• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is anyone else's addons screwing with focusing a target? I keep getting errors, been like that for a while. Sucks for instances when i try to focus the tank.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
Is anyone else's addons screwing with focusing a target? I keep getting errors, been like that for a while. Sucks for instances when i try to focus the tank.
Don't know which one.
/focus seems to work

Seems like after I try to set myself as the focus and succeed that I don't have problems the rest of the time in the instance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Aren't those farmers just using some alpha/beta Wow vanilla models? You can also see them in Southshore inside the Old Hillsbrad instance and some other old models too.
They're alpha models that they took out because they had more polygons than they wanted to use in the game models, so consequently, they have totally unfinished animations. The only other fat guy in the game is Mayor Quimby in the DK starter zone.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
The fire mage buffs are good, but like someone said. The Hot Streak RNG is the #1 problem with the spec. The whole way Hot Streak works needs to be re-thought. Maybe something like Fingers of Frost with less damage.

Dunno.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mr Pockets said:
The fire mage buffs are good, but like someone said. The Hot Streak RNG is the #1 problem with the spec. The whole way Hot Streak works needs to be re-thought. Maybe something like Fingers of Frost with less damage.

Dunno.
It actually does work that way, but it never seems to actually proc in the way it's supposed to. The problem is being so reliant on crit means it's going scale wonky.

Rokal

Bisnic said:

I got this constantly. Eventually I switched to just manually typing /focus (after you target your focus). No more errors.

Sai-kun

Banned
Oh my god, I just spent like 3 hours in MogIt picking out things I like :lol Oh lord, I'm gonna have to do so many dungeons. And a lot of stuff comes from SWP, too. Damn!

How long are the Molten Front dailies supposed to take? I think I'm on stage 2 and it only gives me 10-11 marks a day, so I've got a full week before I unlock another part (at 81 now).

Also, what is DPS supposed to look like these days? I just ran a bunch of troll heroics and I'm doing ~16k-19k on average overall. This is in a mix of 359 gear and a few blues.

Bisnic

CarbonatedFalcon said:
How long are the Molten Front dailies supposed to take? I think I'm on stage 2 and it only gives me 10-11 marks a day, so I've got a full week before I unlock another part (at 81 now).

Also, what is DPS supposed to look like these days? I just ran a bunch of troll heroics and I'm doing ~16k-19k on average overall. This is in a mix of 359 gear and a few blues.

16K-19K is great. The average DPS pug in troll heroics can't even go above 15k.

As for Molten Front dailies, you should get 14 marks everyday before you unlock the new quests from the treants and wardens. Once you unlock one of them, you should get well above 20 a day, something like 24 or 25. Are you missing the quests that you get in west Hyjal near that statue?

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:

As for Molten Front dailies, you should get 14 marks everyday before you unlock the new quests from the treants and wardens. Once you unlock one of them, you should get well above 20 a day, something like 24 or 25. Are you missing the quests that you get in west Hyjal near that statue?
That's dependent on class and gear of course. If you're a DK, you're probably going to do 16K if you're competent regardless of gear.

th3dude

I'm starting to feel the grind between 70 and 85. I'm at 74 now, what's the best way to level for me? Dungeons? Quests? If so, suggestions on where?

TheYanger

sn1pes said:
I'm starting to feel the grind between 70 and 85. I'm at 74 now, what's the best way to level for me? Dungeons? Quests? If so, suggestions on where?

Questing is unquestionably faster, but you'll also eventually get quests for the dungeons, doing them once when you have those is efficient. That said...questing can be tedious, just as dungeon grinding can be. The 'best' way to level is the one that keeps you interested the most, and that may mean breaking up the monotony by doing something else either way.

sn1pes said:

Do quests for a while, then run a dungeon to break the monotony. Go to Grizzly Hills and avoid Sholazar.

Don't step a foot in to Icecrown, either. That zone has the worst fucking quests in the history of quests. A plague upon Icecrown.

Bisnic said:

Maybe I need to double-check and see if I missed something, but it does only feel like I'm getting 10-11 or so marks. I'll have to count specifically next time I do them.

TheYanger

Super bored today, if anyone needs a tank or dps for some heroics (and is horde and US) can real id me, my username at gmail dot com.

Number45

sn1pes said:
Are you DPS? If so I'd just hit the queues while questing, that way you get a good mix of both. If you're a tank/healer just quest for a while and then hit the queue when you fancy a break from it.

Just ordered a new time card. Been away for a while, but my wife's watching so much shit TV at the moment that I'm getting bored just browsing the 'net. :p

TheYanger said:
Super bored today, if anyone needs a tank or dps for some heroics (and is horde and US) can real id me, my username at gmail dot com.
Woah, are cross realm invites up and running now?

Angry Grimace

TheYanger said:
Questing is unquestionably faster, but you'll also eventually get quests for the dungeons, doing them once when you have those is efficient. That said...questing can be tedious, just as dungeon grinding can be. The 'best' way to level is the one that keeps you interested the most, and that may mean breaking up the monotony by doing something else either way.
Moving to new zones usually helps, since it can get tedious being in the same zone doing the same type of quests.

Number45 said:
Are you DPS? If so I'd just hit the queues while questing, that way you get a good mix of both. If you're a tank/healer just quest for a while and then hit the queue when you fancy a break from it.

Just ordered a new time card. Been away for a while, but my wife's watching so much shit TV at the moment that I'm getting bored just browsing the 'net. :p

Woah, are cross realm invites up and running now?
They've been up for a while now.

Sai-kun

Banned
I kinda wish you could have a separate ID that didn't give away your real name. That way we could all add each other here, if we wanted. I don't have a problem with people knowing my real name or anything, but I figure some people here might.

TheYanger

Sai-kun said:
I kinda wish you could have a separate ID that didn't give away your real name. That way we could all add each other here, if we wanted. I don't have a problem with people knowing my real name or anything, but I figure some people here might.

Believe me, I do too. I take my privacy seriously to an extent and I know a lot of people who do moreso than me even. The friend of friend feature is the most absurd, thankfully you can opt out of that (I have). And to answer earlier, cross-realm invites have been in for quite a while. You can queue 5 mans or even zone into them (can powerlevel cross realm alts that way in instances) but that's about it.

sn1pes said:

Variety is key. Do a random battleground too - you get 150k for a win, which sometimes can come in 5 minutes. But more like 10-15 minutes. The fastest way is definitely doing dungeon quests. Grab them all and then head to the LFG.

McNei1y

Resubbed after 2 months of no play. My roommate and I are deciding to reroll and mess around on new guys but on an Alliance PVP server. Anyone have any recommendations for a server with alliance that has a decent economy/pvp base?

TheYanger

McNei1y said:
Resubbed after 2 months of no play. My roommate and I are deciding to reroll and mess around on new guys but on an Alliance PVP server. Anyone have any recommendations for a server with alliance that has a decent economy/pvp base?

Frostmourne is pvp and almost 1:1 and according to wowprogress the second best server pve wise, so it's probably got a great economy (population is high too, which if you want an 'even' server is important for economy).

McNei1y

TheYanger said:
Frostmourne is pvp and almost 1:1 and according to wowprogress the second best server pve wise, so it's probably got a great economy (population is high too, which if you want an 'even' server is important for economy).

Thanks for the recommendation man! Will take a look after The Walking Dead.

TheYanger

McNei1y said:
Thanks for the recommendation man! Will take a look after The Walking Dead.
http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us Is all I looked at, I won't make any guarantees as I've never played on it, but having been on all sorts of servers (Best server in the world in vanilla, then a dead one, then Mal'ganis, now a dead one again) the economy and population have a HUGE impact in how enjoyable the game can be. You don't realize how much you miss bein g able to do anything you want, anytime you want, until you can't do it.

Angry Grimace

Is there a good add on that will save my action bars for more than two specs and doesn't require more than 5 minutes to figure out?

Rambaldi

I know it's not really a big deal anymore but my super casual guild FINALLY got to kill Alysrazor last night. I really enjoyed the flying part as my fire mage. :D

I haven't even stepped foot in Firelands, though I haven't exactly been trying - I don't have enough time to get wrapped up in raiding at the moment, so I'm just focusing on a few other activities - mostly economic.

That and after not playing so long, it's still taking awhile to get from a theoretical mindset to a more practical one with all the smaller upkeep things that you otherwise forget about. I'm still somewhat fighting my UI - it's usable, but not what I want. Breaking in down and starting from scratch again would take at least a few hours though, and that's a lot of time to invest. Especially to do all the keybinds for different characters. I was starting to map things out on my mage, but haven't gotten back to it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
I haven't even stepped foot in Firelands, though I haven't exactly been trying - I don't have enough time to get wrapped up in raiding at the moment, so I'm just focusing on a few other activities - mostly economic.

That and after not playing so long, it's still taking awhile to get from a theoretical mindset to a more practical one with all the smaller upkeep things that you otherwise forget about. I'm still somewhat fighting my UI - it's usable, but not what I want. Breaking in down and starting from scratch again would take at least a few hours though, and that's a lot of time to invest. Especially to do all the keybinds for different characters. I was starting to map things out on my mage, but haven't gotten back to it.
You can disable the mods on the other characters until you get a chance to configure for them.

I'm rolling with the defualt UI on many 85's and all low level alts.

The main part of my main UI is just recount, CLC DK, bartender 4, and tidyplates.

I use the default raid,party,minimap,chat UI. One more raid frame bug as a DPS and things might change.

So, in my opinion, the hardest part is deciding on a keybinding and icon map. The most important mod to configure, Bartender 4 if you use it, would be quick to set up and get rolling after.

Miletius

cartoon_soldier said:
So I had left after leveling to 85 and doing some raiding. If I come back right now, how would one go about getting gear to get Firelands ready?

Running heroics for valor, troll instances for gear and doing the Molten Front daily quests should be enough for you to get enough gear for you to start Firelands.

Angry Grimace

Miletius said:
Running heroics for valor, troll instances for gear and doing the Molten Front daily quests should be enough for you to get enough gear for you to start Firelands.
You could always just hit up a T11 pug. They're super easy in pretty much any reasonable gear level.

Kaper

Angry Grimace said:
You could always just hit up a T11 pug. They're super easy in pretty much any reasonable gear level.

So is Firelands, lol. I went 6/7 heroic the first night I started playing again on my holy paladin who was still using 3 blues. The nerfs have really hit FL hard.

Kaper said:
So is Firelands, lol. I went 6/7 heroic the first night I started playing again on my holy paladin who was still using 3 blues. The nerfs have really hit FL hard.

You were probably being carried.

Angry Grimace

Kaper said:
I don't believe you.

TheYanger

What's not to believe? I've already posted before about our alt group going 6/7H our first night at bat with people in greens and blues (As in, over half the raid). You don't have to be 'carried' when the zone is easier than T11 heroics at this point, cause we did that shit in greens and blues too back in january and last december, hate to break it to you.

Rokal

TheYanger said:
You don't have to be 'carried' when the zone is easier than T11 heroics at this point.

My guild repeated 5/7H again this week and then spent about 30 minutes wiping to heroic cho'gal (what are interrupts?). So... pretty much. The fights are just a hell of a lot more forgiving than Heroic T11 was.

lordmrw

I finally got around to joining a guild again. My work schedule has finally lightened up to the point where I can actually raid on a regular basis this expansion. Even better, I joined the number 3 guild on my server and it looks like they don't have a dedicated rogue so I'm it, which means I might be first to get the legendary.

Angry Grimace

Strafer said:
Hallow's End tomorrow.

Gotta get that mount.
Oh great; nothing like spam running that obnoxious RP event 8 times for each max level character =V

And by God I'll do it, except I have the mount on one guy.

Bisnic

I really wanted that mount before Cataclysm, because it was one of the few rare mounts that could be used as both ground and flying mount without having to remount between a fly and no-fly zone. But since they added gryphons, hippogryphs and wyverns into that list, it's no longer that special. Not to mention the only no-fly zones left are Tol Barad, Molten Front and the draenei/blood elf starting zones.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
I really wanted that mount before Cataclysm, because it was one of the few rare mounts that could be used as both ground and flying mount without having to remount between a fly and no-fly zone. But since they added gryphons, hippogryphs and wyverns into that list, it's no longer that special. Not to mention the only no-fly zones left are Tol Barad, Molten Front and the draenei/blood elf starting zones.
It's a lot cooler than they are though.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
It's a lot cooler than they are though.

True, and i guess i should add another mount to my 100+ collection of my main.

Beside, if its gonna be as easy as Coren, he's going to take 30 seconds to kill.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
True, and i guess i should add another mount to my 100+ collection of my main.

Beside, if its gonna be as easy as Coren, he's going to take 30 seconds to kill.
He does take 30 seconds to kill, but he has a lot more RP than Coren does.

What you can obtain from HH this year:

* 365 rings for your alts for most specs, except tanks D= (ironic because tanks are the alts you probably want to gear up the fastest since they can't cheese not having gear quite as much). These drop off the Horseman himself, so just spam run him until you pick it up on your undergeared alt.

* 365 version of the Agility based Horseman's blade. It's really only even decent for Combat rogues (I think), so not too special. From the Loot Pumpkin, so don't bother more than once a day.

* 365 version of the Horseman's Horrific Helmet. Crit/Hit based strength helm. From the Loot Pumpkin.

* Horseman's Reins as usual. From the Loot Pumpkin.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
is it more rare than the brewfest mounts?

i got 3-4 of those split between characters over 2 years. tho... i only have 1 or two max level last year.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
He does take 30 seconds to kill, but he has a lot more RP than Coren does.

What RP? Don't you have to click a pumpkin and wait a few secs for him to talk and spawn? Nothing worth complaining about. I remember the huge bug from last year when people were just pointing at the damn pumpkin and getting disconnected. Raaage.

Top Bottom