• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Take me to the orphanage, Higgins. I wish to laugh at the children.
TabhFAv.jpg

You people can solo Dragon Soul 25H? Geez.. Now I wonder what I'm doing wrong, I get my arse kicked.

Due to the mechanics of Ultraxion, I couldn't do it til 650 ilvl. Every other boss is a joke. If you have any type of self heal, firelands and DS is cake walk for 25H. I do 25N on my fire mage, just because mages have negative survivability. Seriously, its not even 0, its below that. It feels like mages take damage each time they cast.

If you cant do heroic, then do 25N. You only get 25-30 gold from each boss, but you still get all the drops for 25 man and those items vendor for a ton of gold. In my last 2 runs, I got 2400g from firelands 25H and 2500G from DS 25H. It takes me a little under an hour to do each one.

With the lock changes in 6.1 I've changed my spec a bit from reading guides, but I have a super noob question I couldn't find an answer to.

Grimoire of Service: does it matter what demon I use besides the ability they cast? When using Demonic Servitude as my 100 talent, should I be using Doomguard with GoServ or again, does it matter?

Thanks in advance!

Tacitus_

With the lock changes in 6.1 I've changed my spec a bit from reading guides, but I have a super noob question I couldn't find an answer to.

Grimoire of Service: does it matter what demon I use besides the ability they cast? When using Demonic Servitude as my 100 talent, should I be using Doomguard with GoServ or again, does it matter?

Thanks in advance!

You'll want to use the demon that does the most dps. I'd reckon doomguard would be it if you have DS (but I don't have the math to prove it).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got my first mythic Blacrock Cache this morning and it was a terrible crit/versatility helm. Trolled 2 da maxx.

ampere

I actually got a Mythic Warforged socketed Highmaul armor/mastery ring from my last cache and then a Mythic BRF ring with the same stats, but it was inferior because socket > 4 ilevels. Can't really complain, but a bummer.

ZenaxPure

And if you're running DS for gold you should portal to Uldum and pop in to Throne of the Four Winds first. It's an incredibly quick raid (couple of minutes if you have half decent DPS), easily doable on 25H and drops a crapload of gear, tokens, gold and potentially a mount.

Oh yeah, I do every single cata raid on my main each week. It started as mount runs obviously, but, when I realized how much gold drops from 25H I just started doing them all. Hell I actually got the Throne mount a few weeks ago but I am still doing it. Need all that easy g.

You people can solo Dragon Soul 25H? Geez.. Now I wonder what I'm doing wrong, I get my arse kicked.

When i was a lower ilvl I would do Dragon Soul 25H by treating it like a proper raid, use a good flask, bring heroism drums to every boss, use ghetto kings drums and feasts. Basically pushed my dps as hard as I could. I'm close to 660 ilvl now so I don't really need any of that stuff anymore, but, it still helps. Plus none of it is hard to get anyway with how professions are set up this expansion.

Then again I am also a rogue and imo rogues are the best class for old content that has the damage scaling stuff in place. Leeching poison is nuts (I see it heal me for over 100k sometimes now in Dragon Soul) and if a boss has adds or you can drag trash to it you can have 20 seconds of literally infinite energy which allows for some pretty crazy burst damage with the shadow reflection level 100 talent since you can fill every GCD with a skill.

ZenaxPure

So I wanted to reroll one of my followers for a while now but the missions never showed up. Since you can buy a reroll token now I decided to. His abilities were (a) Powerful Spell (b) Danger Zone. I rerolled them to (a) Danger Zone (b) Powerful Spells.

Best 1000 garrison resources I've ever spent.

Thanks in advance!

Something I realized with using doomguard talent, you loose the ability to have a 2nd one, so you loose that burst. Im demo, I use warthguard, and can still pop doomguard for burst damage. Cant do infernal/doomguard for 1 minute either, but it is pretty damn cool having a green infernal follow me around.

Im pretty crit/mastery heavy in my gear, but my dps in destro sucks compared to demo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone figure out how to make gold with truesteel yet? Just sitting on a ton of it, and crafted gear ain't selling anymore.

ZenaxPure

The Ashran change is stupid as fuck. The reasoning is correct but the solution...what the hell.
I don't undertsand why they seem to be completely lost with what to do with this place.

Oh wow. Wooooowwwwwww. I thought this might have just been an overreaction, but nope. Ashran is a mess now. I went in for my apexis daily (since that one is hilariously easy to do as a rogue) and it's just... I dunno. Like for starters no one was actually bothering with the main battle. By the time I finished the daily fragment quest nothing had happened on the main road except timers running out. But it's not like cool battles were happening at the event points either, it was just whatever faction got the most people to an event first would destroy the other faction and they would try to straggle back from the grave yard.

I feel like if anything they should have went in the opposite direction, the main battle should be worth more conquest than the events.

Mupod

Went back into mythic highmaul last night - we hadn't done it since Foundry came out, and previously we only had kargath/twins down in there. Mythic butcher was really easy, probably helps that we're doing on average 10k more dps each. Twin Ogrons were easy too (one shotted) but that wasn't entirely a gear thing. It's likely more that I've finally gotten used to playing my class after years of absence, so my situational awareness is improving.

I'm glad my guild seems interested in going back to mythic highmaul since it's a nice change of pace from foundry all the time. You'd think as a moonkin I'd enjoy every single fight being HUGE ADD SWARMS but all those blast furnace wipes really made me sick of looking at the zone.

Also probably helps that I made out like a bandit, everybody else seems more interested in BRF loot but I take what I can get. Butcher mace is nice.

Leveling in draenor is so fast, but then I realized I need to finish every zone to get all the followers :(

Kinda sorta. You can only have 20/25 followers and many can be bought with gold or just finding them in the wild. The only one I really want that is a PITA is the caster bitch from talador that counters group damage. Shes the only one of two that come with it natively. Most of the other followers are locked behind very short quest chains in the other zones. The only other good one that is locked til the end of the zone is talon priest ish.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so did bonus work orders just get thrown under the fucking bus? I have workers in there 24/7 and went from 2x bonus down to really like 1.5-1.6x

So I'm thinking of jumping back in. Anyone have any suggestions as far as garrison builds go? That's the part that's still really frustrating for me. I want to be able to make money. Any suggestions?

cdyhybrid

So I'm thinking of jumping back in. Anyone have any suggestions as far as garrison builds go? That's the part that's still really frustrating for me. I want to be able to make money. Any suggestions?

Get a Trading Post as one of your medium plots.

Take two money-making professions (I'd suggest Alchemy/Enchanting, or Tailoring for selling bags) and the appropriate small plot buildings. Get a Salvage Yard for your third small plot, you can get some green transmog items from salvage crates to sell.

I'd go Barracks/War Mill or Dwarven Bunker for your large plots, more geared followers = more gold reward missions completed. Plus, if you upgrade your garrison to level 3 as soon as you hit 100 (make sure you kill rares/collect treasure as you level up, look up the add-on HandyNotes) and build your War Mill/Dwarven Bunker on your second large plot, you'll get enough upgrades while finishing Nagrand questing to pretty much immediately get you into Heroic dungeons and LFR.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
How did you guys get so much gold >.<
Cata dungeons give out gold like candy, especially on Heroic mode. With the garden and mine, you have a glut of resources even if you are crafting and you can sell off everthing. Enormous Draenor fish are also easy money. Some servers have different prices for the fish... ammonite and fatmouth are very high on my server, but whiptail aren't worth the travel time. You'll be grinding it anyway if you want Paigle as a follower.

Pollux

Get a Trading Post as one of your medium plots.

Take two money-making professions (I'd suggest Alchemy/Enchanting, or Tailoring for selling bags) and the appropriate small plot buildings. Get a Salvage Yard for your third small plot, you can get some green transmog items from salvage crates to sell.

I'd go Barracks/War Mill or Dwarven Bunker for your large plots, more geared followers = more gold reward missions completed. Plus, if you upgrade your garrison to level 3 as soon as you hit 100 (make sure you kill rares/collect treasure as you level up, look up the add-on HandyNotes) and build your War Mill/Dwarven Bunker on your second large plot, you'll get enough upgrades while finishing Nagrand questing to pretty much immediately get you into Heroic dungeons and LFR.

What about mining/skinning for money in the barracks? Those are what I used to do and was wondering if you can still make money off those

cdyhybrid

What about mining/skinning for money in the barracks? Those are what I used to do and was wondering if you can still make money off those

The market for ore is completely in the toilet. Every garrison has a mine that anyone can mine from, and you can get ore for GR at the Trading Post. Skinning is slightly better, because there's no easy way to get leather without it aside from the Trading Post (you have to go out and trap mobs for the Barn), but I dunno if it's enough to pass Alch/Ench/Tailoring for money-making.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The market for ore is completely in the toilet. Every garrison has a mine that anyone can mine from, and you can get ore for GR at the Trading Post. Skinning is slightly better, because there's no easy way to get leather without it aside from the Trading Post (you have to go out and trap mobs for the Barn), but I dunno if it's enough to pass Alch/Ench/Tailoring for money-making.

You're not going to make a lot of money off ore, but if you're not using it, you don't need to hold on to it forever just with the hope that someday the Trading Post is going to give you Garrison Resources for it. It will never pass alchemy, enchanting, or tailoring. But, if you already have the mine, there's no sense in letting it sit fallow.

So I feel like this is a dumb question, but how the hell do I perform enchants with just the garrison building? It says I need a runes copper rod but I can't seem to find one. All I can find are plain copper rods off vendors.

What new graphics settings are you all running? I have a decent rig with a GTX 770 and am having a hard time deciding.

It's pretty much a necessity to play in Windowed mode for multitasking.

Peachpies

So I feel like this is a dumb question, but how the hell do I perform enchants with just the garrison building? It says I need a runes copper rod but I can't seem to find one. All I can find are plain copper rods off vendors.
the enchant will have the runed copper rod red in the description but you don't actually need it for her to enchant your stuff

JSoup

Banned
Cata dungeons give out gold like candy, especially on Heroic mode. With the garden and mine, you have a glut of resources even if you are crafting and you can sell off everthing. Enormous Draenor fish are also easy money. Some servers have different prices for the fish... ammonite and fatmouth are very high on my server, but whiptail aren't worth the travel time. You'll be grinding it anyway if you want Paigle as a follower.

Also, old mats sell for a pretty penny as well. Cloth bolts from the last two expansions are still one of my main money makers.

I came into this expansion with about 20k which is about where I was through most of Pandaland. Now after dropping 230k on heirlooms, 50k on the Arakkoa rep mount, 120k on the expedition yak and 100k on the alliance bike I'm 'broke' at 70k.

A lot of my gold has come from old raids/mount runs, Dragon Soul in particular drops around 70-100 gold per boss before you even take into account cendoring the weapons and armour and I run it on five characters per week to try to get the two other mounts I need from there.

Then there's the fact I have five level 3 barns pumping out savage blood around the clock. The price on my server has dropped to around 400-600g each but when you consider I do about five hours grinding every two weeks (hour per character) and then sit on my arse, it's still a really good way to make gold.

And as said above, don't dismiss professions. Do your daily cooldowns, use your mine and herb garden on any characters which have them and craft stuff. Even basic pieces of tailoring/leatherworking/black smithing armour sell for 2-4k in my realm.
Thanks for the info. I never thought about the savage bloods. I'll have to do something about that.

I'm actually going to be using my Warlords boost on a Blood Elf Paladin I'm currently leveling. Still trying to decide what professions to give him that will be good money makers.

FrsDvl

Does anyone of you have an extra prepaid card laying around by chance? i'm trying to activate my subscription, but for some reason it isn't working!

ZenaxPure

Thanks for the info. I never thought about the savage bloods. I'll have to do something about that.

Crafted gear is about the best option for anyone not in full mythic gear and it takes 60 savage bloods to get 1 single piece to rank 4, so yeah it is worth it.

That said though I am curious if the blood transmute will have a noticeable impact on the market.... Just need that vendor to spawn.

Crafted gear is about the best option for anyone not in full mythic gear and it takes 60 savage bloods to get 1 single piece to rank 4, so yeah it is worth it.

That said though I am curious if the blood transmute will have a noticeable impact on the market.... Just need that vendor to spawn.
Guess I'll get in on the savage blood frenzy.

Is Alchemy worth it to boost in 6.1? I'm taking Enchanting for one slot. Trying to figure out what I should boost for the second slot. Either Inscription or maybe something else.

HooYaH

What new graphics settings are you all running? I have a decent rig with a GTX 770 and am having a hard time deciding.

Everything maxed, but I set AA to 8xMSAA and CMAA. 2xSSAA + CMAA is doable on my 970, but there are major drops below 60fps.

Renekton

Guess I'll get in on the savage blood frenzy.

Is Alchemy worth it to boost in 6.1? I'm taking Enchanting for one slot. Trying to figure out what I should boost for the second slot. Either Inscription or maybe something else.
Alch is quite meh since the pots are dirt cheap on AH and the trinket is craptastic.

The alchemy trink is actually phenomenal compared to other trinkets in the 615-630 range but for some goddamn reason blizz doesn't want alchemists to have upgradeable crafted gear.

JSoup

Banned
Anyone else notice they seem to have added steps to old content flight paths? Stonard to that village outside Zul whatever use to be a straight shot, now it hooks around the furthest flight point first. Dalaran to New Agamand was also a straight shot, now it hooks around the farthest edge of the continent before sending me back.

Dunkley

So yesterday I went and tried BRF the first time, and wow I can't believe how much fun the boss fights are.

The Franz and Hans Orcs are the best, as an Austrian I love me some good Arnold Schwarzenegger-ish English. It's freaking hilarious.

By the way are there any requirements to get the S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera mission or is it pure RNG if it shows up or not?

PS: I went and updated myself on the GAF Player list. I am marked Blue as Horde tho in the faction tab but I can't change the fill color for some reason.

Apt101

i7-4790s, GTX 660 OC, and 12 GB of whatever was the fastest RAM this motherboard support. I run it at maximum everything, including whatever the best AA the client supports is (I forget) at 1080p. I can mutlitask just fine, and get anywhere between 45-60 fps in most settings where it matters (it jumps to some crazy fps when I'm doing nothing, like standing in a building by myself). I use to run it at a higher resolution as the Nvidia tool suggested, but I had a hard time reading the fonts and icons. But it otherwise looked damn cool.

Top Bottom