• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There is something really sad about wiping to a boss for four+ hours with a dedicated raid group, and then the next day baby mode comes out and people just breeze through it without paying attention to any of the mechanics.

ZenaxPure

My friend did it today and said 'wow that was easy'

I think he might be one of the easiest fights in the whole raid. I could see it being hard if your group dps is really awful but otherwise the phase transitions will come so fast most of the mechanics won't matter.

Shahadan

Someone on twitter asked them for a Library tab or something to store all the books you can get.
That would be an awesome idea. I still have vanilla books in my bank.

TomServo

I did LFR BH. It was super easy. I didn't even take much damage.

Total faceroll. In P3 his massive shattering smash barely knocks back. Mines in all phases tickle. Not sure if slagged debuff is even there. P2 balcony can be ignored.

EDIT: difference between Blackhand and Imp is that LFR heroes can tunnel the boss and be fine. 9 out of 10 LFR Imp wipes were due to completely ignoring adds.

There is something really sad about wiping to a boss for four+ hours with a dedicated raid group, and then the next day baby mode comes out and people just breeze through it without paying attention to any of the mechanics.

I'm happy baby mode is there because that means I get my quests done and that matters a lot to me.

But yeah tonight's going to be 3 hours of wiping to heroic blast furnace so it's bittersweet at best.

Do tanks even come out in P2 LFR blackhand?

Nokterian

Finally got my Raven Lord..took me long enough!

CA-n1CTW8AA9T0w.jpg:large

M.D

Really good raiding night, we got 8/10 with only 2 wipes on Oregorger and Maidens and I wasn't there for the wipe after the first ship because I bugged on the ship

Tomorrow is the big night, Furnace and hopefully Blackhand!
I'm up to 679 now and keep improving with the hunter, but still need to practice on aoe

It took us three wipes on LFR to take Blackhand down. Tanks were completely clueless to the mechanics. One tank was getting one shot each pull. He got kicked.

I need 280 more runes to be done with the ring. Unless I get some crazy RNG on the 8 bosses left, I won't be done for another three weeks.

My BRF cache had the same bracers I got from the last BRF cache two weeks ago. :/ 30 items in there I can equip and it gives me the same thing twice. WHAT ARE THE ODDS.

Renekton

My BRF cache had the same bracers I got from the last BRF cache two weeks ago. :/ 30 items in there I can equip and it gives me the same thing twice. WHAT ARE THE ODDS.
Brohug.

I got exact same ring from HM cache right after looting from PUG.

I got two shoulders from BRF cache right after giving up and spending 30k on LW shoulders.

Brohug.

I got exact same ring from HM cache right after looting from PUG.

I got two shoulders from BRF cache right after giving up and spending 30k on LW shoulders.

This here is why I refuse to get a crafted trinket to replace my shitty 645.

The minute I do, I'll go into BRF and get a drop. You can't win. -_-

Renekton

This here is why I refuse to get a crafted trinket to replace my shitty 645.

The minute I do, I'll go into BRF and get a drop. You can't win. -_-
It just fking happened again.

I got Elemental Shielding Talisman from BRF mission right after looting it from a H BF pug the day before.

JSoup

Banned
Huh, I'm being blocked from running dungeons on a level 15 by that "choose which faction gets a bonus" thing, since you have to set one to run a dungeon, but there aren't any faction that can get bonuses at that low a level.

Huh, I'm being blocked from running dungeons on a level 15 by that "choose which faction gets a bonus" thing, since you have to set one to run a dungeon, but there aren't any faction that can get bonuses at that low a level.

You shouldn't be forced to choose one unless they changed something in 6.1 or later that I don't know about. Could be a bug.

Milennia

well we finally killed mythic blackhand... so many issues this tier and we finished well below expectations but we are sucking it up and fixing the issues before next tier

ampere

Sounds like a bug. Make a ticket and bug report or Google the issue.

well we finally killed mythic blackhand... so many issues this tier and we finished well below expectations but we are sucking it up and fixing the issues before next tier

Grats. We are working on Thogar tonight, I hear it is an exciting fight.

Yay we killed heroic blast furnace after only two hours of wiping to it. It's nice to feel moderately competent for a change, especially considering I'm the only remaining player in the group who gets pugged into attempts. :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you get your Flametalon today? I got mine today, was pretty excited. I've actually always liked it as it totally looks like it is made out of lava.

Yep, which means I can start saving a lockout at Rag instead now. Or Majordomo because my druid still needs the toy.

It just fking happened again.

I got Elemental Shielding Talisman from BRF mission right after looting it from a H BF pug the day before.

Damn.

That kind of luck would make me want to quit.

Not really. But I'd be damn angry. Stay strong. :(

At least when I get my next cache, it'll be a mythic one, so it'll still be an upgrade regardless. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So when do you guys think the great hunter nerf will happen? They've always been popular, but I have never seen so many in every aspect of the game(arena, lfr, heroic pugs, farming, etc). I don't think I've been in a single LFR with less than 6 hunters on my alts.

It can't just be a DPS nerf either. I'm suspecting Aspect of the Fox will be changed to where it can only be used once per cooldown so you can't stack hunters to have like 30 seconds of movement casting.

M.D

So when do you guys think the great hunter nerf will happen? They've always been popular, but I have never seen so many in every aspect of the game(arena, lfr, heroic pugs, farming, etc). I don't think I've been in a single LFR with less than 6 hunters on my alts.

It can't just be a DPS nerf either. I'm suspecting Aspect of the Fox will be changed to where it can only be used once per cooldown so you can't stack hunters to have like 30 seconds of movement casting.

what's wrong with a purely dps class being good at what it does

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The fact that they're doing a lot more than pure dps. Hunters are more 'hybrid' than any other 'hybrid' class.

If you want to go hybrid tax route then Hunters should have a net dps nerf for being both a ranged class and being able to attack on the move. Giving them an advantage over melee and casters

It's not just the dps, it's the extremely high survivability and mobility + their class-exclusive raid cooldown that puts them firmly in 'mandatory' territory for even the smallest groups. Hunters can do everything but bubble other people lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't think hunters really stood out until their set bonuses, particularly for Beastmastery. Mages don't have quite as much utility but I still think they're the strongest damage class out there.

Ultratech

It's not just the dps, it's the extremely high survivability and mobility + their class-exclusive raid cooldown that puts them firmly in 'mandatory' territory for even the smallest groups. Hunters can do everything but bubble other people lol.

Pretty much.

They have lots of perks and benefits that are super useful, as well as lots of utility.

-Ranged and completely mobile while doing damage (unless you're Marks I guess...?)
-Heavy damage coming up? DETERRENCE! (If it doesn't completely deflect/null attacks, it still gets reduced pretty heavily.)
-Somebody needs more threat? Wanna just get somebody killed anyways? Misdirect!
-Pets. NOM NOM NOM (Pet growls and becomes a tank. Party gets pissed.)
-"But I wanna be mobile like a Hunter, too!" *cue Aspect of the Fox*
-They can jump backwards. DISENGAGE! (Also, it's a total lifesaver if you fall, since it resets your fall distance.)
-Traps, yo.
-Stealth? Sorta. Anti-Stealth? Flares. (Or whatever floats your boat.)
-Wanna go fast? Sure. Wanna make everybody go faster? You can do that too. Just don't get hit because ASPECT OF SLOW isn't fun.
-Everything going to hell? Incoming wipe? *Feigns Death* "Oh hey, I survived." *begins Mass Res*
-Did I mention pets? Did I mention their abilities? You now have almost every important buff.

(On a side note, I had way too much fun coming up with this stuff.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't forget concussive shot, pet sac, aoe stun, purge, snare break, and that 2/3 Hunter specs have an execute. And marksman being mobile means they lose 5% of their damage. As opposed to casters who move and lose... 100% of their damage.

M.D

Pretty much.

They have lots of perks and benefits that are super useful, as well as lots of utility.

-Ranged and completely mobile while doing damage (unless you're Marks I guess...?)
-Heavy damage coming up? DETERRENCE! (If it doesn't completely deflect/null attacks, it still gets reduced pretty heavily.) - plus 100% armor or 10% helth as a boomkin, passive regan, instant 30% heal, cenarion ward - the choice is yours. Also, barskin and throw around heals as much as you like
-Somebody needs more threat? Wanna just get somebody killed anyways? Misdirect! - pop Heart of the Wild and start tankig
-Pets. NOM NOM NOM (Pet growls and becomes a tank. Party gets pissed.) - is this supposed to be an advantage?
-"But I wanna be mobile like a Hunter, too!" *cue Aspect of the Fox* - raid utility! why even complain about something that helps you? Its like complaining about druids having stampede
-They can jump backwards. DISENGAGE! (Also, it's a total lifesaver if you fall, since it resets your fall distance.) - displacer beast! wild charge!
-Traps, yo.
-Stealth? Sorta. Anti-Stealth? Flares. (Or whatever floats your boat.) ' stelath for real even if you're a boomkin!
-Wanna go fast? Sure. Wanna make everybody go faster? You can do that too. Just don't get hit because ASPECT OF SLOW isn't fun. - stampede! More comppainig about raid utility
-Everything going to hell? Incoming wipe? *Feigns Death* "Oh hey, I survived." *begins Mass Res*- revive everyone instead of making them walk all the way to the boss! Fucking hunters man
-Did I mention pets? Did I mention their abilities? You now have almost every important buff. More raid utility complaining
Do you guys complain about boomkins mastery buff? Ot priest stamina? I wouldn't even care if theh gavr hunters a permanent raif buff like other classes but having differett bufffs for different pets makes too much sense and helps everyone so again who cares?

(On a side note, I had way too much fun coming up with this stuff.)

I was playing a boomkin as my main up until recently, let's edit your post and see how druids are in need for a nerf.

Seriously, most complaints here are non-issues that don't affect anyone else.
Complaining about detterance.. really? Is there any class without defensive cooldowns and talents?

You know what, you go ahead and run from berserker rush, manage stacks, handle the flame throwers, soak on koragh and handle wrath (outdated but you get the point)

It sounds like more than anything people are bitter that hunters can cast on the move

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It sounds like more than anything people are bitter that hunters can cast on the move

And even if that were JUST it, it would still be enough. Every other class got severely nerfed in the movement department, and it makes playing as a ranged in PvP a fucking headache.

Renekton

On my warrior, if a hunter wants to gank me, there is nothing I can do to escape or fight back.

They have answers to everything, and they will burst me down before they need to use the entire kit.

I was playing a boomkin as my main up until recently, let's edit your post and see how druids are in need for a nerf.

Seriously, most complaints here are non-issues that don't affect anyone else.
Complaining about detterance.. really? Is there any class without defensive cooldowns and talents?

You know what, you go ahead and run from berserker rush, manage stacks, handle the flame throwers, soak on koragh and handle wrath (outdated but you get the point)

I was kind of with you until your edit. You make it sound like Hunters are the only class that do those things. I've done them all on my Mage at one point (except handle wrath which I'm not sure what it is since I didn't raid much last expansion). Any class can do those things, Hunters are just the best at them by far in most cases. Also are you implying that Berserker Rush and soaking on Ko'ragh are hard in some way?

Atlantis

Guild downed Heroic Blackhand tonight, happy with the pull and the rapid progress with made with attempts tonight.

No trinket though. :((((

Renekton

Guild downed Heroic Blackhand tonight, happy with the pull and the rapid progress with made with attempts tonight.

No trinket though. :((((
Grats! Did you coin it too?

I'm hoping to get more heroic BH tries in myself, too bad PUGs chicken-and-egg it by requiring AoTC.

Atlantis

Grats! Did you coin it too?

I'm hoping to get more heroic BH tries in myself, too bad PUGs chicken-and-egg it by requiring AoTC.

Nah, I actually completely forgot coins for raids this week. :p Probably wouldn't have saved one anyway, as we really weren't close enough to kill coming in this week for it.

Negator

We had a whole bunch of drama in which a guildie reported a guildie for botting, him and his sister got banned, they investigated our guild and banned four more people, 3 people gquit (reporter and two friends of his).

What a mess. Anyone want to join a 10/10H alliance guild? lolol

Shahadan

I wish they gave us the ff14 class system someday ;(

Would work well with the heirloom tab and would be a bigger thing than allowing new class/race combos.
And fix the low pop in the old zones problem for a long time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can get Draenor for £16.84, worth it?

Some people will say that there isn't much to do for the end game, but the actual lvling/questing experience is worth seeing at least once, and that price seems reasonable for that. You'll get more hours of gameplay by just questing than a typical new single player game sold twice that price.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Some people will say that there isn't much to do for the end game, but the actual lvling/questing experience is worth seeing at least once, and that price seems reasonable for that. You'll get more hours of gameplay by just questing than a typical new single player game sold twice that price.

Excellent :)

Just a shame none of my friends play anymore

Excellent :)

Just a shame none of my friends play anymore

The amount of work they put in to transform it into essentially a glorified SP MMO lite is pretty interesting. With all the garrison and all your followers and pets and what not running around, all the pushing people into daily heroics and even LFR, it's never been easier to play it as a solo game. Not as fun of course, but there you are.

Top Bottom