• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Renekton

You guys want to buy my expansions when they're yearly then?

I'm shocked people want Blizzard to charge people more money as expansions rather than saying they need to push out more content per each expansion. I'm not giving blizzard 50 dollars to 'not fuck up again'
Gameplay value in terms of dollar is really hard to quantify. It's a matter of how much utility/fun you get out of the package.

If next expansion has Pandaren Druids, I'm day one D:

ZenaxPure

Rogue transmog done. Those boots cost me way too much gold now that ToT isn't current but isn't easily farmable.

Nice, I was using the ToT tier for a while on my rogue with the conquest dagger because it just matches the set so well imo but I recently got around to farming an iron horde hat/shoulder token and bought the entire Stormwind armor set and am using it. I just find using a plate looking set on a non-plate class to be amusing, plus the updated SW armor looks really nice.

Also love those daggers, when I feel like having daggers that rest on my back I mix them with the Cataclysm rogue pvp set as it is also purple and green. Assuming that is the dagger version anyway, you could somehow still have the sword versions from original ZG I guess :eek:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Two patches for this expansion would be weak. I'm expecting at least one more after 6.2 if they actually start creating expansions quicker (which is still yet to be seen.)
I don't really know what else they're supposed to do. Most of Draenor's potential for side stories have been cut off. The entire expansion has built itself around the singular storyline of Gul'dan and his involvement with the Iron Horde. There's just loads of loose threads hanging between where the game currently is and Tanaan Jungle. It needs to come next, but it's also really the climax point for the story the entire expansion is built around. Adding in something afterwards would just feel like a step backwards.

Farahlon and the Ogre homeland are still on the table as potential inclusions, but how could they ever be a significant factor in the story after the player base storms Tanaan? The native draenei could have played a bigger role but they're so far removed from the storyline of the orcs at this point. Same goes for the Arakkoa. Adding significant content to Draenor is almost an impossible task.

dimb

Would have been nice to see them explore the fungus stuff that's coming out of the ocean a little more.
Depends what's on the table for post-Draenor. If it's Azshara or South Seas and there's loads of ocean stuff they probably want to hold their cards on water based stuff until then. Zangar Sea is just really empty and undeveloped, so expanding on it would probably just take too much work.

ZenaxPure

Farahlon and the Ogre homeland are still on the table as potential inclusions, but how could they ever be a significant factor in the story after the player base storms Tanaan? The native draenei could have played a bigger role but they're so far removed from the storyline of the orcs at this point. Same goes for the Arakkoa. Adding significant content to Draenor is almost an impossible task.

I think Farahlon is pretty ripe for a Timeless Isle style inclusion, no reason to even really have a story really. Ogre homeland is the one I don't see any potential in.

It really does feel like they wrote themselves into a corner though, there is almost nothing in the leveling experience that hints at other things going on on Draenor. Wrath questing had Yogg-Sarron and the argent tourney storylines, Cata had the plane of fire and water storylines (the plane of water stuff being axed obviously), and Mists had the thunder king revival/return to power and the impending war between the alliance and the horde. Draenor had 5 zones about the Iron Horde and one zone about the Arrakoa which had a pretty definite resolution. I really can't think of a single thing off the top of my head we can do in the story other than assault Tanaan. If there is going to be a third raid tier they will have to start introducing the story for it in the Tanaan patch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Would have been nice to see them explore the fungus stuff that's coming out of the ocean a little more.

Seems like the more interesting side stuff almost always gets thrown aside with these expansions. Like an Uldum raid, like the Nerubian city, like the Arrakoa, etc. One thing I dug about MOP prior to SoO was that the storyline felt very open. It didn't feel like the usual, 'We got here, we got to kill demons/the undead/deathwing's minions.' The stuff with the Mantid was incredible even if I hated the boss fights of the raid itself. Same with MSV and ToT concerning the Mogu.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sounds like there's a new private vanilla server that's sprung up and has gotten a lot of positive buzz. I just wonder how many of those people go to those kinds of servers, mess with it for like a week and then never bother again. SS vs TM is fun and all, but it was fun because it was something you did where as now they do it because 'well that's what they used to do.'

dimb

I think Farahlon is pretty ripe for a Timeless Isle style inclusion, no reason to even really have a story really. Ogre homeland is the one I don't see any potential in.
I'm just not sure where Farahlon would fit on a timeline for being introduced into the game. Tanaan being next is inevitable, and releasing two land masses at the same time would really split player focus, and generally just require more resources than are feasible or necessary. Any gameplay concepts that could be done in Farahlon could just as easily be introduced inside Tanaan itself.

If there was a third raid tier I would imagine it would center around demonic forces and the transition of Draenor into something similar to the Outlands we know. The story is moving really slowly for something like that though. If Tanaan comes out and it's just more orcs I don't think that'd go over very well.

Shahadan

Two patches for this expansion would be weak. I'm expecting at least one more after 6.2 if they actually start creating expansions quicker (which is still yet to be seen.)

Well if there is a 6.3 it won't be a raid tier though, considering what they've said.

Unless they pull some weak shit like "here 6.2 with Tanaan jungle! enjoy! The raid that comes with it is for 6.3 though" which I wouldn't put past them :lol:

I like WoD but it just proved my fears right regarding "faster" expansion packs. Ultimately we won't get expansions that fast but in the meantime they'll be a lot shorter and emptier content wise. WoD alone could and should have been so much more.

Renekton

If there was a third raid tier I would imagine it would center around demonic forces and the transition of Draenor into something similar to the Outlands we know. The story is moving really slowly for something like that though. If Tanaan comes out and it's just more orcs I don't think that'd go over very well.
Fel orcs could be acceptable, and is also an easy lead-in to the burning legion.

Mupod

mythic darmac down and I got that sweet ass caster trinket. I think we're up to 5th on our server now, pretty good considering we've been struggling with recruitment. We're stabilizing now and making fast progress.

Well if there is a 6.3 it won't be a raid tier though, considering what they've said.

Unless they pull some weak shit like "here 6.2 with Tanaan jungle! enjoy! The raid that comes with it is for 6.3 though" which I wouldn't put past them :lol:
That's exactly why I think there will be 3 patches.

StMeph

Unless they pull some weak shit like "here 6.2 with Tanaan jungle! enjoy! The raid that comes with it is for 6.3 though".

That's exactly why I think there will be 3 patches.

I really think this is what will happen.

I like WoD but it just proved my fears right regarding "faster" expansion packs. Ultimately we won't get expansions that fast but in the meantime they'll be a lot shorter and emptier content wise. WoD alone could and should have been so much more.

Also agree with this. They initially batted away complaints about WoD development time as adding a bunch of new developers and needing time to get them acclimated, but that process should be complete, and they should be able to produce more content faster, but with zero signs of another expansion at all, it's pretty difficult to believe that there will be anything close to a 1-year cycle. Plus only two raid tiers for WoD, which means a lot of dead time to fill for whatever comes next. Whenever that may be.

M.D

Highmaul pugs are still awful as always but I need this one ring from Ko'ragh

RL clearly states who soaks when, then this dude runs inside right when it's my turn to soak

I don't want to point a finger at the guy so I just state that no one should go in but the person who needs to soak and this dude does it again
like, you're not even asked to avoid something.. just literally don't walk into that shit!

JSoup

Banned
All this future patch talk reminded me of something I recall them saying offhand...somewhere.
The void lord corrupting K'aresh, which created both Netherstorm and the Ethereals, will still happen in this timeline, so we might see Netherstorm.
Like I said, it sounded like an offhand "maybe" when it was said, then things quickly moved on to other stuff.

M.D

How much loot do tanks share with others these days? I know there's bonus armor on some of their stats, but I wonder how fast could you gear a monk tank considering how many classes use leather

mileS

Just coming back from a break. Stopped playing near the end of Highmaul. Main is a Hunter and Survival was the spec of choice at the time (which I personally loved) coming back now I was told BM pulls ahead with the 4set bonus but I'm getting beat by lesser geared BM Hunters in LFR without it. Barrage is always the number one source of dps even single target? damn... so confusing. Looking back at the changes on MMO-champ I don't notice any big BM buffs.

Renekton

How much loot do tanks share with others these days? I know there's bonus armor on some of their stats, but I wonder how fast could you gear a monk tank considering how many classes use leather
I believe all tanks will fight for roughly the same bonus armor trinkets, neck and ring (e.g. Blast Furnace trinket, Oregorger neck). Also WW/Ferals for the 2H. IINM Blizzard balances drop rate based on how many classes use the armor type, so you supposedly won't be slower than other classes on average.

Anecdotally trinket slot gives people the most angst, so a scribe profession might not be the worst thing in the world.

M.D

I believe all tanks will fight for roughly the same bonus armor trinkets, neck and ring (e.g. Blast Furnace trinket, Oregorger neck). Also WW/Ferals for the 2H. IINM Blizzard balances drop rate based on how many classes use the armor type, so you supposedly won't be slower than other classes on average.

Anecdotally trinket slot gives people the most angst, so a scribe profession might not be the worst thing in the world.
Thanks.
Speaking of professions, have the prices for mats to get to 600 went down or up? I wonder if its better to boost at 60 to get 2 more 600 professions, certainly helped me with my hunter

Renekton

Thanks.
Speaking of professions, have the prices for mats to get to 600 went down or up? I wonder if its better to boost at 60 to get 2 more 600 professions, certainly helped me with my hunter
Not sure about prices, but just let profession be lv1 going into WoD as they will hit the 600s pretty easily on daily cooldowns / misc crafting. You can already craft essential WoD gear at level 1.

My pug's getting ground down wiping on heroic blast furnace 3 weeks in a row. I worry it'll make it harder to get people to concentrate on farm content to maximize the time/week we get to learn it or if people will just get used to killing it on normal :p

Robin64

Well right now, on the first gold selling site that Google spat out, $20 will get me 30,000 gold. Be interesting to see how this stacks up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well right now, on the first gold selling site that Google spat out, $20 will get me 30,000 gold. Be interesting to see how this stacks up.

I can make 30k in a month easily.

Prices will likely start extremely high(for gold) and lower down a month or so after as most people can't put up with long term farming.

StMeph

The really interesting part is the comment that the initial tokens will be sold by Blizzard since there may not immediately be stock. While I'm sure there will actually be a rush of stock in the beginning (along with even bigger demand), it does raise the question of whether that means there will ALWAYS be at least one token available, because Blizzard itself will sell them, even if the price is variable due to demand.

mileS

Thats good they are setting the price. If not there would be a rush of people buying them and constantly undercutting until you'd be lucky to get 10k for a token.

Ayumi

Started a new WoW trial account to use RaF with a friend and it let me upgrade to the starter edition (including all expansions, except Draenor) for only 7.50 euro, so 50% off. Aww yisss.

Fjordson

I'm excited for the tokens for my new characters. Starting over on a new server without all the resources of my main is a drag. Like I tried to get just a port last night on my troll rogue and when I told the guy I had just joined the server and only had 10 silver he responded with "Taxi's aren't free. Bums have to hitch hike" lol...

Is there any word on when they're going to ease the class restrictions on gnomes? A while back they teased that gnomes will be able to hunters, which only makes sense given their profession bonus to engineering, half of what you can craft as an engineer are rifles and goblins can be hunters.

ampere

Is there any word on when they're going to ease the class restrictions on gnomes? A while back they teased that gnomes will be able to hunters, which only makes sense given their profession bonus to engineering, half of what you can craft as an engineer are rifles and goblins can be hunters.

It'll never happen outside of a pre-expansion patch. It can be a big selling point for some and something they can advertise. I do expect we'll see stuff like Gnome Hunters next expac or two though.

M.D

Bought 5 heirlooms for my Monk and went from 15 to 20 after 3 dungeons
I had no idea about enlightenment before I got to 20 lol

I'm playing a brewmaster so dungeons are available as soon as I press search if my DK is any indication for the que times

Looks like this will be a fast 100!

Not sure about prices, but just let profession be lv1 going into WoD as they will hit the 600s pretty easily on daily cooldowns / misc crafting. You can already craft essential WoD gear at level 1.

Got it, thanks!

I'm excited for the tokens for my new characters. Starting over on a new server without all the resources of my main is a drag. Like I tried to get just a port last night on my troll rogue and when I told the guy I had just joined the server and only had 10 silver he responded with "Taxi's aren't free. Bums have to hitch hike" lol...

You rolled on Mal'Ganis?

Cause that's where I am when subbed. And a smattering of other people including TheYanger.

Peachpies

The really interesting part is the comment that the initial tokens will be sold by Blizzard since there may not immediately be stock. While I'm sure there will actually be a rush of stock in the beginning (along with even bigger demand), it does raise the question of whether that means there will ALWAYS be at least one token available, because Blizzard itself will sell them, even if the price is variable due to demand.
Blizzard is not selling the tokens for gold

StMeph

Blizzard is not selling the tokens for gold

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18390557?page=1#1

Blizzard Entertainment said:
Because the Token exchange has to start somewhere, we will be setting the initial gold value of the WoW Token ourselves. The starting gold value in each region will be based on several factors, including regional in-game economies, but ultimately our goal is to select a fair and reasonable starting price. After that, the Token’s gold value will be determined dynamically based primarily on player supply and demand.

Edit: Hmm. After a second reading, it would appear that I misinterpreted their setting the initial price of the token as actually introducing the token on all servers themselves first. My mistake.

The hell did they remove getting legendary quest items from work orders? Just went through 43 on my Mage and didn't get a single one.

Also I have a few alts on Mal'ganis (92 Warlock and 90 Hunter) if anyone wants to level.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The hell did they remove getting legendary quest items from work orders? Just went through 43 on my Mage and didn't get a single one.

Also I have a few alts on Mal'ganis (92 Warlock and 90 Hunter) if anyone wants to level.

Got one today. Though it seems like Fragment of Val'Anyr drop rates got nerfed... for some reason.

JSoup

Banned

They didn't, the drop rate was lowered. Plenty of people (such as myself) were getting enough that 50% of my fragments have come from work orders and that's apparently too much.

Top Bottom