• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Don't forget the live chat today with Blizzard on twitch in like two hours, but we know a lot about WoD already, so might not be anything new to know.

Goddamm I wanna roll a Lock so bad and attempt for Green Fire but I'm unsure what race I wanna make it, then ontop of that just for it to completely change when warlords drops. I almost might just wait until WoD to roll it. Ugh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well none of the races are "completely changing" with WoD, they are just looking better.

I've actually had every warlock-capable horde race except Belf at max level over my WoW career, but my current one is troll which is always a good choice. Undead are particularly awesome looking with WoD as well.

strafer

Did you guys see the new Chogall model?

chogall.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That's been in beta for a little while now. It's just a toned-down version of his cata model, which has some of the more lore-heavy folks peeved as he still wouldn't look like that yet back on Draenor.

TheYanger

Some people will get their panties in a wad over anything. They're not going to make a new Cho'gall from scratch just for a small role. Our best case scenario otehrwise would probably just be his name on top of a regular ogre model.

Skab

Some people will get their panties in a wad over anything. They're not going to make a new Cho'gall from scratch just for a small role. Our best case scenario otehrwise would probably just be his name on top of a regular ogre model.

Yet they made a new Gruul model.

Tacitus_

Tbh that would be better. Those black growths look so weird on him.

Westlo

Damn milling is a nice money maker atm, I haven't milled a herb in a long ass time... kinda scarred from doing so much milling in the final months of Cata to set up my gylph and ink stockpile for MOP... which I probably didn't dent 70% of...

24 stacks of green tea for 15g each = 360g outlay.
got 11 starlight inks
118 ink of dreams so another 11 starlight inks
so that's 7 inscription shoulder enchants that go for 150g each

So about 1k back for 360g outlay and all I had to do was hit a button while browsing my smartphone with my other hand.

Or I can just trade in ink of dreams for blackfallow and sell Mysterious Fortune Cards @ 12-15g each and make back even more.

Kinda interested in how the economy will go forward in WoD with shared auction houses (I guess not that big a deal considering that merged realms is kinda the same) and how they're reworking all the professions in WoD and the effect of garrisons.

Jewelcrafting and selling gems will be completely changed in this expansion.... all thos cooldowns plus it looks like getting a jewelcrafting building in your garrison to pump out extra taladite crystals is a must...

There's no pleasing WoW players.

You know it's great that they are keeping faithful to the old designs.... but a little extra choice isn't a bad thing either... I really wouldn't want to wait an expansion or two for them too add a few new options...

CassSept

Wait, guys, there is a multitude of two-headed ogres in WoD? Ogre magi are not rare at the time of the opening of the Dark Portal?

utJeBfU.gif

Felspawn

Wait, guys, there is a multitude of two-headed ogres in WoD? Ogre magi are not rare at the time of the opening of the Dark Portal?

utJeBfU.gif

Lore is there to make the world richer and more detailed. not to become a restrictive straight jacket to the story. Retcons are not the end of the world.....

CassSept

Lore is there to make the world richer and more detailed. not to become a restrictive straight jacket to the story. Retcons are not the end of the world.....

Somewhat stupid of them to use the setting only to retcon the hell out of it though. I just find the sheer amount of past lore retconned funny, don't mind me :p

strafer

• You will be able to swap Outposts at Level 100.
  • Level 3 blueprints will be account-wide, as they are unlocked from achievements.
  • Death Knights that are exalted with Knights of the Ebon Blade will be able to recruit all Death Knight guards.
  • Vol'jin's Shadow Hunters will show up in Warlords of Draenor.
  • Some of the max level areas in Draenor are group areas.

Anoregon

What does this mean?

While leveling through the zones, you are sometimes given a choice for a garrison upgrade - lumber mill or gladiator arena, for example. You will be able to reverse that choice at 100, apparently.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
From MMO-Champion's writeup of the Q&A with the developers:

The legendary quest has you working with Archmage Khadgar to build a legendary ring over the course of the expansion, starting at level 98. There aren't any PvP elements or long grinds in this questline this time.
I hope this means that the more exclusive legendary item isn't scrapped. If it was a weapon or shield instead of a ring, I wouldn't mind. But just a legendary ring over the course of an expansion, more dull than the cloak.

While leveling through the zones, you are sometimes given a choice for a garrison upgrade - lumber mill or gladiator arena, for example. You will be able to reverse that choice at 100, apparently.

Gotcha, thanks.

I am really considering Faction Changing to Alliance because of how naff the Horde Garrison looks. It sounds like the Garrison is going to be a massive part of the WoD experience, and I don't want to spend that time thinking how much more appealing the other faction's setup is...

Magnus

I'm concerned about making wrong, irreversible decisions about Garrisons.

Can everything be scrapped and changed at 100?

I mean, I like the idea of going in blind, making the best decisions I can and seeing what happens. But in a game like WoW, you really don't want to make far-reaching decisions that will severely affect your gains for the duration of an expansion.

M.D

Go to the Vale, it's not a questing zone. Just go there to unlock the capital and go back to Dread Wastes after that.

Yup, that's what I did.

Finally 90! feels great man ;p
Dread Wastes questing was really fast compared to the other zones in Pandaria

What do I do now? I heard there are some quests you need to take when you reach 90?
Also, what about gear? Can I just go to Timeless Isles and start killing shit?

Tamanon

Banned
Yup, that's what I did.

Finally 90! feels great man ;p
Dread Wastes questing was really fast compared to the other zones in Pandaria

What do I do now? I heard there are some quests you need to take when you reach 90?
Also, what about gear? Can I just go to Timeless Isles and start killing shit?

Grab your legendary quest from the shrine. Get your flying. Get your heroic deeds quest from the shrine and then start the Timeless Isle and get some 496s to start. Rock some LFRs to get more gear and you're on your way.

fuzzyset

Grab your legendary quest from the shrine. Get your flying. Get your heroic deeds quest from the shrine and then start the Timeless Isle and get some 496s to start. Rock some LFRs to get more gear and you're on your way.

To add on, I used http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1mkwf8/faq_im_a_fresh_90_how_do_i_gear_up_patch_54/ back in March when I hit 90 . pretty sure it's still relevant.

Edit: the biggest change is that you can chain grind lfd dungeons for Justice to buy a 522 PvP set.

Anoregon

I mean, I like the idea of going in blind, making the best decisions I can and seeing what happens. But in a game like WoW, you really don't want to make far-reaching decisions that will severely affect your gains for the duration of an expansion.

It looks like nothing will be irreversible with garrisons.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ehh, they can spread those to 90 90 90 90 and it'd be a lot smoother. You're talking about only 90 days to go through a raid tier the way you're discussing it, which is way too short. There's no harm in letting people play with a piece of content enough until they're actually ready for the next one, they don't just have to go through it once.

Patch cycles isn't exactly the best way to consider it either since those aren't all major raid tiers, but it works ok enough. Realistically every tier can easily support 6 months unless it's SUPER short. Mists tiers were all really long, they all could have gone on longer and nobody would've complained, and then we'd be looking at like 8 months of siege instead of 12. That's a LOT less bad.

No cause 5.0 was MSV, HoF, and ToES right? and then 5.1 was krasarang dailies and then 5.2 was ToT, so it was 161 days for the first tier, 5 and a half months. So MSV and ToT were 6ish months, and SoO was a year. Dumb.

At least no one can say they're milking their playerbase, if they really wanted they could've had the tiers last a lot longer by just artificially delaying their release.

Instead they've just horribly mis-managed their time and resources and can't release an expansion on schedule.

Tacitus_

You will only lose your investment of garrisons resources if you want to raze a building and put something else in that plot.

TheYanger

No cause 5.0 was MSV, HoF, and ToES right? and then 5.1 was krasarang dailies and then 5.2 was ToT, so it was 161 days for the first tier, 5 and a half months. So MSV and ToT were 6ish months, and SoO was a year. Dumb.

At least no one can say they're milking their playerbase, if they really wanted they could've had the tiers last a lot longer by just artificially delaying their release.

Instead they've just horribly mis-managed their time and resources and can't release an expansion on schedule.

Er..right I actually got that when I said change them all to 90, and wrote the wrong thing. The tiers were too short, period. 60/90/60/90 wasn't enough time for any of those patches, nobody was going to cry foul and quit over 30 more days for them. Maybe even 60.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Er..right I actually got that when I said change them all to 90, and wrote the wrong thing. The tiers were too short, period. 60/90/60/90 wasn't enough time for any of those patches, nobody was going to cry foul and quit over 30 more days for them. Maybe even 60.

You're absolutely right.

But looking at the schedule is like..what happened? They go from releasing them too quick to over a year long gap between content.

ampere

The first tier especially benefits from being longer. Let's face it, not everyone rushes to level cap and even some decently strong guilds need time to get progression started. I love to rush to cap, but when I tried to get a group together for MSV the week it opened... I had to grab scraps so to speak. We could only clear 4 bosses on normal the first week and had way too much trouble meeting dps checks on the bosses we did clear. Won't call that guild I was in 'strong', but more time before the opening of HoF would have helped us.

I am really excited about the prospect of having ~2 months for just Highmaul. Especially since my guild is a 2 night group so having multiple raids release at once would be very overwhelming.

Hixx

Forgot how brilliantly fun Death Knights can be. Levelling an Alliance one in prep for WoD and its an unstoppable killing machine with zero downtime. Dark Succor + Dark Pact + Howling Blast = non stop aoe pulls. Quests fly by in seconds :3

Got a level 86 Orc DK with full raid gear from Cata as well but going to leave it as I want to swap from Horde; double Rime procs plus the AoE pulse trinket... insane. Great class. Dunno why it took me so long to decide on it.

The only problem is the way they hand out abilities. So many important ones (even passives) come like 20 levels after they should. Things like Threat of Thassarian and the 2H equivalent are at level 73/4. It's crazy. And of course the level 75 talents which are game changing.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Forgot how brilliantly fun Death Knights can be. Levelling an Alliance one in prep for WoD and its an unstoppable killing machine with zero downtime. Dark Succor + Dark Pact + Howling Blast = non stop aoe pulls. Quests fly by in seconds :3

Got a level 86 Orc DK with full raid gear from Cata as well but going to leave it as I want to swap from Horde; double Rime procs plus the AoE pulse trinket... insane. Great class. Dunno why it took me so long to decide on it.

The only problem is the way they hand out abilities. So many important ones (even passives) come like 20 levels after they should. Things like Threat of Thassarian and the 2H equivalent are at level 73/4. It's crazy. And of course the level 75 talents which are game changing.
You might want to try out Death Siphon for the 60 talent. While leveling its amazingly powerful.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, don't be afraid to level as Blood until your 75 talents at least. Blood boil hits like an absolute truck for just 1 rune. While leveling at least.

TheYanger

Also, don't be afraid to level as Blood until your 75 talents at least. Blood boil hits like an absolute truck for just 1 rune. While leveling at least.

Yeah I expect that's fixed in 6.0 but right now the scaling on BB is whacked out and it hits SUPER HARD when you have no gear/attack power, and hits much less so as you level. You can practically one shot mobs prior to 70.

Also yes, Dark Succor is an amazing glyph that never leaves my side as DPS.

M.D

To add on, I used http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1mkwf8/faq_im_a_fresh_90_how_do_i_gear_up_patch_54/ back in March when I hit 90 . pretty sure it's still relevant.

Edit: the biggest change is that you can chain grind lfd dungeons for Justice to buy a 522 PvP set.

I took all the quests I could from TI and the Shrine

2 guys from the guild ran my through Timeless Isles, got a bunch of gear, but I don't think we got through all the chests

I tried running there on my own, but most mobs can do serious damage and if there's more than its impossible for me to kill (not to mention I'm on a PVP server ;p)

I'll try using that reddit guide and maybe ask for help running around TI again

On another matter, does anyone know what causes the spell interruption in Tempest Keep? I'm trying to solo it, and I can do it easily but at the weapon's phase something always spell blocks me and I can't finish off my spells, then the other phases begin and I'm overwhelmed and die

strafer

I took all the quests I could from TI and the Shrine

2 guys from the guild ran my through Timeless Isles, got a bunch of gear, but I don't think we got through all the chests

I tried running there on my own, but most mobs can do serious damage and if there's more than its impossible for me to kill (not to mention I'm on a PVP server ;p)

I'll try using that reddit guide and maybe ask for help running around TI again

On another matter, does anyone know what causes the spell interruption in Tempest Keep? I'm trying to solo it, and I can do it easily but at the weapon's phase something always spell blocks me and I can't finish off my spells, then the other phases begin and I'm overwhelmed and die

What class are you playing? If you're a caster pickup the staff and use it.

M.D

What class are you playing? If you're a caster pickup the staff and use it.

I'm playing a balance druid and I am using the staff, but it doesn't block that spell interruption.. I know for sure it's caused by one of the weapons, but I can't figure out which one

Vio-Lence

Banned
I find that at around ilvl 545, the raids I am eligible for on open raid usually suck. Flex clears or flex 3-4 clears that spend hour plus wiping to easy mechanics. Lot of false advertising.

Serves me right for skipping the entire xpac, and coming back at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom