• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ZenaxPure

Bought every single heirloom.

no fucks given

The real question is did you upgrade them. I already had most of the heirlooms myself before the patch, was mostly missing the PVP ones but when trying to get exalted with Ashran I made something ridiculous, like 25 or 30k honor, spent most of it on heirlooms.

Honestly that was kind of why I had so many heirlooms anyway. I spent the past few expansions with no clue what to spend all the JP I had on so I just bought heirlooms.

strafer

The real question is did you upgrade them. I already had most of the heirlooms myself before the patch, was mostly missing the PVP ones but when trying to get exalted with Ashran I made something ridiculous, like 25 or 30k honor, spent most of it on heirlooms.

Honestly that was kind of why I had so many heirlooms anyway. I spent the past few expansions with no clue what to spend all the JP I had on so I just bought heirlooms.

some I had were already 1-90.

but no, havent upgraded.

Fjordson

I've gotten pretty much every heirloom over the past few years and I remember I went on a justice point dungeon marathon the week before the heirlooms were originally removed, so I have all of them upgraded to 1 through 90. Pretty awesome I'll be able to use them all the way to 100 now, though. I don't even remember hearing that they were going to do that back when I stopped playing in December.

Now the question is: troll or undead rogue??

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gear looks less shitty on Trolls.

PVPing as a caster right now is pure misery unless you're a mage. If you're not melee, hunters, some healers, or mages then go home. I'm really glad they removed lighting bolt mobility because that totally broke the game. The eternal kiting, insane damaging hunters, insane pressure are fine tho.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Hopefully you dont get burned. I would of payed by the dungeon. Not a complete run. Easy to tell a group is good or not just by one of the harder dungeons.

We ended up finishing it up tonight. Guess they were just having a bad run earlier and needed a break to start fresh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Glad I got my Warbringer mounts before WoD came out. Good fucking luck not finding CRZ shitters farming every single spot on every single server.

ZenaxPure

Glad I got my Warbringer mounts before WoD came out. Good fucking luck not finding CRZ shitters farming every single spot on every single server.

Yeah me too, I never see them alive anymore. Also just glad to experience it honestly, I leveled my DK just to farm them and soloing them as a fresh DK in greens was pretty challenging but really satisfying to do. Also got enough mats from them and the occasional trip through Townlong to level almost every profession without buying any mats or farming them traditional ways lol.

Just got my 3rd rare spawn mount in Draenor (thank you dead server). Still need to find Gorok, Poundfist, and Nakk the Thunderer.

People might not be doing them anymore but since all the mounts save one are group wide drops I was just constantly checking the LFG tool for groups, that is how I got everyone of them except for the Talbuk (was just there as I was passing by one night) and Poundfist (who I camped at the start of the xpac). I assume most people have moved on though given how easy they were to get.

Yeah me too, I never see them alive anymore. Also just glad to experience it honestly, I leveled my DK just to farm them and soloing them as a fresh DK in greens was pretty challenging but really satisfying to do. Also got enough mats from them and the occasional trip through Townlong to level almost every profession without buying any mats or farming them traditional ways lol.

People might not be doing them anymore but since all the mounts save one are group wide drops I was just constantly checking the LFG tool for groups, that is how I got everyone of them except for the Talbuk (was just there as I was passing by one night) and Poundfist (who I camped at the start of the xpac). I assume most people have moved on though given how easy they were to get.

I check LFG for them but the all 3 I've found were on my server. Slithide was the only one I found on accident (and what got me looking for the rest).

ZenaxPure

I check LFG for them but the all 3 I've found were on my server. Slithide was the only one I found on accident (and what got me looking for the rest).

Yeah it's something I've been curious about this far into the expansion, like how many people are actively looking for them now. Every one I got into a group for was quite literally a 40 man raid. Actually the silthide I got was two 40 man raids worth of people, was nuts.

H Blast Furnace is so annoying when you have to PUG half a raid. One quarter of the people have no clue what's going on and the second quarter leave because of the first quarter. This is turning into Imp 2.0 where we spend 1/3+ of our raid night sitting around waiting for people.

Renekton

H Blast Furnace is so annoying when you have to PUG half a raid. One quarter of the people have no clue what's going on and the second quarter leave because of the first quarter. This is turning into Imp 2.0 where we spend 1/3+ of our raid night sitting around waiting for people.
Can't all blame the randoms :/

H BF pugs (not saying yours) tend to have high item levels requirements (saw a 683+ at LFG tool), armory-filtering and one mistake=kick policy. People will develop short patience accordingly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need a toy(or just a garrison upgrade) that's your personal secretary where you can summon them like the Hobgoblin to do missions while you're not at your base. Put it on like a 5 hour cooldown or something.

Galleon being on a 2 hour timer vs Sha's 15 minutes seems dumb.

ZenaxPure

Can't summon him outside of Draenor though which is my main complaint with him. Chances are if I am on Draenor I am at my garrison so it's not all that useful.

Honestly I find it a shame you can't use followers in the old world. I am not sure I see the harm in my follower hanging out in Stormwind with me or whatever.

Yeah it's something I've been curious about this far into the expansion, like how many people are actively looking for them now. Every one I got into a group for was quite literally a 40 man raid. Actually the silthide I got was two 40 man raids worth of people, was nuts.

While I was killing Slithide I didn't have anyone else show up lol.

strafer

aaaaw

hzaSN7u.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seems kind of dumb that the only way you can get the boots to match the Rogue tier from ToT is from trash in the raid or to have a LW created it(which requires haunting spirits, which no one puts on the AH these days)

Seems kind of dumb that the only way you can get the boots to match the Rogue tier from ToT is from trash in the raid or to have a LW created it(which requires haunting spirits, which no one puts on the AH these days)

I think Haunting Spirits were the rarest mat during MoP, even during SoO they were fairly expensive. Not sure if they were higher during ToT (obv. at the beginning of the patch but I dunno about during its height).

Karl Hawk

Banned
You know, trying out private servers makes me feel ''bleh'' all inside. I seriously didn't like weapon skills system and I'm a bit mixed in regards to buying spells from class trainers.

Makes me wonder how people from TBC/WoLTK-era managed to endure that shit.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You know, trying out private servers makes me feel ''bleh'' all inside. I seriously didn't like weapon skills system and I'm a bit mixed in regards to buying spells from class trainers.

Makes me wonder how people from TBC/WoLTK-era managed to endure that shit.

Not knowing any better makes a world of difference.

Taking things that took time and effort out of the game was a slow process; weapon skills, actually going into dungeons, leveling up.

After a while people fondly remember the slow arduous stuff because it was new and different, not because it was grindy.

Negator

Finally took down Heroic Iron Maidens, now only Blackhand and... Blast Furnace :(

If it makes you feel any better we spent way more time on Maidens than Blast Furnace. All that really matters is if you can burn the Primal Elementalists in one slag. While interrupting firecallers.

Nokterian

Not knowing any better makes a world of difference.

Taking things that took time and effort out of the game was a slow process; weapon skills, actually going into dungeons, leveling up.

After a while people fondly remember the slow arduous stuff because it was new and different, not because it was grindy.

I don't know how many people have that achievement but i have it to get your weapon skill up back then. Thinking back i am glad they removed all of this,getting back to town to get new ranks of skills interrupted the flow of questing because you were not powerful enough to defeat the slightly higher enemy's.

Fjordson

I can't decide on a horde realm. Tichondrius seems okay, but I guess guilds and most players are focused on PvP. I like how high pop Illidan is, but trade is all Chinese for some reason which is kinda weird.

Might try out area 52. It's a bummer it's PvE, but I like the high pop.

edit: any horde here play on Mal'Ganis?

TheYanger

I can't decide on a horde realm. Tichondrius seems okay, but I guess guilds and most players are focused on PvP. I like how high pop Illidan is, but trade is all Chinese for some reason which is kinda weird.

Might try out area 52. It's a bummer it's PvE, but I like the high pop.

edit: any horde here play on Mal'Ganis?
There are several of us on malganis =) best server na

Fjordson

There are several of us on malganis =) best server na
Ooh, neat! I'll check it out then.

I know some people weren't too happy about the WoW token announcement, but I'm actually excited. For years what's kept me from starting a horde character is starting over economically without all the gold from my Alliance characters. Being able to (I assume) buy and sell a token with a newer horde character will be really nice.

M.D

If it makes you feel any better we spent way more time on Maidens than Blast Furnace. All that really matters is if you can burn the Primal Elementalists in one slag. While interrupting firecallers.

I just personally don't like that fight so doing it on heroic is not something I'm excited about

We'll see how it goes tho.. it all depends on people coming prepared and putting their best effort. I believe!

Shahadan

I wish they would talk about 6.2 a bit...
Right now we have nothing to look forward to (well except for the obvious tanaan jungle, but even that is a bit blurry) and we don't even know for sure if it is the last content patch.

I wish they would talk about 6.2 a bit...
Right now we have nothing to look forward to (well except for the obvious tanaan jungle, but even that is a bit blurry) and we don't even know for sure if it is the last content patch.
Two patches for this expansion would be weak. I'm expecting at least one more after 6.2 if they actually start creating expansions quicker (which is still yet to be seen.)

Two patches for this expansion would be weak. I'm expecting at least one more after 6.2 if they actually start creating expansions quicker (which is still yet to be seen.)

In my head ideally I'd love to see them to get a fantasy schedule of yearly expansions with three patches released quarterly. Not saying all three major patches have to release something like a raid but each should have at least one decent sized focus of content along with smaller side content.

I think my hatred of this expansion is just making me a bit bitter about all of it.

ampere

In my head ideally I'd love to see them to get a fantasy schedule of yearly expansions with three patches released quarterly. Not saying all three major patches have to release something like a raid but each should have at least one decent sized focus of content along with smaller side content.

I think my hatred of this expansion is just making me a bit bitter about all of it.

I think that would be too much leveling up honestly. I'd get questing/leveling fatigue doing it yearly. I like the 2 year cycle, they just need to balance it with more evenly spaced patches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys want to buy my expansions when they're yearly then?

I'm shocked people want Blizzard to charge people more money as expansions rather than saying they need to push out more content per each expansion. I'm not giving blizzard 50 dollars to 'not fuck up again'

cdyhybrid

You guys want to buy my expansions when they're yearly then?

I'm shocked people want Blizzard to charge people more money as expansions rather than saying they need to push out more content per each expansion. I'm not giving blizzard 50 dollars to 'not fuck up again'

I think the hope is that they lower the cost of expansions if they come more frequently, since they'll contain less content.

We all know they won't do it though

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I get a lot of playtime out of this game, so I don't mind spending $50 yearly for an expansion if they have a decent amount of content.

But on the other hand I leveled 5 characters to 100 so far and don't think I feel like leveling again anytime soon. So part of me also wouldn't mind a 2 year cycle with regular updates.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rogue transmog done. Those boots cost me way too much gold now that ToT isn't current but isn't easily farmable.
Last one I got leflt is getting my Mage H ToT tier, so I can be a He-Man villain.

cdyhybrid

I get a lot of playtime out of this game, so I don't mind spending $50 yearly for an expansion if they have a decent amount of content.

But on the other hand I leveled 5 characters to 100 so far and don't think I feel like leveling again anytime soon. So part of me also wouldn't mind a 2 year cycle with regular updates.

Or they could just make the leveling 5 levels with each expansion. And not make it take as long as 10 levels like in MOP.

Top Bottom