• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ningo

I'm out again. Waste of money quitting now, too many alts and only got my main to 86, but will get much more time back and I have a massive backlog of games to play.

gotoadgo

Healer QQ. I am tired of raids pulling when healers are short on mana left and right. I know it is virtually impossible to prevent but it really offends my sensibilities as an old school raider.

Yep, shits me every damn time. I basically don't do anything the pull before a boss now to save myself the frustration.

Kletian

Finally got to experience the crappier side of LFR.

Had a tank, who clearly thought he was beter than the entire raid and would stand in front of the current trash pull (not tanking) and wait for the rest of the raid to catch up to HIM.

When we'd get to a boss, the other tank, having obviously not been here yet. Aksed if there was anything special he'd need to know. First tank would snarkily reply "NAH GOOGLE IT" then immediately pull the boss. We'd wipe and said tank would of course call the other tank a shit player.

Yay elitism blinding one to common sense. If he'd taken 3 minutes to tel lthe other tank what he needed to do, we'd save 20 minutes not wiping. Now I tend to hate handholding as well but if you're already this far into the instance, just suck it up and help a newb.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So close to ilvl 480... just need that extra push. It's unfortunate that the only loot I need from LFR is from the final boss. Like, Elegon drops one piece of loot for Resto Druids, and it's not even an upgrade, wtf :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
So close to ilvl 480... just need that extra push. It's unfortunate that the only loot I need from LFR is from the final boss. Like, Elegon drops one piece of loot for Resto Druids, and it's not even an upgrade, wtf :lol

Remember, heart of fear and the terrace open up in a couple weeks ;)

strafer

It's a good day to be a Warlock.

Glyph of Supernova (New) When you are killed, all enemies within 0 yards take damage equal to 10% of your maximum health per Burning Ember held.

Cataclysm (New) The Warlock channels cataclysmic power, immolating all enemies within 10 yards. After 4 sec, all burning enemies within 10 yards are knocked away and stunned for 5 sec. The channelling of Cataclysm cannot be stopped and the Warlock cannot be slain until it completes.

aesop

A bit late to the conversation, but I've never destroyed any gaming related hardware because of a rage fit. Though, I came pretty close with the powerglove back in the day.

My luck finally changed yesterday and I got 4 items from LFR. Not a bad haul. 2 pieces I can use (legs and belt) and two pieces that are basically vendor trash as I already have the VP pieces (neck and cape). Too bad I can't DE.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I did the 2nd half of the Vaults raid on LFR yesterday.

I'm glad these bosses are a little more interesting than the first three. Especially that celestial dragon that i forgot the name.

I'm glad these bosses are a little more interesting than the first three. Especially that celestial dragon that i forgot the name.

The only downside to Elegon is that it is going to be weeks of people wiping on him the first few attempts because they still do not understand the floor mechanic. Otherwise yeah the second half of Vaults is actually pretty fun in LFR.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Elegon.

And you will remember his name.

Bisnic

The only downside to Elegon is that it is going to be weeks of people wiping on him the first few attempts because they still do not understand the floor mechanic. Otherwise yeah the second half of Vaults is actually pretty fun in LFR.

Then i guess i should consider myself lucky that i killed him on my first attempt.

Although, i did join the LFR group while they were walking back to the boss... so who knows how many wipes they had before i joined.

Thankfully there was a hunter on chat who told us to move away from the center at some point in the fight, or else i would probably have died since i never fought him in the past. :lol

aesop

My LFR group had someone yelling "RUN!" when the protector was about to blow up. It made me chuckle. We lost half the raid to the floor boss on the first attempt.

Haven't done Elegon yet. Tell me what to do in LFR.

If you a running DBM it is easy enough to know when to run out. The main point is when the system starts to power down you need to run off of the clear floor because it will vanish and drop anyone still on it to their death. If you are ranged or a healer just stand back close to the edge (without getting off the floor so you keep the buff) and it is a fairly easy thing to do.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My LFR group had someone yelling "RUN!" when the protector was about to blow up. It made me chuckle. We lost half the raid to the floor boss on the first attempt.

I think my LFR group had about 2 wipes on each boss. It's hilarious how they just ignore mechanics (i.e. stacking in front of the first Spirit King) and just brute force the boss.

Kenai

Elegon.

And you will remember his name.

Quickest LFR wipe I have ever seen. 21/25 people were standing in the middle of the room when the floor gave way. I wish I had been recording it, because being a bystander to that was glorious.

Myself (healer), both tanks and a mage didn't last much longer. I'm sure Normal will be even more fun.

Bisnic

Haven't done Elegon yet. Tell me what to do in LFR.

From what i can remember, there is orbs coming out of the middle that needs to be take down as fast as possible, and if i understood right, if those orbs reach the edge of the circle of the middle of the room, that's when the floor on the circle will collapse and you need to GTFO of it as soon as possible. Then, a bunch of pylons shows up around that needs to be destroyed so you can continue on the boss...

The rest of the fight seems to be pretty much DPS and survive. I think i remember there being some adds to kill too.

Entropia

No One Remembers
From what i can remember, there is orbs coming out of the middle that needs to be take down as fast as possible, and if i understood right, if those orbs reach the edge of the circle of the middle of the room, that's when the floor on the circle will collapse and you need to GTFO of it as soon as possible. Then, a bunch of pylons shows up around that needs to be destroyed so you can continue on the boss...

The rest of the fight seems to be pretty much DPS and survive. I think i remember there being some adds to kill too.

There'll be a large add that spawns and needs to be tanked when you fight in the middle with Elegon.

When you've left the middle of the room and the floor is gone, during the Pylon-kill phase there'll be a bunch of small adds that spawn. They will need to be tanked/AOE/cleaved down.

Ultratech

Then again I still see people get hit by Dragon's Breath on the last boss. Those same people move out of Book Burner when the beam is on them. People that don't get bone shield on Rattlegore... etc. Silly people.

That's just...horrible.

Maybe they just don't know the encounter yet? It's still new for most players.

Even then, it should be self-explanatory. See the boss turn into a Tornado? GTFO of the way.
See a giant cone of fire coming your way? Move out of the way.
See some stuff on the ground and it's hurting you? MOVE.

So Floor Boss is now more OP than Elevator Boss?

I actually didn't do LFR last night, so I'm curious as to how that will play out tonight when I attempt it.

Fularu

Banned
So there's only 6 bosses in lfr out right?

Yeah... They made stagered releases this time, to have people looking for more stuff to do in the coming weeks and then drop 5.1 (that way, people don't feel a lack of content, that's prety clever on their part).

Yeah... They made stagered releases this time, to have people looking for more stuff to do in the coming weeks and then drop 5.1 (that way, people don't feel a lack of content, that's prety clever on their part).

And honestly the stagger does not even feel that bad. We are looking at 3-4 weeks of doing the Vaults before the next wave opens up which should be a decent enough amount of time for people to get a good set of drops and Valor gear. I imagine a lot of people doing only LFR/capping weekly Valor will be close to a full set of 476+ Epics by then.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I already got legs and feet on my first full completion.

So those coins. I do dailies to get them?
Can I use them on a looted lfr boss?

I already got legs and feet on my first full completion.

So those coins. I do dailies to get them?
Can I use them on a looted lfr boss?

I thought no, but then I read a tooltip yesterday saying you could still use them on a boss if you completed it a second time in a lockout on LFR.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thanks yo.

Is there a daily guide? I'm kind of overwhelmed here trying to figure out where to start and maximize charms. I've only started a lil bit of cloud serphants and have 1/90 lulz. I haven't quested in dread wastes and quested very little in townlong steppes.

Bisnic

45% extra EXP with heirlooms now.

I'm just blowing through each zone, and as a Warlock I'm dotting like crazy.

Those heirlooms wouldn't happen to work for 85-90 now do they?

Nah, who am i kidding, Blizzard wouldn't do that.

aesop

45% extra EXP with heirlooms now.

I'm just blowing through each zone, and as a Warlock I'm dotting like crazy.

I'm leveling a monk with full heirlooms plus the daily quest that gives you 50% extra XP for an hour and I can't even complete three full quests before I've outleveled a zone. Is nice.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm leveling a monk with full heirlooms plus the daily quest that gives you 50% extra XP for an hour and I can't even complete three full quests before I've outleveled a zone. Is nice.
When you have like a few mins left on the buff turn in the next day's daily or the class quest you'll get 2 full hours on the buff meaning an extra hour. Yayeah.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Those heirlooms wouldn't happen to work for 85-90 now do they?

Nah, who am i kidding, Blizzard wouldn't do that.

Nope.

And yeah, I've been blowing through the levels with the EXP buff Monks get.

Sidenote: Leveling Enchanting has been expensive. Is it cheaper to buy/DE greens or to buy the mats?? I've been buying the Mats. I'm at 280 Enchanting right now.

Fularu

Banned
Nope.

And yeah, I've been blowing through the levels with the EXP buff Monks get.

Sidenote: Leveling Enchanting has been expensive. Is it cheaper to buy/DE greens or to buy the mats?? I've been buying the Mats. I'm at 280 Enchanting right now.

Enchanting was the easiest profession to level up for me. All I did was disenchant the greens I was getting while questing and by the end of the second zone, I was 600

Entropia

No One Remembers
Enchanting was the easiest profession to level up for me. All I did was disenchant the greens I was getting while questing and by the end of the second zone, I was 600

Problem: from 15->45'ish all I did was dungeons, so I got very few greens.

Knch

Leveling Enchanting has been expensive. Is it cheaper to buy/DE greens or to buy the mats?? I've been buying the Mats. I'm at 280 Enchanting right now.

I'm one enchant away from 600, have never ever bought a green, nor mats of the AH. Leveling Vanilla/BC is a bit harder, but WoLK and beyond is easy if you just disenchant every green you see (level while you get them, or you'll end up with a bank full of dust...)

Bisnic

My enchanter alt barely quested so far, and with all the greens i get with my main, he's already filled with dusts in his bags.... Essences are pretty rare though, even coming from disenchanted weapons.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm one enchant away from 600, have never ever bought a green, nor mats of the AH. Leveling Vanilla/BC is a bit harder, but WoLK and beyond is easy if you just disenchant every green you see (level while you get them, or you'll end up with a bank full of dust...)

Yeah, I know once I get to Wrath/Cata/MoP it'll be easy. Vanilla enchanting so far has been a pain. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom