• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Robin64

Something could very easily erupt from western Tirisfal.

I actually use the music found there for my Garrison right now. Weird tune.

Nudull

Banned
A Demon Hunter class might be cool, but I'm afraid of half of the people that would go for it churning out Illidan copycats. :p

There would be so many low rent Illidans if the Demon Hunter thing turns out to be true, it would be amazing. Imagine if you could have Tank, DPS and Healz DH, entire dungeon runs and raids made up of DH's. Entire guilds, entire servers. World of Illidan.

I would be one of them

I kinda liked the Dark Ranger rumor.

If I buy the complete pack (game + expansion) will I need to buy the next expansion again? If so, what is the usual price?

The base game is US $19.99, which includes every previous expansion.
Warlords of Draenor is an extra $49.99 for the standard edition.

When this next expansion is about to come out, they'll probably have a similar price for the base game including WOD, and then extra for the new expansion.

Ark

Not sure if I want them to offer another 'free' character boost or not. While I really liked the idea because it allowed me to re-roll onto a new server with some friends, I'm still not completely sold on the idea.

Tenebrous

Not sure if I want them to offer another 'free' character boost or not. While I really liked the idea because it allowed me to re-roll onto a new server with some friends, I'm still not completely sold on the idea.

I don't see the harm in it, to be honest. Alts are meaningless nowadays anyway... Just give me another disposable alt for daily profession crafts, and I'll be sure to play it 2 minutes a day.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Battle for Azeroth Expansion

- Continent north of Tirisfal rises, the Titan city of Uldex, home of Tyr!
- Naga ruins west of Ashenvale see a huge resurgence in activity, possibly attempting to resurrect the Old God to which the Faceless Ones pray!
- Med'an returns, and as host of Sargeras
- Demon Hunters enlist with both Horde and Alliance to fight the menace
- Sylvanas and the Forsaken believe they are best suited to lead the Horde

I'm fine with this.

#undeadmasterrace

Godan

So just resubbed back. What the best thing to do to get gear?

Ilvl the now is 638 and left about a month or so into WoD. Understand i need to get my ilvl higher before doing LFR.

Nudull

Banned

Part of me was happy about the idea, because it gave people like myself, who never had enough time to fully level a character before, to actually come and experience the endgame content. Of course, there's the arguments people have about "cheating" and how character boosts cheapen the leveling experience overall.

What's the state of the game if I resub but haven't purchased WoD? For whatever reason, the latest expansion doesn't sound appealing at all. Is the game still very much playable just without the higher level cap, etc.? Am I really missing out on anything essential? I still have a lot of characters to get to the prior cap.

It depends on what you like to do. End game content is pretty much where everyone is at. With the stat squish, its pretty easy to solo 10man normal raids from Cata and down if you want xmog, mounts, or acheivs. Theres tons of professions, but you wont make much gold since they are not relevant anymore.

Its still fun, but its going to be a mostly solo experience.

So just resubbed back. What the best thing to do to get gear?

Ilvl the now is 638 and left about a month or so into WoD. Understand i need to get my ilvl higher before doing LFR.

Apexis crystals is the fastest way to get gear. 25k gets you 695 gear (30k for weapons) and you can make almost 10k a day doing dailes and use the ogre/mage tower.

Tacitus_

Now he's posting pics to go with the clues.

aHR0cDovL24uc2luYWltZy5jbi9jcmF3bC8yMDE1MDczMC9GV2pYLWZ4ZnBjeXU0OTUxMDMwLmpwZytodHRwOi8vZ2FtZXMuc2luYS5jb20uY24vby96L3dvdy8yMDE1LTA3LTMwL2Z4ZnBjeXU0OTUxMjQ1LnNodG1s.jpg

aHR0cDovL24uc2luYWltZy5jbi9jcmF3bC8yMDE1MDczMC9DakpvLWZ4ZnBjeXU0OTUxMDMyLmpwZytodHRwOi8vZ2FtZXMuc2luYS5jb20uY24vby96L3dvdy8yMDE1LTA3LTMwL2Z4ZnBjeXU0OTUxMjQ1LnNodG1s.jpg

What could it all meeeeaaaaaan!?

I hope that they aren't implying that's a screencap of the new class. Because that's just a screencap from SMV in Outland.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
A few things I'd like in the new expansion:

• A new class (demon hunter seems nice)
  • Updated glyph system (like Path of the Titans)
  • A fourth column in the talent tree
  • Better profession system (make them more unique, with perks)
  • A more trivialized Raid Finder - Only cosmetic gear, automatic modified gear level (increase/decrease to a certain value), no death penalty (damage to gear)
  • A big main hub for both factions (like Dalaran)

Godan

Apexis crystals is the fastest way to get gear. 25k gets you 695 gear (30k for weapons) and you can make almost 10k a day doing dailes and use the ogre/mage tower.

Thanks.

Also is garrisons worth putting time into almost got it all to level 3 before i stopped playing.

ampere

Does anyone have dibs on the next thread? I'll take it if not

Making a "leak" is so easy though. A dash of things that will obviously happen, a bunch of stuff people have talked about wanting for years, and some unexpected stuff that must be true because the other stuff sounds it. Bonus points for using obscure bits of lore that can be verified when people look them up. We should make one!

- Wrathion turns up and tells us he was paying attention all along and now we have to go and rescue Gul'dan from where he's been sent, Argus, because he has some vital info on how to defeat the Burning Legion.
- Recruit Illidan to train up a new army of Demon Hunters in preperation for an assault on a major Burning Legion stronghold.
- Liadrin and Yrel together convince the Naaru to lend us The Tempest Keep to get there, and that is our shared capital city in the expansion, protected by the power of The Light.
- Personalised Quarters in Tempest Keep, acting as your home space for this expansion, like Garrisons and Farms did previously.
- Timewalker Zones: Repeat old Azeroth zone questlines at max level for appropriate rewards. Zones on rotation to encourage activity within them.
- Dance Studio

Timewalking zones is very believable. Gul'dan on our side isn't :p. But we should tweak this and post on mmoc as a 'leak' lol

Rösti;173516037 said:

• A new class (demon hunter seems nice)
  • A fourth column in the talent tree
  • A more trivialized Raid Finder - Only cosmetic gear, automatic modified gear level (increase/decrease to a certain value), no death penalty (damage to gear)

Man, they can't balance 3 columns as it is! They should trim talents again and only offer a choice if it's meaningful.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rösti;173516037 said:

• [*]A new class (demon hunter seems nice)
    [*]A fourth column in the talent tree

For the bolded, I imagine it would be one or the other. I could totally see them opting not to add a class and instead add significant new stuff to the existing classes.

Neutral Hub city needs to happen. It made sense to have us use the remodeled Azeroth capitals in Cataclysm, but everything since then has seemed kind of small and mediocre.

Robin64

Timewalking zones is very believable. Gul'dan on our side isn't :p. But we should tweak this and post on mmoc as a 'leak' lol

Oh he's not on our side. He has info we need, but we're going to beat it out of him when we get him and then dispose of him.

Wait what am I saying, this isn't even real.

It's come down to this, I'm fishing in order to acquire gold. SO POOR ON ALLIANCE SERVER.
tears.gif

Already ran Firelands and got like 2k out of it. Did some Vale farming and it was only okay. Suppose I could take up skinning and just murder shit in Tanaan, but IDK.

I'd transfer more via pets, but I'm not familiar enough with that market to make wise decisions I think. And it doesn't help that most pets seem to be cheaper on the destination server than my home one, so I'd be taking a double loss.

If I had the spare cash for a WoW token or two I'd just do that, but I don't, and it would feel silly when I have over a million gold on my home server.

Unless someone here is also on Stormrage-US, has a sizable amount of gold, and wouldn't mind trading me for gold on Mal'Ganis (that you would just use to buy tokens I guess).

What's keeping you from farming the other cata raids for cash?

Suppose I could do DS, though it's annoying. I tried Bastion of Twilight but got owned by Halfus, though I think I fucked up the mechanics. Throne is too short to be worth it really. Could do BWD.

And in regards to new expac, I predict they might finally do a PvP-specific spec/talent tree/balance abilities separately. And/or separate PvP racials as talents. We're overdue. Especially after how bad the PvP situation has been.

If there's a new class, it definitely needs to be mail/ranged (ideally uses ranged weapons) from an armor balance perspective. Dark Ranger could work, as like a hunter that uses more magic stuff. Unless Dark Ranger is like a spec of Demon Hunter. But who knows. I'm not confident we'll get a new class necessarily - balance is hard enough as is, though as with the monk, it's easier when they start from the ground up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Adding a third melee dps class would be dumb dumb dumb dumb

I could see a ranged/melee hybrid. A class with 1-2 trees that use bows/guns and a tree that uses agi melee. It's actually what I am most expecting. A new breed of demon hunter that (for whatever inserted lore reasons) have branched out into Diablo 3-style DH business.

Do you think they'll show the cinematic at Gamescom?

Nope, cinematic always comes later. Gamescom will have an in-engine trailer like all other expac announcements.

Just like this GOAT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRbSkwGvgPE

"new dances" lol

strafer

I could see a ranged/melee hybrid. A class with 1-2 trees that use bows/guns and a tree that uses agi melee. It's actually what I am most expecting. A new breed of demon hunter that (for whatever inserted lore reasons) have branched out into Diablo 3-style DH business.

Nope, cinematic always comes later. Gamescom will have an in-engine trailer like all other expac announcements.

Just like this GOAT:

"new dances" lol

oh shit, that wotlk was the best man. got me hyped.

mileS

Does anyone have dibs on the next thread? I'll take it if not

Man, they can't balance 3 columns as it is! They should trim talents again and only offer a choice if it's meaningful.

That's true but maybe its their way of making up for the talent and ability prune that went extremely overboard (I'm sure almost everyone can agree there) It's one of the reasons I have a lot more fun with FFXIV's combat now, there's actually depth and proper flow to most things. I miss the game before the ability prune. They went into it with the wrong plan, should have just fixed what needed to be fixed and cut the completely useless stuff. Cut the completely useless stuff or merge it, but leave in the little fun things like Eye of the beast for Hunters. It's useless to a degree, but there's no reason to remove something like that at the same time.

Robin64

Need a new class that can use bows and stuff. Having just ONE in the game is silly.

Even if they use it in an unorthodox way, like, this new class could be magic wielder, but they use their magic either in melee (for one spec) or ranged (with another), but apply it to weapons strikes.

(Would also fit the currently unused combination of cloth melee)

Anoregon

A dude on mmochampion who posted broken english leaks about WoD before its reveal that (mostly) turned out true posted this:

Name? Shadow of Wall Or TBC(NOT THE SAME AS THE BURNING ) Or WoA(TIMEMACHINE AGAIN )

1. Demonhunter Class (Vera like)
2. New Horde Chiefs -- NO Thrall, Durotan or Hellscream Maybe
3. Live to kill? Sylvanas Maybe a BOSS
4. New Legendary Necklace -- Illidan's Storyline
5. 3 or 4 new skills for each old classes.
6. Raptor Strike is back! New melee skills for Hunter
7. Decepline Priest remake.
8. New PvE Modes like Al'Akir Battle.
9. New Arena Maps: Stormwind, Shadow Isle, Darnassus
10. New Silver Hands and Tirion Fordring, together?
11. Vengeance from the deep sea
…………
998. Maiev Shadowsong -----> Maiev Demonsong?

999. Guldan's failure is just a setback, he's finding another titan raid for HC players and died there again

Personally (assuming this is at least partially true) the bit about melee skills for hunter is confusion about demon hunters having melee and ranged abilities.

Tenebrous

Need a new class that can use bows and stuff. Having just ONE in the game is silly.

Even if they use it in an unorthodox way, like, this new class could be magic wielder, but they use their magic either in melee (for one spec) or ranged (with another), but apply it to weapons strikes.

Shadow Hunter, damnit. It's all I want! Magic & bow love.

Robin64

At this point, every single thing imaginable has been thrown at the wall as a leak, so something is bound to stick and then those people will have been "right", despite the bits they got wrong.

shoreu

A dude on mmochampion who posted broken english leaks about WoD before its reveal that (mostly) turned out true posted this:

Personally (assuming this is at least partially true) the bit about melee skills for hunter is confusion about demon hunters having melee and ranged abilities.

Arms warrior removes whirlwind as a filler. I might main Demon hunter if its fun to play.

Anoregon

At this point, every single thing imaginable has been thrown at the wall as a leak, so something is bound to stick and then those people will have been "right", despite the bits they got wrong.

Well, for this particular instance some of the stuff that got he wrong is verifiable as having been cut (shattrath raid was shown on early blizzcon map, this dude's leak mentioned it.)

I would assume he is a friend or family member of a blizzard employee gleaning what he can when he can and making extrapolations that may end up being incorrect.

Shadow of Wall?

lol, that's a terrible name :D

I would assume it's broken english for Wall of Shadow?

ampere

That's true but maybe its their way of making up for the talent and ability prune that went extremely overboard (I'm sure almost everyone can agree there) It's one of the reasons I have a lot more fun with FFXIV's combat now, there's actually depth and proper flow to most things. I miss the game before the ability prune. They went into it with the wrong plan, should have just fixed what needed to be fixed and cut the completely useless stuff. Cut the completely useless stuff or merge it, but leave in the little fun things like Eye of the beast for Hunters. It's useless to a degree, but there's no reason to remove something like that at the same time.

Pruning abilities like Eyes of the Beast was a total mistake. They should have only pruned combat essential stuff and left any fun/useless stuff, since you don't need to bind those anyway. Def agree on that.

Disc Priests seriously need a revamp. Fucking shields have been super super OP for 2 expacs in a row now.

Anoregon

Yeah, they can't nerf/change disc without essentially nerfing every single serious raid guild, so it's not something they would do mid-expansion. If they are going to do it (and they probably are, given recent interviews), it's going to happen in 7.0.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Pruning abilities like Eyes of the Beast was a total mistake. They should have only pruned combat essential stuff and left any fun/useless stuff, since you don't need to bind those anyway. Def agree on that.

Disc Priests seriously need a revamp. Fucking shields have been super super OP for 2 expacs in a row now.

Just 2? Haven't they been pretty fantastical since Wrath?

I believe they mentioned during the Q&A last month what Anoregon said - they didn't want to mess with them now, but will going into the next expansion. Same with Warlocks too(?)

Nudull

Banned

I would love to have a Ranger-type class to try out. :)

ampere

Just 2? Haven't they been pretty fantastical since Wrath?

Well you've probably always wanted 1 in a 25 man raid, but I know MoP especially it became a crucial part of 10 man heroics with their high dps and high hps/shielding. I admittedly did not raid much heroic content in WotLK outside of 10 heroic ICC so I'm not the best authority there.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah, they can't nerf/change disc without essentially nerfing every single serious raid guild, so it's not something they would do mid-expansion. If they are going to do it (and they probably are, given recent interviews), it's going to happen in 7.0.

They can't nerf/change disc without completely removing it imo. The concept of stopping damage vs healing damage will never not be more OP, until the point comes where the shields are so tiny they don't absorb anything.

This is what happens when everyone gets homogonized, there will always be that one class that hasn't been changed yet that is still unique, and therefor OP.

Holy paladins have no business having effective raid heals. They should've never changed the way healers work together. Now it's only an RPG in name.

ampere

Holy paladins have no business having effective raid heals. They should've never changed the way healers work together. Now it's only an RPG in name.

Agree. Everyone should be capable of healing 5 man content at all difficulties, but it's totally OK to have raid niches. Especially now that Mythic is fixed size.

CassSept

A new ranged class would make sense as both classes added to the game were melee. Demon hunter just makes way too much sense to not come to WoW one day.

Just like this GOAT:

"new dances" lol

I watched this so many times back in the day, I still remember the entire monologue.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
oh my god.

its going to be a time machine for azeroth. no doubt about it.

they need to do a tie in for the movie, and warlords was the "set up" for the tie in, as well as giving backstory for the horde side first. then they're doing the alliance side time machine stuff.

no wonder they wanted to only do warlords for a year. they're splitting the "actual expansion" in half into two expansions and charging more than twice as much for it.

Top Bottom