• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's actually not that bad, I guess I lose 10% physical damage reduction, not really important, and you don't block when you cast, (actually is there still block for non tank specs?)

Also held in hand can be transmogged to the umbrella (I hope)! I will get that soon ;)

You get anything from that archievement? wowhead shows nothing

You feel good about yourself. He's unlocking the prerequisite to Glorious though, not Glorious itself. I have two mobs on my Glorious list - Jon-Darr and Borginn Darkfist. I don't even camp them, I just fly there every few hours of playing to see if they're around.

So I was thinking about this a bit based on a post from a blue in the Rogue forums last week soliciting feedback: is there a class more visually outdated than Rogues? The only one I can think of is maybe Warrior.

I'm primarily talking about class animation effects and other things like that. They implemented a cool new stealth looking effect in Cata... which was promptly given to Hunters, for example. Other than stealth, which is still using the OG effect from vanilla, they really have no class effects that really stand out to me. I think that's a big reason why I'm having a lot more fun on other classes - because they need to look badass in addition to doing good numbers. I just don't get the "wow, this effect is freaking awesome" vibe from anything Rogues have. I think they need a patch focused on boosting shit like that since they're still the least played class, I believe.
Rogue is a class I finally got into in Cataclysm. They're fun, but being a glass cannon AND melee is going to keep them down for a long time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Chi-ji dailies broken.

Another maintenance, another broken thing.

>fixes battle helm of thunder king
>completely fucks up a daily hub

ampere

Chi-ji dailies broken.

I don't know if they are broken, it seemed like a bug that they were available every day. When you get sent there for the August dailies, they are the only ones available, yet they were up every other day?

I'm thinking that it was a bug, and they fixed it. Although the rep gain rate for August Celestials is very low without it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know if they are broken, it seemed like a bug that they were available every day. When you get sent there for the August dailies, they are the only ones available, yet they were up every other day?

I'm thinking that it was a bug, and they fixed it. Although the rep gain rate for August Celestials is very low without it.
Pretty sure it wasn't a bug because it was like this since beta. You always had these 3+1 guaranteed August Celestial dailies from Chi-Ji, then you could be lucky and get more in other places.

Rokam

Got a cloak and pants this week from LFR. My Elegon charm bugged out, clicked to use it and the box disappeared. It ate my charm as well. Didn't even get gold.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I yelled "JUMP" right before the big hole before the 2nd boss in part two of LFR.

Half the raid jumped...

Berordn

Pretty sure it wasn't a bug because it was like this since beta. You always had these 3+1 guaranteed August Celestial dailies from Chi-Ji, then you could be lucky and get more in other places.

As I've known it, you pick up a daily from the August Celestials Quartermaster in the shrine who directs you to the dailies for the day, and that's it.

I'd love to be wrong though, rep for them takes forever.

Fjordson

Ooh, missed this thread this morning. Awesome OP! Disappointed I missed the wall of shame, but I was pretty late to the party I guess.

Sophia

That feeling when you have more played time at 90 than you do in almost any other game you've played this year. :(

Robin64

Man...

The Alliance Brawler's Guild is this awesome secret area hidden under Deeprun Tram. It has bouncers, bars, and everyone can look down into the pit where the fights happen. It's quite big and feels awesome.

The Horde Brawler's Guild is a bunch of boxes piled up around a small wooden fence in the middle of the Ring of Valor.

Yoshichan

If you're going for the [Now I Am the Master]-achievement and you've been delaying it like me (had x50 Ironpaws this whole time, but was just lazy) - then make a 180 turn. Go buy it asap because it takes at least 34 days to get the achievement, from the point where you buy the [Cooking School Bell].

Man...

The Alliance Brawler's Guild is this awesome secret area hidden under Deeprun Tram. It has bouncers, bars, and everyone can look down into the pit where the fights happen. It's quite big and feels awesome.

The Horde Brawler's Guild is a bunch of boxes piled up around a small wooden fence in the middle of the Ring of Valor.

Well shit. Alliance version sounds way better.

Lucis

Man...

Is it on PTR? is thefights already available?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Chi-ji dailies broken.

They aren't broken, you aren't allowed to take two daily hubs from August Celestials anymore.

Robin64

ok
ETn68.png

Yoshichan

Why would you assume a series of dailies available even on days without a breadcrumb quest was working as intended?
Why? Because Blizzard didn't mention otherwise in any recent posts. That's why.

edit: Aaand Ghost-CrawlInYourShit-Crawler saves the day! Thanks for the confirmation Robin.

Rokal

Why? Because Blizzard didn't mention otherwise in any of the recent posts. That's why.

I just don't think they touch on every minor bug fix they make, especially those related to quests. The Chi-Ji temple quests were not consistent with the way any other dailies work in the expansion so it seemed pretty likely that it was a bug.

Yoshichan

I just don't think they touch on every minor bug fix they make, especially those related to quests. The Chi-Ji temple quests were not consistent with the way any other dailies work in the expansion so it seemed pretty likely that it was a bug.
"minor", lol

Angry Grimace

Yeah, I didn't even have any reason to know I could have done them every day.

Angry Grimace

This month's NeoGAF WoW Competition: Who can get the most Sinister Squashlings in a single Hallow's End?

Angry Grimace

Too bad I failed to get my Monk to 90. I wanted to dual wield those flaming swords (not that Monks ever show their weapons other than to jab)

Slayerx

I'm a bit late. Awesome op, great title -_^

Going to hit exalted with serpent riders and revered with golden lotus tonight, and probably get dungeon hero achievement, only cleaning up left :(

Rokal

Too bad I failed to get my Monk to 90. I wanted to dual wield those flaming swords (not that Monks ever show their weapons other than to jab)

They should show in your hands for subsequent attacks (kicks) after using jab. The one exception to this is fist weapons, for some reason, which you do not even see for jabs. I was considering farming the awesome phoenix hand weapons from TK for my Monk but realized I'd never get to see them anyway.

For those wondering about Sky Shard drop rates, from personal experience I'd say about one in a thousand. Everyone I know who has farmed all ten also had a huge gap between numbers nine and ten, one even logging over 8000 kills between his ninth and tenth drop.

These days, I'm using my 85 alts to grind for JP because it's so much easier that way. The rewards are much better than running 90 Heroics or even scenarios on my main.

How do you grind JP at 85? I still want the shoulders for my monk and have 1200 jp on one toon, and 1200 on another. I wish they pooled them.

Yoshichan

used dice on LFR, got the same boots that just dropped from the boss

why blizzard

why
XD Sorry, but this made me laugh so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom