• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Enosh

That tauren is going to be pissed, because he even says Anduin is to be considered under his protection. I really hope they don't kill him off, I know he gets a lot of hate, but I like him. He's not stupid like his father or a majority of other characters. It's a refreshing change.
no he is pretty stupid from my point of view, will be glad to see him gone, sadly probably won't be permanently

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I always find the peacekeeper types to be naive, at least in this lore so far. I personally would like to see
Anduin
turn into something interesting after these events.

Not necessarily evil. Maybe something super-hero-ish and he isn't necessarily controlled by either side.

one thing is for sure, I'm glad I have 2 ports to Dalaran :p

Woorloog

Banned
What are you doing in Ghostlands? Should've went to Barrens, Azshara, or Silverpine.
Leveling a Blood Elf, on RP server. Why else? Besides, i like the area considerably better than any other option.
Though, I have yet to play post-Cata Silverpine, don't like the zone's new look. Too green. To be more specific, wrong shade of green.

Eh, I did Ghostlands on my priest just a couple weeks ago for something different. Was pretty fun/challenging doing Knucklerot and Luzran at level 11. You really should ignore those Spinal Dust (and there's a similar one) quests though. Not worth it at all unless you're completing the zone for Loremaster/Tranquillien rep. The drops are purchasable on the AH though if someone happened to put some up.

Azshara and the Barrens start off pretty shitty IMO. Silverpine is definitely the best out of all those zones.

I finished the quests already (but not doing repeats), took ridiculously long time. Doing them for experience and rep (want that cape), though IIRC there are enough quests in Ghostlands to gain exalted with Tranquillien without doing those two quests.
As i said, the zone is empty beside me (had solo the abos, needed surprisingly high level to do that even as a Warlock, demons have been nerfed considerably from Wrath, i think) so i can't find that stuff in AH. Besides, i wouldn't have enough money to buy them, server prices aren't exactly cheap.

It just annoys me how Blizzard left Draenei and Blood Elf zones nearly untouched in Cata/Mists, other than adding some flight masters, mailposts and such the quests have been left untweaked; while better than vanilla starter zones, they still suffer from some idiotic conditions or low drop rates or bad flow (quests with similar levels spaced out, with high level ones beetween them).

mclem

I'm kind of the opposite. Gear is always transitory and replaceable. Shit that looks cool doesn't stop looking cool.

I used the logic that *since* gear is transitory and replacable, you need to *get* the gear while it's in the window in which it's useful to reap any benefit. Shit that looks cool won't go away.

So... prot (and holy) paladins now get rebirth from Symbiosis. A combat res when, *by definition*, you already have a combat res in the group. I'd argue that that limits its usefulness somewhat!

Nice for 25s, though.

Spent a big chunk of time yesterday doing some pet battles stuff; got most of the pets from Stormwind down to Stranglethorn, although it refused to rain in Cape of Stranglethorn so no baby ape yet. Quite proud in that I managed to take down and capture a L15 cockroach and his buddy in Burning Steppes with a L9 crab. Speaking of which, I'm noticing that if you study the stats of the enemies you're fighting, you can predict the rarity of it. Useful if - as happened to me - you're fighting two Strand Crabs and you want to know which of the two is worth capturing.

Finally geared to a level that satisfies me for raiding, although I've still got gaps. Indeed, it seems that there's a distinct lack of blue tank helmets. Other than the random ones from scenarios, I'm only aware of one L463 one that doesn't have crit. Lots of Scholo for me until the reset, I think!

Acidote

I gave a short look to the Black Prince spoilers on mmo-champion and there's something I'm not liking.

It looks like to rep him up to revered you will have to kill horde npcs in the beaches of Krasarang Wilds, if that ends up being something like pvp then that will be a problem for me. It could be even worse than that, they could be more daily quests after grinding the others to exalted (Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-pan and August Celestials).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There are no normal 90 dungeons in MoP.
(Ah, you mean the random... well, for that 4 instance, seemes like they did not want to give bonus rewards for doing that. Hah.)
Did a scenario now I'm 432. Guess its alright. Normal dps queue sucks tho.

Edit: tho now it's letting me do another random scenArio

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So are people rolling need for off spec to get in raid finder? Or does equipped loot affect lfr entry? Based on the tooltip equipped gear seems tononly affect heroic entry?

JCizzle

So are people rolling need for off spec to get in raid finder? Or does equipped loot affect lfr entry? Based on the tooltip equipped gear seems tononly affect heroic entry?

Beyond that, some people are just jerks. IMO if you queue as a tank, you get that gear because you're the one taking the initiative to tank. DPS gets their gear since they put up with the queue to get in. Crossing either of those boundaries when another player who actually queued as the role needs the gear simply sucks. I don't buy the "well, I need the gear to queue as tank/DPS in the future!" line of reasoning since it's not super difficult to hit 435 without ninja'ing.

Nugg

I would like to know that as well. And I have the same question about the Sha of anger. Do I need to be tank spec in order to get tank loot?

Edit: completely misread you post DeathNote. My question actually is: does the spec in which you queue for LFR affect the loot you get? What about the Sha?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Beyond that, some people are just jerks. IMO if you queue as a tank, you get that gear because you're the one taking the initiative to tank. DPS gets their gear since they put up with the queue to get in. Crossing either of those boundaries when another player who actually queued as the role needs the gear simply sucks. I don't buy the "well, I need the gear to queue as tank/DPS in the future!" line of reasoning since it's not super difficult to hit 435 without ninja'ing.
Well, 460 for lfr.

If off spec loot counts toward lfr entry, ill prob need os loot in heroics for the first time.

Fjordson

Two and a half bars from 90, time for sleep.

The Klaxxi are pretty interesting as a faction and I've liked most of these quests, but The Dread Wastes as a zone is a little dull compared to everywhere else I've been.

Nugg

The Klaxxi are pretty interesting as a faction and I've liked most of these quests, but The Dread Wastes as a zone is a little dull compared to everywhere else I've been.

The Klaxxi are amazing, but you will hate their dailies pretty quickly.

Fjordson

The Klaxxi are amazing, but you will hate their dailies pretty quickly.
I already hate the first one I got. Anytime I see kill 40 of something in regards to quests I figure I'm bombing people in a vehicle or something...

Nope :lol all on foot baby.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Absolutely ridiculous.

Two and a half bars from 90, time for sleep.

Dread Waste = Icecrown , ugly dark blue looking place... with similar fucking music ( How ironic )

Ultratech

I already hate the first one I got. Anytime I see kill 40 of something in regards to quests I figure I'm bombing people in a vehicle or something...

Well, you do get a fun daily where you get to kill 200 of those guys.

Made more fun by controlling an absolute killing machine that spits acid, headbutts, and slices its way through everything. :D

(It could be slightly better, but the range on the acid spit is crazy ridiculous.)

But yeah, a lot of their dailies are kinda meh. Like the one where you have to kill miners for the shackles...it sucks since those things don't drop for crap.

My question actually is: does the spec in which you queue for LFR affect the loot you get? What about the Sha?

The way I understand it, it's based off whatever spec you're currently in.

As such:
Second, the item you win will be “useful” in the sense that it’s potentially usable by your current spec. This does not mean that warriors will get leather because warriors can equip leather (at a huge stat loss). It also does not mean that the game will always give you an item you want or an upgrade for the items you have. It just looks and says “You are a Holy priest, so here is a random item chosen from the Holy priest-appropriate items that this boss can drop.”

idlewild_

Generally, if the quest requires you to kill more than around 12 guys, then there will be packs of 4-5 mobs with around 100k health for you to kill. Those quests usually take less time to do than the regular kill 12 enemies ones.

Made more fun by controlling an absolute killing machine that spits acid, headbutts, and slices its way through everything. :D

You get another fun one at revered where one of the klaxxi flies you around and you bomb the mantid.

Acidote

(It could be slightly better, but the range on the acid spit is crazy ridiculous.)

With that one you have to put up with all the special people that use the push (2) skill on the mobs. Annoying if you're in a populated server.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I had a tank the other day who rolled need on a healer ring and won it, and the healer wanted it. He said he "wanted to test it for item lvl" and would "give it back at the end".

Of course, i had my doubts and didnt trust him with such a shitty excuse. But the healer did. Guess what happened when the heroic was over?

Pugs are fucking jerks when they want to be like that. I don't know why heroics rolling system doesn't work like Raid Finder. It would save a lot of rage and headaches.

V_Arnold

I think the only way to fight the douchebag movement in LFG is to be a nice guy :p
I talk to the group (tank), I joke around (whether they like it or not), but I am not sitting through it silently. And I definitely do not roll on stuff that does not belong to my spec.

mclem

Generally, if the quest requires you to kill more than around 12 guys, then there will be packs of 4-5 mobs with around 100k health for you to kill. Those quests usually take less time to do than the regular kill 12 enemies ones.
Yeah, I've really taken to victimising the rockthrower kunzen for the Tillers dailies whenever I can. In the case of the Klaxxi, I think they're clustered mainly around one of the crystals?

Is there an official name for that type of mob? Either -> NonElite -> Ultraweak? They're clearly a special type because they have an unusual targetting frame (just a healthbar, no backdrop).

Garryk

Finished up Loremaster yesterday for Pandaria. Best expansion by far. I think the pacing is pretty damn good and the variety of quest types keeps it from getting stale. Dread Wastes turned out to be a lot better zone than I expected. I think the Klaxxi are probably my favorite faction from a story standpoint, but the Hozen are my favorite race from an entertainment standpoint. I finished up the DW with an ilvl of 440 with my only non-quest gear piece being the Zen Alchemist Stone. I still haven't stepped inside a dungeon yet, but I still got to 90 a little over halfway through Townlong Steppes.

I really, really like Pandaria. I feel disconnected from the rest of the world and I don't want to go back to Orgrimmar. If there was an auctioneer in the Vale I would be set, but I just send stuff to my alts to hock. I highly recommend not getting flight training until after you finish up the quests from the main zones. It makes the game world feel a lot bigger and it feels good to bust out the land mounts again if only for a little while.

Ultratech

Looking at some of the stuff people have been digging out of the 5.1 PTR...

They added a crapton of new Rares in the Old World. Lot of weird stuff too like Outland beasts showing up in areas around the Dark Portal (Warp Stalkers, Nether Rays, Ravagers, in Badlands, Burning Steppes, etc.)

Something really cool though:
file.php

Arcane Serpents as Hunter Pets! (Which are actually classified as Serpents.)

Best way to avoid K'T's bloodworm mindcontrol?

Go Frost. (Or so I've heard.)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Looking at some of the stuff people have been digging out of the 5.1 PTR...

They added a crapton of new Rares in the Old World. Lot of weird stuff too like Outland beasts showing up in areas around the Dark Portal (Warp Stalkers, Nether Rays, Ravagers, in Badlands, Burning Steppes, etc.)

They're adding even more of them? I thought Cataclysm already added a lot.

The 'kill 40' quest I think is a bombing run where you are the bomb. Which would be fine, if you could find mobs that were in a pack of more than 5 at a time, and if you didn't have to run all the goddamn way back to klaxxi'vess to get picked up again afterwards.

Tarazet

The 'kill 40' quest I think is a bombing run where you are the bomb. Which would be fine, if you could find mobs that were in a pack of more than 5 at a time, and if you didn't have to run all the goddamn way back to klaxxi'vess to get picked up again afterwards.

I don't think so. That's just a mechanic to transport you to the battlefield, and it's not meant to be the only way that you kill the bugs. When I have a "Kill X mobs" I go after secondary objectives first, like gathering or interacting with objects. Usually I'll get pretty close anyways.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

You are in a hell of your own making, and you hold the keys to freedom.
Yeah, I could've stopped this 25 hours ago. If you told me at that time, that I'd be waiting for so long, I wouldn't have done this. Right now, it's not about the loot (that I won't be getting anyway). It's about seeing him spawn and get the satisfaction of killing this fucker, once and for all, with the same raid that I formed from scratch.

Yoshichan

At this point you're just whining. Really, now.
Is that qq to you? I wouldn't want to know what you'd think of the qq that I've been hearing in /1 or in my raid group for the past day and a half. I'm simply updating myself in this thread - as a reminder of something I'll never do again.

Ultratech

They're adding even more of them? I thought Cataclysm already added a lot.

The ones I've read about so far are tameable beasts (most of which are listed as Rares), but it's only covered like a handful of areas so far. Still, it's quite a lot. I hear the PTR is REALLY buggy right now, which is what's stopping people from finding more.

Nugg

Is that qq to you? I wouldn't want to know what you'd think of the qq that I've been hearing in /1 or in my raid group for the past day and a half. I'm simply updating myself in this thread - as a reminder of something I'll never do again.

How does that work, you have a raid group? Does that mean that 39 people have been waiting with you for the past 26 hours?

Yoshichan

How does that work, you have a raid group? Does that mean that 39 people have been waiting with you for the past 26 hours?
We're multiple groups that have been waiting. Some people went to bed and came back, but most have stayed throughout the whole thing.

Trickster

How long did you expect to wait? Doesn't galleons respawn timer vary by up to several days? But hey, I hope you get him, just so you get something out of your self inflicted torture. ;)

Yoshichan

How long did you expect to wait? Doesn't galleons respawn timer vary by up to several days? But hey, I hope you get him, just so you get something out of your self inflicted torture. ;)
I got fooled and thought that we'd only wait for 1-2 hours (max) because some "genius" had calculated that the spawn would happen soon.

Oh, how young and stupid I was. I'm going on a date in 2 hours, and I haven't slept in way too long. This relationship isn't gonna hold, I can tell.

Top Bottom