• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I'm very excited. Gonna take it slow, finish out the semester first, then enjoy some progression in the summer.

Gonna be weird being a DPS and NOT raidleading this time though.

Still gonna keep my prot warrior geared just in case I don't like DPSing :p

Glad to hear it man, best of luck to you!

It is going to be nicer for you to not RL I bet haha.

I'm kind of in a similar boat. I was RL in SoO with my last guild and I made the switch cross ream, cross faction and now I just worry about DPS in progression. So much nicer :)

Robin64

Don't forget that 6.1 brought heirloom upgrades via world event tokens, and there happens to be a world event on right now.

heiloomcuu4v.jpg

Gawd, look at my stupid face now...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It was fun logging on my old, defunct chars on random servers that may have still had heirlooms on them so that those items would get added to my collection. Ended up at 45 when all was said and done.

Don't forget that 6.1 brought heirloom upgrades via world event tokens, and there happens to be a world event on right now.

heiloomcuu4v.jpg

Gawd, look at my stupid face now...

Visiting 75 elders isn't fun though. It's probably faster for a lot of players just to earn the thousand gold and buy it from their faction vendor, instead.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I'm not sure I have it in me to collect more of those tokens -_-

Maybe on a toon I am leveling. Bah.

Yeah I couldn't bring myself to do it. I got all the ones on EK and then was like NOPE NOPE NOPE dropping 40k gold is better than doing this on 12 characters and then still dropping around 25k or so.

I have plenty of gold anyway (40k doesn't make much of a dent) but I am still just going to use my alts to mitigate the damage. I leveled my warrior from 93 to 100 last night with heirlooms (was comedy btw, only did SMV up to the T2 garrison quest then did all of Gorgrond and part of Spires and I hit 100) and he had around 6k gold at the end. If I level my DK and Paladin next and don't upgrade their Garrisons to T3 (as they don't really need T3 garrisons for what I use them for) I can roll the gold they get from leveling into cloth heirlooms and then I can roll the cloth alt gold into leather looms. Not sure if I need mail ones since my shaman is already max level and my hunter is almost level 95.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
It used to give you your highest stat, now it gives you your attuned stat.

about. fucking. time. (I'm assuming this came with 6.1?)

without reforging and with the current limited itemization, my demo lock's multistrike went like 150 higher than his mastery (despite mastery enchants on everything) so for the last week (two?) of raiding I was getting +100 MS. The problem was I would have had to seriously had to have farmed for mastery food just to avoid it...

Visiting 75 elders isn't fun though. It's probably faster for a lot of players just to earn the thousand gold and buy it from their faction vendor, instead.

yeah...... I get the cost... I mean they don't want you upgrading every item out of a world event. but in this case, I mean just the logistics of hitting 70 of them. I mean damn. Granted you have to hit all of them for the achievement. So if you are achievement hunting you'll end up with 84 anyway.

Robin64

Yeah, the pricing on the heirloom upgrade tokens from world events is really wonky.

Given how many heirlooms there are, I don't think it would be too out of the question to earn 2 or 3 of the tokens. As it is, I don't think you can even buy both of those tokens shown there.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This annoying bug that was present on the PTR for 6.1 appears to be present in the live version too. It happens whenever I tab out to do something else and then tab back to the game:

6.1bug_0145kwz.png

6.1bug_02wnjxp.png

Many objects and NPCs, including the player character, stop being rendered. Though the shadow of most objects is rendered within the blue/black space. Very irritating, hopefully I can sort this out. I'm also having certain problems with texture levels, can't get them low enough.

Update: It seems that the console variable basemip is not working properly at the moment. Submitted it as a bug, hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, the pricing on the heirloom upgrade tokens from world events is really wonky.

Given how many heirlooms there are, I don't think it would be too out of the question to earn 2 or 3 of the tokens. As it is, I don't think you can even buy both of those tokens shown there.

For the gold costs, I'd have to be rich as fuck to bother doing any of the upgrades to 100. Draenor leveling is jam packed with quests and shit, you certainly don't need the help.

ZenaxPure

For the gold costs, I'd have to be rich as fuck to bother doing any of the upgrades to 100. Draenor leveling is jam packed with quests and shit, you certainly don't need the help.

Even before this patch I've pretty much always kept efficiency in mind when buying heirlooms. Always agi leather/mail and dps plate heirlooms (as opposed to the tanking or like 1 healing plate heirloom).

You only need 40k gold if you go that route (bit more if you want to upgrade the non xp increasing pieces for some reason) which I guess can technically still be a lot for some people, but, it's not hard to grind out 40k if you really need it. Weapons of course are just not worth it, may as well not even added a level 100 upgrade for weapons when you can buy the level 91 crafted weapons for almost the same price. If that isn't an option frankly I'd rather just use quest weapons instead, but, I am in it just for the xp increase.

TheYanger

I just threw up the cloaks and the ring, then it's like 8k per alt to get heirlooms that go to max. That's really not that bad. I'd spend half of that on a BoE weapon on the AH and never use it again previously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got all the ones I need up to 90. The reason I like heirlooms is partially the exp bonus but mostly the fact that they keep up with your character while you constantly outlevel zones and it helps prevent things like having gray gear at level 40. The leveling's more balanced from 90 to 100, so I don't worry about that.

Though my buddy is going to test power leveling 90-100 through MoP dungeons using me, so I'll have to upgrade a few pieces.

VinFTW

Glad to hear it man, best of luck to you!

It is going to be nicer for you to not RL I bet haha.

I'm kind of in a similar boat. I was RL in SoO with my last guild and I made the switch cross ream, cross faction and now I just worry about DPS in progression. So much nicer :)

Good to hear, should be interesting :p

Although, I have to say, few dungeons already with bad tanks and I'm already wanting to tank again lmao

ampere

I just threw up the cloaks and the ring, then it's like 8k per alt to get heirlooms that go to max. That's really not that bad. I'd spend half of that on a BoE weapon on the AH and never use it again previously.

That's a fair comparison. A full set probably cuts leveling time in half too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any particular reason you can't fly at 85 in MoP now? Other than the grimoire stuff.

Does Blizzard think they still don't have enough gold sinks?

ZenaxPure

Pretty much what I was getting at, it's not that expensive in the grand scheme of things (unless you are incredibly poor), 40k gold can get you level 100 xp boosting heirlooms that every single class can use (assuming you had the base heirloom before this patch anyway) while still using the correct stats and armor type for a spec. It's a pretty good deal if you want to level every single class (granted I suspect the amount of people here that does level every class to max each xpac is probably not that high).

That Ashran nerf was sneaky as fuck. It wasn't even in the patchnotes.

You no longer get any CP from killing the two bosses.

So that's made it useless to me as I'm Alliance on my main. Alliance in general don't seem to even bother with events

Oscar

Did LFR for the first time ever (Highmaul).

Got mostly runes, is that......normal? Everyone else was getting phat loot.

I had enough heirlooms to get the mount achievement right off the bat, the vast, vast majority of that cost came from the upgrade items to get them level 100. 5k a pop per weapon soon adds up.

ZenaxPure

the 90-100 upgrade is where all the money goes.

Only the weapons really, which seems pointless to upgrade for reasons mentioned earlier.

To be fair though, if you have no heirlooms at all and are starting fresh it is still going to be kinda expensive just to get a bunch upgraded to level 90.

ZenaxPure

How did you guys get so much gold >.<

Honestly a lot of my gold so far this expansion has came from just running cata heroic 25 mans each week. You are getting close to 4k gold just from boss gold and then way more depending on the boss loot. 1h weapons vendor for around 25g and 2h weapons vendor for close to 50g. Nothing makes me happier than killing Deathwing and seeing him drop nothing but 2h weapons.

Professions as well, everything but engineering is still kind of healthy on my server. I have every profession at max so I craft a few things every week and sell them. In total I've made somewhere around 300k so far this expansion. Not really a lot but it piles up when you aren't actively spending it. These heirlooms are the first "major" thing I will be buying in WoD.

Shahadan

The Ashran change is stupid as fuck. The reasoning is correct but the solution...what the hell.
I don't undertsand why they seem to be completely lost with what to do with this place.

Apt101

I like this update. I feel like I have a lot to do. I also hate and love the Kromag fight. It's easy in that one just moves, follows a simple mechanic, and stays alive, but it seems tough on healers. I just run seal of light and heal myself a lot. My DPS decreases by a good 3-5k but it's worth it to stay alive and not be a burden to the healers.

Dysun

What's up with the food buff from Savage Feast? I'm getting Multistrike even though I have over 1000 more points in Mastery.

Man it's heartbreaking to see the same 3 people die over and over again to the same shit every fight. It's not fun raiding with someone you like, but then having that person be the reason a kill takes 30 wipes instead of 15.

Apt101

It feels good always topping the damage charts in LFR, even encounters I'm new to. But then, it's LFR, so who gives a shit? At least I feel like I'm helping.

I wish I had 230k gold to spend. I'm over here with my measly 8k.

How did you guys get so much gold >.<

I came into this expansion with about 20k which is about where I was through most of Pandaland. Now after dropping 230k on heirlooms, 50k on the Arakkoa rep mount, 120k on the expedition yak and 100k on the alliance bike I'm 'broke' at 70k.

A lot of my gold has come from old raids/mount runs, Dragon Soul in particular drops around 70-100 gold per boss before you even take into account cendoring the weapons and armour and I run it on five characters per week to try to get the two other mounts I need from there.

Then there's the fact I have five level 3 barns pumping out savage blood around the clock. The price on my server has dropped to around 400-600g each but when you consider I do about five hours grinding every two weeks (hour per character) and then sit on my arse, it's still a really good way to make gold.

And as said above, don't dismiss professions. Do your daily cooldowns, use your mine and herb garden on any characters which have them and craft stuff. Even basic pieces of tailoring/leatherworking/black smithing armour sell for 2-4k in my realm.

ZenaxPure

A lot of my gold has come from old raids/mount runs, Dragon Soul in particular drops around 70-100 gold per boss before you even take into account cendoring the weapons and armour and I run it on five characters per week to try to get the two other mounts I need from there.

Depends on what difficulty you run it on, Cata 25H is 125g per boss, not entirely sure of lower difficulties off the top of my head, I know Baradin Hold is 25g on 25N (as there is no heroic version), it's worth doing as well since you can clear the whole raid in less than 10 minutes if you are decently geared and the bosses commonly drop pvp pants which also vendor for ~20g each.

But yeah, if you have some geared alts and free time you could make some serious gold from just cata raids. It can be fairly time consuming since running every raid takes a while (mostly just in travel time of getting from raid to raid and then running through the instances) but it's probably the easiest and most reliable to make gold extremely fast right now.

Also honorable mention to ToC up in Icecrown, each boss drops a tier token that vendors for 50g and that raid had a lot of weapons that vendor for a lot as well.

Depends on what difficulty you run it on, Cata 25H is 125g per boss, not entirely sure of lower difficulties off the top of my head

Ahh I was talking about DS 10H, that what I run it on because I'm mainly there for mounts and that's the easiest/fastest setting they all drop from.

And if you're running DS for gold you should portal to Uldum and pop in to Throne of the Four Winds first. It's an incredibly quick raid (couple of minutes if you have half decent DPS), easily doable on 25H and drops a crapload of gear, tokens, gold and potentially a mount.

Negator

So I got 3 of the auto level 25 battle pet stones. What a hole I've dug myself in, jeez.

Went as far as to make a gnome on an unpopulated server to catch an Irradiated roach because none were on my server.

Carm

Is the launcher broken for everyone? Had to click on the exe to get into game and there is no trade channel working.

It's the Fur trader again for the profession daily... Blizzard can go to hell for this random bullshit.

Opened my cache from BRF, mission was against Blackhand. I got a cloak, that he doesn't even drop, drops off Kromog. First time a cache has giving me an item that wasn't one of the bosses in the mission.

Top Bottom