• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repgnar

Thought they said it will convert to gold but I haven't heard the exact amount.

Any Resto Druid Arena/pvp players here? After gearing up and getting a good grasp of how to play a rogue I'd like to learn a healing class pvp-wise before WoD comes out. If there are druids here that wouldn't mind me asking them questions over pm's i'd appreciate it. Currently i'm just learning through youtube vids and bg's while I get my honor get finished.

Fjordson

How do you guys have so many Charms? JFC. I get like the 50 I need each week in about 40 mins on the isle. I can't imagine doing that much farming to arrive at the 3000+ totals some people have.
Lots of time on the timeless isle and I did a lot of dailies. I think I hit 8000 on my hunter last week and I'm already above 3000 on my shaman :lol

How do you guys have so many Charms? JFC. I get like the 50 I need each week in about 40 mins on the isle. I can't imagine doing that much farming to arrive at the 3000+ totals some people have.

Early reputation grinds with all the new factions netted me over 1400 very quickly since they poured out of dailies and I was eager to cash them in on early LFR runs. Continued grinds on some of the later factions pushed me over 2k. I'm not sure where I sit now, probably somewhere between 3~4k, going down since I stopped doing dailies on my main.

I hope Blizzard is planning an awesome world event for the release of Warlords. The zombie invasion was a blast! I had a ton of fun running around with friends fighting zombies then dying and infecting them. That was such a cool event.

Hixx

I hope Blizzard is planning an awesome world event for the release of Warlords. The zombie invasion was a blast! I had a ton of fun running around with friends fighting zombies then dying and infecting them. That was such a cool event.

We get a pretty naff questline and a cutdown version of the new UBRS for a while.

Enosh

well i finally did it, every* class at 90

http://shrani.si/f/3H/8I/2qVz4mKV/wowscrnshot090414024033.jpg
http://shrani.si/f/1c/KO/1HFXfRTJ/wowscrnshot090414024046.jpg

god I hate leveling but now I never have to do 1-90 again unless my servers die or I decide I really need an alliance rogue or warlock (I don't)
only had 3 at 85 going into mop so had to do the rest from level 1

*you might have noticed the druid is 60 which isn't 90 :p that's because I'm boosting that one when I get WoD, don't have a credit card so have to wait for retail release, but I consider the 1-90 process to be basically done ^^
**yes I'm shit with names

Ultratech

im never gonna get those T14 LFR shoulders :(

old? WoW free until september 26th?

http://media.blizzard.com/emails/fwow/wowfinal.html

if true thats cool cause my sub is up before that

Yeah, seems it's just for new people.

Can I still get the wolf in 6.0.2?

Getting to the point where I may just pay for it.

The one you get for beating Garrosh on Normal?

Nope.

August 29th, so 4~ days and I'm 9/9. Get some 18 second invisibility pots, oqueue, and watch some videos if they don't want you to get into vent or skype. Just lie when they ask if you're 9 out of 9.

Gotdamn.

Sounds like what I need to do.

Just finally got my Hunter geared out for CMs, so I may try that later this week or this weekend.
(Hopefully nobody asks for Achievements. :\ )

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
well i finally did it, every* class at 90

http://shrani.si/f/3H/8I/2qVz4mKV/wowscrnshot090414024033.jpg
http://shrani.si/f/1c/KO/1HFXfRTJ/wowscrnshot090414024046.jpg

good I hate leveling but now I never have to do 1-90 again unless my servers die or I decide I really need an alliance rogue or warlock (I don't)
only had 3 at 85 going into mop so had to do the rest from level 1

*you might have noticed the druid is 60 which isn't 90 :p that's because I'm boosting that one when I get WoD, don't have a credit card so have to wait for retail release, but I consider the 1-90 process to be basically done ^^
**yes I'm shit with names
Impressive stuff. i think i like leveling more than endgame though.so i enjoy it.

One thing that stuck out to me just now while wrapping up the last few quests in Nagrand (im almost 75 now.. im guessing ill end up at 78-79 before i move onto Northrend.. anyway). While going to turn in i happened to look at my backpack to make room. The amount of quest items in TBC is pretty crazy. There are 11 different items in my pack.. there would also be some others like Coilfang Armaments but they are grey vendor trash now (also missing are the different spores from Zangarmarsh). No other expansion comes close to anything like this.

vC6IMzQ.jpg

Minion101

Banned
Impressive stuff. i think i like leveling more than endgame though.so i enjoy it.

One thing that stuck out to me just now while wrapping up the last few quests in Nagrand (im almost 75 now.. im guessing ill end up at 78-79 before i move onto Northrend.. anyway). While going to turn in i happened to look at my backpack to make room. The amount of quest items in TBC is pretty crazy. There are 11 different items in my pack.. there would also be some others like Coilfang Armaments but they are grey vendor trash now (also missing are the different spores from Zangarmarsh). No other expansion comes close to anything like this.

vC6IMzQ.jpg
What bag add on is that? It's perfect for me

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Vanilla was just like that! BC is so outdated heh. At least it's very fast and you can only do the efficient quests.

Definitely but i didnt get the chance to really notice it this time because 1-60 completely different now. If i ever want to take a trip down memory lane im used to logging in my old Vanilla druid. So much useless garbage i cant bring myself to destroy.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So im finishing up Nagrand and im surprised to find the Greatmother Geyah quest is in. i thought it would be pretty cut up badly like Wrathgate/Battle for The Undercity. This pleases me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vanilla was just like that! BC is so outdated heh. At least it's very fast and you can only do the efficient quests.

Their might actually be more of it in TBC in a smaller space. The zones were way more quest dense in TBC and they all revolved around "fast" leveling by killing a bunch of different groups of mobs in the same area and looting shiny piles so if you were questing you'd end up with quite the array of quest goodies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
This Greatmother Geyah quest with Garrosh and Thrall is one of my favorite moments in the game. Interesting to see it again after knowing how things all play out. There should be a Feat of Strength for killing Garrosh while having his Nagrand Buff. Give a title like Time Anomaly or something.

TheYanger

Definitely but i didnt get the chance to really notice it this time because 1-60 completely different now. If i ever want to take a trip down memory lane im used to logging in my old Vanilla druid. So much useless garbage i cant bring myself to destroy.

My original toon's bank is like, 50% deprecated items. I can't get rid of them T_T

CassSept

Since they revamped a ton of skills since then my bank alt is useless these days but I still use it to store things like ZG quest items or more ancient stuff like paladin reagents or rogue crap like poison ingredients or vanish/blind powder. Thank god the latter two don't need reagents any more.

1up

I'm trying to finish off Deck your Collection and I'm missing 2 cards.

Ro-Shambo only comes from your farm plots and this RNG is killing me. This is all going to be removed in 6.0 and it's so aggravating.

I have two farms going and might try getting a 3rd farm going just to get this item. At least with the last one I need, The Blind Hero, I can farm the bags on level 1s.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Ro-Shambo only comes from your farm plots and this RNG is killing me. This is all going to be removed in 6.0 and it's so aggravating.

I have two farms going and might try getting a 3rd farm going just to get this item. At least with the last one I need, The Blind Hero, I can farm the bags on level 1s.
I just started Brawler's Guild yesterday because I randomly got Ro'shambo without trying. I'm sorry

If it makes you feel better, I need the level 25 pet one (have never bothered with pet battles) and the Tolvir archaeology one

ampere

Speaking of bag space and storing items... I feel like that is one of the sleeper hit features of Warlords. Sure, everyone who has been following it closely probably knows about the changes, but I'm sure a lot of players will log on when 6.0 hits and be blown away.

Crafting mats get a separate bank tab and stack to 100, the account wide Toy Box... another page of Void Storage, I mean I'm pretty excited :). I'll probably have to re-do a bunch of old quests to get 'Toys' that I discarded due to bag space problems.

Supposedly in 6.1 we'll get the Tabard Tab and Heirloom Tab, like the way mounts are stored currently. This would be very awesome.

Then down the road there is a chance they make Transmog more like the Diablo system so you don't have to keep the items if you don't want to.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Completed my cloak on my druid last night. After going 1/8 in Soo, I ended up getting 5/6 stones in ToT. All in all took me 7 weeks to get the cloak since boosting the druid.

Now I need to get a normal garrosh kill, 9/9 gold CMs, and endless healer complete. Still need to level 2 professions but undecided.

1up

I just started Brawler's Guild yesterday because I randomly got Ro'shambo without trying. I'm sorry

If it makes you feel better, I need the level 25 pet one (have never bothered with pet battles) and the Tolvir archaeology one

I never did pet battles before this. Did it just to get that one card from the Penguin.

Anyone done the timeless isle pet tournament? I REALLY want a tiger cub and the jade serpent. I don't have 15 level 25s yet though. I've got six. Not sure of the quickest and best way to grind that shit out either. Anybody here done it?

1up

Anyone done the timeless isle pet tournament? I REALLY want a tiger cub and the jade serpent. I don't have 15 level 25s yet though. I've got six. Not sure of the quickest and best way to grind that shit out either. Anybody here done it?

I have been killing marsh fiddlers in front of the Grasshopper legendary on a 85 char.

Just get the pet you want to level on the top of your list, hit the first guy with a damaging ability and then bring out another pet to kill the rest of them.

I have a blue emperor crab that I got from Dread Wastes to finish the rest off. Just keep using shell shield, renewing mists, and claw and you are unkillable.

I went from level 85 on my monk to 87 just leveling battle pets.

Felspawn

I've started a Death Knight. What have I done? Their starting area is horrendous.

i didnt think their starting area was bad, and its over in a hour or two anyway. What sucks is being a freshly minted level 60 DK and having all out outland and Northrend to plow through.....

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've started a Death Knight. What have I done? Their starting area is horrendous.
You used to be able to escape the starting area by some simple disconnection tricks using an XYZ location that was marked as "unknown" and auto unstuck. But it's been fixed since long, though you can still explore the entire map if you like. There's also a long standing rumour that RAoV (Google if you haven't heard) found a way to teleport other classes to this instance and have them complete the quests there. But I've never seen it verified (probably some information on it in the Elite section of Ownedcore).

Magnus

:eek:

Wha?

All of the class and race-specific starting areas are so awesome, IMO. The DK starting zone made me wish something similar existed for all classes. :(

(edit- my comment excludes the BE and Draenei starting zones, lol)

Windam

Scaley member
:eek:

Wha?

All of the class and race-specific starting areas are so awesome, IMO. The DK starting zone made me wish something similar existed for all classes. :(

(edit- my comment excludes the BE and Draenei starting zones, lol)

DK starting zone is fantastic.

Yer nuts!

I much prefer the Night/Blood Elf starting zones. They can get so... pretty. I've found the DK zone is pretty barren.

Magnus

vC6IMzQ.jpg

In nearly 10 years of playing, I've never really used any bar or bag addons. This image has single-handedly changed my mind on the latter.

Holy shit. I need this.

StMeph

Rösti;128441102 said:
You used to be able to escape the starting area by some simple disconnection tricks using an XYZ location that was marked as "unknown" and auto unstuck. But it's been fixed since long, though you can still explore the entire map if you like. There's also a long standing rumour that RAoV (Google if you haven't heard) found a way to teleport other classes to this instance and have them complete the quests there. But I've never seen it verified (probably some information on it in the Elite section of Ownedcore).

After reading your posts, sometimes I think I am playing WoW wrong.

Magnus

I got AdiBags, and it's mostly great so far.

But already, I have a problem. I can't simply buy an item from a merchant anymore, unless I specify quantity. Even if I just want to buy one of something.

This is the reason I hate most UI enhancing addons. Something always breaks.

edit-

Now it's suddenly working.

Fuck.

TheYanger

The stupid rock was the last one I got, and the archaeology one. Don't give up.

Are you kidding? The DK starting era was the absolute first quest zone with 100% modern sensibilities, it's great. I've done it enough times I can blow through it in like 30 minutes at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom