• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Thanks for making things more confusing Blizzard. JEESUS. Many wrenches, much turmoil.

Right now it's looking like pretty much every DK spec is competitive, but it depends on the encounter and how much AoE is involved. So you just gotta you know, learn and gear for everything, since of course they all have different stat priorities.

I really wish they'd just make up their mind, I literally just wasted a coin on a hc cleaver and bought a 1h conquest weapon yesterday.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm assuming the drop rate will be higher. Probably something like 15-20 per boss kill.

Judging by the Garrison missions, it will be 6x higher than Abrogator drops. You get 18 for follower missions, versus the 3 Abrogators.

Kraftwerk

Got my second Mythic cache today...

That's two unique items now, both from last , both mythic.

GDCmA6q.gif

ZenaxPure

Ahoo'ru season 2 down! Feral ilvl649, boy that was an intense and fun fight. aiming to clear out the special bosses tmrw for the shirt and try for the proving ground title

I made it to Ahoo'ru a while back but I haven't actually done him yet. I just haven't felt motivated since he is a fucker and I already proved to myself I can kill him during MoP anyway. I'll get around to it at some point I'm sure.

Also assuming you are doing the DPS proving grounds, don't set your expectations to high. I did it at the start of the expansion and made it to wave 46 on my first try without bothering to food/flask or anything. It wasn't even going to be a real attempt or anything, I just wanted to get a feel for it with the combo point changes (which makes a huge difference in proving grounds). Not entirely sure why it is so much easier this time around.

I made it to Ahoo'ru a while back but I haven't actually done him yet. I just haven't felt motivated since he is a fucker and I already proved to myself I can kill him during MoP anyway. I'll get around to it at some point I'm sure.

Did they buff him in WoD or something? Cuz he was pretty piss easy in MoP, just a simple dps check once you got his bubble down.

ampere

I got another dps item from my Highmaul cache. A versatility/multistrike cloak. It's so frustrating, I am in tank loot spec.... The devs know the tuned Bonus Armor high enough that stuff without it is not tank loot and they still have loot spec issues like this. Makes me so irritated.

Did they buff him in WoD or something? Cuz he was pretty piss easy in MoP, just a simple dps check once you got his bubble down.

It's all about ilevel really. At 650 ilevel I think Ahoru is still pretty challenging. If you wait until you have a bunch of BRF gear or next tier, he'll melt.

However, Hexos and Anthracite were bugged when I did them a few weeks back. Pretty tight enrage timers since Hexos wasn't rotating with me and I could only attack part of the time, and Anthracite's water gun mechanic wasn't working.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well.... I have 18 Normal kills as of last night..

too bad my highmaul mission spawned when servers came up yesterday.

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Garnock/advanced

I guess I can hope to get my staff (or i'd even be fine with the wand from ko'ragh.)

even worse.. it's the friggin mission I still need to boost a follower by ~12 ilevels to hit 100% on. I have a 645 armor mission in progress and like a +3 armor.. but his weapon is 630 and that will still only get him to 39. I need 12 more points from somewhere (and can only get 6 more total from armor. damn that 655 cap)

edit - I am at 92% on it right now.. but so many horror stories in the guild this week about guys failing HM missions in the 90s...

borghe

really? I think it was only the last 2 or 3 that I had to redo, and only the last one (lol last one in nagrand) that I had to redo more than once. Nagrand I think I had to do 3-4 times. First time to try and make the jump. Second time to REALLY try and make the jump... and possibly a third time where I said "there is no way they really aren't going to let me make that jump". Either the third or fourth time on that one I was like "oooooohhhhh". Otherwise the rest were either one shotted, or one time through to find the twist and beating it the second time.

ZenaxPure

It's all about ilevel really. At 650 ilevel I think Ahoru is still pretty challenging. If you wait until you have a bunch of BRF gear or next tier, he'll melt.

Pretty much, the dps requirement on him is really where a lot of the challenge is. In MoP I wasn't doing anything but LFR on my rogue (since I was raiding on an alt) but I was doing the brawler's guild like crazy which meant doing him in ToT LFR gear, it was doable but the enrage timer made it a really ridiculous fight.

borghe

yay!

It won’t be long before you’ll be able to take the assault against the Iron Horde to the next level in new Raid content. To help you plan your attack, we’ve broken down the unlock schedule for Blackrock Foundry and the third Draenor world boss – Rukhmar. Will you be ready?

Those who plan to jump into the action in the Raid Finder will need a minimum item level of 635. Here's the rundown:

February 3, 2015:
Blackrock Foundry opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties available.
World boss Rukhmar becomes available in Spires of Arak.

February 10, 2015:
Mythic difficulty becomes available.

February 17, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 1: Slagworks (Gruul, Oregorger, and The Blast Furnace) unlocks.

February 24, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 2: The Black Forge (Hans’gar and Franzok, Flamebender Ka’graz, and Kromog ) unlocks.

March 10, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 3: Iron Assembly (Beastlord Darmac, Operator Thogar, and The Iron Maidens) unlocks.

March 24, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 4: Blackhand’s Crucible (Blackhand) unlocks.

brutal LFR rollout.. wonder what is up with that.. also wondering if the first wings will be easier than Normal Imp or not (like first few bosses of HHM)

Karl Hawk

Banned
About damn time the BRF's schedule has released. Can't wait to kick more Iron Horde's asses and bring Blackhand to his doom.

Looking forward for my pally's tier bonuses

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why is LFR being released piece by piece like that? It's weird... is it to let time for some people to do the harder versions and learn the bosses a little to make LFR less of a headache for casuals? But then, if we look at Highmaul LFR, you don't even need to know boss tactics... it's simply kill adds and don't stand on fire... typical stuff.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Why is LFR being released piece by piece like that? It's weird... is it to let time for some people to do the harder versions and learn the bosses a little to make LFR less of a headache for casuals?

I guess it's to give more breathing room for normal/heroic progression?

But you're right, LFR is pretty muck kill adds and don't stand in fire, so I'm somewhat curious at their decision.

Kraftwerk

LFR isnt release on the same day so that servers dont collapse.

Our server couldn't raid when Highmaul was released on the first week. That Tuesday it was brutal, insane ques and high lag. Now image if besides are the raiding guilds, everyone else also tried to get into Highmaul for LFR.

I agree that it sucks that they do this, btu this is why.

I cant even imagine what would happen to the servers if millions of players tried to enter Highmaul on the same day.

iirate

I really need to vent for a minute.

I queued for heroic UBRS to finish my inn quests on my monk alt. On the second to last boss, the tank and pretty much everyone else couldn't get out of the bad. I was sustaining close to 30k hps trying to keep everyone up(which is never *ever* necessary in a 5 man heroic).

Two wipes in, I'm kicked from the group and locked out of UBRS for the day, so I can't even do the quests I wanted to. I've healed these heroic dungeons as 4 different specs now(as well as the challenge modes on 2 specs), and none of it is hard, but because the rest of the group didn't understand the incredibly difficult concept of not standing in fire, I got screwed over.

I haven't run into the whole "blame the healer" problem up until now(pretty much ever, and I've done nothing but heal in groups/raids since vanilla), but it really does sting.

Robin64

Could be; could not be hots is tongue in cheek at time.

Yeah, some of the skins are just fun oddities, but this one feels too close to being a real thing that happens. And given HotS is not really "out" yet, by the time it is it won't be a spoiler. I reckon we'll see this happen.

What mong at blizzard decided that, the frost wolf faction, you know THE main wod horde faction would have their transmog gear available. Not to mention it's perfect shaman transmog.

Also I wish I could slap whoever decided to remove the damage from Unleash Elements, not being able to pull with is a massive bitch.

And I miss chain heal as enhc, it was my the spell to use when I had nothing to do but had mw_5 simply because of how awesome it looked and how great it sounded, whoever decided to purge it from enhc but keep healing rain should be shot, especially since chain heal was effected by the MW stacking healing buff and healing rain isn't.

Also, I miss earth shock, Storm strike debuff only working on light bolt is now is sad, there's lightning shield, but that's basically useless since blizzard removed static shock and nerfed unleash fury from an awesome LS proc on auto attacks to something as boring and stupid as 5% multi strike.

Man, way to ruin my favorite spec.

Well atleast EotE is fun, even if I hear you only take on AOE fights which is stupid since it takes by far the most skill to use out of any of the other talents so therefore should be the highest dps.

Haha, oh shit, Heroes of the Storm spoiling WoD's story. Image under a link for those who don't want to see.

http://i.imgur.com/27KKzl3.jpg

Seems like it might be alt dimension story made for costume shit to me, tho I guess WoD is already alt dimension.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Seems like it might be alt dimension story made for costume shit to me, tho I guess WoD is already alt dimension.

Yeah, I highly doubt it has anything to do with WoD specifically. All the alt costumes have little lore blurbs like that.
edit: especially since the ashwolf clan isn't a thing in WoD

Yeah, I highly doubt it has anything to do with WoD specifically. All the alt costumes have little lore blurbs like that.
edit: especially since the ashwolf clan isn't a thing in WoD

Not seeing what exactly it's supposed to spoil. Aside from Ashwolf not being a thing, how did the warlords or Gul'Dan exactly betray Durotan? They're just enemies...

Not seeing what exactly it's supposed to spoil. Aside from Ashwolf not being a thing, how did the warlords or Gul'Dan exactly betray Durotan? They're just enemies...
Yeah.... it's not like Blizzard could do anything they want with a storyline in a parallel dimension. Personally, I hope it is a spoiler but I'm fine if it isn't. I think he looks pretty badass again there regardless.

Robin64

Yeah, you guys are probably right. Some things do line up though, we know that Gul'dan will be the last one left. And I'm sure Blizzard will insist on World Hero Thrall coming in to save the day during the Blackhand fight.

Ashwolf, though, could easily be a new clan formed after the Blackrock are done. Follow Thrall or die.

But also the default color for that skin is red and I doubt Thrall will drink demon blood.

I do want to see a world now though where he does, where shit got so real he had to.

Arcayne

Also assuming you are doing the DPS proving grounds, don't set your expectations to high. I did it at the start of the expansion and made it to wave 46 on my first try without bothering to food/flask or anything. It wasn't even going to be a real attempt or anything, I just wanted to get a feel for it with the combo point changes (which makes a huge difference in proving grounds). Not entirely sure why it is so much easier this time around.

Haha, bolded part made me lol. Cheers when you kick his ass again, fellow brawler. And thx for the info on PGrounds, I'm both happy and sad that i might not get my ass kicked too hard.

Artanisix

What mong at blizzard decided that, the frost wolf faction, you know THE main wod horde faction would have their transmog gear available. Not to mention it's perfect shaman transmog.

Also I wish I could slap whoever decided to remove the damage from Unleash Elements, not being able to pull with is a massive bitch.

And I miss chain heal as enhc, it was my the spell to use when I had nothing to do but had mw_5 simply because of how awesome it looked and how great it sounded, whoever decided to purge it from enhc but keep healing rain should be shot, especially since chain heal was effected by the MW stacking healing buff and healing rain isn't.

Also, I miss earth shock, Storm strike debuff only working on light bolt is now is sad, there's lightning shield, but that's basically useless since blizzard removed static shock and nerfed unleash fury from an awesome LS proc on auto attacks to something as boring and stupid as 5% multi strike.

Man, way to ruin my favorite spec.

Well atleast EotE is fun, even if I hear you only take on AOE fights which is stupid since it takes by far the most skill to use out of any of the other talents so therefore should be the highest dps.

You say that like EotE takes any large amount of skill to use whatsoever...

Yeah, you guys are probably right. Some things do line up though, we know that Gul'dan will be the last one left. And I'm sure Blizzard will insist on World Hero Thrall coming in to save the day during the Blackhand fight.

Do we actually know Gul'Dan will be the last one alive? He'll outlive Kargath, Blackhand and Ner'Zhul (hopefully wrong about this one). But Hellscream (or Kilrogg)?

I do want to see a world now though where he does, where shit got so real he had to.
Metzen is just making stuff up now :D

Kinda neat that they get to play around with small texts and skins in HotS like this, assuming that that is what they're doing.

Robin64

Do we actually know Gul'Dan will be the last one alive? He'll outlive Kargath, Blackhand and Ner'Zhul (hopefully wrong about this one). But Hellscream (or Kilrogg)?

I guess it depends if the legendary questline finishes before or after the final raid. It's a race!

Anoregon

Wut? He was literally the first of the Warlords to die.

Anoregon

I refuse to believe that Ner'Zhul is dead.

I mean, I would prefer he had actual, reasonable character development instead of "lol the lich king is only arthas now" and an expedient "I am now totally evil and must be killed" introduction in WoD, but it is what it is. Blizzard clearly isn't interested in going anywhere with the character in either timeline.

Touchdown

Banned
Is there any way to proper get the garrison mission or some sort of requirements? I still dont get any with my main

Which garrison missions you need? The follower missions that give highmaul lvl loot require high ilvl followers. The garrison attack quests usually need you to do those dailies and once a faction "hates you enough" you'll get the quest. :p

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
As far as the timeline goes I think they're simplifying the character stories by killing off the duplicates they don't care about and keeping the ones they do from the alt dimension to do stuff with later.

Also that thrall thing from hots doesn't make much sense. If that was a real story we would have to think anub arak becoming a mech is in his storyline too.

What is an ash wolf anyway?

Having serious issues with my Battle.net launcher.

All games reverted to Install instead of Play and when I try to locate game files, I get the following error messages:

http://i.imgur.com/3jrZikp.png
(World of Warcraft)

http://i.imgur.com/eDPMukR.png
(Diablo III)

Everything worked fine last week. I haven't changed anything on my end aside from keeping Windows up to date. No other connection issues with any other software or hardware in my house. I've reset my router, released/renewed my IP and flushed DNS. Deleted my Battle.net Agent folder.... Any other ideas?

edit: It was stupid PeerBlock all along. Working now.

You say that like EotE takes any large amount of skill to use whatsoever...

No, I say it like it takes more than 1 button press 1 button ever 1.5/2mins to get damage out of it compared to the other 2 talents. And it makes the spec 100% more fun. I think this should apply to all talents, the more passive one should always be weaker than the ones that you have to manage. The ones you have to use more often to get the same damage out of them should always be stronger than the ones with longer CDs. It's kind of common sense.

I think DK talents do this well, were blood tap/Plague Leech/Defile are all the best talents of you manage them well, and are the ones you need to actively use and manage and/or have shorter CDs compared to their alternatives, and add some depth to a pretty simple/boring class.

Edit: Tho simming with the new hotfix, EotE is simming a lot better and close to to EM for but, that's good. Still quite a bit worse than Ancestral Swiftness though, which sucks.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I mean, I would prefer he had actual, reasonable character development instead of "lol the lich king is only arthas now" and an expedient "I am now totally evil and must be killed" introduction in WoD, but it is what it is. Blizzard clearly isn't interested in going anywhere with the character in either timeline.

It's not really a "the lich king is only arthas now". Unless someone else takes Ner'Zhul's place, there is no Lich King. There is no Scourge. Ner'Zhul never made the pact with Kil'jaeden. Unless someone takes his place, Warcraft 2 never happens, much less 3 and any of the stuff afterwards. I doubt they will go very far with the timeline, but if we go to Azeroth-2, Lordaeron isn't the Plaguelands, Dalaran is still on the ground, and if you're a Tauren, you probably need to declare "I come in peace" unless you want to be eaten.

Top Bottom