• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

zugzug

Aeris130 said:
That's just how it works. Check their 'dmg done' instead. Our guild has been plagued by shitty mage recruits that gets surprised when you tell them they're barely trailing above the tank, just because their dps is so high.

I never played a mage but I saw this happening a lot I always figured they were gemmed wrongly like to much +hit or some other stat was wonky. They top3 in DPS but damage done botton tier.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
As for the guy the other day who said my "10 mins DPS queue for heroics" was bullshit, here's proof :
1A3Js.jpg
I didn't say it, but it's bullshit for troll heroics.

Bisnic said:
Yeah, i tried playing arcane mage since some people said its the best, but i grew tired of spamming 1 spell, so i went back to frost. I'm no raider and frost is great DPS when i do heroics, beating almost everyone i see in pugs, and im not plagued with the "lol 20k dps with 1 spell" reputation arcane has.

As for the guy the other day who said my "10 mins DPS queue for heroics" was bullshit, here's proof :
1A3Js.jpg

you could be queuing for level 15-25 shadowfang keep for all we know with that pic.

zugzug

Bisnic said:
Yeah, i tried playing arcane mage since some people said its the best, but i grew tired of spamming 1 spell, so i went back to frost. I'm no raider and frost is great DPS when i do heroics, beating almost everyone i see in pugs, and im not plagued with the "lol 20k dps with 1 spell" reputation arcane has.

1A3Js.jpg

I'm the one who said it. I also find it really funny that you felt the need to post that I cannot stop laffing that you would post that. This clearly is a pattern of yours. Congrats you win. You can stop being a jerk now.

When 3/4ths of the rest of the world complain about long queue times. Congratz you win the world for having a less than one minute queue time and you were so fixated on being right that you had the presence of mind to screenshot it and crop the picture and post it on a third party website to prove your point. Have I said you win yet?

Really really stupid.

Acerac

Banned
No matter how long the queues are it is still better than BC.

"OK guys I'm at the stone, who else is coming?"

"Guys?"

"Anyone? :("

*Finally gets everyone summoned. Wipes on trash, group disbands*

zugzug said:
I'm the one who said it. I also find it really funny that you felt the need to post that I cannot stop laffing that you would post that. This clearly is a pattern of yours. Congrats you win. You can stop being a jerk now.

When 3/4ths of the rest of the world complain about long queue times. Congratz you win the world for having a less than one minute queue time and you were so fixated on being right that you had the presence of mind to screenshot it and crop the picture and post it on a third party website to prove your point. Have I said you win yet?

Really really stupid.

Roll a healer/tank! Want to dps in raids? That is why dual spec was introduced!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
zugzug said:

Really really stupid.

Geez, did i hit sensible spot or something? Calm the fuck down, its just a freaking pic of a dps queue, why are you acting like this? Get some sleep, you need it.

You say i'm a jerk... when you're making posts like this, it's a bit ironic.

zugzug

I apologize and to alleviate some of the problem I have now ignored said person.
I must remember Neogaf member etiquette.
I must not fall for obvious posts.

Alucrid

Banned
Acerac said:

"Guys?"

I always get jealous when people take stuff for off sets. I want lewts for my off sets.

ShadyMilkman said:
why do a heroic in a non-guild group?

why subject yourselves to the pain of PuGs

They really aren't that bad, on the whole they are perfectly fine and fast. If you get bad group, it's a bad group - leave.

I'd say 80% or more of my groups are fantastic and a big bunch of them actually come close to timed run, but usually fall 3-5 minutes too short. My experience with PUGs are actually good, and I do a TON of them.

If you're good enough you can carry a group no matter your role, a great healer can keep a whole team up even with bad pulls, a great tank can fix a situation really easily and great DPS can carry the group even if the other two are super weak.

I just treat each PUG like a raid, I do my best. Makes it smooth.

Aeris130 said:
That's just how it works. Check their 'dmg done' instead. Our guild has been plagued by shitty mage recruits that gets surprised when you tell them they're barely trailing above the tank, just because their dps is so high.

Arcane mage DPS inflation doesn't seem as bad now as it did in Wrath. Look at a legacy parse from Twin Valks or something if you can find one, you'll see an arcane mage doing the same damage as a hunter but having higher dps because of lower activity % do to no DOTs and no autoattack.

I think the inflation now is mostly because arcane mage DPS is so spikey. And anyone that thinks arcane is about spamming one spell is probably doing poor DPS. (Or equipping Shard of Woe........)

Also arcane is amazing for trash in heroics because there's so little ramp up to do decent damage. With fire I have a global to apply dots and a 2.5s cast before I can do anything. Maybe if I get a proc I can spread dots to some other mobs or something, but in a good group everything is pretty much dead before I get to do much. Frost is somewhere in between.

It's hilarious to group as a retri paladin. I can cover for everyone, as people tend to disconnect or just leave or be kicked or whatever. I can also usually save a situation where the tank or healer died, unless it's a really bad pull.

So I'll just post in here rather than in the main thread for "The Raid". Documentary was decent and fairly entertaining to watch, but I was disappointed based on what I thought it was going to be from the early hype.

Alex

Also arcane is amazing for trash in heroics because there's so little ramp up to do decent damage

Personally, I don't really like playing Arcane in a heroic because of all of the drinking and the limited AoE, myself, though i'm actually OK with the point blank Arcane Explosion, I just wish the buff for it didn't need to be refreshed so much. It's just a small nuisance. Arcane is such an incredible boss killer spec though and I like the idea of it but I wish it wasn't quite so pigeonholed. Kind of like how Fire is pigeonholed as an AoE spec.

I'm comparing to other classes though, not other Mage specs.

I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm tryin' to min/max heroic DPS here, which is pretttyyy useless, but to me the fun of a DPS is always preforming your best. Competition always breeds success, something I wish more of the DPS of our raid guild had exercised, as there were two of us near topping our specs rankings at WOL every other fight and the rest not even registering.

Alucrid

Banned
That reminds me, I hate that I, as a shadow priest, have no AoE til like 70s. I just dot everyone with SWP and call it a day lol.

Bisnic

Speaking of mages, im surprised to see so litte frost mages in heroics when im healing on my paladin. My mage is doing 20k+ DPS against bosses as frost in heroics, and it has a much more fun spell "rotation" than arcane (imo), which i see everywhere.

People are just taking the easiest way for DPS, or they still have the mindset that Frost = PVP only. =/

Alex said:
Personally, I don't really like playing Arcane in a heroic because of all of the drinking and the limited AoE, myself, though i'm actually OK with the point blank Arcane Explosion, I just wish the buff for it didn't need to be refreshed so much. It's just a small nuisance. Arcane is such an incredible boss killer spec though and I like the idea of it but I wish it wasn't quite so pigeonholed. Kind of like how Fire is pigeonholed as an AoE spec.

I'm comparing to other classes though, not other Mage specs.

I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm tryin' to min/max heroic DPS here, which is pretttyyy useless, but to me the fun of a DPS is always preforming your best. Competition always breeds success, something I wish more of the DPS of our raid guild had exercised, as there were two of us near topping our specs rankings at WOL every other fight and the rest not even registering.

I never really got why people think Arcane is such a horrid AOE spec. It seems competitive to me with 2 points in Arcane Explosion. There's no ridiculous dot spreading like Fire, but Fire's AOE takes a lot of globals to setup and is highly proc based. I can do consistent 30k AOE dps on things like heroic Rhyolith and I usually top meters on the spider boss too because of AOE. Seems comparable to warlock AOE, at least in my raid group (and our warlock is no slouch).

Speaking of mages, im surprised to see so litte frost mages in heroics when im healing on my paladin. My mage is doing 20k+ DPS against bosses as frost in heroics, and it has a much more fun spell "rotation" than arcane (imo), which i see everywhere.

People are just taking the easiest way for DPS, or they still have the mindset that Frost = PVP only. =/

Just because it's a poor PVE spec compared to the other two specs. Frost is really hectic to play which makes it a bit more interesting than the other two specs in a few ways, but it just doesn't keep up in PVE with the same gear. Heroic fights probably aren't long enough to matter so there's of course no problem with heroicing as frost, especially as it's more fun for you.

For mage specs I'd say Arcane is the hardest to play well, Fire is the most gear dependent, and Frost is the most dynamic.

Bisnic

wonderdung said:
Just because it's a poor PVE spec compared to the other two specs. Frost is really hectic to play which makes it a bit more interesting than the other two specs in a few ways, but it just doesn't keep up in PVE with the same gear. Heroic fights probably aren't long enough to matter so there's of course no problem with heroicing as frost, especially as it's more fun for you.

For mage specs I'd say Arcane is the hardest to play well, Fire is the most gear dependent, and Frost is the most dynamic.

Right, i gave up on raids since i dont have time for this, so Frost is just as good, if not better than other specs since it doesnt rely on dots and have lots of instant spells with a high crit chance. Which is perfect on mobs that don't have raid health. I tried fire and arcane for heroics, and there is little difference.

Beside, i'm sure the tank likes it when i use Deep Freeze on that one trash monster going after ranged. Or the healer with Ice Barrier.

RPGCrazied

Firelands, while cool, is getting old fast. I was looking at some of the rewards only to find out, after you turn in both 150 marks you so aren't over. It seems like a few more quest NPCS ask for 125, I thought I saw like 4 or 5 of them. 5 more times of this? Ugh please tell me a lot more dailies pop up.

Dunlop

Acerac said:

"Guys?"

you guys are spoiled, back in vanilla we had to all actually go to the instance, summoning stones made you all lazy :p

Bisnic

RPGCrazied said:
Firelands, while cool, is getting old fast. I was looking at some of the rewards only to find out, after you turn in both 150 marks you so aren't over. It seems like a few more quest NPCS ask for 125, I thought I saw like 4 or 5 of them. 5 more times of this? Ugh please tell me a lot more dailies pop up.

You get a few more dailies the more you advance, those 125 marks quests only takes 5 days to complete usually.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Dunlop said:
you guys are spoiled, back in vanilla we had to all actually go to the instance, summoning stones made you all lazy :p

"Do you have a lock?"
"No."
"Then no thanks"

Fucking hated that.

I'm a WarCraft lore nerd but I no longer play WoW. Now that Firelands has been completely explored is there anything in there to indicate what Ragnaros and more importantly Deathwing are up to? Or is their plan literally to just make the world burn?

ToyMachine228 said:
I'm a WarCraft lore nerd but I no longer play WoW. Now that Firelands has been completely explored is there anything in there to indicate what Ragnaros and more importantly Deathwing are up to? Or is their plan literally to just make the world burn?

Or in the new questing zone as well?

Bisnic

ToyMachine228 said:

Warcraft lore these days is very simple and straight forward. The bad guys want to destroy Azeroth and Horde & Alliance are there to save the day with some special factions there to help.

As far as i know, Deathwing has been hiding since december, lorewise. Which is ridiculous, i mean he's the main bad guy of the expansion, and the last time we saw him was in some questline in Twilight Highlands that has been there since release.

Bisnic said:
As far as i know, Deathwing has been hiding since december, lorewise. Which is ridiculous, i mean he's the main bad guy of the expansion, and the last time we saw him was in some questline in Twilight Highlands that has been there since release.

That's what I mean. In Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas was present everywhere. In Cataclysm all Deathwing has done is fly around and set shit on fire. There's no method to it whatsoever. At least Arthas' goals made sense. He's the Lich King...He wants the Undead to scourge Azeroth because that's what the Lich King does. But in Cataclysm, Deathwing flies out from underground, the whole world changes for some reason and he does...Nothing? Sets some trees and grass on fire at random times? I mean for real, what the fuck.

RPGCrazied

Freyjadour said:
I'm sure 4.3 will be some rehashed raid/5-man with apologies that 4.4 won't be out for another 4 months.

I only play WoW to kill the loads of free time I have. Might switch to KOTOR, but I have a lot of toons on WoW.

Freyjadour said:
I'm sure 4.3 will be some rehashed raid/5-man with apologies that 4.4 won't be out for another 4 months.

Judging from what Blizzard recently said during the Activision Blizzard conference call, 4.3 will be out this year. And judging from other stuff they've said in the past, it will be a War of the Ancients raid. Via the Caverns of Time I suppose. And then if they intend to hold true to that leaked release cycle thing, they'll have to get 4.4 out the door in the first half of 2012 to get it in without running into the next expansion. And obviously it would have to be the Deathwing raid.

I personally think it's more likely that the next expansion won't hit until the Holiday season of 2012 not somewhere in 2012 as their leaked release list cited.

Negator

Would anyone care to see my guild's alt raid do some firelands bosses? I recorded some fights tonight. You also get to see me fuck up my rotation and miss some interrupts!

Alucrid

Banned
Negator said:
Would anyone care to see my guild's alt raid do some firelands bosses? I recorded some fights tonight. You also get to see me fuck up my rotation and miss some interrupts!

Beth/Baleroc/Lord Ry if you did em. I'm in another guilds alt run (how I got there I dunno) and we're going for them next.

Negator

Alucrid said:
Beth/Baleroc/Lord Ry if you did em. I'm in another guilds alt run (how I got there I dunno) and we're going for them next.

It's going to be from my point of view as a rogue.

I only managed to record Alysrazor, Baleroc, and a failed Staghelm attempt.

Alucrid

Banned
Negator said:
It's going to be from my point of view as a rogue.

I only managed to record Alysrazor, Baleroc, and a failed Staghelm attempt.

Good enough, if I'm going to watch some FL vids might as well be from a gaffer.

Top Bottom