• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Thinking back, the whole Kairoz questline is the kind of smart and cool things I want from Blizzard's storytelling. More of that please.

Making us players week after week empower the one thing that will directly cause the next expansion without us even knowing it at the time was one of the best thing they have done in recent years.
I hated that quest, but still!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Thinking back, the whole Kairoz questline is the kind of smart and cool things I want from Blizzard's storytelling. More of that please.

Making us players week after week empower the one thing that will directly cause the next expansion without us even knowing it at the time was one of the best thing they have done in recent years.
I hated that quest, but still!

Speaking of Kairoz, here's the Hellscream story with him in it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Leeroy voice and the shit he says is amazing

Those human male comparison pictures look great for once

antonz

Leeroy stuff is awesome.

Need to dig them up but I have some screenshots of adventures out in Burning Crusade with the real Leeroy. Really nice guy even when I hunted him with my horde lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Off work tomorrow so I'll try the green fire boss, and won't stop until I do it... Or go insane from frustration. Should be fun lol

Rhaknar

So whatever happened to the dance studio? They should really have delivered on that promise, would've been a blast

they teased it again when it was shown to be a building for your garrison, but that also didnt pan out (for now)

Kintaco

Reading how you were able to drop aggro on Kanrethad is so frustrating. That is one of the things that is screwing me up. I drop like a sack of potatoes. At least I can make it to the second set of imps, the only problem at this point he is only down to 70% health where the videos I see he is at least 50% down.

Marven

ALns0zl.jpg

Never thought I'd see a Bravest Warriors reference in WoW.

Rhaknar

Reading how you were able to drop aggro on Kanrethad is so frustrating. That is one of the things that is screwing me up. I drop like a sack of potatoes. At least I can make it to the second set of imps, the only problem at this point he is only down to 70% health where the videos I see he is at least 50% down.

it looks so "easy" on the videos, im sure its going to be a pain when i actually try it. Just like raid bosses videos, always looks easy seeing it done perfectly

Ugh! My Human male did not translate well into HD. I hate him! WTF is with this ridiculously bushy goatee??

Pardon the resolution, loaded it up on my Work machine because I thought I was in for a treat.

40177EE4-B0C0-4395-82CD-C4FD3199FAF6_zpsocq5t9qq.jpg

edit: oh god, this is giant on my screen...sorry about the size, all!

Kintaco

it looks so "easy" on the videos, im sure its going to be a pain when i actually try it. Just like raid bosses videos, always looks easy seeing it done perfectly
Yeah the videos looks so easy, looks like only a couple of things to really watch out for, but when I try it it's so overwhelming. Sadly it's not a gear check, so getting better gear is only going to help so much. I'm at 503 now, and done for the week. Did all the LFR's this week, I doubt I can even try Flex with that iLevel.

Ugh! My Human male did not translate well into HD. I hate him! WTF is with this ridiculously bushy goatee??

I love the puppy dog eyes. Lol.

Yeah the videos looks so easy, looks like only a couple of things to really watch out for, but when I try it it's so overwhelming. Sadly it's not a gear check, so getting better gear is only going to help so much. I'm at 503 now, and done for the week. Did all the LFR's this week, I doubt I can even try Flex with that iLevel.

I love the puppy dog eyes. Lol.

lol, I'm starting to laugh at him too. I made some changes in game, I may go full beard and go black hair...what I SHOULD do is calm the fuck down and understand this is all WIP.

Ran with the same guild tonight. Did heroic Dark Shaman and Nazgrim (both took I think 3 attempts). Put a few attempts into heroic Malkorok before doing normal. Did normal up to Thok and then skipped to Garrosh. Pretty good run for me. Rolled gold 6 out of 7 times but at least I got a heroic warforged neck from Dark Shaman. Wanted the trinket but I ended up winning it anyways. Also won a tier token from Garrosh to replace my flex shoulders for fire. Down to just 3 non-heroic pieces: belt (warforged), legs (tier), and damn flex trinket from Immerseus. T_T

Artanisix

How are DKs doing on the beta servers? Have they started soloing / 3-5 manning SoO norm yet?

I've heard a DK has soloed Downfall on LFR in the beta.

Rhaknar

I hate the dread wastes. Any other way to get the half level I need for 90?

If you've been doing all the quests you should be 90 halfway though shadopan land (whatever the zone is called) these days

Chris R

Well all the servers just died...

If you've been doing all the quests you should be 90 halfway though shadopan land (whatever the zone is called) these days

I left the Summit for the Steppes as soon as I hit 88. I guess I could go back there and finish those quests

Westlo

I'm going to have so many alts with these new models.

Blizz gonna rake in the dough with race/appearance changes..... people changing to a race because they look good now (human male actually looks alright finally), people not liking their updated version and than when blood elves come out later you'll have heaps going back to that... and of course they want to introduce new looks later on.... and maybe those new looks for blood elves will arrive later...

Edit - Fuck me, yesterday I gave a guild to some random in trade chat for fucking free and I forgot how much $$$ it took too get all 6 bank tabs lol. Went to buy the 6th tab on an alts guild bank and it's like 5k lol.

So it appears having multiple alchemists will be a boon, since flasks appear to be somewhat gated by a cooldown. Other professions appear to have similar mechanics (Tailoring and BS at least). but flasks will obviously be the highest volume of these, besides the reagents being needed for other alchemical creations.

Having multiple xmute alchemists has always been a boon, essence of air, truegold, primal diamonds living steel etc. I see a lot of "goldmakers" running with like 6-7 xmute spec alchs.... the only other profession that gets used so much is inscription for people who want in on the darkmoon cards and/or trinkets. Selling 3 trinkets the first faire is some good fucking cash....

Stormspire forums are saying that they think that Alch's won't have a Truegold/Living Steel equivilent in WoD though, seems Blacksmithing will have the big cooldown. I'm just going to cover my bases and go with 2 each of Alchemy and Inscription... I got 2 miners 1 for both factions (smelting makes some nice $$$, I made 142k off just saronite, ele and obs bars during MOP) but since 6.0 is going to be both factions on the AH I'll probably drop one of them and add another alch or scribe or whatever looks better....

I never hit a million cash in MOP.... (thanks to buying Jeweled Onyx, Sky Golem, Feldrake and battle pets...) will do it this time fo sho. Started out with 600k when I logged back in this week after not playing since Wing 3 came out for LFR in SoO...prob lost 100k worth of shit in the mail lol... couldn't restore them because it was too long a period....

I never hit a million cash in MOP.... (thanks to buying Jeweled Onyx, Sky Golem, Feldrake and battle pets...) will do it this time fo sho. Started out with 600k when I logged back in this week after not playing since Wing 3 came out for LFR in SoO...prob lost 100k worth of shit in the mail lol... couldn't restore them because it was too long a period....

Teach me your ways.

Rhaknar

green fire quest time guys, wish me luck (after i do my tailoring enchants which i forgot lol)

TheYanger

I hate the dread wastes. Any other way to get the half level I need for 90?

If you haven't been going around getting the treasures/BoA's, those are a SOLID chunk of xp - easily would ding you 90 and if you can get Xrealmed to a dead realm it's a solid bet.

Westlo

Teach me your ways.

What you rolling with? Max professions and current $$

If you got an enchanter with Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit and Sha Crystals are cheap on your server it might be a good thing to stockpile for 6.0.... Level 90 UBRS + Garrosh giving out heirloom items like candy to pug trade groups should mean a lot of enchant sales. Not to mention a lot of players will be back for 6.0... and it's suppose to last for a month or so I heard...

Still 100g each on my server so I'm kinda not stockpiling but I'm also not clearing out my stocks of shas and Dancing Steel/Jade Spirit....

I think most people will go DS or JS on their heirloom weapons.... I would anyway.

Rhaknar

welp first death was quick lol, imps raped me... no idea how they go down so fast in the videos with supposed shit gear, I was spamming incenerate with fire and brimstone and they were only at half health when i died, no idea how ill kill the puppies. anyway, lets try again :p

edit: 4 deaths now, this time i didnt notice he was doing chaos bolt because i was still trying to kill the imps :/

welp first death was quick lol, imps raped me... no idea how they go down so fast in the videos with supposed shit gear, I was spamming incenerate with fire and brimstone and they were only at half health when i died, no idea how ill kill the puppies. anyway, lets try again :p

edit: 4 deaths now, this time i didnt notice he was doing chaos bolt because i was still trying to kill the imps :/

Are you using all of your defensive cooldowns? My roomate had a hard time with that quest for a bit but kept getting much closer once he was specced properly and using all of his abilities.

Rhaknar

Are you using all of your defensive cooldowns? My roomate had a hard time with that quest for a bit but kept getting much closer once he was specced properly and using all of his abilities.

i just started :) got to the felpuppies now, and failed of course lol. this is fun tho, like a 1 man raid basically

game should have more of this

edit: whew false alarm, when you go back in it takes you to the boss at the end, thank god!

edit: yup this is hard alright :/

wowscrnshot_082214_11tjk84.png

I'm liking my Paladin. Male Human animations feel good:)

Night Elf males though. That running animation comes straight from hell. Still, beta is beta, I expect them to work on it. They better.

Shahadan

I'm more concerned about if they fixed the male nelf awful hands angle. Having an off hand item or fist weapon equipped make them go through your character's thighs -_-

Rhaknar

this is so fucking hard lol!

got to second puppy phase tho, messily but i did, thats progress!

edit: yeeeeeeeeeeah not to call shenanigans on those videos, but...that "you dont need gear" shit is bullshit

I got to 2 doomlords and he was only at 50%, no way I can do this with my gear tbh. and I take SO much more dmg than the dudes in the videos with the supposed shit gear, fucking pit lord breath to dispell me is like 24k a tic for example

M.D

Which one do you like more, Icecrown or Storm Peaks? I'm skipping Sholazar Basin for 76-78 and doing dungeons instead

I'm also considering skipping the Cataclysm content and doing 80-85 via dungeons while also focusing on leveling my professions

strafer

Which one do you like more, Icecrown or Storm Peaks? I'm skipping Sholazar Basin for 76-78 and doing dungeons instead

I'm also considering skipping the Cataclysm content and doing 80-85 via dungeons while also focusing on leveling my professions

Icecrown.

edit: yeeeeeeeeeeah not to call shenanigans on those videos, but...that "you dont need gear" shit is bullshit

I got to 2 doomlords and he was only at 50%, no way I can do this with my gear tbh. and I take SO much more dmg than the dudes in the videos with the supposed shit gear, fucking pit lord breath to dispell me is like 24k a tic for example

You could use the warlock ability that sacrifices the pets hp in exchange for a shield

Acidote

You don't need gear. I watched a friend while he did it with his new 498 warlock. He pretty much leveled it to 90, bought the book and went for it. Gear helps you a lot as it allows you to mitigate some mistakes, but it doesn't help you THAT much. Practice, positioning, perfection and good macros is what you need.

Rhaknar

You don't need gear. I watched a friend while he did it with his new 498 warlock. He pretty much leveled it to 90, bought the book and went for it. Gear helps you a lot as it allows you to mitigate some mistakes, but it doesn't help you THAT much. Practice, positioning, perfection and good macros is what you need.

498 is not a "new 90", thats like full timeless isle + at least ToT LFR on the other slots, he did not get 498 by "freshly dinging 90, buying the book and going"

Im 493 atm myself, and thats with timeless isle gear, a few ToT LFR stuff and a few 483 stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom