• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is there like, a good place to find all the dailies in Pandaria? Without me having to click two-hundred individual pages?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I know I should have guessed it, but I didn't realize He Feeds on Your Tears and I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am are Feats of Strength now. But you can still get Herald of the Titans? It would be pretty rad if they just kept ALL the super cool dungeon achievements in for ilvl challenges.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's the thing, I can't find the "etcs". I just went through the whole map of Townlong and Kun-Lai without finding a single daily.

All those WC2 songs have been stuck in my head for two days and nights now.

And yes, I played the shit out of it back in the day so it was already in my blood. It'd be cool if they found some way to implement WC3 music in WoW too :)

Robin64

Don't think there are dailies in those zones.

You have.. Klaxxi stuff in Dread Wastes, Lotus stuff in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Angler stuff in Krasarang Wilds, Clouds Serpent stuff in Jade Forest and Tillers stuff in Four Winds.

Hmm. 470 Trinkets may be alright for a bit, even if they're some of the worst itemized ones ever.

Not sure what I'll really want from Direbrew/Brewfest this year. Between account-wide mounts, I have both Brewfest ones, and I have a couple remotes (which are handy for getting to MC/BWL/etc.)

And I gotta say - kinda glad the servers were down while I was out at doctors + lunch. Haha suckers! :p

Enosh

Don't think there are dailies in those zones.

You have.. Klaxxi stuff in Dread Wastes, Lotus stuff in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Angler stuff in Krasarang Wilds, Clouds Serpent stuff in Jade Forest and Tillers stuff in Four Winds.
iirc 2 more factions open up when you get one of those to exalted, think the lotus ones

That's the thing, I can't find the "etcs". I just went through the whole map of Townlong and Kun-Lai without finding a single daily.

There are quest givers in the new Pandaren hubs that send you to the different daily hubs. They are one the first floor when you enter your main hub. Standing in a half circle of sorts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When you hit 90 and head for Shrine of the Seven Stars or Two Moons, the ground floor is covered with guys who breadcrumb you to the daily quests. The Klaxxi just give you daily quests as you encounter them though since you're already 89 when you get to them.

None of the other factions seemed interested in giving me anything until I hit 90. My assumption is that they are going to add in faction tokens at some point since they can't really expect you to spam run Cloud Serpent Riding on every single alt and Shado-Pan, etc. on every single alt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmm. 470 Trinkets may be alright for a bit, even if they're some of the worst itemized ones ever.

Not sure what I'll really want from Direbrew/Brewfest this year. Between account-wide mounts, I have both Brewfest ones, and I have a couple remotes (which are handy for getting to MC/BWL/etc.)

And I gotta say - kinda glad the servers were down while I was out at doctors + lunch. Haha suckers! :p

The only thing worthwhile about them is that they have purple text and are easy to get. They are worse than the heroic dungeion level trinkets by quite a bit.

schwupp

need some new realm suggestions:
i wanna start playing again with a buddy - we are looking for an EU realm with an active pvp community.
any suggestions? or even guilds with open slots? :D

googling found me stormscale, ravencrest, outland

Yep the other perks will still work for you.

Also when was the last time you played? You won't be able to accept a Scroll if you subscribed early March or later of this year.

Does it count as subscribing when you take advantage of the free 7 days that Blizzard itself offers? I did just a week or so ago and also back in February.

Bummer :(

I won't make it in time. And neither will the vast majority of players. dumb.

The event last two weeks. It took me ~28 total hours played to get from 85-90 and I didn't queue for shit. If you're efficient with your bag management (or have an Argent Pony) you should be able to cut a few hours I wasted moving back and forth between continents and hit 90 over the weekend.

Yoshichan

So much info to take in. It's awesome.

The event last two weeks. It took me ~28 total hours played to get from 85-90 and I didn't queue for shit. If you're efficient with your bag management (or have an Argent Pony) and you avoid pet battles, you should be able to cut a few hours. I wasted moving back and forth between continents and hit 90 over the weekend.

Thought I'd throw this in there.

Half my guild seems to want to become Pokemon Masters. The good news is that there's a good crew of 7-8 people already at 88-89 and preparing to run 5-mans over the weekend.

Tarazet

I got an idea from watching Blizz do the Challenge Mode Mogu'shun. They were running with a Disc Priest so he could contribute to the DPS while healing. I was thinking of taking it even a step further. We have a group composition that might make it possible to run with no tanks or healers. I'm a Guardian Druid with Balance off-spec, and we have a Survival Hunter, a Demo Warlock, an Ele Shaman, and a Fury Warrior. I was thinking of doing it this way:

- I queue as tank, but roll in Balance spec and heal between DoT applications
- Warlock has his Voidwalker out to tank, he is Symbiosis target so he can throw in Rejuv as well
- Shaman queues as healer but actually runs as Elemental and acts as a third off-healer

So this way, we can queue with 5 DPS and still have enough of all roles to get through dungeons safely. If I do need to tank for a short time, I can shift into Bear form and chain Unending Resolve (my Symbiosis pickup from the Warlock) with Barkskin. If one encounter turns out to be too hard, we can switch specs so that I tank and the Shaman heals. It seems to me all bases are covered.

Robin64

For what it's worth, you don't have to queue as something and run as something else because you don't queue. You just get the group leader to turn on Challenge Mode difficulty and walk into the dungeon the old fashioned way.

Tarazet

For what it's worth, you don't have to queue as something and run as something else because you don't queue. You just get the group leader to turn on Challenge Mode difficulty and walk into the dungeon the old fashioned way.

The point is that we have people capable of filling the roles. I think the changes to Paladins and Druids in particular (not to mention Druid's level 90 talent) should make it much easier to perform outside their specialization than it was before 5.0. I get a strong sense that Blizzard actually wants us to play as hybrid classes and not get hemmed in to purely focused roles, and this may be the key to success in CM's.

Yoshichan

So far, the dailies have been disappointing me. I feel like I've done all of them, and I've only gotten like 20 of them (I was promised like 100 per day)

Dread Waste, Krasarang, Four Winds, and Vale.

Yoshichan

FUCK YEAH! My farm just expanded itself with 4 new slots :D!

Angry Grimace

So far, the dailies have been disappointing me. I feel like I've done all of them, and I've only gotten like 20 of them (I was promised like 100 per day)

Dread Waste, Krasarang, Four Winds, and Vale.

Don't forget the pony that Ghostcrawler promised you.

Jade Forest has the Cloud Serpents, and you can't unlock the August Celestials until you get Honored with Golden Lotus. The Lorewalkers and Anglers also require certain levels of skill in various things to do their quests and Cloud Serpents quests are somewhat dependant on your other secondary professions in how many there are.

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, forgot to check my /played when logging out.
I need a better place for gaming, something more ergonomic. And a longer ethernet cable, don't like to play games using wireless, seem to be getting more lag.

Goblin starter quests are crazy. Good flow on the starter area too, no need to look for quests. Nor is missing quests a problem.

Tomorrow, i'll try a pandaren. Heard the panda starting area is good.

It was very nice to play WoW after nearly 3 year break. It feels new and fresh yet easy to play and get in.

Won

Haven't really got to play yet, but I'm just happy to finally have all my mounts from my DK I don't play anymore.

I also have no idea what to level first. Not up to date with the classes at all. I guess I start with a healer.

Tarazet

Haven't really got to play yet, but I'm just happy to finally have all my mounts from my DK I don't play anymore.

I also have no idea what to level first. Not up to date with the classes at all. I guess I start with a healer.

Disc Priests are bound to be popular for challenge modes.

Loxley

Just hit 86 on my main and got to Tian Monastery...freakin' beautiful. I'm enjoying taking my time gaining levels, the zones are so grand and interesting to me that I feel no need to rush. Also, thank god they crank the respawn rates up for busy times like these, they're a godsend when it comes to competing with 50 other people trying to get the same quests done.

Angry Grimace

Just hit 86 on my main and got to Tian Monastery...freakin' beautiful. I'm enjoying taking my time gaining levels, the zones are so grand and interesting to me that I feel no need to rush. Also, thank god they crank the respawn rates up for busy times like these, they're a godsend when it comes to competing with 50 other people trying to get the same quests done.

That's the thing; they don't actually crank the respawn rates up during expansion - mob respawn, like resource nodes, are dynamic. If respawn rates were static, you would never find any ore at all since farmbots would take all of it.

Enosh

hot straight to the dread wastes from the summit thingy
mobs were kicking my ass, gad to pause often to bandage up or heal, probably because I skipped one zone and didn't have the ilvl for it, then i remembered, hey i got a blood OS, would be worth to try...

lol, my hp bar doesn't even move anymore and I think I might be killing stuff as fast or just a bit slower as with frost
will kinda suck having to change every time for the quest rewards

which brings me to my question:
when do i have to change if I want dps not tanking stuff? before I take the quest or before I turn it in

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I was wondering why quests didnt have that many items rewards.... they actually put a system where you can only get rewards that are good for your class. Why? I loved that extra money when nothing was useful.

To everyone who has come to Mal'Ganis: We may not be in a guild together, but I have set up the channel NeoGAF for all of us to join. Come and talk and coordinate together. It will be (not) fun.

Do we want a password on the channel or can any schmuck join?

Rokam

Got best friend status with all the farming people. Now my farm is full of random shit: Cats, pigs, sheep, chickens, mushan, yak.

Yoshichan

Seriously Rokam? There are like 9 people... did you farm soils since the launch of the game?

Top Bottom