• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

McNei1y

G-Fex said:
I know, I was one of those people who walked til 40

You play wow? Start a new character and join my reroll for no reason phase.

Looking forward to Blizzcon details tomorrow. Hopefully there's a lot of new expansion info.

ampere

I decided to buy the Virtual Ticket. I'm really curious to see all of the panels and the live raid!

The pet is neat too.

Rambaldi

I'm getting really antsy for information, lol. The opening ceremonies will be happening as I am getting ready for work so I'm going to be refreshing Twitter like it's my (second) job.

Pollux

McNei1y said:
You play wow? Start a new character and join my reroll for no reason phase.

Looking forward to Blizzcon details tomorrow. Hopefully there's a lot of new expansion info.
What realm/faction you rerolling on? Might be nice to meet up and kill things with fellow GAFers.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Bisnic said:
I think it makes hims angry because people are having it easy nowadays and are complaining about waiting for lvl 20 for mounts.

Back then, years ago, we walked on foot until we reach lvl 40.

In my day, if you played eq1 at launch... at least half of the game time involved traveling. lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Questing at level 84 right now during this event is awesome.

Trick or treating + COC gave me 53% of the level.
Flying broom is an instant flight form like druids.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They should really remove the delete prompt when you delete the 10,000 Sinister Squashlings you get every day

McNei1y

Mists of Pandaria!

Pandas!

Horde vs Alliance storyline!!

I'm assuming Pandas will be the first neutral race where you level and eventually pick a faction or something. I think thats the most fair way. I'm also guessing there will be a lot of pvp installments!

RPGCrazied

l;kjasld!

Sign up for the 12month annual pass, if you are currently subscribed its free! Nothing up front!!

Tyreal's Mount : OMG
Free Diablo III(digital version)
Secure a spot in the Mists of Pandaria xpac!

Just did this, so fucking awesome.

McNei1y

RPGCrazied said:
l;kjasld!

Sign up for the 12month annual pass, if you are currently subscribed its free! Nothing up front!!

Tyreal's Mount : OMG
Free Diablo III(digital version)
Secure a spot in the Mists of Pandaria xpac!

Just did this, so fucking awesome.

Wait yea. Do you have to select the "12 month" subscription fee or does it mean you have had to be signed up for 12 months?

RPGCrazied

I don't know if you had to have a subscription for a year or whatever, it just gave me an option to use my current subscription.

10-21-20111-57-21PM.jpg

Miletius

McNei1y said:
Wait yea. Do you have to select the "12 month" subscription fee or does it mean you have had to be signed up for 12 months?

It looks like you have to make a commitment for one year, but you don't have to pay for the annual sub fee (you can still pay month to month).

McNei1y

Miletius said:
It looks like you have to make a commitment for one year, but you don't have to pay for the annual sub fee (you can still pay month to month).

It says one year

Q: What is a WoW Annual Pass?

A: The WoW Annual Pass is a twelve month World of Warcraft subscription which can be paid for in monthly installments.

I mean I've had wow paid for for the past year and some so if its just month to month until Diablo 3 comes out then I can do that probably but I'm not trying to select a year immediately lol.

Miletius

RPGCrazied said:
I'm guessing you can't cancel. So make sure you can afford WoW for a year.
-

Just checked. You can't. So be mindful of that.

Correct. It's like a phone contract. You can't cancel once you lock in. If you are committed to doing it and you have the cash up front you might as well go for the yearly sub fee which knocks off a few bucks each month.

It doesn't count time already accrued towards the promotion. So by signing up you will need to pay for another year, be it in $ 14.99 installments or some amount less (depending on if you get a 6 month or yearly contract).

RPGCrazied

Well, I'm stoked. I get to play Diablo III, regardless of funds. I really wanted the mount too, the beta invite for Mists of Pandaria though sealed the deal.

Loxley

For those that missed it, Metzen confirmed on the live stream that originally the Pandaren were in fact going to be the Alliance race in The Burning Crusade.

I remember hearing a rumor in the months following TBC's release that the reason Blizzard delayed the announcement of the Alliance race was because they decided to change it half-way through development (for those that remember in the initial announcement of TBC, only the Blood Elves were unveiled). I always wondered what their original choice was for the Alliance.

Interesting to finally figure out what the heck we were supposed to get.

Alex

New types of PvE content! Finally!! And a Monk class! That's more like it, I'm sated for now. What the heck with talents though, again? Apparently a whole new system this time hopefully they have something in place that really works for them now.

I am totally going Monk though, this is going to be great. I wonder what trees it will have? Healing + Bare Hands + Weapons?

For the 12-month dealie I wonder how long you have to sign up for it. I might do it right before 4.3 or something if you can.

McNei1y

Miletius said:
Correct. It's like a phone contract. You can't cancel once you lock in. If you are committed to doing it and you have the cash up front you might as well go for the yearly sub fee which knocks off a few bucks each month.

It doesn't count time already accrued towards the promotion. So by signing up you will need to pay for another year, be it in $ 14.99 installments or some amount less (depending on if you get a 6 month or yearly contract).

Ahhh okay. I may have to think about it. Diablo 3 will just be included in the price so I have to keep that in mind.

As for wow, Panda's look cool. I hope the new "Talent system" refers to characters having their own unique selection like what Hero Talent Systems were supposed to be. I do love the way Pandaria looks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
McNei1y said:
Mists of Pandaria!

Pandas!

Horde vs Alliance storyline!!

I'm assuming Pandas will be the first neutral race where you level and eventually pick a faction or something. I think thats the most fair way. I'm also guessing there will be a lot of pvp installments!
The rumor is that there are 2 factions of pandas and that they are at war.

Miletius

McNei1y said:
Ahhh okay. I may have to think about it. Diablo 3 will just be included in the price so I have to keep that in mind.

As for wow, Panda's look cool. I hope the new "Talent system" refers to characters having their own unique selection like what Hero Talent Systems were supposed to be. I do love the way Pandaria looks.

Basically if you are doing a month to month contract you should ask yourself: Am I going to be playing WoW for at least 8 more months (preferably more)? Then it's worth signing up, because even if you don't use WoW for the remaining 4 or less months you are getting your "money's worth" by getting Diablo III for equal cost of that remaining 4 months.

Math of course varies by other factors, but that's the basic gist of it.

Anyone notice the panda doing the barrel roll in the trailer? Might have been a monk move, or a racial-type thing.

The continent looks interesting.

I'm really curious as to what sort of PvE content there will be as the focus definitely seems to be on PvP Horde/Alliance conflict. (Which I kind of predicted.)

Also, armor type for monk? Cloth, leather, or mail? Certainly not going to be plate.

McNei1y

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Anyone notice the panda doing the barrel roll in the trailer? Might have been a monk move, or a racial-type thing.

The continent looks interesting.

I'm really curious as to what sort of PvE content there will be as the focus definitely seems to be on PvP Horde/Alliance conflict. (Which I kind of predicted.)

I think alot of the Horde v Alliance stuff will come from the "PVE Scenarios" which I'm hoping they are what I think they are... Instanced attacks on cities and such... That'd be epic.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
I'm picturing more gunship battles and grudge matches in tournaments.

Just kidding.

I'm really interested to see how they handle this.

RPGCrazied

I wonder what the Panda's can be? What class I mean.

I hope not just monk, unless its a hero class, then that would be cool. I seriously doubt Paladin will be a choice.

Rokam

Pandaren Racials

•Bouncy: reduces fall damage by half.
•Inner peace: double rested XP.
•Gourmand: +15 to cooking.
•Epicurean: double stats to food buffs.

Pet battle system is actually Pokemon. LOLOLOLOL

Check out the Blizzcon thread.

Rokam said:
Pandaren Racials

Some OP stuff there (mostly the food buff one)

They need to update the older race's racials. Everyone knows Goblin and Worgen were really strong. Orc is probably the only other one that can compete on that level.

McNei1y

Rokam said:
Pandaren Racials

Double rested XP and Food Buffs.... sheesh.

I wonder if the Food Buffs work in raids... If so, talk about cheating the DPS meters.

Alex said:
I don't see that food one lasting unless some other racial traits are getting re-done.

It's basically a free extra profession bonus. So yeah, it'll either be nerfed, or other racials will have to be buffed. I don't think any of the other racials are that powerful in terms of sheer stats.

Angry Grimace

No flying until max level is going to piss some people off, but it's totally necessary in my opinion. You just absolutely race to the finish if you can fly everywhere.

Alex

I still think it should be limited to specific parts, personally, you can find other ways to alieviate the traveling time sink without invalidating the terrain. At least this is something, though.

Also, Draenei had BETTER be able to become Monks.

McNei1y

I thought so: Pandas choose faction at level 10.

I don't like the idea of "Pandaria being hidden magically since the Sundering... Cataclysm uncovered it!". I think that plot detail is so lame. Just like Uldum's. I guess its the only way to bring stuff in like that though.

RPGCrazied

Alex said:
I still think it should be limited to specific parts, personally, you can find other ways to alieviate the traveling time sink without invalidating the terrain. At least this is something, though.

Also, Draenei had BETTER be able to become Monks.

Pandaren
Draenei
Dwarf
Gnome
Human
Night Elf
Blood Elf
Orc
Tauren
Troll
Forsaken

who can be monks.

Angry Grimace said:
No flying until max level is going to piss some people off, but it's totally necessary in my opinion. You just absolutely race to the finish if you can fly everywhere.

Same. Flying should be a reward/goal, not a given.

Loxley

:D

I'm too fucking excited to see what Russel Brower whips up with an asian-influenced soundtrack.

In other news, the starting zone is a giant fucking turtle.

Angry Grimace

Well, let's see how accurate that spoiler we got a couple weeks ago was:

Mists of Pandaria Storyline and Lore Information

Levels 85-90

Expansion gives players access to the wartorn island of Pandaria, Kul Tiras, Tel'abim, and Suramar.

Two distinct Pandaren races are released with the game.

The Alliance befriends the Pandaren of the Shadow Shao'din, a proud clan of warriors with a heritage of bloodshed.

The Horde gains the support of the Fire Shao'din, which is a clan of Pandaren monks, scholars, and poets.

Civil war split the island of Pandaria literally. The two warring Pandaren clans used their magic to split the island down the middle.

Shodo-pan Zin Ji is the stand-in villain for the expansion, but N'Zoth and Azshara play a role, as well.

Shodo-pan Zin Ji is the former leader of the Shadow Shao'din, and initially receives support from the Alliance.

The Shadow Shao'din started the war by invading Fire Shao'din farms to steal food and supplies.

The Shadow Shao'din is too powerful for the Fire Shao'din to handle alone. The Fire Shao'din sends messengers in a rowboat to a nearby Horde warship to plead for support.

The "Mists" of Pandaria are actually a concealing sort of magic that hid the island from the eyes of sailors for millennia.

The Fire Shao'din Pandaren are markedly friendlier-looking compared to the Shadow Shao'din Pandaren. The two races are very distinct from each other. The Fire Shao'din
Pandaren have a choice of sagely beards and wise facial features, while the Shadow Shao'din Pandaren are slightly taller and appear more vicious.

Blizzard wanted to give the Alliance another "unethical" or "shadowy" race to balance the storyline out.

The expansion focuses greatly on the conflict between the Alliance and Horde by proxy of their new Pandaren allies.

Deathwing's Shattering is what initially caused famine and disease to consume the island of Pandaria. The Shadow Shao'din took a very direct approach to handling the problem, and
this meant wiping out the sickly members of the population in large numbers. The Alliance does not initially understand the brutality of the Shadow Shao'din.

Seems somewhat accurate, but a lot of the story is totally wrong, i.e. the zones are all places in Pandaria.

Interesting that Pandaren can't be Death Knights, though.

Top Bottom