• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

So, what to expect in the last wing of ToT? Yes, I finally made it. Still no weapon though. :(

First two fights are easy, just don't stand in fire on Iron Qon. Don't get put to sleep by the flowers on Twins.

On Lei Shen, stack for Static Shock and Overcharged, spread for Diffusion Chain, stand in the blue whirlpools because if they hit the ground, they spawn an add.

This game wont let me quit.

Just got 10 days free gameplay.

Might as well put it to good use.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

Ultratech

Speaking of terrible LFR stories, I went and did ToES yesterday and ended up having to basically one-tank Tsulong. It's pretty bad when the other tank apparently doesn't know what the hell Taunting is. (It became very obvious when I was fighting to stay alive with 4 stacks of the breath debuff and everyone's telling the other Tank to taunt.)

Granted, there were other things going wrong like when we had the boss at 2%, entered the Day phase, and the healers slack off and he ends up getting like 5-6% HP back.

So, what to expect in the last wing of ToT? Yes, I finally made it. Still no weapon though. :(

First two bosses aren't terribly hard, and it's basically your standard boss stuff (don't stand in fire, etc.). Nothing complicated basically.

Lei Shen on the other hand...you might actually want to look up how that fight works just to be familiar with it.

NeoCross

Is there something wrong with Blizzards servers or somthing? When I just quest or hang out in org my world ms is fine, but when I join BG's and Instances it literally becomes unplayable due to the world ms latency jumping to the thousands. Might just unsub because of this.

vocab

Is there something wrong with Blizzards servers or somthing? When I just quest or hang out in org my world ms is fine, but when I join BG's and Instances it literally becomes unplayable due to the world ms latency jumping to the thousands. Might just unsub because of this.

I had something like that happen in BC. It was my ISP shitting it self.

RPGCrazied

Thanks guys, I can't see anyone doing Lie-Shen on a so/so computer. So much AOE an stuff going on. I thought my computer was going to melt. Got a constant 17-18fps durning that fight.

Anyways got a sexy chest piece from him.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
You guys have me thinking of going to a high pop server now. Mine is shitty beyond doubt. At the same time, I don't want to sit in a queue for an hour. I think I'll try messing around on one to see if I can find me a new home.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You guys have me thinking of going to a high pop server now. Mine is shitty beyond doubt. At the same time, I don't want to sit in a queue for an hour. I think I'll try messing around on one to see if I can find me a new home.

Most people would tell you to wait for 5.4 and the virtual realms before paying for transfers.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
on what planet do i live on where people have some sort of personal computer machine that cant run wow at a constant 30+

Fjordson

Still camping for Ghostcrawler :lol no luck so far and my patience is already wearing thin.

I've gotten so incredibly lucky with all of the other spirit beasts, mostly just going into their zones to check on their spawn points and seeing them without much real "camping" so not sure how much longer I can camp for this one (even if he is the second coolest pet after Loque'nahak imo).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I hate to be a bother but could someone help me out with recommending me some good, basic add ons for the game? It's been so long I can't remember which did what and whatever. I'm starting a new character to scratch the MMO itch for a month or so.

Ultratech

Still camping for Ghostcrawler :lol no luck so far and my patience is already wearing thin.

I've gotten so incredibly lucky with all of the other spirit beasts, mostly just going into their zones to check on their spawn points and seeing them without much real "camping" so not sure how much longer I can camp for this one (even if he is the second coolest pet after Loque'nahak imo).

He can be pretty tricky since he fades in and out, even dissapearing from the minimap temporarily.

The good thing is that there's pretty much nothing else out there where he's at.

RPGCrazied

I hate to be a bother but could someone help me out with recommending me some good, basic add ons for the game? It's been so long I can't remember which did what and whatever. I'm starting a new character to scratch the MMO itch for a month or so.

I only use 3. SexyMap, much cooler looking minimap, MoveAnything so I can move windows anywhere I want, an fontifier so I can use different better looking fonts.

vocab

Id start with using bartender. Basic bar customization that's really easy to use, and is really damn good.

Jedi2016

Dinged 90 yesterday (waaaaay LTTP)

Today I was reminded why I hate leveling crafting. "You need just a smidge over ten billion of these mats..."

Found out that Cooking has an Easy mode if you wait until you get to Pandaria.. I went from 80-550 in about a half hour. Almost felt like I was cheating.

Not sure if I want to start running dungeons or not. Fresh 90 tank and all, I used to catch some shit for that back in the day. Not that I was bad, just that everyone seemed to think I was bad based on my gear score. Ah, well. Least I can still grind for my straw hat transmog and cloud serpent.

Cipherr

Dinged 90 yesterday (waaaaay LTTP)

Today I was reminded why I hate leveling crafting. "You need just a smidge over ten billion of these mats..."

Found out that Cooking has an Easy mode if you wait until you get to Pandaria.. I went from 80-550 in about a half hour. Almost felt like I was cheating.

Not sure if I want to start running dungeons or not. Fresh 90 tank and all, I used to catch some shit for that back in the day. Not that I was bad, just that everyone seemed to think I was bad based on my gear score. Ah, well. Least I can still grind for my straw hat transmog and cloud serpent.

No need to worry about gear. Go to one of the gear vendors that sells greens for all specs. Buy up a full set of tank greens from that vendor. All of it has tanking/avoidance stats on it. Make sure you are buying the level 88 set, and not the lower level sets like level 87 or 85.

Put those on and start tanking normal dungeons to get blues to replace those pieces, then when you hit the threshhold, go ahead and start tanking heroics.

Because they put starter sets of gear for healing/tanking/dps on vendors for flat gold now (shield and everything) theres no longer that gap that you have to really worry about. You can just purchase a stopgap set, and get started. Not to mention doing a nice PvE questline will get you a great set of epic 502 boots without ever stepping foot into an instance. And that same questline leads you to the barrens weekly quest which will get you one epic ilvl 489 tanking piece per week.

In just the first week when hitting 90 you can have a great set of boots, another epic piece of your choosing, and fill the rest of the gaps in from a vendor that just sells starter sets for gold, and it can all be attained solo. Its sooooo newcomer friendly now.

Fjordson

Just got Voice of the Quilen to drop in Throne of Thunder! Woo! No more shitty 463 crossbow. Shocked I got this, my luck with weapon drops has always been shit in WoW.

Ooh, I didn't know this existed. I could definitely use 502 boots.

Ultratech

Finally got the Legendary Meta on my DK, so now he's on the Runestone hunt as well.

Went and got the Tank gem, since I've been pretty much tanking more now since Frost went to crap and Blood's more fun now that I have actual gear to tank with.

Fjordson

You should at least do the weekly to get the pet, and brawlers guild boxing gloves. Who knows if they will be unattainable in 5.4.
Yeah, I'm going to start doing it now. Didn't even realize I've had the starting step in my questlog for weeks :lol

Jedi2016

No need to worry about gear. Go to one of the gear vendors that sells greens for all specs. Buy up a full set of tank greens from that vendor. All of it has tanking/avoidance stats on it. Make sure you are buying the level 88 set, and not the lower level sets like level 87 or 85.

Put those on and start tanking normal dungeons to get blues to replace those pieces, then when you hit the threshhold, go ahead and start tanking heroics.

Because they put starter sets of gear for healing/tanking/dps on vendors for flat gold now (shield and everything) theres no longer that gap that you have to really worry about. You can just purchase a stopgap set, and get started. Not to mention doing a nice PvE questline will get you a great set of epic 502 boots without ever stepping foot into an instance. And that same questline leads you to the barrens weekly quest which will get you one epic ilvl 489 tanking piece per week.

In just the first week when hitting 90 you can have a great set of boots, another epic piece of your choosing, and fill the rest of the gaps in from a vendor that just sells starter sets for gold, and it can all be attained solo. Its sooooo newcomer friendly now.
Thanks for that. :) I actually outstripped most of the gear that guy sold, but I did replace my cloak and a trinket, and I started the questline for the boots, will probably do all that tomorrow.

Sajjaja

Hey guys. I don't play WoW anymore but I was browsing through my old photos and I saw something that brought back some memories and I figured I would share it. It's a GIF/signature I made when I used to frequent WoW message boards etc etc.... really shitty low grade but I felt like sharing it :p Weird photo proportions too. And I put an apostrophe where it should not be lol

yVIxWSi.gif

sqwarlock

I still have yet to try the Brawler's Guild out. I'm bad at earning money, so dropping however much it costs for the BMAH invites isn't something I really want to do. I've killed a couple of the rares that drop the invites, but no luck so far there either.

Ultratech

You should at least do the weekly to get the pet, and brawlers guild boxing gloves. Who knows if they will be unattainable in 5.4.

The pet's being converted to a rare drop according to one of the devs on Twitter.
Hadn't heard anything on the gloves, but I would assume the same thing.

I still have yet to try the Brawler's Guild out. I'm bad at earning money, so dropping however much it costs for the BMAH invites isn't something I really want to do. I've killed a couple of the rares that drop the invites, but no luck so far there either.

Assuming nobody bids on them, they're 1k on the BMAH.
And I've only had like 2-3 drop from Rare mobs.

At least winning the fights gets you quite a bit of gold.
Especially the Challenge Card quests, which usually give you like several hundred gold if you can beat the boss.

Don't forget to check the regular AH as well. I believe it's Brawler's Pass that can be sold on there. You'll likely find people putting them up for 500g or less. I put mine up for 300g over and over after not being able to sell it and it finally went after a couple weeks so there's definitely not a great market on it and the price should be low.

All rares in Padnaria have a chance to drop the invitation, too, not just the three added for 5.1 in Krasarang. I kill rares all the time since npcscan always pops them off and I'd say I get an invite every 30-40 Pandaria rares. Seeing as how there's the 56 rares from MoP's launch and the Krasarang and Isle of Thunder rares as well killing 40+ for a good chance for an invitation doesn't take all that much time or effort and can net you some fun items and possibly some stuff to sell for extra gold. The BoE epics tend to sell decently and the bags they occasionally drop give crafting mats that sell well enough as well.

Just be aware that the Brawler's Guild will end up costing you gold if you try to get far as dying there takes a durability hit. On the last boss I spent just shy of 1,000g repairing.

Ceebs

Did the first half of Heart of Fear tonight. Garalon really drove home how much better these fights must be with an organized guild. Pools everywhere and no focused fire anywhere and a crush what seemed like every internal cooldown.

vocab

I highly recommend do not buy one, and try to farm some warbringers if possible.

scoobs

Brawlers guild is so frustrating... hexos is one of the dumbest things ive ever seen, almost as dumb as that fucker final boss from rank 8 before patch

Brawlers guild is so frustrating... hexos is one of the dumbest things ive ever seen, almost as dumb as that fucker final boss from rank 8 before patch

Hexos is easily where I have the second most amount of deaths after the last boss. I died at least forty times on Hexos, probably closer to sixty. At least half were me dying before getting it down to 90% health because I simply couldn't get the feel of it correct. The one good thing about Hexos is that deaths against it don't go against your gear durability unless you live until the enrage and die.

If you're at least 515 geared and read up on the boss abilities getting to Rank 8 shouldn't be too bad. Once you get past Hexos it's pretty easy to get to the last boss. Nibbleh was the only other troublesome boss between them and that took me around seven or eight attempts.

Edit:
I tried it on my mage, got to the twin goblins, got frusterated, and never been inside it again.

The "correct" strategy of going to the shielded goblin to have the rocket shooting one blow up the shield and continue to use the rockets against them didn't work for me at all. I tried it a few times and it was too messy. I then changed to simply attack the one that's not shielded and easily beat that challenge with no trouble at all on my first attempt. Obviously I had to dodge the rockets but if you can do enough DPS that you don't need the rocket damage to help it's a breeze.

Clipse

I actually did it.. I finally got an alt to max level. Tomorrow is going to be hell trying to get as much VP and Lesser Charms as I can before Tuesday's reset lol

Magnus

I'm so psyched for the inevitable expansion reveal later this year. I feel like the game's the best it's ever been.

Discoverin' some real joy on numerous alts now, classes I've never really gotten into before (Warrior, Rogue, Monk, etc.), dicking around on alts at max level, and doing all of the stuff on my main that I never entertained before (Brawler's Guild, Scenarios, Normal raids again – as opposed to just LFR'ing it since 4.3 and the era at the end of Wrath when I retired from regular/heroic raiding).

And to think, I haven't even PVP'd in BGs/Arena since fucking BC. That's a whole half of the game I basically haven't touched.

I love WoW.

lol

CassSept

Hexos is annoying and every time you die in a dumb way you have to queue again and again and wait and wait... I understand "sense of community" and all but xrealm Brawler's Guild is annoying :/

Finally. I started farming Slabhide last week and was away for the weekend, so today I thought about taking a break from Skadi, but hell, let's try one more final before a break.

Boom! Blue Proto Drake acquired. 89th Skadi kill in MoP, 172th mount in the collection. "Only" 28 more.

mclem

Well, first two raid days this week, we managed to get to Lei Shen in two days for the first time (we've always been one or two bosses behind that in previous weeks). That's two uninterrupted raid days on Lei Shen coming up. I just hope we can put together a viable group to knuckle down and work on it.

Fjordson

Ghostcrawler tamed! Fuck yes. I'm getting so lucky in WoW lately. Freaky.

Finally. I started farming Slabhide last week and was away for the weekend, so today I thought about taking a break from Skadi, but hell, let's try one more final before a break.

Boom! Blue Proto Drake acquired. 89th Skadi kill in MoP, 172th mount in the collection. "Only" 28 more.
Fuuck! Congrats man, so jealous. The Blue and Green protos are like my most wanted mounts ever since Wrath came out. I saw the Blue one drop and go to someone else because of a shitty roll twice. I was traumatized and haven't been back to UP since Icecrown Citadel first went live :lol and I gave up on the Oracle egg for the Green Proto back in the early days of Cata.

Though with my luck lately, maybe I'll try farming Skadi for a few weeks...and I actually did buy an Oracle egg the other day when I was taming Loque'nahak in Sholazar :lol will probably be enjoying some aged yolk in a few hours, but we'll see!

strafer

I really wish Blizzard would implement something for the tabards, like the mounts. Because they take up so much space.. have so many. :(

ampere

I'm so psyched for the inevitable expansion reveal later this year. I feel like the game's the best it's ever been.

Discoverin' some real joy on numerous alts now, classes I've never really gotten into before (Warrior, Rogue, Monk, etc.), dicking around on alts at max level, and doing all of the stuff on my main that I never entertained before (Brawler's Guild, Scenarios, Normal raids again – as opposed to just LFR'ing it since 4.3 and the era at the end of Wrath when I retired from regular/heroic raiding).

And to think, I haven't even PVP'd in BGs/Arena since fucking BC. That's a whole half of the game I basically haven't touched.

I love WoW.

lol

Been really enjoying it too. Throne of Thunder is so cool and I love the Monk class.

Excited to see what the new expac will be and really excited for Blizzcon!

I really wish Blizzard would implement something for the tabards, like the mounts. Because they take up so much space.. have so many. :(

The silliest part is I know I could sell off half of mine and just re-buy them cheaply if I ever needed them but I never get rid of my tabards so instead I have nearly forty all sitting in my bank. I'd like it if they did the same thing for shirts because the Brawler's Guild shirts earned from the optional bosses also are starting to take up space.

CassSept, I think my exact count right now is 247 Slabhide kills and growing. I was originally surprised to hit 100 and jokingly told my guildmates that there's no way it'd take me 100 more. Looks like I was wrong. I checked Wowhead to verify that it still drops on Normal (though I didn't really doubt it much) and saw people talking about being up to 500 Slabhide kills. At least the run is quick and earns some decent gold for the time spent.

TimeKillr

Well, first two raid days this week, we managed to get to Lei Shen in two days for the first time (we've always been one or two bosses behind that in previous weeks). That's two uninterrupted raid days on Lei Shen coming up. I just hope we can put together a viable group to knuckle down and work on it.

Congrats! Lei Shen is a bitch of a fight - it's pretty easy to mess up and screw the entire fight. If you have people who aren't aware of their surroundings, you're going to be fucked :)

We're having trouble getting him down. If we survive the first intermission, we typically will get to the 2nd which is much easier to survive, but you still have to have people who aren't stupid and who will grab the bouncing balls, avoid shit, spread out, etc. It shouldn't be hard and it's a pretty "simple" fight for DPS but tanking/healing is a different kind of challenge.

mclem

Congrats! Lei Shen is a bitch of a fight - it's pretty easy to mess up and screw the entire fight. If you have people who aren't aware of their surroundings, you're going to be fucked :)

We're having trouble getting him down. If we survive the first intermission, we typically will get to the 2nd which is much easier to survive, but you still have to have people who aren't stupid and who will grab the bouncing balls, avoid shit, spread out, etc. It shouldn't be hard and it's a pretty "simple" fight for DPS but tanking/healing is a different kind of challenge.

The big debate on our part currently is dancing (moving LS in and out of range of the pylons) vs. not dancing. Dancing seems to make P1 a little harder to survive, but the reduced damage in the transition as a result of lower charge on each pylon (At best we've had one pylon on 90, one on 70, the third on maybe 50 and done; fourth is untouched) makes a difference; vice-versa if we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom