• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The level 100 area of Tanaan Jungle has been pushed to a content patch.

All the single things that are being changed by themselves don't really bother me, the cities moving from SMV/FFR to Ashran was honestly surprising to me how many people were upset about it. (Although them trying to get get away with "That was never the plan" and then reneging on THAT when the Blizzcon slides showed up was pretty funny.)

I think it would've been cool, but it's also not a big deal to me. The Shrines in MoP were so boring and bland, and Stormwind/Orgrimmar in Cata were so lame I've given up on another Shatt/Dalaran awesome situation.

But all these things together getting cut/pushed at the last second, and garrisons being glorified trade districts instead of housing, they're really piling it on, on top of a 11 month dry spell for the game...

I don't know who can abide this? Why is the quality not rising with the huge decrease in quantity? I really can't see myself buying this expac until a few patches in if it's going to arrive so janked and incomplete.

AND it's like...how the fuck did they have the first year of MOP so solid with content, and then completely fall flat for the second? It's almost a joke how badly the content was delivered.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and starting a Death Knight. Started my first ever character early this year, was levelling a Hunter with the intention of gearing him for PvE. Got to level 62 and a few new releases distracted me and I never went back. Finally time to get back into it, Death Knight will be PvP however.

Can mount collecting be done pre 90 or should I just wait until I am 90 and somewhat geared before I bother? Thanks.

Rokam

But all these things together getting cut/pushed at the last second, and garrisons being glorified trade districts instead of housing, they're really piling it on, on top of a 11 month dry spell for the game...

I don't know who can abide this? Why is the quality not rising with the huge decrease in quantity? I really can't see myself buying this expac until a few patches in if it's going to arrive so janked and incomplete.

AND it's like...how the fuck did they have the first year of MOP so solid with content, and then completely fall flat for the second? It's almost a joke how badly the content was delivered.

We've also been told they have the biggest team they've ever had working on WoW at the moment. Does not compute.

Tamanon

Banned
Looking forward to getting home tonight and starting a Death Knight. Started my first ever character early this year, was levelling a Hunter with the intention of gearing him for PvE. Got to level 62 and a few new releases distracted me and I never went back. Finally time to get back into it, Death Knight will be PvP however.

Can mount collecting be done pre 90 or should I just wait until I am 90 and somewhat geared before I bother? Thanks.

I'd suggest just powering to 90. You can start running some raids once you hit 80 or so, but might as well make it easier and just push to the max first.

Rokam

WoD Box Art
BtWCnUACUAAOsNC.jpg:large

RPGCrazied

And if that box art is the art for the mousepad in the CE, I'm just getting the digital version. Which would be a first. I have all of the other CE's except Wrath's.

And if that box art is the art for the mousepad in the CE, I'm just getting the digital version. Which would be a first. I have all of the other CE's except Wrath's.

I hope they give us a map again. I didn't like the panda-pad or Deathwing portrait we got in the last two CEs.

At least I've still got my BC mousepad.

Salamando

Box-art Grom's piercing makes his nipple a lot more prominent than announcement-art Grom's...

I can't not get the CE at this point. I'm 5 for 5 right now. Can't break the collection.

Well in non-beta news, I made like 1000g (so far) off vision dust shuffling today.

Kinda peanuts for the time necessary to make and DE all those things though, but not bad in terms of return on investment (maybe 100g tops?).

If I had more bag space on my enchanter (main) it wouldn't have been as painful though.

Rokam

Game Text #86967 - But I will also help you as much as I am able. Together we will create for you an artifact of legendary power.
Game Text #86968 - With a core forged from the heart of Draenor's sun, this ring is a foundation upon which we will build a wonder.

Looks like Legendary ring.

Hmm new achievement strings for Day of the Dead stuff (plus item updates to Brewfest trinkets and Fire Festival + other things.)

Possibly pushing for an October release?

antonz

Hmm new achievement strings for Day of the Dead stuff (plus item updates to Brewfest trinkets and Fire Festival + other things.)

Possibly pushing for an October release?

I imagine a bunch of that stuff will be part of the 6.0 patch though thinking about it Ilvl 600 brewfest stuff is pretty high. I mean You don't even see ilvl 600 stuff by 96 in beta

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
New raptor models are baller. As if troll hunter wasn't already the best race/class combo in the game. Now there is truly no doubt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Horde chopper is on its way, and you need to log in now to claim it!

Your votes for Azeroth Choppers were counted, and one faction’s war cry roared loudest: the Horde bike will now be turned into a mount in World of Warcraft! Anyone who logs in to the game between now and September 30, 2014 will automatically have their account flagged to receive the Horde chopper upon the release of the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion. Everyone can (and should!) claim their chopper by logging in now, but as a reminder, only your Horde characters will be able to mount up and take it for a ride.

So if you're not subbed and logged in before Sept 30th, you won't get the mount.

Well, since my server sucks, and Open Raid is being quite bitch-like with garrosh runs, I'm going to be buying a carry on my server. FUUUUUUUUCK. Cannot believe it's like that right now. Any norms and flexes I can find all want 560 and want you to have killed Garrosh before.

I think I'm going to really consider transferring a few characters to a populated realm. I moved the one I'm on because of coworkers and raiding, but that broke up shortly after I got married last year. Not sure why I'm stick around. It's like a fucking ghost town.

Shahadan

I kinda wish they could keep one or two zones and a few levels in their bag until a month later or something.
Leveling and exploration is like 90% of my enjoyment of WoW and I'm always bored as fuck once I hit max level, knowing that aside from a shitty future island I won't have much pleasure until next xpac. I'd like a better flow of content.
They could for example add a small raid for let's say level 96 to keep people occupied during that time or something.

Of course it's impossible, but still.

In any case I think they should rethink the structure of their xpacs, they can never deliver and it's weird how you can burn through content in a week and then run the same dungeons/raids for months until a new one finally comes out, and then you can run this one endlessly too !

Ideally (for me) zones would be built differently (and released separately) so they have an overarching story and a big event at the end of each one requiring cooperation between players and stuff, kinda like the old ahnqiraj event in a smaller scale, or even a small raid. This would keep people involved and occupied until next zone is released, something like a month later. Basically a (way) better and shorter Thunder Isle.
There would be a great sense of common progression, with more people experiencing things at the same time, zones would feel more alive, and content would flow a lot better while allowing devs to breathe and keeping peoploe to be bored to quickly.
Would have also really worked with the "hey we're a small army invading and it's hard and long" story of WoD that will probably fall flat here btw.

I just splurged and bought a Blackfuse Bombling and Gooey Sha-ling after already not making much gold this week.

:<

The Bombling is so damn cute though! Gonna have to take it out for our Heroic SCBF attempts.

Was gonna farm gold today, but someone was always in my spot. Might mine later this morning though - bought 200+ Golden Lotus that I have to go through.

I started playing WoW again a couple of weeks ago, messing around on my more recent characters. Anyway I decided I liked the game enough to pre order the new expac.

My main character was always my death knight that I levelled at the start of WOTLK after retiring my level 70 rogue to the bin, I got up to ICC then my guild needed a healer so my DK retired.

I have just used my boost to fire him up to 90 so I can catch up on everything before the expac and get back in to my favourite character.

I am using a frost spec dual wielding, I done my first couple of heroics last night and was averaging 60k dps in these, is that acceptable?

The reason I ask is that the second run the tank done nothing but complain how awful my dps was, the top guy was doing 100k but we were moving that fast I didn't get a chance to even look at his gear.

Here is the current character I am playing, he is in that green set you get when you boost a character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Skott/simple

I am aware I have no gems and enchants but this set doesnt even have gem slots and surely it's worth waiting until I have better gear to spend gold enchanting? since I have only just returned my characters are all cash poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom