• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
looks like a blood elf model, undeads are still alliance humans right?

Undead can technically be anything (e.g. Deathbringer Saurfang), but in game the only members of the Forsaken faction are undead Elves (e.g. the Dark Rangers and Sylvanas) and former human residents of the kingdom of Loaerderon. The game doesn't let you be Forsaken elves, but I'm not really sure why - while it makes sense that there wouldnt' be many undead Orcs or Trolls, the Scourge marched all the way through to Silvermoon.

Draxal

Yeah, my ret paladin AOE is incredible with seal of righteousness, divine storm, hammer of righteousness, glyphed exorcism and holy prism. I don't think it ever was that good in the past. I also use the talent that gives me once in a while a proc for a free spell that acts as if i had 3 Holy Power, and when that thing procs 3-4 times in a row... holy shit does stuff dies FAST.

Ret's aoe was bad in WOTLK, but its cleave was incredibly strong. There's single target, then there is cleave (which is 2-4 mobs which generally you wouldn't want to use Seal of Righteouness with) and there's aoe which is 5 and higher. Divine Storm in Wrath hit just as Pandaria's TV, and with the ret tier bonus you could often chain divine storms 5 times in a row. I would dps tank heroics with divine storm doing 60% of the damage.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Undead can technically be anything (e.g. Deathbringer Saurfang), but in game the only members of the Forsaken faction are undead Elves (e.g. the Dark Rangers and Sylvanas) and former human residents of the kingdom of Loaerderon. The game doesn't let you be Forsaken elves, but I'm not really sure why - while it makes sense that there wouldnt' be many undead Orcs or Trolls, the Scourge marched all the way through to Silvermoon.

I know things got muddied a bit with the Cataclysm, but originally the forsaken were exclusively humans that died of the undead plague that the cult of the damned brought to Lordaeron, not just anyone who was killed and raised into undeath.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know things got muddied a bit with the Cataclysm, but originally the forsaken were exclusively humans that died of the undead plague that the cult of the damned brought to Lordaeron, not just anyone who was killed and raised into undeath.

But the dark rangers and Sylvanas have always been in the game.

A more salient reason all of the Forsaken are humans is because all models of the same race/gender have the same skeleton and they don't want to make multiple models so some of them can be Elfzombies.

Ret's aoe was bad in WOTLK, but its cleave was incredibly strong. There's single target, then there is cleave (which is 2-4 mobs which generally you wouldn't want to use Seal of Righteouness with) and there's aoe which is 5 and higher. Divine Storm in Wrath hit just as Pandaria's TV, and with the ret tier bonus you could often chain divine storms 5 times in a row. I would dps tank heroics with divine storm doing 60% of the damage.

Except cleave as an add-on to single target was phased out on purpose. You should be using DS as a cleave now anyways; TV is only better than DS if there is one target.

But the dark rangers and Sylvanas have always been in the game.

A more salient reason all of the Forsaken are humans is because all models of the same race/gender have the same skeleton and they don't want to make multiple models so some of them can be Elfzombies.

But those rangers were slayed in silvermoon but still most of the forsaken were humans until valkyrs spam mass ress stuff

strafer

They're testing some new cloak models too.

newCloak09.jpg
newCloak10.jpg

So I was just told in Ulduar you can essentially view cut scenes that show Bolvar being tortured by Arthas, some stuff with the black rock clan, and things like that. I've never seen these before. Does anyone have any links?

My biggest beef with WoW is that I've always wanted to know the lore via in game, but that the stories are usually told very poorly. THere's a lot of filler quest text that doesn't mean anything, and we all get to see that, but we don't get to see a lot of the big story beats. They're in books or some other form that doesn't lend itself to the game.

I'm curious what kind of performance hit the new models will bring.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I was just told in Ulduar you can essentially view cut scenes that show Bolvar being tortured by Arthas, some stuff with the black rock clan, and things like that. I've never seen these before. Does anyone have any links?

My biggest beef with WoW is that I've always wanted to know the lore via in game, but that the stories are usually told very poorly. THere's a lot of filler quest text that doesn't mean anything, and we all get to see that, but we don't get to see a lot of the big story beats. They're in books or some other form that doesn't lend itself to the game.

You see those cutscene when you jump into the portals during the fight with Yogg Saron, but they're not really cutscenes they're like mini events. You can see a few, such as the forging of the demon soul, the assassination of King Llane and bolvar being tortured by the lich king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDjwBaN0ang

CassSept

Here is a video of all visions. Not the greatest quality, but not many capture them as they happen during the fight with Yogg-Saron

The first one is Lich King torturing Bolvar (happens between 3.0 and 3.3, probably around the assault on Ulduar lore-wise).

Second one is forging of the Dragon Soul by the Aspects (happens 10,000 years before current timeline during War of the Ancients, first invasion of Burning Legion on Azeroth)

Third one is assassination of King Llane by Garona Halforcen during Siege of Stormwind (this is the act that de facto ends the First War, or in other words the canonical ending of Warcraft I).

To be honest, Wowpedia is by far the best source for lore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know I was always under the impression Divine Purpose was the weakest of the 3 in that tree purely because it was very random, but I've always loved randomness when playing a ret pally, that's why I play ret to get a huge giggle out of random procs.

I'm going to have to give it a shot later.

Divive Purpose procs rather often at 25%, so it's not that bad. The more haste you have, the shorter your cooldowns are, and the more often Divine Purpose can proc!

RPGCrazied

So yeah, you guys are right about tempest keep. But Kael is pissing me off. That mind control is bad enough, but why does it keep resetting? If not for that it would be cake.

Bisnic

So yeah, you guys are right about tempest keep. But Kael is pissing me off. That mind control is bad enough, but why does it keep resetting? If not for that it would be cake.

He shouldnt be mind controlling you if you're alone though. Not sure if he does that if you have pets.

It resets if he is mind controlling a pet of any class,you just have to hit him hard at the beggining to force him go to his second phase.

EDIT: Hunter? lol My friend use the Pack ability then retire the pet inmediately, I think he used the ice tramp to stun him.

Khezu

Hopefully if the model update is really that taxing, they can give several toggle options.

You
Player characters
NPC's.

Be able to toggle them on and off individually.

Honestly, I don't care if everyone else looks like shit, I just want my character to look nice.

Bisnic

Why did they have to make store mounts so fucking expensive. :( I could get a new game on Steam for that price.

RPGCrazied

And damn I want that fey dragon mount. But $25 for a mount. I know its always been this high, but it shouldn't be more than $15. But this one actually goes to charity, so I guess its worth it.

It changes colors as you ride it!

I want to buy more time to play but my friend told me it was month discount in december so I dunno to wait or buy more time this week.

Bisnic

And damn I want that fey dragon mount. But $25 for a mount. I know its always been this high, but it shouldn't be more than $15. But this one actually goes to charity, so I guess its worth it.

It changes colors as you ride it!

I believe that if all you want is the dragon, the only way money will go to charity is if you buy the 30$ bundle that have the dog companion.

RPGCrazied

I believe that if all you want is the dragon, the only way money will go to charity is if you buy the 30$ bundle that have the dog companion.

Bummer. I have no desire for the pet. But the mount looks super cool. I might cave. Ahhh, why do you do this Blizzard?

Ultratech

Don't think I could do it without my pet, then I'm constantly mind controlled. My ilvl is only 472 on him right now.

Grab some Timeless Isle and LFR gear then come back and go to town on his ass.

And Kael won't MC you if you're alone.

FYI, he can continue to cast MC during the last phase transition, so be aware of that.

RPGCrazied

Grab some Timeless Isle and LFR gear then come back and go to town on his ass.

And Kael won't MC you if you're alone.

FYI, he can continue to cast MC during the last phase transition, so be aware of that.

Yeah, been trying. Going through MSV right now. Finally got the Fang bow. I have a few timeless isle stuff. The green shoulders is hurting me though. lol

Angry Grimace

Blizzard can put new models out really fast (so long as players have to pay $25 to have it)

Bisnic

You can also chain-run a bunch of Heroics for lots of JP and use that to buy old 489/496 gear.

The only thing i hate for my alts is that if i want more than a blue weapon, i have to do LFR raids. :( I can get a full 496 set with Timeless Isle and JP, but not a weapon. :(

The only thing i hate for my alts is that if i want more than a blue weapon, i have to do LFR raids. :( I can get a full 496 set with Timeless Isle and JP, but not a weapon. :(

20k coins will buy you a 2-hander. 10k a 1-hander. 476, but it'll tide you over until flex/LFR SoO wing 1 puts out.

Angry Grimace

Same thing happened for the celestial horse thing and the golden dragon IIRC. And people still wonder why WoW is alive and kicking despite losing so many subscribers.

Someone asked Blizzard a couple days ago if they would change their policy on the price of character transfers and other character acts, or whether they'd allow bulk transfer. The response was basically:

xJNZYve.jpg

They need to make a mount equivalent of the I AM RICH app. Like rideable Blingtron that costs $500 in the Mount Store.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an RMAH-style "Black Market" open up on Draenor with the new Expansion. Blizzard's letting a lot of cash go to gold selling sites for the current BMAH.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's nothing blocking me from cross-server interacting with my friend once he has a battletag, right? Doesn't matter what type of different servers we're on, does it?

Undead female has a phat ass, feels weird man.

If we learned anything from Ysera, Alex, Sylvannas

tarecgosa_alexstrasza_ysera_by_tyricgosa-d5qifo9.png

Blizzard all about the hips now.,

Slayerx

I must stay strong, must not give in.....................

Remember, I am the guy who bought the cosmetic helm......

Someone, say something to stop me :(

Edit: Well this was really dumb and irresponsible, sigh.

You see those cutscene when you jump into the portals during the fight with Yogg Saron, but they're not really cutscenes they're like mini events. You can see a few, such as the forging of the demon soul, the assassination of King Llane and bolvar being tortured by the lich king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDjwBaN0ang

Here is a video of all visions. Not the greatest quality, but not many capture them as they happen during the fight with Yogg-Saron

The first one is Lich King torturing Bolvar (happens between 3.0 and 3.3, probably around the assault on Ulduar lore-wise).

Second one is forging of the Dragon Soul by the Aspects (happens 10,000 years before current timeline during War of the Ancients, first invasion of Burning Legion on Azeroth)

Third one is assassination of King Llane by Garona Halforcen during Siege of Stormwind (this is the act that de facto ends the First War, or in other words the canonical ending of Warcraft I).

To be honest, Wowpedia is by far the best source for lore.

Thanks, folks.

Any good guides for firelands? Think that's the next place I"m going to try and duo. I never played it when it was current content.

Rokam, let me know about that ulduar thing if you're down. I want to go through there and finish my armor set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom