• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

A friend asked me to come to his guild's 25 BH pug on an alt, so I did. We one-shot both bosses and as loot is going out I get removed from the group. Rude, but nothing I wanted dropped anyway so I just told my friend I was a little annoyed and left it at that.

But it made me wonder, why doesn't the default UI tell you who removed you from a raid group? You'd think it'd go a long way towards solving griefing like this if you could post a whiny GM ticket with a specific person's name in it, or msg them if it was a mistake, or raise the issue on realm forums for repeat offenders. Anything like that.

Alucrid

Banned
wonderdung said:
A friend asked me to come to his guild's 25 BH pug on an alt, so I did. We one-shot both bosses and as loot is going out I get removed from the group. Rude, but nothing I wanted dropped anyway so I just told my friend I was a little annoyed and left it at that.

But it made me wonder, why doesn't the default UI tell you who removed you from a raid group? You'd think it'd go a long way towards solving griefing like this if you could post a whiny GM ticket with a specific person's name in it, or msg them if it was a mistake, or raise the issue on realm forums for repeat offenders. Anything like that.

Wow, that's a petty, asshole move by those guys.

LowParry

wonderdung said:

Sounds like you need some new friends. That's pretty bullshit what happened to you.

Airan

I'm nearing Cata Heroics with my friends, though one of them went on holiday and is now playing catch up with regards to levels and item levels. I'm ilvl 324, and am ready to get another 359 JP vendor piece, would that block me from playing with the rest of my friends when using the dungeon finder? Will the normal cata dungeons get locked out for me?

Also I'm a rogue and have been reading on stat guides - how the hell do you get 5% yellow/white hit from the character sheet in game? I looked at Shadowcraft too and can't see what the stat weights are supposed to mean - are they percentages?

So, after not playing this game for like 8 months, I used my free 8 days pass, and man either I'm totally over this game or it just got boring.

Heroic times are still like 25 minutes on my server, Normals are even less fun than WOTLK ones now due to them having just enough tedium to spice things up. I still like playing my warrior, but I don't really like playing my mage or my pally anymore. Add to that the way that Cata does quest chains makes going through them a second time not very interesting.

I still love my 70'ish Shaman, but oh man I don't have one iota of desire to any of Northrend again.

Maybe at some point I'll go do the Worgen area on an Alliance server, but other than that I have to say there's nothing that's making me want to stay past these 8 free days.

Swag

Paragon did a live raid with commentary from Virdisha (sp) and Total Biscuit, highlighting all 7 heroic bosses in Firelands. Is a pretty good watch, as there is a question section towards the end during the Ragnaros attempts.

Sebulon3k said:
Paragon did a live raid with commentary from Virdisha (sp) and Total Biscuit, highlighting all 7 heroic bosses in Firelands. Is a pretty good watch, as there is a question section towards the end during the Ragnaros attempts.

Ooh, gonna give that a watch.

Negator

Alucrid said:
Thanks. Just downed Beth, being the only DPS on the small spiderlings adds gives me a craaazy dps / damage boost. Got the mail shoulders do so I'm pretty happy, oh it was the second attempt tonight too.

Good job! Baleroc should go down if you've gotten that far.

Sebulon3k said:
It's interesting seeing how amazingly efficient they are with the time they have.

Still watching it, but I would kill to be in a guild even half as efficient.

I'm tempted after seeing all this raiding now too - there's a couple of guilds recruiting on my server that have spots I could fit in, but I feel like it wouldn't end well. Maybe next tier - since I don't main a caster (for the legendary staff) it's not like I'm missing out on much by skipping Firelands.

Will probably just end up focusing on Diablo 3 whenever that releases because while I really do enjoy large group play with 25-man raids, I probably tend to do better with small groups of people. I know there will be at least a couple of real life friends who I can get to play Diablo 3 with - WoW I don't really know anybody personally, at least not on my server/faction.

Maybe if I earn enough money off that D3 auction house...

mclem

Alex said:
The droprate is exactly the same as it is when farming them normally.

Strictly speaking, I believe Blizzard have said it's 'equivalent'. That's not necessarily the same as 'identical'. I suspect that it's about six times more likely to appear in the bag as it is to drop from the relevant boss, assuming that a complete run on the relevant boss takes five minutes while a PUGged heroic takes around thirty. That would be an appropriate distribution of probabilities.

One other thing I noticed when doing a few experimental Raven Lord runs back at 80 is that my DPS buddies could do the complete run in about half the time that I could. Effectively they'd have two chances for every ten minutes they spent, whereas I'd only have one such chance; strictly speaking, it'd take several years of Call To Arms to redress that balance.

I won't lie; it is significantly easier for us to get such mounts right now than it is for you; one major factor I haven't addressed is that it makes it easier to get *A* mount, but not necessarily defined *which* mount. But you had it significantly easier before then, and it'd be incorrect to discount that as a factor.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TheYanger said:
Can't you only do the heroic once a day? how long it takes to clear is irrelevant
Almost everyone I know has like 7 characters

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Almost everyone I know has like 7 characters
Awesome-O!

Except for the fact that the mount is kind of stuck on one of them and many have no desire to farm it on alts that aren't their main or runner up.

RPGCrazied

I wish this game would get a sky update. Kinda like they did with the water graphic. It looks so dated, specially in the old revamped world.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alucrid said:
You can do heroics multiple times if you get it via the random dungeon finder, right?
BC heroic at 85, no.

You could turn off your experience off on a 70 alt and grind BC dungeons all day I guess. But there's 16 other heroics I believe and 4 other people to roll on the mount in the one instance you want. I'm not sure if the heroics still require rep on top of that.

th3dude

Hit what I would call my first 'epic' quest last night.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13906/they-grow-up-so-fast

Have to do a daily 20 times + get some other items to turn in for an epic mount. By the time I get it done, I'll be 60 and will learn flying, but it's so cool to see these 'harder' quests and ways to get cool collectible stuff.

Will definitely try to finish it and add the mount to my collection.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still can't figure out why there isn't a place in the bank where you can manage your inventory across all of your characters rather than doing this bullshit dance where you have to mail yourself crap across a million characters just to get all of your embercloth or whatever.

CAW

Aion has that. There is an account section in your bank where certain items could be placed and accessed across all your characters.

Angry Grimace

CAW said:
Aion has that. There is an account section in your bank where certain items could be placed and accessed across all your characters.
I don't even see why you'd have to place them in a special spot, I just want to know why you can't manage your inventory (which is already ostensibly freely transferable) across all of your characters while you're at the bank.

I'm not really seeing the potential for abuse; just don't allow it to be used for characters under Level 20 or on trial accounts.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I still can't figure out why there isn't a place in the bank where you can manage your inventory across all of your characters rather than doing this bullshit dance where you have to mail yourself crap across a million characters just to get all of your embercloth or whatever.
Ha, what's worse is I need an addon to search the inventory on the character I'm currently on and or other characters before deciding to go to the bank or log over.

Every addon that a lot of people rely on, they usually implement. Bagnon is long over due.

Jrmint said:
Guild finally got Lord R last night. Felt good and it was a really clean kill.

Beth next!

Grats! We finally got our heroic Rhyolith strategy settled down and got him to <2.5M 3 of our last 6 attempts last night. Hoping he goes down tonight, but one of our raiders is out today so we're trying to find a competent sub at the last minute.

Alex

Angry Grimace said:

Yes! I said this a few pages ago, it is fucking bullshit.

Even worse when it's cross faction. Oop, I want to send a few bags and some junk to my alt, better get a friend and list it on the neutral AH! Really, it's ridiculous design for 2011.

Make it expandable as a gold sink even, I don't care, just give me account wide storage!

Alucrid

Banned
DeathNote said:
BC heroic at 85, no.

You could turn off your experience off on a 70 alt and grind BC dungeons all day I guess. But there's 16 other heroics I believe and 4 other people to roll on the mount in the one instance you want. I'm not sure if the heroics still require rep on top of that.

I was talking about Cata content. Were they talking about BC to farm for mounts?

ch0mp

No one is using the dungeon finder to farm mounts. Thats just crazy. Low drop rate 1/5 chance after that. They are running BC/WoTLK heroics and cata normals.

Alucrid

Banned
ch0mp said:
No one is using the dungeon finder to farm mounts. Thats just crazy. Low drop rate 1/5 chance after that. They are running BC/WoTLK heroics and cata normals.

Wait, what? I'm confused. I was just saying that using the dungeon finder it's possible to get the same dungeon twice. I think.

ch0mp

Fairly sure you can random them again, but I've never run enough/all of the heroics on one day to find out. You just can't queue specifically for them or go through the entrance.

Tamanon

Banned
Remembering my days of way too many fucking times running HHoL in Wrath, the same heroic can definitely come up many times in a random.

RPGCrazied

Since I don't raid, I was trying to beef up some of my guys with BoE epics. My god some of the prices are ridiculous. specially the weapons. :(

22k for a stave. really?

Jrmint

If it drops from Firelands it's gonna cost a lot, especially if it's a weapon. There is a staff boe that drops from FL which is most likely what you're seeing.

If you're not raiding you don't need a weapon that high level. There is a plenty good epic that drops from the final boss in ZA or zg (forget which). It's called Legacy of Arlokk (or something like that).

Got Beth to 30% on our first night. Very simple fight, just a matter of perfecting it.

RPGCrazied

Jrmint said:
If it drops from Firelands it's gonna cost a lot, especially if it's a weapon. There is a staff boe that drops from FL which is most likely what you're seeing.

If you're not raiding you don't need a weapon that high level. There is a plenty good epic that drops from the final boss in ZA or zg (forget which). It's called Legacy of Arlokk (or something like that).

Got Beth to 30% on our first night. Very simple fight, just a matter of perfecting it.

Well, I'm not even in a guild. Isn't that 10-25man stuff?
I'd really like to upgrade my weapons, specially on my rogue that still using a blue weapon. Kinda hard doing FL dailies with a sucky weapon, lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
RPGCrazied said:
I'd really like to upgrade my weapons, specially on my rogue that still using a blue weapon. Kinda hard doing FL dailies with a sucky weapon, lol

There is weapons of 365 quality that blacksmiths can make. The only expensive part is the 8 truegolds required. So if you don't have lots of gold to buy them on the AH, you'll have to farm for the volatiles and pyrium ores with a miner. A herbalist + alchemist can also be pretty useful to transmute volatile life into water, fire or air, since volatile lifes are pretty easy to get compared to the others.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Since I don't raid, I was trying to beef up some of my guys with BoE epics. My god some of the prices are ridiculous. specially the weapons. :(

22k for a stave. really?
22k isn't much. It's 9 months into the expansion? If you made about 400g a day you'd have 100k right now and that's possible without any professions or auction house playing.

At that point, you'd main character would be raid ready and you'd be willing to drop 22k on it.

Now since that is a lot of money to you, and you're not raiding, there's no reason to buy raid epics.

LowParry

RPGCrazied said:

You're better off farming ZA/ZG. But becomes boring very very very very quickly.

Jrmint

Think he meant aren't those dungeons raids, and no they are 5 man heroics now.

And why aren't you in a guild. You are losing out on a ton of perks, pets, mounts and gear.

th3dude

Anyone have any PVP tips?

I joined my first battleground the other night and had a blast. I had no idea what I was doing, though.

Managed to get a lot of 'honorable kills', won the match and got like 150 honor points (is that what they are called?) for the match. Also gained half a level in XP from it (currently at 56).

So how do you guys PVP? Do I need to save these points and buy PVP gear to have? So I essentially need PVP gear and 'everything else' gear?

Also, the points say that they are limited at 4000. Is this just so we spend them? Does nothing cost more than that?

Just don't quite understand these points and how PVP gear works and what the difference is.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
sn1pes said:
Anyone have any PVP tips?

I joined my first battleground the other night and had a blast. I had no idea what I was doing, though.

Managed to get a lot of 'honorable kills', won the match and got like 150 honor points (is that what they are called?) for the match. Also gained half a level in XP from it (currently at 56).

So how do you guys PVP? Do I need to save these points and buy PVP gear to have? So I essentially need PVP gear and 'everything else' gear?

Also, the points say that they are limited at 4000. Is this just so we spend them? Does nothing cost more than that?

Just don't quite understand these points and how PVP gear works and what the difference is.

Nothing is worth over 4000 honor points of course, and the reason for the limit i think is so that no one can farm honor points in lower lvl battlegrounds just so they can buy all lvl 85 PVP gear once they hit that lvl.

And don't waste your honor points into low lvl PVP gear unless you actually reach 4000. They are not worth it since they become outdated quite fast with how quick people gain lvls. Just spend those points in stuff like trinkets that get rid of stuns/roots/freeze/sheep/whatever if you really need to spend those points. With 4k honor points at 85, you should be able to buy at least 2 or 3 PVP items.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
sn1pes said:
Tell me the big stat difference between these two armor sets.
The name of the 5 peice set on the left is Ruthless Gladiator's Desecration. And the one on the right is Elementium Deathplate Battlegear
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=70244:70245:70246:70247:70248;71058:71059:71060:71061:71062
Ruthless Gladiator's Desecration resilience rating is 1689. Elementium Deathplate Battlegear's resilience rating is 0.

What is resileince? In game press "C". Then click the arrow ">" on the bottom right. Then scroll down and find Defense. Then hover over resilience.

"Provides x% damage reduction against all damage done by players and their pets or minions.

At 85 we fill every slot with a piece of PVP gear and can get over 40% damage reduction from enemy players. Very useful in PVP. No use for resilience in dungeons.

sn1pes said:
Hit what I would call my first 'epic' quest last night.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13906/they-grow-up-so-fast

Have to do a daily 20 times + get some other items to turn in for an epic mount. By the time I get it done, I'll be 60 and will learn flying, but it's so cool to see these 'harder' quests and ways to get cool collectible stuff.

Will definitely try to finish it and add the mount to my collection.
Just so you know it hurts to read that knowing the pain of grinding Wintersaber at 60 in Vanilla. My how times change.

Alex

voidstorage.jpg

Void Storage and Transmogrifier - Patch 4.3 Teasing?
A teaser on the official Warcraft Facebook Page hints at two new types of NPCs coming in a future patch, most likely Patch 4.3: the Transmogrifier and Void Storage NPCs.

"Transmogrifier" seems to hint at a way to change the appearance of something, the first thing coming to my mind is either a way to change the look of your items (it was experimented in the past with things such as Darkspear Overcloak but dropped later). I guess it could also be a way to change facial/body features on characters.

The "Void Storage" is probably ... well, another kind of storage? Or a high-tech magic trash can.

Man please be something good... They seem like they're hyping this up on the forum/facebook.

Top Bottom