• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIT STRAFER JUST LINKED ME THE LOG IN MUSIC

I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS THE SONG THAT WAS LEAKED A FEW MONTHS AGO

BUT NOW IM LISTENING TO THE NEW ONE

IMPRESSIONS SOON

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i'm crying ;_; I'M CRYING SO MUCH

Yoshichan

i can't handle the ending, despite being such a horde fanboy

i'm crying soooooooo fucking much right now

witness

I started playing WoW again a couple of weeks ago, messing around on my more recent characters. Anyway I decided I liked the game enough to pre order the new expac.

My main character was always my death knight that I levelled at the start of WOTLK after retiring my level 70 rogue to the bin, I got up to ICC then my guild needed a healer so my DK retired.

I have just used my boost to fire him up to 90 so I can catch up on everything before the expac and get back in to my favourite character.

I am using a frost spec dual wielding, I done my first couple of heroics last night and was averaging 60k dps in these, is that acceptable?

The reason I ask is that the second run the tank done nothing but complain how awful my dps was, the top guy was doing 100k but we were moving that fast I didn't get a chance to even look at his gear.

Here is the current character I am playing, he is in that green set you get when you boost a character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Skott/simple

I am aware I have no gems and enchants but this set doesnt even have gem slots and surely it's worth waiting until I have better gear to spend gold enchanting? since I have only just returned my characters are all cash poor.

That starter gear is more than fine. Go to the timeless isle, loot all the chests you can find and grab 496 plate gear that drops off the rares. Very quickly you'll start to amass 496 gear. While you're doing that que for the Throne of Thunder LFRs as that's where your first raid upgrades will come from, 502 gear. Shouldn't take you very long to get up to 496 average so you can then run SoO LFRs.

That starter gear is more than fine. Go to the timeless isle, loot all the chests you can find and grab 496 plate gear that drops off the rares. Very quickly you'll start to amass 496 gear. While you're doing that que for the Throne of Thunder LFRs as that's where your first raid upgrades will come from, 502 gear. Shouldn't take you very long to get up to 496 average so you can then run SoO LFRs.

Brilliant, thanks I just found timeless isle last night so im currently parked there!

Magnus

I heard a snippet of the Alpha login music and got pissed at how wardrums-y and repetitive it was. Listened to the new beta login music and while it starts the same way it spirals off to new territory and really ends with some classic WC vibes. Ending is super strong. Is that in fact a riff on the human WC3 music? I had a listen to that too to compare and yeah, they're close!

Wace

My apologies, I wasn't able to locate official Warlords of Draenor beta keys thread, so should I post it here? The key, I mean, I don't need it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My apologies, I wasn't able to locate official Warlords of Draenor beta keys thread, so should I post it here? The key, I mean, I don't need it.

You could just pm it to me :p or do the modbot thing. Just don't post it in the open, or a bot'll snatch it

ampere

raid testing moved to monday

I totally missed that they were going to be today. I guess those fires and blackouts in Irvine are causing a lot of problems.

Looks like realms come back up today though. I'll probably try healing some heroic dungeons to see how Resto Shaman feels. Have only tried PvE tanking and PvP healing so far.

Hixx

"In beta-related news, we're completing the last of our checks as I type this, so I'm hopeful you'll be able to play beta within the next hour." About 15 minutes ago.

AU7Amsc.gif

edit: changed now to sometime today, no ETA :(

Magnus

First world WoW problems: I'm rockin one of each class all at assorted levels, but half are Horde on one server and half are Alliance on another. Aside from the rare BoA item, I can't take advantage of gear and profession synergies between the two groups of characters.

Bummer.

Faceache

Hope this works..

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719613.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Faceache, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warlords of Draenor Beta -- MB-55A7B33D9BAB99EC - Taken by Shahadan. 7 entrants total.

t1406327075z1.png

Nokterian

Hey guys so i am thinking to change my Human Warlock to Horde just because well also the mount but also doing for a new adventure. I am currently on Emerald Dream EU (i have been on that realm since the beginning also one of the oldest realms there is). But if i go to horde and also do a transfer to another realm are there any EU guilds or at least here on gaf that are willing to put me in there? I am very very casual,i play from time to time but at the moment don't expect to do raids or something.

Also when i do change to horde what race is fun? I know them all played them a bit but the choice is always hard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty cool getting to use stuff like Ghastly Charger in beta. I decided to run an Ally Shaman instead of Horde, so I can keep the Horde leveling experience fresh for me, but male Draenei look SO much better now. Like night and day.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The servers are up. Feel free to add me, I'm Çæðð on Beta Leveling Realm 01. BattleTag can be found earlier in this thread.

Tamanon

Banned
So the Horde chopper is out today to 30 this month.

Anyone knows if the chopper will be lost forever after that date? if so I will resub soon.

Supposedly you have to log in sometime between now and September 30 to flag your account. It won't be out until WoD is out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So are they going to instance this stuff when it goes live? Because they shouldn't have this many people packed into a zone anymore with zoning technology.

New Spirit Wolf form is cool, btw. Don't know if it differs between races like Druid though. Probably not.

Shahadan

Yeah it was always meant to be some trick to make you resubscribe :p
They should do something like this during the full year of whatever WoD's last raid is going to be.

(and I got the key from Faceache's giveaway ! Yay! Happiness is real!)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The new ghost wolf minor glyph increases run speed by 60% if activated outside of combat. That is incredible.

Stormstrike got a new animation too

Magnus

Wait Modbot is something we activate and use? I totally thought it was an actual human mod with a funny name.

Where's the info on this?

And of course I missed another one. Right after my last post. Lol

Yoshichan

So I've listened to the new log in song all day.

At work, at gym, on the bus omw home, while GAFing, while playing Hearthstone and soon I'm heading to bed and guess if I'm gonna be running the song on repeat in my headphones while sleeping?

ASOIF HSAOIFAOFAUOIHFPIAPIURIHB PAHRIUHA HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hixx

All I want is to kill the Council in LFR so I can get the fucking achievement and never have to put up with the morons fighting Horridon ever again. Stop putting me in groups that are on Horridon, game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom