• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Karl Hawk

Banned
Well, what do you know, I succeeded on my Highmaul mission despite the 83% success rate.

And what do I get? A heroic necklace from Ko'ragh. At least this lowers the amount of loot I need from HC Highmaul for now, so that's good. :)

Still wanted that hc Imp shoulders doe :(

Haven't played wow in like 6 years, but my sister asked me to play with her. Are Druids still good at tanking, dps casting, healing, and catform dps?

Also are Druid still good in pvp?

Druids are good at all of these things, yes. Pretty much every spec is really, really good at something. Class is in a pretty good place I'd say.

I did it on my Hunter at 90, though it was still a fairly rough fight.

Those DoT ticks hurt like hell after a while.

I have to imagine it's a lot easier at 100 at least.

I want to say it's actually worse :lol

Though that is the 25 version.

I've noticed a few old raid bosses don't have their stats squished. Those dragon bosses in BoT can take 170k+ with one dot

Also that new round of hotfixes man. Just when you thought the theorycrafting was settled, they throw this wrench at us. Not sure how to react to the blood boil nerf and the buff to frost (as well as the general haste buff).

DarkJC

Were disc absorbs really that overpowered? 15% seems like a pretty big nerf considering PW:S seems to account for ~60-70% of a disc priest's healing.

Also that new round of hotfixes man. Just when you thought the theorycrafting was settled, they throw this wrench at us. Not sure how to react to the blood boil nerf and the buff to frost (as well as the general haste buff).

Blood boil really needed a nerf unholy and bloods aoes are insane.

That said as an unholy/blood main this nerf, even if I agree with it, is even more reason to let my sub lapse when i was planning on letting it anyways, I enjoyed that insane aoe.

Also frost really needs an AoE buff, not a buff for haste, just buff howling blast and be done with it. Maybe bring back that howling blast spam pvp I loved do much in cata.

That said 33% is wahay too big of a nerf, for unholy atleast. And why not touch rets aoe? And why buff arms cleave?

Glad both arms and enhc got a single target buff tho.

Glad haste got a buff in general, was there any dos spec it was even the best stat for pre nerf? Only one I know of is enhc up to 50% iirc.

StMeph

With the Haste buffs (in general and to Frost), which is better now, DW or 2H? Probably going to have to switch to Frost now from UH.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Sorry for my casualness, but what's wrong with that combination? Are the effects unique?

They share a cooldown.

He essentially has 1 trinket. And depraved someone else in the raid from getting a trinket. Haste is poop for disc as well.

It's...infuriating on a lot of levels. I'm mad that our loot system is still really dumb and childish that it isn't something like suicide kings or loot council so it gets distributed evenly, and that this clown rolled on it, AND master loot gave it to him.

There's a difference between casual raiding and downright stupidity.

With the Haste buffs (in general and to Frost), which is better now, DW or 2H? Probably going to have to switch to Frost now from UH.

It's such a new change I don't know if anyone can say yet. And you'd have to wait for it to be live (mentioned it was still in testing) and for Simcraft to be updated to know for sure.

But it's annoying because major changes like that can completely flip stay priority too, so what gear may have been good for the past two months is now shit. All because of a hotfix.

Neki

Just be glad you're in mythic.

Check out on of my raids healers. Disc priest. Take a look at his trinkets.

Just a comedy of errors to get us to this point. I feel stupid for not catching it when he rolled on the caustic healing trinket.

I don't even know what I'm still doing in this guild.

you should tell your disc priest that mastery is a higher stat weighing than critical strike, and weakened soul glyph is much better than a glyph that doesn't increase output (glyph of power shield)

also, both of his trinkets are healing trinkets, but the fact that they share a cooldown makes it stupid he has both

Also, one of your ret pallies is wearing a spirit trinket for some reason, lol. ;)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
you should tell your disc priest that mastery is a higher stat weighing than critical strike, and weakened soul glyph is much better than a glyph that doesn't increase output (glyph of power shield)

also, both of his trinkets are healing trinkets, but the fact that they share a cooldown makes it stupid he has both

Also, one of your ret pallies is wearing a spirit trinket for some reason, lol. ;)

I knew this would happen.

I was actually scared to look through the rest of the raid to see what they also had.

Did Mythic for the first time tonight. Killed Kar'gath after a few hours and spent a little under an hour on Twin Ogron before calling it. Had a little trouble getting people for it. One of our Mages didn't show up and our Fury Warrior got saved because he didn't know attempting him would get him saved to that run (why he was attempting him in a pug I have no idea and he got kicked from the guild for that among a few other things). Brought in a pug Moonkin who was awful and logged before we were gonna kick him. Then brought in a DK from our guild who doesn't raid much (I think anyways) before we finally killed Kar'gath. Won a helm from him getting my ilvl to 664.

They share a cooldown.

He essentially has 1 trinket. And depraved someone else in the raid from getting a trinket. Haste is poop for disc as well.

It's...infuriating on a lot of levels. I'm mad that our loot system is still really dumb and childish that it isn't something like suicide kings or loot council so it gets distributed evenly, and that this clown rolled on it, AND master loot gave it to him.

There's a difference between casual raiding and downright stupidity.
Shards of nothing is the 4th(or 5th) best disc trinket, since haste is Disc's best HPS stat. Haste might no longer be the best HPS stat after the PW:S nerfs though.
That trinket is much better on a dps though, your raid leader messed up.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Fuck yes finally, Margok down feels good

Normal, I presume?

But yeah, it is a satisfying feeling when you finally down a boss that you got wiped on it for dozens of times.

As much as I wanna defeat him on heroic, I'm kinda in a brickwall with Ko'ragh since most pugs are too demanding (higher ilvl or asking for curve) or not requiring a melee dps like me.

Hell, I only managed to get one HC pug on Ko'ragh, but sadly, they fell apart because the tanks were too incompetent to handle the arcane expel.

Shards of nothing is the 4th(or 5th) best disc trinket, since haste is Disc's best HPS stat. Haste might no longer be the best HPS stat after the PW:S nerfs though.

Makes me happy my guild does Loot Council. They're usually fair and distribute loot quite well.

Twookie

I might have jumped on the bandwagon a bit late, but wow this expansion is great!
I left the game somewhere after WotLK feeling really exhausted, and from what I played(not much and not even my account) of Cataclysm and MoP wasn't all that good. However, Warlords is really damn good! Garrison is really nice, and I really like the changes that have been made.

The only thing I have complaints about is that I wish my guild still existed :( Enjoying myself a LOT though, really fantastic work by Blizz

Renekton

What is wrong with MoP? I admittedly only leveled past it but the design seems to be really top-notch. You can tell it has so much effort and care put into it, plus fun characters like Riko. If you look past the garrison, WoD seems to have less content than MoP and some aspects, like professions, seem underbaked.

(stopped after TBC and recontinued in WoD)

Karl Hawk

Banned

Mythic, guy is a real asshole.
http://www.twitch.tv/theyanger/c/5868444

Oh wow, congrats! Must have been a very tense fight. I'd like to do Mythic, but I'm still trying to fully clear my HC progress (5/7 atm. I wanted it to be 6/7 before the reset, but not a lot of pugs would accept me).

Speaking of which, I'm kinda considering going to a better raiding realm. Saurfang ain't cutting it for me and I feel like I'm not doing much with my guild since I'm not in their raid progression team (If time wasn't an issue, I would gladly join with them). Hell, they couldn't manage to down Imperator on normal and they decided to go on heroic progression for this month which makes me kinda concerned (To be fair, I had a lot of problems with Imperator before I finally downed him on normal, so I can understand their position).

On another note, is the Highmaul garrison mission a one-time thing or they're up every week after the reset?

What is wrong with MoP? I admittedly only leveled past it but the design seems to be really top-notch. You can tell it has so much effort and care put into it, plus fun characters like Riko. If you look past the garrison, WoD seems to have less content than MoP and some aspects, like professions, seem underbaked.

(stopped after TBC and recontinued in WoD)

For me, I just didn't like the whole setting. I never understood why panda came into Warcraft lore. There were several abysmal grinds as well for rep ect. Dungeons were also a cake walk. I was soloing normal and heroic dungeons at 90 in raid level gear. I don't see my self ever being able to do that in WoD. It might be possible at the tail of gear curve, but I doubt it.

The only thing I don't like about WoD is lack of flying. With my limited time, I have plenty to do between garrisons, professions, and progression. I still need to go back to older content as well for mounts/acheivs.

DrBo42

Affliction and survival are both super good in PVP.

But you're majorly gimping your arena team by playing w/o a pet brings Mortal strike debuff, spirit bond and most importantly roar of sacrifice and pet freedom. As for rbgs as a hunter 90% of the time you'll be solo base defending so you need pet so you don't get CC capped on.

If you're not base assigned to base defending though, lone wolf is great in rbgs especially, damage is p insane. I wouldn't take it in random bgs though were you're more reliant on yourself than teammates especially when you're not queueing with a friendly healer, spirit bond is too convenient.

Rogues are strong as well, both combat and sub.

If you like healing though just stick to your resto druid, they're insanely strong and the best PVP spec in the game in general.

Thanks.

ampere

Fuck yes finally, Margok down feels good

Grats dude. Def a fan of the 3 tank strat, we are planning to have one of our DK dps go Blood when we get to him.

On another note, is the Highmaul garrison mission a one-time thing or they're up every week after the reset?

The missions last for two weeks and you can only get another one after 2 weeks. Reset doesn't determine when you get them again, it's just 2 weeks from when your previous one popped up.

Robin64

ibrjaVagehom83.png

ibd4SUesmzZEjI.png

iqCS7bVFnS1CR.png

DrBo42

Those are pretty interesting. Does FXAA apply some sort of blur? The difference in the eyes between FXAA High and ssaa cmaa is pretty nuts. ssaa cmaa really pops.

mileS

Those are pretty interesting. Does FXAA apply some sort of blur? The difference in the eyes between FXAA High and ssaa cmaa is pretty nuts. ssaa cmaa really pops.

Fxaa blurs yes. Tons of people can't stand it, I personally don't mind it in some games if its done right.

And yeah ssaa cmaa pops but its a massive performance hit. Going to need a beefy pc for decent framerate with that.

omg that arms buff.

Kind of regret spending conquest on my one hander last week now. Probably will stick with fury until Black rock foundry because of how much easier is to pug heroic butcher for bonus rolls vs ko'ragh. Honestly surprised they didn't nerf sweeping strikes or something for more single target, I'm pretty sure they'll be one of the best aoe and very competitive single target, excelling on some fights like ko'ragh with execute phases.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well I installed Master Plan to see what all of the hubub was about.

I instantly felt awful. I swear this is what cheating feels like.

on the upside as soon as I can raise one follower by ~17 ilevels and another by ~6 ilevels I have all highmaul missions at 100%. I also have two "upcoming" missions (660) at 100%, one at 94%, and one at 85%, of course providing I level up those followers.

having mission expiration is huge.. glad to see blizz is actually including it in the default UI starting with 6.1.

so heirlooms look to be ~1300-1600g for a level 90 version (collection cost plus I'm assuming the 90/100 upgrades are per item given they stack and are account bound). not sure why you would instantiate more than one copy given they are still mailable once instantiated. While it's convenient they are being removed from DMF, I actually enjoy going to DMF so it gave me something to work toward.. now I guess I'll just work toward toys, mounts and pets. I'm hoping I can use the upgrade tokens on my existing full AGI Mail and STR plate (should be able to)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
omg that arms buff.

Kind of regret spending conquest on my one hander last week now. Probably will stick with fury until Black rock foundry because of how much easier is to pug heroic butcher for bonus rolls vs ko'ragh. Honestly surprised they didn't nerf sweeping strikes or something for more single target, I'm pretty sure they'll be one of the best aoe and very competitive single target, excelling on some fights like ko'ragh with execute phases.

I just switch to fury and bought conquest weapons last week too.

borghe

fuck. I just read that you have to have "x number of kills" on the same difficulty for the upgraded highmaul cache.. I need 3 more normal kills to get a heroic spawn... which sucks because I have 3 heroic kagarth kills which is what I was counting on.. I'll get three tonight I just hope my next mission doesn't spawn today... /cry

Mupod

fuck. I just read that you have to have "x number of kills" on the same difficulty for the upgraded highmaul cache.. I need 3 more normal kills to get a heroic spawn... which sucks because I have 3 heroic kagarth kills which is what I was counting on.. I'll get three tonight I just hope my next mission doesn't spawn today... /cry

I was one or two short of the Mythic crate when it popped last friday. 10 minutes before my raid.

I did start playing a couple weeks later than most of my guild, and I've already caught up to them gearwise so I can't really complain too much. But that sucked.

My guild is apparently planning on pushing into Mythic - recruiting again and everything. So far all we've done is pug Kargath and wipe to Twin Ogrons, the latter of which was irritating because people would leave every couple of pulls. I'm down for pushing into the hard content but I don't want to go crazy and burn out again. I also need to get a bit more serious about my spec, and maybe pick up an off spec.

Going Balance/Resto would make the most sense I guess. I generally prefer tanking roles in MMOs but I'm having fun as Balance as a change of pace, and my guild says bears suck ass right now so they don't want me to play guardian. The last time I played a healer, my action bar was just a bunch of different ranks of healing touch but I've done some resto PVP and it was fun. Feral arena isn't working out great for me anyways.

borghe

well looks like I'm perma switching from destro to demo. damn. 2-5% across the board buff for demo with that mastery change. not to mention the game-wide haste change (which is our highest priority stat)

we'll see, but I'm pretty sure they just took demo from middle of the pack to near the top. now if I can just get the hang of that clunky rotation.

ampere

What is the haste buff exactly?

Now you need 90 of the Haste stat to do what previously took 110 of the Haste stat. Basically anyone who has some of the Haste stat on their gear will see an ~11% buff to that stat.

It was done likely because Haste was not as good as other stats for too many specs. It took more Haste to get 1% relative to 1% Crit than it did in MoP. So it's sort of reverting that nerf a bit.

Frost DKs also got a buff to their attunement for Haste, so they will get even more. Slight buff to the spec encouraging Haste stacking more.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Besides that, the issue is also that he has emblem of caustic healing, not so much the shards of nothing, they share a cooldown.

TheYanger

I'm a big fan of the fixed human female faces. I thought they were ok before but they look WAY more like the old ones now, so kudos to Blizz for listening to feedback.

borghe

I'm a big fan of the fixed human female faces. I thought they were ok before but they look WAY more like the old ones now, so kudos to Blizz for listening to feedback.

lol.. a female friend who just came back was screaming at me in chat last night about how her character looks like a drag queen now.. I will have to ask if she saw the new pics.. yes, improved.

Top Bottom