• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Trickster

I got fooled and thought that we'd only wait for 1-2 hours (max) because some "genius" had calculated that the spawn would happen soon.

Oh, how young and stupid I was. I'm going on a date in 2 hours, and I haven't slept in way too long. This relationship isn't gonna hold, I can tell.

Just tell her that you're as dedicated to her as you are to getting a galloen kill. If she knows what that means, she's a keeper.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got fooled and thought that we'd only wait for 1-2 hours (max) because some "genius" had calculated that the spawn would happen soon.

Oh, how young and stupid I was. I'm going on a date in 2 hours, and I haven't slept in way too long. This relationship isn't gonna hold, I can tell.

So you've been ingame for the past 26 hours, doing... what? Nothing?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So you've been ingame for the past 26 hours, doing... what? Nothing?
Well... I've posted on GAF, and listened to Adele's Skyfall approximately 150 times now. I guess that's something.

edit: I guess I did some Skype calls as well.

Bisnic

Well... I've posted on GAF, and listened to Adele's Skyfall approximately 150 times now. I guess that's something.

edit: I guess I did some Skype calls as well.

Hm ok. Those past 26 hours must have been wonderful and very fun. And all for this for a world raid boss too!

And i bet you did crazier things in the past.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Marry me ._.

cs6f6.jpg

Yoshichan

Well... hopefully you'll warn your date about how crazy you are. :lol
She is a videeyyaa gaemer as well so I hope we can share similar stories!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Yoshichan's officially lost his mind. WoW has won (lost?).

Yoshichan

I don't know who to like anymore... my mind is having conflicts

PFZWb.jpg

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Huh, that's an interesting find. I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing some new lore play out in the coming months.

MoP has done something to WoW for me, I'm actually enjoying playing again and looking forward to things. I'm not even 90 yet, I keep getting distracted by exploring and sightseeing and reading quest text and pet battles. So far this expansion has been awesome for me.

Bisnic

Yoshi, that Skyfall song fucking sucks.

Even if it was the best song of the year, listening to the same thing 150 times in a day is... weird. How do you not get tired of this after 10 times? Now, he will have this song stuck in his head for the rest of the week.

Yoshichan

Even if it was the best song of the year, listening to the same thing 150 times in a day is... weird. How do you not get tired of this after 10 times? Now, he will have this song stuck in his head for the rest of the week.
I started listening to it like a week ago, and the addiction is just getting worse and worse!
Yoshi, that Skyfall song fucking sucks.
I'm gonna have to punch someone tonight.

Yoshichan

So how is it soloing as Resto? Do you cat it up most of the time, deal in caster form, or switch to offspec for quests?
It's slow and horrible. I go balance as second spec; both specs benefit from intellect so :p

Tarazet

It's slow and horrible. I go balance as second spec; both specs benefit from intellect so :p

I remember hearing that you can get Agi equal to your Intellect if you run in cat form, but if it's anything like using cat form as a Guardian, it's pretty gimped. You don't even have Shred, let alone Savage Roar and Tiger's Fury. Even so, it's a melee with decent AoE so it might work OK for questing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Best way to avoid K'T's bloodworm mindcontrol?

Don't have pets, although I had my Army still up (since I popped them to down the Advisors, but they all died in about 15 seconds total) when he did it last week (meaning he did the "Obey Me!" emote while my ghoul and army were still hanging around) and it didn't seem to work and I got the kill. Part of the reason for this is that you have to actually get hit by the disorient at the same time to get M/C'd (since at that point you don't have aggro and you're probably the only other viable target).

In short, don't show up in Blood Spec - you can easily down him in Frost spec (using Death Siphon for heals) with basic 463 gear. An added perk is that Capernian can't annoyingly throw you across the room since Pillar of Frost prevents the external movement effect.

crpav

Going to call it quits on trying to raid with my guild. I was a regular on the team 2 for a while until team 1 had an opening then moved up with them and had fun. We downed normal DS before any nerfs to it and started heroics. Well my wife was pregnant and called it quits back in early summer to focus on pre-natal classes and life stuff. Well I was hoping to start again when MOP came out. I put in as much time as I could trying to gear up but I just can't put in the time needed to keep running dungeons hoping to get gear I need to finish getting all heroic gear. I am not even high enough to get into LFR yet sitting at 455 ilvl.

In the end it's best since I have been playing too much beyond the times my wife said I could to raid. I was hoping it would be easier to get gear I had but in the end no. So I will be casual again, which sucks a little since I enjoyed raiding and the end game it offers, but overall marriage and my son is more important.

Kenaras

I remember hearing that you can get Agi equal to your Intellect if you run in cat form, but if it's anything like using cat form as a Guardian, it's pretty gimped. You don't even have Shred, let alone Savage Roar and Tiger's Fury. Even so, it's a melee with decent AoE so it might work OK for questing.

If you weapon swap to a good Agility two-hander, cat form feels somewhat playable. Better DPS than caster form, at least. It still doesn't come close to a dedicated DPS secondary spec, though.

Before, I always had Feral as my secondary spec. I switched to Balance for Mists, to share some of the gear and because I could finally play Balance without being a battlechicken. I'm back to Feral now; for soloing, Balance really feels horrible in comparison.

Bisnic

Anyway, with dual spec right now, there's no excuse for healers to not have a DPS spec for when they need to do quests/dailies. Unless you're one of those players who have a tank and healer specs... but even a tank spec would be better for questing than a healer one.

Macattk15

At this point you're just whining. Really, now.

Just ignore Yoshi. Dude is too hardcore for his own good. Should probably see a psychologist ... since all this seems "normal" to him.

He goes through the same stages with every game he plays ... cause he plays them too fucking much. He did it with Dark Souls, D3 and now it's starting with MoP.

Hype > Elation > Sadness > Loathing.

On to the next one.

Robin64

The Pandaren clearly tell you to relax and take it easy. No need to be quite so hardcore, the game won't be deleted next week.. :\

Berordn

Camping out for a boss? thats a bit extreme

I mean wow is no longer a hardcore mmo as it tried to be many years ago.

Camping rare spawns is nothing new to the game and rather innocuous, and can be kind of fun when you're in a race to tag.

It's the doing it for 26 straight hours where things get a bit sticky.

The Pandaren clearly tell you to relax and take it easy. No need to be quite so hardcore, the game won't be deleted next week.. :\

I smile when the pandaren npcs tell me to slow down. And then I move on to the next daily quest hub :(
Today was also the first day I've seen the serpent spine rolling course. Best quest CONFIRMED.

Chris R

Camping rare spawns is nothing new to the game and rather innocuous, and can be kind of fun when you're in a race to tag.

It's the doing it for 26 straight hours where things get a bit sticky.

Yep. I've camped rare spawns in various MMOs quite a bit, but never for a full day+ in one sitting. Longest would have to be the Valk Emp in FFXI for 3 or 4 hours (time between one spawn where someone else killed it and when I was able to kill it).

Yoshichan

That went fairly smooth!

Plus, I didn't miss out on the Galleon spawn :lol :lol :lol Back to farming, I guess!

Angry Grimace

Its days like these I'm happy I don't reside on an insane server.

Lore: I can't wait until Wrathion is revealed as evil.

Yoshichan

Also, I really don't like doing this but I'm pretty much forced to at this point~ This page added three new people to my ignore list. Good job!

Angry Grimace

Also, I really don't like doing this but I'm pretty much forced to at this point~ This page added three new people to my ignore list. Good job!

Uh, you aren't forced to do anything? The world first races are over, there's literally no reason you absolutely need to get the 10% chance of loot off of Warband. Grats on adding people to your ignore list though?

JCizzle

Uh, you aren't forced to do anything? The world first races are over, there's literally no reason you absolutely need to get the 10% chance of loot off of Warband. Grats on adding people to your ignore list though?

I think the implication was that he doesn't like adding people to the ignore list, not the camping part.

Yoshichan

Uh, you aren't forced to do anything? The world first races are over, there's literally no reason you need to get the 10% chance of loot off of Warband. Grats on adding people to your ignore list though.
Aaaaaand you completely failed to understand what I said.

Angry Grimace

I think the implication was that he doesn't like adding people to the ignore list, not the camping part.

Oh, I see. I'm not sure you'd be forced to add anyone to your ignore list either. He's posting about something he's outright admitting is a terrible idea - shouldn't he expect people to criticize him for it?

Aaaaaand you completely failed to understand anything.
Yeah, I read that wrong. I thought you were talking about camping Galleon for 26 hours (which I still don't understand why anyone would ever do)

Yoshichan

Oh, I see. I'm not sure you'd be forced to add anyone to your ignore list either. He's posting about something he's outright admitting is a terrible idea - shouldn't he expect people to criticize him for it?
Not really, I'm getting morale-boost from lots of people in WoW, in real life and my own Entropia. It's an MMO; people do crazy shit - people who don't play MMOs usually talk shit and that's fine. But some people in this thread seems to be absolutely disgusted by the thought of camping a monster. To the point where I sometimes think that I'm on a forum about clothings and shoes, and not video games.

Neki

Doing anything for 26 hours straight is crazy, it doesn't matter it's an mmo, it's the fact that you ignored sleep and your social life to do it.

Top Bottom