• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

I mean, the higher iLvl you are, the easier the green fire fight will be. I think I was about 540 when I did it. Took less than 10 tries but still died the attempt I killed him (with the pit lord finishing the job).

Yeah, this. If you're comfortable simply executing a good strat for longer, you can do it with sub-500 gear just fine. A purification potion will do away with the 'hard' enrage.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Does anyone know if the green fire quest and challenge modes will be removed on 6.0 or when WoD hits proper?

They said that the garrosh heirlooms will go to 100% drop rate for the first kill on 6.0, but be removed in 6.0.1.

But I can't find anything else for the warlock quest or the challenge mode dungeons other than theyre being removed in WoD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does anyone know if the green fire quest and challenge modes will be removed on 6.0 or when WoD hits proper?

They said that the garrosh heirlooms will go to 100% drop rate for the first kill on 6.0, but be removed in 6.0.1.

But I can't find anything else for the warlock quest or the challenge mode dungeons other than theyre being removed in WoD.

CMs are being removed for 6.0 likely due to the stat squish.
Green Fire is being turned into a FoS for doing it prior to 6.0 which grants you a title. The quest will still be in.

Magnus

100% drop rate for a first Garrosh normal or flex kill? Yeah. Ok. I'll just wait till then I guess, haha. Should be much easier to find motivated groups at that point.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
100% drop rate for a first Garrosh normal or flex kill? Yeah. Ok. I'll just wait till then I guess, haha. Should be much easier to find motivated groups at that point.

Well normal will be flex so..yeah.

With the release of Patch 6.0, the drop rate of the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh Hellscream on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will be significantly increased.

Players who have yet to get any Heirlooms will have a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a spec-appropriate Heirloom when defeating Garrosh on Normal difficulty or higher.

The chance of receiving additional Heirlooms beyond the first will also be increased.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did it with a fresh boosted destro lock with a couple timeless pieces, and a purification potion. I think I was 490. It can be done! Super fulfilling, too.

oh thats awesome to know. ill do ToT tomorow with coins on every boss, see where that leaves me, then enchant / gem my shit properly and have a go

at lest I got the hit trinket from ToT earlier (got into a raid just at that last wing 1 boss) which put me at hit cap, which i wasnt, so I dont need to reforge for hit

Nokterian

Oh yeah finally starting my green fire warlock quest! Excite :D

CMs are being removed for 6.0 likely due to the stat squish.
Green Fire is being turned into a FoS for doing it prior to 6.0 which grants you a title. The quest will still be in.

Oh damn well guess i am lucky to start it now while it is what it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reading some guides to the fight makes it sound super overwhelming, hope it's a "sounds worse than it is" thing

Agkel

Apparently I've been upgraded to Mist by Blizzard for free. Anyone wants the cd key of my retail copy I was waiting to redeem when WoD launched? I'll let it go for $7.00 paypal.

Fjordson

Oh shit, just saw a Scarab Lord on my server on his black qiraji mount. Haven't seen anyone in-game with that since way back when AQ came out on my original server. Jealous.

Oh shit, just saw a Scarab Lord on my server on his black qiraji mount. Haven't seen anyone in-game with that since way back when AQ came out on my original server. Jealous.

Most people essentially bought them. New servers would come out with none of the stuff unlocked, they gather a ton of shit, server transfer, hand in in a mass, profit. Transfer back.

Rhaknar

I had just resubbed and was 474 when I did it. Didn't even know you could do that purification pot hax! You'll be fine =P

Hope so. Got the legendary sha gem from the quest that I've been doing the early bits because... Why not since I'm farming t14 transmog, whacked it on the sha staff from terrace... Better than nothing I guess

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Any suggestions for a decent, cheap, low powered video card for throwing in my work pc? I've got the itch to level up alts while taking calls. Ideally one that wouldn't involve getting a new psu if possible. All I care about is playing WoW and older games.

I need more US Horde 90 friends to
ab
use for xrealm shenanigans.

Let me know if any of you fit the above criteria (and are ideally on a low pop server).

My characters are horde, I stopped at level 85 but could get to 90 pretty quickly when I resub, and I'm on Demon Soul, which was the lowest pop server ever back before a ton of people quit with cata.

RPGCrazied

Here is Robin.

3qVkEdI.jpg

Hopefully they can get permission for his real voice, still a pretty great representation. :)

BearPawB

Banned
i had basically given up on the green fire quest. Yall are making me want to try again...

I just...ugh. It can be so frustrating to fail that.

What is this purificaiton pot thing i can do?

*edit: Nope, i just can't. Half the time i even die to the imps.
Then i make it to felhunters. i know what to do. ive seen dozen and dozen of youtube videos. I just cantttttttttttttt.

I am so bad

Tomboy

Neo Member
i had basically given up on the green fire quest. Yall are making me want to try again...

I just...ugh. It can be so frustrating to fail that.

What is this purificaiton pot thing i can do?

*edit: Nope, i just can't. Half the time i even die to the imps.
Then i make it to felhunters. i know what to do. ive seen dozen and dozen of youtube videos. I just cantttttttttttttt.

I am so bad

I feel your frustration. I'm struggling with it, too, and everything I read or watch makes it seem like it should be much easier. The purification potion is this, but so far, I die way too soon to worry about needing it. I'm gradually getting better with practice, though, so I'm not ready to give up yet. Slow progress is still progress. So frustrating, though.

Kintaco

I couldn't even kill the damn imps on my 496 warlock. They wouldn't die as quickly as they did in the videos. :(
I had some crappy luck with drops today too. Still have the last two parts of SoO though, but out of seals.

BearPawB

Banned
I feel your frustration. I'm struggling with it, too, and everything I read or watch makes it seem like it should be much easier. The purification potion is this, but so far, I die way too soon to worry about needing it. I'm gradually getting better with practice, though, so I'm not ready to give up yet. Slow progress is still progress. So frustrating, though.

I actually got past the felhunters just now, then died to a shadowbolt, which was dumb.

I think i am just too slow on the imps. I do better when i hit the green fire right away

Rhaknar

Can a fellow lock explain something about this strat video on green fire

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hhrw0AERl8

He uses what looks like the aoe drain life to kill the imps but isn't that gone? At least it is for demonology, I went to aoe with drain life the other day and noticed it was only single target again, I guess they changed it?

And if so, how do you deal with the imps then?

The video / strat itself seems solid and his gear is quite low, nothing I can't get easily on LFR ToT

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

He uses what looks like the aoe drain life to kill the imps but isn't that gone? At least it is for demonology, I went to aoe with drain life the other day and noticed it was only single target again, I guess they changed it?

The video / strat itself seems solid and his gear is quite low, nothing I can't get easily on LFR ToT

Harvest life was the talent, it used to make drain life an AOE but now it just boosts the drain life spell.

Rhaknar

Harvest life was the talent, it used to make drain life an AOE but now it just boosts the drain life spell.

Ah, thought so. After fully watching the video (and another one) apparently you use fire and brimstone for aoe, whatever that is... I'm a destro nub, I play demo :(

Carry me through flex Garrosh 8(

That's much easier said than done. a) I don't raid flex anymore b) Even if I did, I only dps (don't have an adequate tank set, let alone the experience), so I can't really form a group around myself.

I already have to PUG (well, OpenRaid) normal Garrosh runs at the moment if I want to do him since we're progressing on Heroic Paragons now and don't have the time/people to cleanup Garrosh on normal. Especially since we've been extending at least every other week (6hr raid schedule), Blizz server screwups aside.

Rhaknar

Wow, a genie haha. Awesome idea from Blizz. Seems obvious now, but I was thinking they would just put him in as some human male. And that model is sweet.

theres more models with the name, a lady and a dude

strafer

There will be an increased Legion presence by the end of the expansion
There it is.

We won't see an alternative timeline version of Azeroth.
Bummer

Reputations in Warlords won't reward as many epic items as before, but you can still earn reputation with various factions for some rewards. It won't be anything like the Mists of Pandaria reputation grinds.
I'm okay with this.

Dunkley

abWH10j.png

I've finally made it through Battletron on my Resto Shaman after countless tries,

and I have to say, even though some people manage to faceroll this boss without problem, getting him down was some Dark Souls level achievement to me.

Meatball was a fantastic reward as follow up fight to the title, and overall I think Brawler's Guild is one of the most fun things there is to do in Mists. I hope it gets a second season in Warlords.

(sorry for the ugly SSAO btw., I was playing around with the Nvidia drivers)

Rhaknar

LFR ToT trolled me hard, out of the 12 bosses I got 2 random heads and pants and then tier head and pants (lol), and some random gloves (the ones I had to farm like a motherfucker on my mage for the transmog hah), all items I had 496 (so the jump to 502 is barely noticiable), and got a lot of gold from the coins compared to my mage runs.

I cant even enter SoO, im at 493 (well I could buy some 522 item and then resell it later after doing each wing) but after enchanting and gemming everything, I think ill give the quest a go like this, im already parked outside BT anyway. But not now because now I need sleep :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
(sorry for the ugly SSAO btw., I was playing around with the Nvidia drivers)

PFFT more like sorry for the ugly pandaren :p srsly I could never make a pandaren shaman. Draenei and Dwarf shamans are both boss on Alliance, and pretty much every horde race makes cool shaman.

Dunkley

PFFT more like sorry for the ugly pandaren :p srsly I could never make a pandaren shaman. Draenei and Dwarf shamans are both boss on Alliance, and pretty much every horde race makes cool shaman.

Honestly, I feel like the only reason I rolled a Panderen is due to the animations.

They're so good compared to the others. Glad WoD updates everyone else's to the same level.

Magnus

Rain of Fire on imp portal as they begin appearing, then Fire and brimstone - immolate, incinerate, incinerate. Refresh rain of fire and repeat if needed, but they'll probably be dead already. #Destro

Hey guys maybe one of you could help me out.

There used to be an addon back in 2008 called rphelper. What that addon did was stupidly simple. Your character would randomly say things in chat depending on what happened. Say an enemy hit you, you had a % chance that your character would say "ouch!" or something simmilar. I would never be stupid enough to use that in a raid or similar, but when questing with one of your friends it could get pretty hilarious and put a lot of life in the game.

Is there a similar addon out there at the moment?

Hey guys maybe one of you could help me out.

There used to be an addon back in 2008 called rphelper. What that addon did was stupidly simple. Your character would randomly say things in chat depending on what happened. Say an enemy hit you, you had a % chance that your character would say "ouch!" or something simmilar. I would never be stupid enough to use that in a raid or similar, but when questing with one of your friends it could get pretty hilarious and put a lot of life in the game.

Is there a similar addon out there at the moment?

The Curse Addon database has a whole section dedicated to Roleplay-centric addons. Casual search reveals SpeakinSpell. Seems to foot the bill although you might need to configure it yourself to react to getting hit by enemies.

Magnus

I flicked open Altoholic, and stared at the Rest XP column. 100% on some old alts I haven't touched in a year.

Logged onto the DK....shit, this is fun. The cool factor is off the charts. I'm in love with all their tier armor sets.

God damn it. Hooked to a new alt. Maybe I'll boost this fucker to 90 with my WoD purchase instead of the Monk. (I'm set on boosting one of them to 90 I think, to get the bags/flight training and profession boosts...but maybe I'll just take Rogue to 90 instead, since it's the only class I have that's still super low in the 20's).

I do get a bunch of down time DPSing in dungeons as Frost. Runes just...rune out. What am I doing wrong?

I'm making sure to use Plague Leech whenever possible to recuperate some runes, but otherwise, I eventually run out of runes and runic power (dumping it via Frost Strike). Against groups in dungeons, I typically apply both diseases to one, spread them via Pestilence and then use Blood Boil to AoE, and dump my RP with Frost Strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom