• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't find any sensible group for Normal or Heroic Highmaul today to do the weekly run for Abrogator Stones (I didn't have time over the weekend to do it), so thereby I ventured into Raid Finder. It was my first time there as I haven't bothered to due it until now, I've been able to get stones just fine from Normal before. Now, the situation was bad in Mists of Pandaria, but this was just enfeeblement in its purest form.

When I saw how Butcher was handled, with a complete disregard for all tactics whatsoever...

donald-duck-crazy50j2y.gif

Rösti;153539852 said:
I couldn't find any sensible group for Normal or Heroic Highmaul today to do the weekly run for Abrogator Stones (I didn't have time over the weekend to do it), so thereby I ventured into Raid Finder. It was my first time there as I haven't bothered to due it until now, I've been able to get stones just fine from Normal before. Now, the situation was bad in Mists of Pandaria, but this was just enfeeblement in its purest form.

When I saw how Butcher was handled, with a complete disregard for all tactics whatsoever...

donald-duck-crazy50j2y.gif

Its LFR. Its tuned down so inbred, knuckle-dragging, mouth breathers can do it. There are no mechanics, of if there are mechanics, they don't matter or do much less damage. The only time Ive had issues with LFR is on Imparetor. I have not tried BRF yet.

I think its great for blasting through raid collectables. It takes less than an hour for all 3 HM wings if you get a good group.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The changes to food are awful, my god. The amount of fish required is insane with each dish only giving one stack. Feasts were so nice to have.

The changes to food are awful, my god. The amount of fish required is insane with each dish only giving one stack. Feasts were so nice to have.

Yea at first I wasn't super worried about it because I just assumed each dish was giving 5. Then I realized it only gives one and now I'm torn because on the one hand, fishing will be useful and likely very profitable, on the other hand, I have to fucking fish now.

ampere

Yeah I'm really stunned at how poorly they are handling the consumable buff design this expac. That was the worst part of old WoW and they are bringing it back.

Mitch

Banned
Anyone on Kil'jaeden-US Horde want to gift me gametime? Willing to trade 17k gold for a month.

If this is frowned up here, I'll edit my post.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Main boss in Ashran does not give conquest anymore. That is how I was gearing my alts.
I guess alliance will abandon the place now since horde always dominate events.

Yea at first I wasn't super worried about it because I just assumed each dish was giving 5. Then I realized it only gives one and now I'm torn because on the one hand, fishing will be useful and likely very profitable, on the other hand, I have to fucking fish now.

I'm actually happy with it since I have a shitton of fish just stockpiled doing nothing. Plus, this gives market value to the leftover fish I always have after I filet them into stacks.

Pollux

Just got my new PC. Gonna resub today or tomorrow, but i don't know whether to play my old character, or start a new one. My old one was alliance, but I want to redo everyone from lvl 1 on horde. So I'll be on area 52 i think. Anyone on there in a decent sized guild?

Yeah I'm really stunned at how poorly they are handling the consumable buff design this expac. That was the worst part of old WoW and they are bringing it back.

You guys are talking like they changed Savage Fea--

*Reads Feast effect, looks at buff it gave me*

i47d7pv.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What changed?

Also, fuck Savage Feasts. Embrace the future.
One person puts a feast down. Everyone can use them and raid prep becomes that much less tedious. I'm not sure how the player experience is enhanced by being forced to engage with the cooking system.

One person puts a feast down. Everyone can use them and raid prep becomes that much less tedious. I'm not sure how the player experience is enhanced by being forced to engage with the cooking system.

The real problem is how materials are gathered. Farming for a level 3 barn and waiting for shipments is a serious pain in the ass. So while now people have to click something out of their inventory instead of an object on the ground, you can build up a stock of food on your own schedule.

VinFTW

Welcome back dude!

=)

The raids are good, fun times raiding right now.

I'm very excited. Gonna take it slow, finish out the semester first, then enjoy some progression in the summer.

Gonna be weird being a DPS and NOT raidleading this time though.

Still gonna keep my prot warrior geared just in case I don't like DPSing :p

Rokam

Found a bug with the heirloom mount. If you're in your garrison, someone can jump into your vehicle and take off with you in it and you can't kick em out.

The real problem is how materials are gathered. Farming for a level 3 barn and waiting for shipments is a serious pain in the ass. So while now people have to click something out of their inventory instead of an object on the ground, you can build up a stock of food on your own schedule.

Feasts barely take anything to get them though and (at least on my server) are cheap as hell anyways. You only need one or maybe 2 people to farm them over the week to supply the raid. Now you're asking every single person in your raid to either A) farm their own food or B) buy it from AH for what I assume (never really looked at the price of fish) is more than what Savaged Feasts cost, for a very minimum gain.

TheYanger

Found a bug with the heirloom mount. If you're in your garrison, someone can jump into your vehicle and take off with you in it and you can't kick em out.

That is an amazing bug. Literally kidnapping people in their sidecars!

I love the jukebox. Didn't think I would. collecting songs is now my jam.

Argent Tournament garrison music for life.

JSoup

Banned
I feel like I'm not completely understanding what I'm being asked to do to get Jones. These are dailies that pop up randomly? Mixed with equally random missions?

ZenaxPure

Argent Tournament garrison music for life.

Argent Tournament music has been one of my favorites for long time, such a great track. I think my only complaints with the jukebox is that in the alliance garrison (unsure about horde as I haven't tried yet) sometimes walking into the town hall will change the music which is annoying, and, I wish there was a shuffle option.

Oh also blizz kazoo inn music please, pleeeeeeeassseeeeee. I need to live in a world where I can invite 39 strangers into my garrison for the raid bosses and force them to listen to the kazoo inn theme the entire fight.

Unintentionally got 250 mounts completed tonight. Hopped on and figured I'd get the chauffeur mount easily enough. In doing so I then checked and saw I only needed one more mount. Somehow I had lost count and thought I'd still need two more. The change to leatherworking (and likely other professions) meant I could go from 640 to 700 buy just buying the mats on the AH. Got a ton of Raw Beast Hide and maxed that quickly. Still had 170 burnished leather since I had been building that up intending to use those to hit 700. So I got the leatherworking mount and ta-da, 250 mounts.

Now it's the tough part of either putting the game down for awhile, which I generally do for at least a few months each expansion, or keep subscribed and try to stay interested. The jukebox collection stuff has me somewhat interested. I could still work on other mounts. I still haven't run all the WoD dungeons, let alone go through them on heroic. I'm ilvl 640+ so at this point I could also check out LFR. And lastly I've put some thought into trying to get "serious" into pet collecting.

I have plenty of other games I could play so it's not as if I'll be bored without WoW. I hit my 250 mount goal and that's really all that matters for me.

Hmm.

Well, it appears my Blackrock Caches are heroic.

That's just fine with me.

Hilariously, my first Blackrock raid is against Blackhand.

I sent three followers who have a higher level than I do to fight heroic Blackhand, a boss I won't see for a good while.

YAY.

Carm

I'm assuming the Blackrock cache is broken. I just got a normal one to pop up. I've never done LFR BRF and have killed 13 normal bosses. Same exact number of bosses killed by other guild members, on normal, who had also done LFR BRF got heroic cache...

ZenaxPure

Well it seems that patch 6.1 does have a title after all! Excite.

Hahaha, holy shit.

In other news either I am really lucky or the new raid pets have a ridiculously higher drop rate than those of the past. I did a quick run through BT and got every pet except for 2 of the fragments (since iirc only one can drop per kill). Pretty nice as I really dislike running BT, too large of an instance.

Robin64

What changed with feasts?

Isn't it just that the best food now is personal food, rather than a feast? There's new +125 stat recipes. I think they're quite expensive to make too, in terms of gathering the fish and how many you get per craft (1).

Wow, I didn't know monks were so easy to level

45% xp buff from heirlooms + 50% buff from enlightenment means it won't even take a week to get to 100

Repo Man

This might drown among patch day excitement/complaints but I'll try.

I'm looking for a PvE horde realm on EU where horde does alright in random battlegrounds. Not after some magical realm with near 100% win rate but the higher the better ofcourse.

I wanna reroll a blood elf female for some casual pvp because DAT ASS BRO'S!!! Oh and yea, I'm a 33 year old dude who wants to look like Paris Hilton in mmo's but thats my thing and I'm sticking to it!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am leveling a character with Heirlooms for the first time. I have: helm, neck, shoulders, cape, chest, guild rep tabard, legs, 2 trinkets. Did I miss any?

And this is really fast. I press 1 button and anything dies. I think zone progression might get a bit confusing as I quickly out level everything.

Mupod

got bracers out of mythic BRF cache, nice but I already had 686. Couldn't give me something for one of my many 665/670 slots instead? Absolutely zero Vanquisher drops all night in 9/10 heroic foundry too, 4 bonus rolls all gold. Might as well have just played monster hunter all night. At least the bracers are nice, although I have no idea if haste/mastery is best in slot for moonkins nor do I particularly care anymore.

Whining aside we somehow managed to (almost) one shot blast furnace after racking up something like 30 wipes on it in the last week. Didn't make any major changes, our rogue came back and hunters apparently got buffs. We went from needing 2 rounds of slag elementals on the primal elementalists to easily killing them with time to spare for cleaning up firecallers. We likely would have had the same effect by bringing 30 people, but we're all sick of pugs and our applicants are all flaky as shit.

Robin64

I am leveling a character with Heirlooms for the first time. I have: helm, neck, shoulders, cape, chest, guild rep tabard, legs, 2 trinkets. Did I miss any?

And this is really fast. I press 1 button and anything dies. I think zone progression might get a bit confusing as I quickly out level everything.

There's a ring, Dread Pirate Ring, but it's not exactly easy to get.

Hari Seldon

This garrison shit is some serious mobile fuckery. First I gotta log in every day to put my guys on missions or miss out, now that they are maxed Blizzard adds this bullshit random vendor that forces me to log in every day or miss out. This is straight out of some generic mobile F2P game. Fuck this noise, I don't think I'm going to keep my sub much longer.

You forgot a weapon. I have no idea where they are sold now. They used to be the DM fair, but I think blizz moved them out now.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
You forgot a weapon. I have no idea where they are sold now. They used to be the DM fair, but I think blizz moved them out now.

Forgot that, but I do have the weapon.
Bought a few extra heirlooms to get the mount. Looks like my noob is ready to go.

M.D

Anyone ever done a faction change? reading people's problems and it seems it has a ton of problems from quests not showing up, portals not working and so on

I plan to do faction change my hunter once he's 100 and I can find a horde guild on another server, but it seems like the garrison and followers might make it more problematic

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Anyone ever done a faction change? reading people's problems and it seems it has a ton of problems from quests not showing up, portals not working and so on

I plan to do faction change my hunter once he's 100 and I can find a horde guild on another server, but it seems like the garrison and followers might make it more problematic

The only ingame issue I had was I had to redo the cata portal quests.
I also hit a popular bug where my characters did not show in the armory for 3 months. They just popped up about 2 weeks ago so not sure if Blizz fixed the bug.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I love the belf models. I have a paladin and mage and both look WAY WAY better.

did the jukebox quest. basically mandatory. so sick of garrison music.

got my 35 heirloom achievement (only needed to buy 9)

recruited a Treasure follower from my inn. no friggin blues... so I have to level him from scratch...

I was never complaining about "no content" to begin with... so the added content is nice.. 2 toons to 100, a third at 92.. good times.

Top Bottom