• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
That new feral druid talent looks pretty awesome, two things would be amazing though if they could take it a step further.

1.) Either allow worgens to keep their form but in a new stance + unarmed (put those awesome unarmed animations to use) or allow people to use a minor glyph to turn into a werewolf. Kind of weird that the form references the scythe of elune, but it's a cat.

2.) Make armor models for this form so feral druids can finally see their gear on their character.

Also, what does blizzard mean that there's a glyph that totally changes fury's playstyle? Did they make a typo and mean the talent that removes bloodthirst's cd?

lazygecko

The new ghost wolf minor glyph increases run speed by 60% if activated outside of combat. That is incredible.

Stormstrike got a new animation too

I don't get it. Does it just give 60% more run speed, or is it 60% more added on top of the existing 40%?

And what's the new animation?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't get it. Does it just give 60% more run speed, or is it 60% more added on top of the existing 40%?

And what's the new animation?
Existing Ghost Wolf is 30% not 40%
Yes. So if you pop it in combat, it's the normal speed, but if you hit it out of combat, it's 90% mount speed.

The stormstrike has the same animation, but there's two trails of lightning that follow your weapons when you thrust them now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Caved and resubbed... what is there for a fresh 90 to do? Not really feeling pet battles or gardening. So far I've been to Timeless Isle, and now am doing LFR and raising two gathering professions. Is that still a profitable thing to do?

So I made it home in time for Norushen tonight after a concert. Got a sword!

And a HWF ring that I probably overpaid for (only upgrading a regular heroic 4/4 one), plus I coined a H Malkorok's Dog Tags (though a HWF one dropped, was too much in the hole to afford it when it would have been a better upgrade over my regular WF one - guy who won it upgraded from flex though so whatevs.)

Dinjooh

So I made it home in time for Norushen tonight after a concert. Got a sword!

And a HWF ring that I probably overpaid for (only upgrading a regular heroic 4/4 one), plus I coined a H Malkorok's Dog Tags (though a HWF one dropped, was too much in the hole to afford it when it would have been a better upgrade over my regular WF one - guy who won it upgraded from flex though so whatevs.)

Having only played 5.4 for a month or so, this was a huge load of mumbojumbo to me.

You've gotten dat phat lewt I presume?

antonz

Haha, managed to fubar my character just one hour into the beta. Pro tip: don't abandon your build garrison quest.

ouch.

I am kinda screwed myself. Apparently random people cant upgrade their garrison to level 2 even after they meet all the requirements. So Even as I push forward to 100 I am going to have a garrison not keeping up

Tacitus_

ouch.

I am kinda screwed myself. Apparently random people cant upgrade their garrison to level 2 even after they meet all the requirements. So Even as I push forward to 100 I am going to have a garrison not keeping up

Yeah, I saw people reporting that on the forums. I didn't get to find myself since I broke the garrison completely :lol (I wanted to see if the weird cinematic was reproducible.. but you couldn't repeat the rocket firing step so you get stuck)

Well, time to redo the intro chain, like I said, I only lost ~1 hour of gameplay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bummed that the new 'sound system' isn't in beta. I think I was looking forward to testing that the most. And the multiple clan designs of Orcs make me really think they need more customizing for the player racers. Killrogg looks way better than any Orc I can make, for example.

Definitely race changing my Shaman back to Orc when 6.0 hits though. They're too awesome looking not to, and there's some amazing looking fist weapons on NPCs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why? Do we have the script for that?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I found these two stuck in suspended animation.
wowscrnshot_072614_08ojxpa.jpg

What is the new sound system?

At Blizzcon they talked up all new sound effects, like feet running on certain kinds of textures and better directional sound.

lazygecko

Is that from the Valley of Trials in Durotar? They've been there since since Cataclysm. It's a reference to that painting (this is also referenced in one of the Forsaken paintings).

The updated sound effects I already know about... When you said sound system I was expecting something more fundamental like upgrading the whole sound engine.

One of the things that pissed me off was way back when they removed the toggle feature for having the sound from either the perspective of the camera or the player character. I always had it on camera. Their reasoning for removing it was simply that very few people used this feature. It just seemed so weird to me that this was grounds for just deleting the entire feature. For a time you could still configure this in the .wtf files, but after patch 4.0 it stopped working entirely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My guild got Heroic Garrosh down this week in under 10 minutes for our last 10 man raid. Pretty awesome.

My old roommate used to play Stepmania a ton and that sound would pop up so often.

Ingrained in my brain against my will lol.

I wanted to use some neo geo sounds, but I could barely find anything. I'm sure I'll change this soon because I hear the sound A LOT and that's bad with voice.

I wonder if the Horde chopper is activated for the entire Battle.net account or per WoW account. I don't have an active subscription at the moment so I'm wondering if logging onto my Starter Edition account would flag my Battle.net for it.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if the Horde chopper is activated for the entire Battle.net account or per WoW account. I don't have an active subscription at the moment so I'm wondering if logging onto my Starter Edition account would flag my Battle.net for it.

It's a mount, so if you can see your mounts from your normal account on your Starter, then you should be good. If you can't, then it's not all across the Battle.Net account.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are they ever going to do another 50% off character service sale? Hasn't been one in a year. Only thing I can think of is they're holding off until new models.

Currently levelling a Death Knight to 90 for PvP purposes, then after that I will finish my Hunter(currently 62) for PvE. Just curious what the best thing to do with my green/blues at this stage is; vendor, salvage, AH etc etc?

Much appreciated.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Since I just returned to the game, I'd take my advice with a grain of salt, but unless you want to keep them for transmogging, I'd just vendor them. It's what I've been doing.

Ultratech

Oh man, looking at all this Nagrand stuff is crazy.

Looks like the BMAH relocated there and happens to be selling some interesting stuff...
Screenshot had one of the old ZG mounts.

Also read something about Mounted combat as well.

Currently levelling a Death Knight to 90 for PvP purposes, then after that I will finish my Hunter(currently 62) for PvE. Just curious what the best thing to do with my green/blues at this stage is; vendor, salvage, AH etc etc?

Much appreciated.

If it looks good, consider keeping for Transmog.

If it's BoE, and you don't plan on using it for anything, put on the AH.

Otherwise, sell it or do whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom