• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

idlewild_

I've been trying to put the caster trinket together, got 6 of the cards and paid 24k so far for them. Pretty decent going. Should be able to pick up the rest fairly cheaply because it's 3 weeks till DMF is here again.

Yeah, prices basically halved on Stormrage over the weekend between DMF ending and the ink trader now offering starlight ink. Should be possible to get the entire deck for 20-30k before the next festival.

idlewild_

All this horde vs alliance stuff we're getting in 5.1, REALLY should have been in at release imo, Considering they said MoP would focus on the horde vs alliance. I kept wondering when I'd start seeing all that stuff while leveling through pandaria. Didn't happen.

I think the idea was that 5.0 was the "scouting party" phase, whereas the main war hosts arrive in 5.1.

Berordn

All this horde vs alliance stuff we're getting in 5.1, REALLY should have been in at release imo, Considering they said MoP would focus on the horde vs alliance. I kept wondering when I'd start seeing all that stuff while leveling through pandaria. Didn't happen.

They said a lot before release, and even in the quests, that prior to endgame, the focus would be on exploring Pandaria itself and becoming friendly to the natives. Now that we've done that, we get to rip the lush, beautiful land asunder for no reason other than to whet our bloodlust for the color blue or red.

The war's been building up for a while, all the way to Kun-Lai where we still kept forcing the Pandaren natives into picking sides. After that there was a lot of focus on mutual enemy stuff, but they're adding it in now in a big way.

Ultratech

They said a lot before release, and even in the quests, that prior to endgame, the focus would be on exploring Pandaria itself and becoming friendly to the natives. Now that we've done that, we get to rip the lush, beautiful land asunder for no reason other than to whet our bloodlust for the color blue or red.

The war's been building up for a while, all the way to Kun-Lai where we still kept forcing the Pandaren natives into picking sides. After that there was a lot of focus on mutual enemy stuff, but they're adding it in now in a big way.

No doubt it's gonna lead up to something big.

Probably something that escalates into bringing about the 7th Sha.

Berordn

No doubt it's gonna lead up to something big.

Probably something that escalates into bringing about the 7th Sha.

There's little doubt that along the way to the Siege of Orgrimmar, someone's going to resurrect the 7th Sha, reunite all the heads into Y'sharrj and wreak general old god-y havoc on us all. The old ones never truly die.

Should be interesting seeing how the Klaxxi react when they realize they've been inadvertently fighting against their own god.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
10 hours and counting...

Fjordson

2 bars into 89, which zone should I hit up next for questing? Ready to wrap this thing up.

I'm in Kun-Lai right now, but I sort of leafrogged this from instances I think since I've only done 4-5 quests here and the zone is labeled as 87-88.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Best addon? Best addon.

[edit]

Oops, forgot to edit out chat first. lol

i8fsYO47p0yM9.png

Ultratech

2 bars into 89, which zone should I hit up next for questing? Ready to wrap this thing up.

I'm in Kun-Lai right now, but I sort of leafrogged this from instances I think since I've only done 4-5 quests here and the zone is labeled as 87-88.

You could go and do quests Townlong Steppes or find the breadcrumb quest to head towards the Dread Wastes and do stuff there (if you plan on doing Klaxxi stuff, then this is a good idea). I'm sure you get one breadcrumb quest for it at the Shrine of Two Moons, if you've done the stuff to unlock that yet.

Either way, it's gonna take a while...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
12 hours... good lord.

Woorloog

Banned
Fuck Blizzard. Ghostlands and Spinal Dust droprates. Don't think i've seen anything so bad. At least it feels like that.
Also, that Dar'Khan Drathir quest. I'm level 22 and it is nearly impossible to solo that guy even as a Warlock, since some fucktard made the extra mobs respawn too fast (3 tries, each one failed due to an extra mob spawning). Grouping up is not an option, the area is empty.

Yoshichan

I just popped my sixth Monster drink for tonight. Fuck it.

Fjordson

You could go and do quests Townlong Steppes or find the breadcrumb quest to head towards the Dread Wastes and do stuff there (if you plan on doing Klaxxi stuff, then this is a good idea). I'm sure you get one breadcrumb quest for it at the Shrine of Two Moons, if you've done the stuff to unlock that yet.

Either way, it's gonna take a while...
Klaxxi faction has some good stuff it seems and I'm a sucker for mounts, so I'll try to pick up that quest and head to Dread Wastes. Thanks!

And yeah, figure I'm in a for a long haul :lol haven't minded it so far because the quests have been so good, but now I'm itching to hit 90.

Fuck Blizzard. Ghostlands and Spinal Dust droprates. Don't think i've seen anything so bad. At least it feels like that.
Also, that Dar'Khan Drathir quest. I'm level 22 and it is nearly impossible to solo that guy even as a Warlock, since some fucktard made the extra mobs respawn too fast (3 tries, each one failed due to an extra mob spawning). Grouping up is not an option, the area is empty.
What are you doing in Ghostlands? Should've went to Barrens, Azshara, or Silverpine.

What are you doing in Ghostlands? Should've went to Barrens, Azshara, or Silverpine.

Eh, I did Ghostlands on my priest just a couple weeks ago for something different. Was pretty fun/challenging doing Knucklerot and Luzran at level 11. You really should ignore those Spinal Dust (and there's a similar one) quests though. Not worth it at all unless you're completing the zone for Loremaster/Tranquillien rep. The drops are purchasable on the AH though if someone happened to put some up.

Azshara and the Barrens start off pretty shitty IMO. Silverpine is definitely the best out of all those zones.

Yoshichan

13 hours later:

CfgtO.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wish there wasnt so many factions and dailies to grind, i havent even had time to do pet battles or scenarios yet(i know im not missing much with these).

Trickster

For you, maybe not.

For me, worth it if I actually get the tag/loot.

If you want loot that badly, and are willing to spend THAT much time waiting for the possibility of getting loot. Wouldn't it simply be easier to join a hardcore raiding guild that, you known, actually fights raid bosses? I'm pretty sure you would get more loot that way :p

Yoshichan

If you want loot that badly, and are willing to spend THAT much time waiting for the possibility of getting loot. Wouldn't it simply be easier to join a hardcore raiding guild that, you known, actually fights raid bosses? I'm pretty sure you would get more loot that way :p
This makes no sense, because even the hardcore guilds are camping this boss 16-36h a week. Loot is loot, no matter where you get it from - it's "hard" to come by early on in expansions~

Yoshichan

16 hours in this captivity... Head's dizzy, stomachs aching, eyes are blurry. How will I survive this nightmare.

Tarazet

Klaxxi revered. Golden Lotus revered. Got completely owned 5 times in a row trying to kill the elites for the Shado-Pan dailies, had to get my Warlock buddy to back me up even rolling in tank spec. Going to be a lot of repairs before I hit Revered with them. August Celestials was piss easy.

I switched over to ElvUI based on Icyveins' recommendation. I love the stacking buff/debuff bars, and the way it sorts them by duration remaining so you can see what's about to drop off in real time. I'm pretty sure that's the tool I've been missing to play cat properly.

Magnus

I'm halfway through Golden Lotus...FRIENDLY. And already want to kill myself.

Just doing them every other day. Feels like overkill, just doing the same damned shit over and over. I was never one for daily quests. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Klaxxi revered. Golden Lotus revered. Got completely owned 5 times in a row trying to kill the elites for the Shado-Pan dailies, had to get my Warlock buddy to back me up even rolling in tank spec. Going to be a lot of repairs before I hit Revered with them. August Celestials was piss easy.

I switched over to ElvUI based on Icyveins' recommendation. I love the stacking buff/debuff bars, and the way it sorts them by duration remaining so you can see what's about to drop off in real time. I'm pretty sure that's the tool I've been missing to play cat properly.

You get companions with Shado-pan to help you

Berordn

I just realized,
Anduin can't really die
. The chapter 3 Wrathion Achievement is called "Two Princes."

Just like in Diablo 3, achievements spoil everything.

Except they love to pull every fucking thing and make it take even longer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For you, maybe not.

For me, worth it if I actually get the tag/loot.

No, it's not worth it and at this point I just don't feel bad for you. There isn't any reason camping a spawn for X hours is worth it - all of the world firsts are over.

Tarazet

I had the Rogue with me. She did absolutely nothing to help. At one point she had managed to pull 15 of those fuckers and get them beating on me, snaring me and dotting me and there was nothing I could do. I had to dismiss her and pull the packs away from the road to stand a chance.

Trickster

This makes no sense, because even the hardcore guilds are camping this boss 16-36h a week. Loot is loot, no matter where you get it from - it's "hard" to come by early on in expansions~

Why would hardcore guilds, or any guild for that matter, stand around doing nothing. Waiting for a boss to spawn. When they could be in mogushan vault, working on completing it on either normal or heroic? THAT makes no sense the way I see it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I just realized,
Anduin can't really die
. The chapter 3 Wrathion Achievement is called "Two Princes."

Just like in Diablo 3, achievements spoil everything.

Spoilering that.

Though I think it stands to reason that that may be the case. I think what probably happens is that Garrosh thinks he has killed Anduin, but he does some shit and turns out he was alive the entire time... or Wrathion gets involved somehow

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I love how before all of the above would have happened in some book, now it's actually happening in-game.

Tamanon

Banned
Spoilering that.

Though I think it stands to reason that that may be the case. I think what probably happens is that Garrosh thinks he has killed Anduin, but he does some shit and turns out he was alive the entire time... or Wrathion gets involved somehow

What if it's kinda like
Varian, where something happens that splits Anduin into two, like an Anduin and a Shanduin

Yoshichan

WoWGAF proving POINTS!!

LOL

casuals

*continues to die*

ZenaxPure

Considering a lot of this will probably be taking place in Krasarang wilds (since this is where both factions land) I am more curious if
Anduin actually does die then someone (possibly Wrathion given the achievement names) attempts to use the waters of youth on him. Seems like at least the possibility would have to come up considering the Night Elves already know the full effect of it and would probably inform Varian.

Regardless, there is absolutely no way Anduin
will remain "dead" very long considering they have put a ton of effort into his character since early cataclysm. The Shattering pretty much set up him and Baine eventually bringing some sort of peace between Horde and Alliance to some degree which the lore folk still remember since the Tauren in the white tiger temple directly references Baine and Anduin's friendship if you quest there as a Horde character.

Acidote

Master Elixir. Craft 100 flasks for me and for trading. Not even 1 proc.

Craft 10 flasks for a guildie. Two times x10 and two times x2.

Fuck this game.

Rokam

Considering a lot of this will probably be taking place in Krasarang wilds (since this is where both factions land) I am more curious if
Anduin actually does die then someone (possibly Wrathion given the achievement names) attempts to use the waters of youth on him. Seems like at least the possibility would have to come up considering the Night Elves already know the full effect of it and would probably inform Varian.

Regardless, there is absolutely no way Anduin
will remain "dead" very long considering they have put a ton of effort into his character since early cataclysm. The Shattering pretty much set up him and Baine eventually bringing some sort of peace between Horde and Alliance to some degree which the lore folk still remember since the Tauren in the white tiger temple directly references Baine and Anduin's friendship if you quest there as a Horde character.

That tauren is going to be pissed, because he even says Anduin is to be considered under his protection. I really hope they don't kill him off, I know he gets a lot of hate, but I like him. He's not stupid like his father or a majority of other characters. It's a refreshing change.

Top Bottom