• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hot, hot, hot!

I'm gutted to see that Blizz have fixed the bug that allowed you to do two sets of August Celestials dailies every day. Ten days of dailies has just become 20 days of dailies again.

strafer

How many keyboards have you guys destroyed while playing WoW?

I've destroyed a total of four keyboards.

Yes, I rage easily.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yes, I rage easily.
You're not Yos... you know what, I'm not even gonna start :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Yes, I rage easily.

0 in 6½ years.

But raids were never serious business for me. And if something bothers me in a heroic or BG, i just tell to myself "fuck that asshole" and go on with my life.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Yes, I rage easily.
I've destroyed a few 10 dollar Logitech keyboards from Walmart. Like 4.

Then I'm like... Whelp... Time to drive down the road for another.

A few times the buttons just flew everywhere and it didnt break and I had to go find them.

My naga mouse and old gaming keyboard never took any blows.

Kenai

Yes, I rage easily.

I've only killed about 4, but one doesn't count because one of these monstrosities called a house centipede decided it was a good idea to crawl across while I was typing. I smashed it hard without a second thought, keys flew everywhere and the bug basically exploded.

I was playing WoW at the time though. ~_~

Yes, I rage easily.

I've been playing WoW since 2006, I haven't really destroyed any keyboards but I've seen my Logitech G15 kinda flake out to non-use. I'm sure it didn't help when I accidentally spilled a full glass of wine on it. The G15 is still useable but the back lighting flickers so it sits in a cardboard box instead.

I broke the (dainty) leg of my previous keyboard years earlier when I struck it, it was not my finest moment. I guess the frustration of XP death in Everquest and a newly implemented targeting bug finally came to a head. I quit that game soon after. On a side note I did find a replacement leg off a keyboard that someone was throwing away. I still use it for a spare machine I keep around.

Right now I use a Steelseries 7G; I've seen the marketing guys pound on this thing for demonstration. I will probably have the 7G forever, well, as long as I can keep my drinks from falling in to it.

Fjordson

Never destroyed anything while playing. Closest I came to raging out was when I lost Ashkandi on my warrior to a hunter (who was a relatively new recruit to our guild). I was so damn pissed. Nothing broken, though.

God, seems like forever ago now. And I look back and laugh at how angry I was over something so silly.

Tarazet

How do you grind JP at 85? I still want the shoulders for my monk and have 1200 jp on one toon, and 1200 on another. I wish they pooled them.

Run a weekly Cata normal, weekly Cata heroic, weekly HoT heroic, and daily MoP dungeon. Tons of JP compared to the options available at 90.

I did the first wing of LFR today as cat DPS. Got shoulders and a ring, which was exactly what I needed to fill my last two slots with >450 gear. I had actually just gotten a ring from the Justice vendor, and was able to return it for a refund.

Trying to decide whether to sell leg enchants for ~2k a pop or try to sell a leather chest for ~10k. Maybe I'll just advertise in trade chat and see if there any nibbles before I craft anything.

LadyRiven

Has anyone been trying to get the Searing Scorchling since MoP came out? I am wondering if there's any truth to the drop rate being increased. I do so many dailies each day, the last thing I want to do is Hyjal dailies as well.. but.. I've been wanting this pet for years now. :(

Knch

Anyone know a good place to farm Embersilk?

Verlok's Stand in deepholm.

I farmed all my Embersilk to level my tailoring there at 90 with my warlock in about an hour (while standing still in 1 spot, tagging all mobs in range with a dot or two.) It's close to Therazane's throne for vendor trashing too.

IsayFever

Slacked on my golden lotus dailies for a few days. Back to that grind now, should be revered like tomorrow or something. Almost have a 480 ilevel :>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mclem

What're the odds of that huh?

Sha kill #1: Tier legs
Sha kill #2: Tier gloves

We have a guild hunter who got 2pc from Sha over the past two weeks. Funnily enough, he's currently top guild DPS! Lucky so-and-so.

The entire western half of the map is phased based on the quests you are on, but there is usually a gathering of sprites by mistfall village.
The tricksters are the most annoying mobs ever to kill as a tank. I've got to the point where I just plain hope there's a guild DPS who can accompany me. Gathering a group up, only for one to stun me for them *all* to run out of range - in different directions - is irritating as hell.

I do get a slight impression that there's a lot of this expansion that's kinda shitty for established tanks thus far; quite a lot of situations where I just plain don't feel very useful.

Yes, I rage easily.

I'm calm and relaxed, generally; my keyboards tend to last. However, there's a side-effect.

You know when you've had a keyboard for a while - well, maybe *you* don't, but in general - you wear down through the lettering on the keys so they're just faded or blank?

I've gon one further. On several keys, i've worn through the *plastic*.

Robin64

Good morning, nerds.

Woke up early, before work, to plant today's crops so I didn't have to do it later when I got home. Always forget Wednesday is maintenance.

mclem

Good morning, nerds.

Woke up early, before work, to plant today's crops so I didn't have to do it later when I got home. Always forget Wednesday is maintenance.

I'm seriously considering changing our raid schedule to allow time for crops. Our raids end at midnight game time, meaning that if you don't do your crops *before* the raid, you'll miss the window - and some people log on immediately before.

Either that, or I'll start explicitly saying 'break now, if you need to do your crops, GET TO IT'.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eye of the Storm isn't Artifact quality anymore. It was the most meaningless thing ever and it still makes me sad they changed it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Finally hit 460 with....

2 brewest stam trinks, 1 agility ring, 2 tank pieces, and 2 pvp pieces on my frost DK. Didn't ninja anything, just worked out like that.

Lol.

Robin64

There are items in the new patch that let you either throw rotten fruit at players in the Brawler's arena or flowers. Rotten fruit has a chance to stun them while flowers increase their stats. This is going to be hilarious.

Nugg

I'm seriously considering changing our raid schedule to allow time for crops. Our raids end at midnight game time, meaning that if you don't do your crops *before* the raid, you'll miss the window - and some people log on immediately before.

Either that, or I'll start explicitly saying 'break now, if you need to do your crops, GET TO IT'.

Just harvest and plant new crops just after the raid, after midnight. As long as you do it once a day you're fine.

Bizazedo

There are items in the new patch that let you either throw rotten fruit at players in the Brawler's arena or flowers. Rotten fruit has a chance to stun them while flowers increase their stats. This is going to be hilarious.

The potential e-rage is going to be fantastic. More broken keyboards, I hope.

lordmrw

I'm continually shocked at the number of players who repeatedly get hit by Armsmaster Harlen's AOE. It just doesn't make sense. And then the same morons try to tell me how to dodge it even though I never get caught in it.

Rokam

I'm continually shocked at the number of players who repeatedly get hit by Armsmaster Harlen's AOE. It just doesn't make sense. And then the same morons try to tell me how to dodge it even though I never get caught in it.

Yeah I don't get it, you have so much time to run away it's ridiculous.

I only got hit by it once because somehow it pulled me down from a different level of the stairs. Which really I never should have been down there to begin with, but the tank positioned himself in a spot where I could not heal from above so I had to jump down.

Rokam

Then again I still see people get hit by Dragon's Breath on the last boss. Those same people move out of Book Burner when the beam is on them. People that don't get bone shield on Rattlegore... etc. Silly people.

Healer QQ. I am tired of raids pulling when healers are short on mana left and right. I know it is virtually impossible to prevent but it really offends my sensibilities as an old school raider.

syoaran

I think its hard to feign ignorance if you have any sort of raid warnings up, as it tells you what you need to do even if you don't understand the mechanics of the fight.

That said, it is still early days and theres far less emphasis at being good at heroics this time around (ty, daily valour points)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom