• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

idlewild_

YakiSOBA said:
Just turned 57 today, can't wait to hit 58 and experience TBC, WotLK, and beyond content for the first time :)

I'd recommend staying in blasted lands until 60 before going to outlands. hellfire (first zone in outlands, though this holds true for all the zones out there) is pretty boring and outdated. the blasted lands quest lines are much much better imo. also, once you do go to outlands, don't forget to look up ;)

idlewild_ said:
I'd recommend staying in blasted lands until 60 before going to outlands. hellfire (first zone in outlands, though this holds true for all the zones out there) is pretty boring and outdated. the blasted lands quest lines are much much better imo. also, once you do go to outlands, don't forget to look up ;)

The biggest problem with Hellfire Peninsula is that the respawn rates are horrific and the mobs are very tightly packed. Burning Crusade only had one entrance so Blizzard had to do it this way, and they've never toned it down.

It should be a lot more forgiving with the functional gear you get from Cataclysm and going in at level 60.

Once you clear that zone the rest of the expansion is much better.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
CJS5T.png

Second transmog Paladin set.

I got the idea for the base set from another forum (it's Furious Paladin PvP gear), but the offset pieces they had used (while matching better) were exceedingly difficult to obtain, so I substituted Heroic 25m plate gear for just base Redsteel crafting gear. The helm is the horseman's helm, which I don't actually have on my Paladin, so that only works if he manages to get one (which in all likelihood he won't).
Found these on a dorum for a green theme. I guess the first 2h is a monsters. The shoulders are Wardancer.
capturedkr.png

4qmt1z.png

TGMIII

Quick guestion guys, If I transfer a character from one realm to another does it bring over all of my items/gold from my backpacks and bank or do I just get the character?

Nvm found out.

markot

Banned
awwyeahgurrl said:
Quick guestion guys, If I transfer a character from one realm to another does it bring over all of my items/gold from my backpacks and bank or do I just get the character?
Everything except guild bank related stuff.

Nothing in the mail though! Or on the AH.

Dexa

Banned
did the prices for monthly subs drop?
i did not follow the whole wow world, but i stumbled upon an ebay offering for 180 days 35€. the seller is only selling those cards (beginning at the start of this year) with all positive feedback.

that price sounds kind of too good to be true :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
awwyeahgurrl said:

Nvm found out.
Take everything out of the auction house and mailbox.

You can only transfer 50k gold.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Dexa said:
i did not follow the whole wow world, but i stumbled upon an ebay offering for 180 days 35€. the seller is only selling those cards (beginning at the start of this year) with all positive feedback.

180 days is EUR 65,94 / £46.14 on the eu.blizzard.com

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dexa said:

The monthly sub is still the same as when the game started, if he is selling 6 months of game time for such a low price, he probably didn't even pay for those cards.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Found these on a dorum for a green theme. I guess the first 2h is a monsters. The shoulders are Wardancer.
capturedkr.png

4qmt1z.png
I think the belt, boots and shoulders from Karazhan (red Bold set) are a good substitute too. You kind of have to find an off-color for that set since the glowy green set isn't a typical plate look. I'm tending to see a lot of red and purple as contrasting colors, so I've kind of run with that.

I started out looking for full Green, the greens ended up looking weird together.

Hmm odd, I haven't played WoW in 9months but my battle.net account has just been locked due to suspicious activity. I did log into it like 2 weeks ago to make sure I was opted in for the Diablo III beta.

I wonder whats up.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
If you beg a GM they will restore virtually anything

Well they did restore the ZG 2h mace that i forgot to loot the other day after i won the roll, but can they really restore quest rewards that you might have not even choose back in the day?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Well they did restore the ZG 2h mace that i forgot to loot the other day after i won the roll, but can they really restore quest rewards that you might have not even choose back in the day?
Yes

Bisnic

Are they gonna reuse the human model of Deathwing in 4.3? Because the only time i saw it was during that funny quest in Badlands where you punch him in the face as a dwarf. Why would they bother making such a model for a single low lvl quest is beyond me.

So it would appear somehow someone got into my account, no idea what they've done. Haven't been active in 9months... but they activated a 30 day game code...

Will reinstall WoW later and see lol.

I would really like to know how they got in though.

MrPing1000 said:
So it would appear somehow someone got into my account, no idea what they've done. Haven't been active in 9months... but they activated a 30 day game code...

Will reinstall WoW later and see lol.
Don't play the account. Blizzard will lock your account later and make you pay the $15. Call them up and and get them to remove it.

HarryDemeanor said:
Don't play the account. Blizzard will lock your account later and make you pay the $15. Call them up and and get them to remove it.

How can they make me pay when it was a game code? There are no credit card details in my account.

I'll send them a support ticket.

had a look on wow-europe, and they made a character called Ashni on the Bloodhoof server. Don't think they logged in any of my actual characters (on another server) as all their profiles aren't loading.

MrPing1000 said:
How can they make me pay when it was a game code? There are no credit card details in my account.

I'll send them a support ticket.

had a look on wow-europe, and they made a character called Ashni on the Bloodhoof server. Don't think they logged in any of my actual characters (on another server) as all their profiles aren't loading.
I know but you might as well contact them.

Alex

Had a friend get hacked once during a six-ish month hiatus. Came back and his broke characters suddenly had about 70k gold between them. No idea what happened or why but that must have been nice!

I always had a hard time making gold in WoW. It's really tedious and can also be very conflicting to farm the traditional method in Cataclysm, not a lot of short cuts unless something new popped up.

Only way I ever make money is from being present at the start of an expansion, people will pay out the ear for mats the first month or so.

Angry Grimace

Blizzard said:
Yeah, we need to offer a lot of different kinds of content so that non-raiders still have things to do, or even for raiders to do on off nights. The Molten Front dailies were really popular for several weeks, but like all content, players eventually move on. We hope the DMF and even Transmog will provide some non-raid focused activities in 4.3, but beyond that we have plans to do a lot more. And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like :D and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I really want to believe they're referring to content that will be added into THIS expansion, and not "cool stuff" that will be added to the game in WoW expansion 4, but my gut feeling is they mean stuff that will be added to the game in WoW expansion 4.

Rokal

They're trying to finish off this expansion as quickly as possible, and they're re-using a lot of art assets and such to get it done. 4.1 included ZA/ZG remakes, of which ZA was barely changed. 4.2 had a small raid and a daily quest hub that used the same art assets. 4.3 will be another small raid that takes place in a zone we've already been to (with some changes made to its appearance I'm sure) and 3 dungeons that also take place in pre-existing areas of the game.

It makes the expansion feel kind of cheap, but my hope is that they've poured all that energy into the next expansion and it'll really be substantial. Like cutting out 2 raids from this expansion is maybe okay if they really have an enormous amount of content in Mists. They clearly realize they screwed up with this expansion, so my hunch is that they decided to cut their losses and invest in the next one early. I guess we'll see when Blizzcon rolls around next week.

Angry Grimace

Rokal said:
They're trying to finish off this expansion as quickly as possible, and they're re-using a lot of art assets and such to get it done. 4.1 included ZA/ZG remakes, of which ZA was barely changed. 4.2 had a small raid and a daily quest hub that used the same art assets. 4.3 will be another small raid that takes place in a zone we've already been to (with some changes made to its appearance I'm sure) and 3 dungeons that also take place in pre-existing areas of the game.

It makes the expansion feel kind of cheap, but my hope is that they've poured all that energy into the next expansion and it'll really be substantial. Like cutting out 2 raids from this expansion is maybe okay if they really have an enormous amount of content in Mists. They clearly realize they screwed up with this expansion, so my hunch is that they decided to cut their losses and invest in the next one early. I guess we'll see when Blizzcon rolls around next week.
I seem to recall they stated AQ20 was coming back in some form and then it never got mentioned again. I feel almost certain you will see Karazhan be reused at some point in some form.

I don't have any insight as to why they drastically cut down content beyond the claim they spent all their time on redesigning the old world. Which is fine and all, except that it's just a terrible move because all that content is stuff most people won't be doing much and even if they do, it's too easy to just blow through it without reading the quest text or anything.

What we need in the next expansion is:

1) a new continent/world. The whole thing where they grafted some new zones on top of the existing world really just didn't work. It felt like you were in those zones for a short period of time, and then spent all your time in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, which you could already do in the base game. It just didn't feel like an expansion and there really was no particular connection between any of these zones.

2) The new quest model kind of sucks. The problem with it is that you essentially have to do every quest in a zone in a fairly locked in order. What this ends up meaning is that it ends up feeling a lot like any other single player game, but retaining all the grinding aspects you didn't like.

3) Full-sized raids. I don't care if the first 4 bosses are Flame Leviathan easy, but you can't pull out this shit where you act like hard mode doubles the boss number. It doesn't, and more people seemed pissed off that raids were short than people seemed happy that they didn't have to raid so much, from my experience.

4) New class. Goblins and Worgen added nothing to the game but a new character model since all the classes you played with them were the same ones you already had access to. I get that PvP makes them hard to balance, but Blizzard just should deal with it.

There's a lot of other problems in Cataclysm, but those seemed like the most glaring to me. It just wasn't as good of an expansion as either of the first two packs.

Rokam

Angry Grimace said:
2) The new quest model kind of sucks. The problem with it is that you essentially have to do every quest in a zone in a fairly locked in order. What this ends up meaning is that it ends up feeling a lot like any other single player game, but retaining all the grinding aspects you didn't like.

Not to mention that even without heirlooms you outlevel the zone so fast that a majority of the quests go to waste. And if you have a gathering profession just quit the zone as soon as you can move to the next one.

Angry Grimace

Rokam said:
Not to mention that even without heirlooms you outlevel the zone so fast that a majority of the quests go to waste. And if you have a gathering profession just quit the zone as soon as you can move to the next one.
Well what I think sucks about it is that in older quests, even WLK and TBC quests, if you really didn't like some quest, you never HAD to do it. That's not true in Cataclysm. If there's some quest that calls for 30 bear asses that never drop, you're grinding out asses or doing a different zone because the rest of the quest chain will never appear otherwise.

ampere

Angry Grimace said:
What we need in the next expansion is:

1) a new continent/world. The whole thing where they grafted some new zones on top of the existing world really just didn't work. It felt like you were in those zones for a short period of time, and then spent all your time in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, which you could already do in the base game. It just didn't feel like an expansion and there really was no particular connection between any of these zones.
This is my biggest hope, and the thing I missed the most about Cataclysm.

I want a new continent, and a big sanctuary city where I can /fart at horde players :)

Sai-kun

Banned
What kind of bow do you guys think I should get for mogging?

Wait, bow's can be mogged too, right?

I should go farm for thori'dal. *fap*

Angry Grimace

Sai-kun said:
What kind of bow do you guys think I should get for mogging?

Wait, bow's can be mogged too, right?

I should go farm for thori'dal. *fap*
Legendaries can't be transmogged in any way to or from. Bows are different though in that they can be transmogged from the other ranged weapons, etc., mostly because of gun noise bothering people.

But Thoridal's model isn't particularly better than any other TBC raid bow, either.

We have finished our investigation and we found no evidence that your account is compromised. We have verified that there wasn't any 3rd party access to your account. We have checked your characters and there are no missing items or gold loss.

So someone got into my account, added a 30 day time code, made a level 1 char and didn't have time to do anything else before it got locked. Interesting lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
So someone got into my account, added a 30 day time code, made a level 1 char and didn't have time to do anything else before it got locked. Interesting lol.
Maybe they spammed for gold selling? Or did gold selling transactions.

Angry Grimace

MrPing1000 said:
The new system they have in place tends to lock your account almost instantly after a log-in from a "bad" IP. The problem is, that it's actually somewhat difficult to get the game to allow you to log in from unfamiliar IPs when you actually want to.

DeathNote said:
Iunno, but I got this on my DK farming for a weapon:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=29949
pretty baller animation

I hate gun sounds too, but, yeah.

Too bad mage is the steam punk.
I went through Karazhan to get Gorehowl. Let's just say that soloing the chess event fucking sucks and I'm glad I pulled it out the first time.

Sai-kun

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Legendaries can't be transmogged in any way to or from. Bows are different though in that they can be transmogged from the other ranged weapons, etc., mostly because of gun noise bothering people.

But Thoridal's model isn't particularly better than any other TBC raid bow, either.

Booooo. I actually don't know what any of the other bows look like (Didn't raid in BC), I suppose I should go check it out.

TheYanger

Sai-kun said:
Booooo. I actually don't know what any of the other bows look like (Didn't raid in BC), I suppose I should go check it out.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=34196#. is most similar to the legendary without being one.
Lots of great looking weapons for hunters from bc though
http://www.wowhead.com/item=32336#. is a favorite
http://www.wowhead.com/item=30906#. as well

Those 3 pretty much represent the cool raiding bows imo, I'm sure there are a few from like T5 zones or something but yeah.

Rokal

There are a ton of awesome looking bows in the game, and not just exclusive to raids. It always seemed a little silly to me how much effort they put into making so many awesome ranged weapons when only one class actually sees them regularly. Try checking out the bow models using mogit.

Angry Grimace

TheYanger said:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=34196#. is most similar to the legendary without being one.

Those 3 pretty much represent the cool raiding bows imo, I'm sure there are a few from like T5 zones or something but yeah.
Vashj has a relatively boring snake bow, and Kael Malchezaar has a pheonix-themed bow, but there are quite a few Pheonix themed bows. The ones you just posted are the best ones and I think thematically similar to what you'd get with Thori'dal minus the "ooh legendary factor."

Speaking of legendaries, I was thinking that it would be kind of neat if the long-form quest items were artifact quality rather than legendary and all the raid end bosses had a legendary or two that are somewhat better than epics/had a special effect, but not game changing the way current legendaries are.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
im going to be using Black Bow of the Betrayer at least until i get sick of it.

i may trade it out for other BC bows that i find. maybe the occasional WOTLK gun like the black one from Ulduar

Sai-kun

Banned
TheYanger said:

Damn, thanks for the links and advice, guys. I LOVE that Quel'Thalas bow. I guess it's time to put together a little SWP group!

Edit: I really want Avalanche, too. I'm a sucker for blue things :lol

I got this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=30733

From Kazzak a really long time ago, and I kept it around without ever equipping it. Hope to use it for myself, or sell it for an insane amount during 4.3. There is a same model that comes from Karazhan, but I think the convenience of being able to simply buy such a cool weapon will make up for that if I do sell it.

Angry Grimace

I just took an alt through Borean Tundra and remembered about the fact there's a fat guy there, who's the only fat guy I remember in all of WoW :lol

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
I just took an alt through Borean Tundra and remembered about the fact there's a fat guy there, who's the only fat guy I remember in all of WoW :lol

Aren't those farmers just using some alpha/beta Wow vanilla models? You can also see them in Southshore inside the Old Hillsbrad instance and some other old models too.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Syphon Filter said:
Is the starter pack suppose to take so long to download? i been here forever and it's 10 gigs,portal 2 is 11 gigs and never took me this long.

you're pretty much downloading the whole game. nobody has a different version of it, they just unlock it depending on what their account has access to.

if i logged into the game on your computer, i'd be able to do anything in the game i would on mine, essentially.

its also P2P as far as i know.

Top Bottom