• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

I flicked open Altoholic, and stared at the Rest XP column. 100% on some old alts I haven't touched in a year.

Logged onto the DK....shit, this is fun. The cool factor is off the charts. I'm in love with all their tier armor sets.

God damn it. Hooked to a new alt. Maybe I'll boost this fucker to 90 with my WoD purchase instead of the Monk. (I'm set on boosting one of them to 90 I think, to get the bags/flight training and profession boosts...but maybe I'll just take Rogue to 90 instead, since it's the only class I have that's still super low in the 20's).

I do get a bunch of down time DPSing in dungeons as Frost. Runes just...rune out. What am I doing wrong?

I'm making sure to use Plague Leech whenever possible to recuperate some runes, but otherwise, I eventually run out of runes and runic power (dumping it via Frost Strike). Against groups in dungeons, I typically apply both diseases to one, spread them via Pestilence and then use Blood Boil to AoE, and dump my RP with Frost Strike.

DK rune regeneration will get better when you get to 75 and get the rune regen talents.

Kraftwerk

Decided to do some pvp with two good friends. Did lot of matches to get the vicious saddle.love my new wolf mount. In that process I went from zero pvp gear to full prideful in a single weekend.

I think my goal until WoD is going to be hitting 2400 in rbg's. I really want the classic vanilla pvp transmog for my warrior. The High Warlord title would be nice too.

I know a dude who leads a 2300 rated rbg team. Old friend, so I can join them and get carried :D

Also,doing all this pvp,it really makes me want to main my Druid for WoD. I have only ever used him for farming mats and mounts. I have always been a tank on my warrior, and the only other tank who has interested me so far is a bear. I am also going to be doing a lot more pvp in WoD, so a bear tank looks like fun. They are ridiculous when it comes to being a flag carrier.

At the same time, gladiator stance on my warrior for WoD siukd be interesting for pvp. Never got a beta invite, so haven't been able to test anything myself.

Kraftwerk

I'd love to get the saddle one of these days. My wife and I pvp from time to time but can't find any groups to do RBGs with on my server.

Significantly easier to get it doing 3's than RBG matches imo. Arena matches are a lot faster, and you should be able to cruise easily until 50-60 wins depending on your comp. neither of us had any pvp gear, and we still did it. Communication seems to be the most important thing.

The last 10 wins were the most frustrating. We had got to 1750 rating and all the team had a healer and we didn't. Really had to strategize to kill them.

There are RBG teams out there who sell the wins for the mount, but not cheap.

vocab

Do you guys think playing a class that is alright in pve, but just not fun at all in pvp a smart decision for wod?

I seriously cannot find a class that's fun and efficient at both.

TheYanger

DK rune regeneration will get better when you get to 75 and get the rune regen talents.

This. they're actually swapping those talents to 60 in WoD because it's absolutely stupid how much the class depends on them. Also your AE rotation is a bit wrong :) If you're frost your AE rotation is: Howling Blast. Death and Decay.

strafer

HOLY SHIT
I just wanted to confirm that this build will have 5 new Player Character Models. Troll Male and Female, Human Male, Tauren Female, and Night Elf Male.

We've mentioned this before when models are first shown to you folks in beta, but I wanted to stress this point again: These models are a Work-In Progress. Things will not be perfect, and our QA testing of these models (and the subsequent bug fixes) are not yet complete.

I do hope you enjoy the models and give constructive feedback as appropriate, but please keep this is mind when looking at the models today.

Kintaco

Damn, I am such a horrible Warlock. I at least made it to the Fel Hunter stage this time, but I am too slow and get tunnel vision too much. It doesn't help that I click way too much.

Magnus

This. they're actually swapping those talents to 60 in WoD because it's absolutely stupid how much the class depends on them. Also your AE rotation is a bit wrong :) If you're frost your AE rotation is: Howling Blast. Death and Decay.

Noted; good to hear about the swap.

What comes after DnD? Howling Blast again? Haha. Consider me super fresh to this class. All I really know is what's on Icy Veins.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
HOLY SHIT

pQYQvvO.gif

Finally.

TheYanger

Noted; good to hear about the swap.

What comes after DnD? Howling Blast again? Haha. Consider me super fresh to this class. All I really know is what's on Icy Veins.

Oh, I was saying that tongue in cheekly not literally 'cast HB once then cast DnD once' it's actually just HB spam and hit DnD when it's up. That's AE. Even the DnD is vastly below the howling blasts for priority. Howling Blast. Just say it, you'll feel awesome. You've now learned to DK.

Howling Blast.

CassSept

Great login screen, Dark Portal as expected but hell, it's too bright for my liking. A little bit more subdued shade of red and a little zoom out and it would be perfect though.

So it appears having multiple alchemists will be a boon, since flasks appear to be somewhat gated by a cooldown. Other professions appear to have similar mechanics (Tailoring and BS at least). but flasks will obviously be the highest volume of these, besides the reagents being needed for other alchemical creations.

lazygecko

BvlwCwXIUAAdyky.jpg:large

It's pretty nice. Much prefer it to MoP's unless it's changed drastically before launch.

Seems like a victory in the SS v TM battleground is the source of the Hogger pet.

This is pretty much exactly what I wanted.

I remember back before we knew what the Cataclysm login screen was going to be. Sick of having to deal with Sindragosa for so long, I jokingly speculated that it was going to be Deathwing roaring in your face. Ho boy.

WORK IN PROGRESS AND ALL THAT DISCLAIMER

The cheeks seem puffier.

Nokterian

BvlwCwXIUAAdyky.jpg:large

It's pretty nice. Much prefer it to MoP's unless it's changed drastically before launch.

Seems like a victory in the SS v TM battleground is the source of the Hogger pet.

Dat nostalgia feel from Vanilla and TBC so fucking good! I love this always my favorite login screen.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Dat nostalgia feel from Vanilla and TBC so fucking good! I love this always my favorite login screen.

That's kinda what this expansion feels like it's going for, without even trying to be subtle about it.

They took the story and rewound it 30 years in game time, but they're trying for 10 years real time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think human males officially win most improved. Maybe not the best models, but they're not ape men now. They're... They're decent looking. Hell, mine is almost handsome.
95J2Yk6.jpg

Tomboy

Neo Member
Ah, thought so. After fully watching the video (and another one) apparently you use fire and brimstone for aoe, whatever that is... I'm a destro nub, I play demo :(

I play demo. I use the Mannoroth's Fury talent + hellfire for the imps, although I'm not doing well at all so I'm not sure I'd take my advice. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom