• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
What is wrong with MoP? I admittedly only leveled past it but the design seems to be really top-notch. You can tell it has so much effort and care put into it, plus fun characters like Riko. If you look past the garrison, WoD seems to have less content than MoP and some aspects, like professions, seem underbaked.

(stopped after TBC and recontinued in WoD)

I was fine with the setting. The profession grind was strange. I didn't understand why I needed 5 versions of cooking. I totally got the Goblin vs Gnomish Engineering way back, but Wok vs BBQ vs Steaming was the kind of bizarre shit that you get when you actually implement things from a PowerPoint brainstorm, which is what most people do to destroy bad ideas rather than champion mediocre ones. It's like someone was given a concession for not having their idea picked for years.

TheYanger

I was fine with the setting. The profession grind was strange. I didn't understand why I needed 5 versions of cooking. I totally got the Goblin vs Gnomish Engineering way back, but Wok vs BBQ vs Steaming was the kind of bizarre shit that you get when you actually implement things from a PowerPoint brainstorm, which is what most people do to destroy bad ideas rather than champion mediocre ones. It's like someone was given a concession for not having their idea picked for years.

I won't disagree (Largely I just powered all 5 up to get feast recipes and then never cared again), but like...is cooking that big of a deal?

How is druid healing doing? We have a resto druid constantly below the tanks in healing done. Is it under tuned at the moment?

I'm a restoration shaman and it's tough trying to heal through heroic fights when one of our always present healers are under performing so drastically.

DarkJC

How is druid healing doing? We have a resto druid constantly below the tanks in healing done. Is it under tuned at the moment?

I'm a restoration shaman and it's tough trying to heal through heroic fights when one of our always present healers are under performing so drastically.

No, druid healing is pretty fantastic, and actually is getting a slight nerf because it was too good.

Most healers are pretty competitive and fill various niches. If yours are under performing it's because of them, not the class.

Adaren

If you're using Skada and have a Brewmaster tank, it's worth noting that their healing is (last I noted) bugged and being reported as much higher than it actually is.

Stance of the Sturdy Ox doesn't actually provide any healing.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'm kinda looking into warrior as my raiding alt, but before that, I'd like to know which DPS spec is best at the moment. Arms or Fury?

Either one is fine, but I'd like to know which one that can attain a shitton of dps.

ampere

Stance of the Sturdy Ox doesn't actually provide any healing.

Yeah it's as if Warrior and Paladin shield blocks showed up as healing. Just a weird Skada bug.

I do wish the combat log listed purified damage amounts though. As in: use Purifying Brew and get "Name purified 98091 damage." printed in the combat log. It would just make log analysis easier.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

you usually didn't need 5 versions of cooking (except for achievements or feast). You only needed one for highest stat food IIRC.

as to "why", I read something on wow insider that actually explained it perfectly.. because cooking IS a big part of that culture (east asian). and while the grind was a bit much, never did I feel "wow this just doesn't fit into the xpac.. how hacked on!" It actually felt natural and a part of the theme.. just brutal on a grind for all of the ways.

TheYanger

There was a pretty fun version of skada that read my purgatory absorb as healing. I died on a butcher enrage kill while tanking the whole purgatory and had like a 20 million heal on myself or something on it once :)

I'm kinda looking into warrior as my raiding alt, but before that, I'd like to know which DPS spec is best at the moment. Arms or Fury?

Either one is fine, but I'd like to know which one that can attain a shitton of dps.

we'll have to wait for a simcraft that prioritizes mastery over crit but they all seem pretty equal (fury leading, glad & arms close behind). Arms might end up being the best but they are all so close together I'd say just pick your spec based on itemization or the fight. Arms will obviously come ahead on fights with multi target while glad/fury will be superior for fights where there isn't a long execution phase.

No, druid healing is pretty fantastic, and actually is getting a slight nerf because it was too good.

Most healers are pretty competitive and fill various niches. If yours are under performing it's because of them, not the class.

Yea, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info.

Now to find a way to make this person improve without hurt feelings.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yea, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info.

Now to find a way to make this person improve without hurt feelings.

I didn't see if you have logs up. If you do, honestly just parse the logs (or post them to icy-veins or the priest forum) to try and see where they could improve.

as a warlock I have seen tons of my own mistakes and corrected. no one wants to be doing the wrong thing. when you present it to them just present it as "hey I was looking through the logs and I saw that if here you did this instead of this it would boost your numbers." Paint it in a way that them doing it will improve their numbers/output/heals/etc. No one wants to pass that up usually.

Mupod

Any other balance druids around? What spec do you use?

I started running soul of the forest/euphoria because I was new to the spec (and ranged dps) but now that I'm comfortable with it, I might change things up. I had another balance druid in the raid the other night and he was using incarnation/euphoria - I assumed it would be worse than SOTF if I was using euphoria because those talents synergize. But he was beating me pretty consistently.

However that might be due to two things, one he wasn't blinking force novas on imperator and just eating the damage. Second, I'm not quite clear on when I should be refreshing moonfire. I've been using it every lunar eclipse but maybe I should be doing it every second eclipse, that would let me sneak in an extra starfire every second cycle.

Might replace my cheap mastery enchants with haste enchants, moving forward. I'm getting my upgraded ring tonight so I might slap something expensive on there.

I didn't see if you have logs up. If you do, honestly just parse the logs (or post them to icy-veins or the priest forum) to try and see where they could improve.

Yea, when I started reading icy veins I was surprised to find there were little things I had missed, that ended up making a marked improvement in my heals.

I use skada, so I'll start gathering data and see what I can figure out.

Tried to solo Dragon Soul 25m Heroic. Took me three attempts to get past Ultraxion. And then I couldn't finish Madness of Deathwing. I attempted it three times before dropping it to Normal, sadly. The issue is those healing blobs at the end. I simply can't burst it down before they reach him. Closest I got was around 1m health which amounts to around 3 seconds and I don't see any way for me to shave off three seconds of that burst fest.

Oh well, I'll go back to 10m Heroic next week. It was a valiant attempt.

Rokam

Not that I noticed, what was the Alliance one?

Major spoilers blah blah blah
Baros Alexston (Alliance Gazlowe equivalent) likes our mission giver, go pick a rose for her, base gets attacked, kill some orcs, come back to find Baros dead after he jumped in front of a blade to save the mission lady, and the Heart is gone.

Baros Alexston (Alliance Gazlowe equivalent) likes our mission giver, go pick a rose for her, base gets attacked, kill some orcs, come back to find Baros dead after he jumped in front of a blade to save the mission lady, and the Heart is gone.

More wod alliance favouritism I see.

I need a steady group of people to run Heroic Highmaul with. Settling for normal groups that fall apart after Kargath is getting stale. Today's drama: Huntard gets outrolled for mail boots of Kargath, rages and misdirects Butcher onto the group and promptly leaves. Then a healer and a DPS leave because they bought his sobstory about having the boots ninjad by a RL who gave a clear roll timer.

I hate this community today :(

cdyhybrid

I need a steady group of people to run Heroic Highmaul with. Settling for normal groups that fall apart after Kargath is getting stale. Today's drama: Huntard gets outrolled for mail boots of Kargath, rages and misdirects Butcher onto the group and promptly leaves. Then a healer and a DPS leave because they bought his sobstory about having the boots ninjad by a RL who gave a clear roll timer.

I hate this community today :(

Should have used personal loot.

royalan

The one thing I miss about the old loot system was, even if I got loot that wasn't my spec and was useless to me, I could still sell it for some gold. I know there were more effective ways to make gold in WoW, but for the newbie me who hadn't done the research and just needed gold quick, selling all the shit I got from dungeons and didn't need kept me from being poor.

-Death Knight
-Unholy
-Festering Strike's damage has been increased by 28%.
-Scourge Strike's damage has been increased by 28%.

Thanks for making things more confusing Blizzard. JEESUS. Many wrenches, much turmoil.

Right now it's looking like pretty much every DK spec is competitive, but it depends on the encounter and how much AoE is involved. So you just gotta you know, learn and gear for everything, since of course they all have different stat priorities.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Update on Blackrock Foundry and cross-realm mythic:
brfwcd.png

source: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/555194704799604736

Meanwhile in PVP, DK are op as hell

NOOOOOOO!!!!

cdyhybrid

Got the robe off Brackenspore!

Still need every item off Tectus, but I'm out of Seals. At least I have an extra Seal mission complete when I wake up in a few hours.

XOaUihY.png

Arcayne

Ahoo'ru season 2 down! Feral ilvl649, boy that was an intense and fun fight. aiming to clear out the special bosses tmrw for the shirt and try for the proving ground title

Getting into Ashran a lot more consistently now.

Horde don't even bother with the main part lol. Everyone is just off doing events, but they are fun and easy so I can't complain. Alliance never see to do the events

lazygecko

I am really glad they are changing the nelf animation. Did not like how they made every race conform to the bouncy animation style and that was definitely one that was hit the hardest. I have a male nelf mage on standby I'd like to level.

Draxal

Getting into Ashran a lot more consistently now.

Horde don't even bother with the main part lol. Everyone is just off doing events, but they are fun and easy so I can't complain. Alliance never see to do the events

Alliance will do Ogre if he's up at a convenient time. Volrath drops a purple chest that happens to have glad loot, and he he himself has a good amount of conquest points. If you do him seven times per week that's 7 chances at glad loot and enough conquest to cap out.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Decided to use LFR as a crutch to get Legendary stones for the quest, I got 109 stones now. By this week, I'll have 112 stones (Counting the garrison mission that gives you 3 legendary stones)

It's fair to say that I'm gonna finish that bloody quest by next week.

I'm not looking forward to 3 Elemental Tablets quests for Blackrock Foundry. Collect 300 Elemental Runes just to make each Elemental Tablet? Fuck that.

Top Bottom