• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

TheYanger

Do you mean ignorance? The blood elf models are quite bad compared to some of the new ones and this just shows how rushed this expansion is.

What? What he said was perfectly right. Blood Elves look a LOT better than the other old models did, and the new draenei is one of the hardest to notice at a glance. It's obviously vastly higher poly but they looked good before.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We ever going to get more minor glyph slots? Been at 3 since they were added even though those minor glyphs were different than the ones we use now.

I'm with you. Not a huge fan of Cata overall, but I think DS is a cool raid for at least its aesthetic and some of the lore in there.

OH yeah, lore wise, this raid is crazy. I remember hating all the lore when doing progression as it was less pew pew time, but man going back now it was really cool. Especially now that I know more about the lore and the dragon aspects.

I know I'll hate it when I'm farming it for the 9th in a row though. :p

Shahadan

Well that new Darkmoon pet tamer was rather easy to beat. I hope I'll get his pet though, I like those floating squid heads things.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! Got my Heroic heirloom weapon from Garrosh. Now I can just play casually until the expansion hits.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We ever going to get more minor glyph slots? Been at 3 since they were added even though those minor glyphs were different than the ones we use now.
Probably not, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them rehaul the glyph system again. The system added in patch 4.0.1 with Prime glyphs, Major glyphs and Minor glyphs was great, shame they moved from that. Path of the Titans also seemed great:

pathofthetitans4fsbl.png

Wunder

Rösti;137028175 said:
Probably not, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them rehaul the glyph system again. The system added in patch 4.0.1 with Prime glyphs, Major glyphs and Minor glyphs was great, shame they moved from that. Path of the Titans also seemed great:

pathofthetitans4fsbl.png

I remember that! That was crazy.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Paid for a carry?

Yep! I tried doing the raid on normal through the group finder a few times, but it was nothing but wipes on most of the bosses. Probably spent like 500g on repairs.

Ponied up 6k for a Heroic run, and the guys who were doing it were efficient as hell. Was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Sounded expensive, but it's only like 2 hours worth of farming.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
5k is nothing for a weapon. Just make and sell some blacksmith weapons at 100 and you'll easily make the money back.

You gotta figure something like this 2H axe or Staff will be nice for leveling up, but it will also cost around 5k anyway.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yep! I tried doing the raid on normal through the group finder a few times, but it was nothing but wipes on most of the bosses. Probably spent like 500g on repairs.

Ponied up 6k for a Heroic run, and the guys who were doing it were efficient as hell. Was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Sounded expensive, but it's only like 2 hours worth of farming.

Well, 6k is "expensive" since it's 5k on mine.. but 5k is like pennies. And yeah, I bought it on my war too just to save the time.

lazygecko

I just wasted 13,000 gold on Brawler's Harness. Blizzard were total poopyheads and decided to turn the classic old starting shirts for classes into chest slot items during Cataclysm, so these old class shirts are exceptionally rare. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I always thought it went great with more exposed chest armors.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New BFD kinda sucks. Just feels like it came from the George Lucas 'enhanced' editions book of just shoving a bunch of shit in to make it seem more exciting. And Twilight's Hammer? In 2014? Really?

But I like the new RFK. Not as much stupid bat trash to go through, and I like that they gave some of the bosses actual raid style mechanics. Blind Hunter does the little spinning orbs of death thing like from Heart of Fear.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just resubbed after a four year hiatus. Jumping back into my 85 Warlock and I am completely lost when it comes to recalling my rotation of skills and UI setup.

Any good guide for helping reacquaint myself? Also where does GAF play as I adored the FFXIV GAF guild and wanted to hopefully join up with other similar players from here.

Thanks!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Any good guide for helping reacquaint myself? Also where does GAF play as I adored the FFXIV GAF guild and wanted to hopefully join up with other similar players from here.

Thanks!

Don't bother asking, there's no gaf guild and never will be. They only do it in ff14 cause they all like animu.

Hixx

I can't believe they haven't fixed this loading bug yet, get stuck at 90% then it says "character not found". Must happen at least twice a week since the patch, my character(s) can be unaccessible for anywhere between 1-12 hours.

Does it happen in the US as well? Or is it an EU-only problem?

Sothpaw

Haven't played in a while. Are you healers still using grid/clique nowadays? Loved that combo but not sure if it is still the way to go.

I'm an expert

Haven't played in a while. Are you healers still using grid/clique nowadays? Loved that combo but not sure if it is still the way to go.

Just a good set of frames. Honestly, the default ui is essentially like grid.

notworksafe

Doing the archeology quest for the Darkmoon Faire just got me started on just finishing leveling it to 600. At 495 right now. I forgot there's some decent money to be made on those artifacts....

VuhDo frames are popular and have been recommended to me. Probably gonna try it out for WoD. Otherwise the rare times I'd heal I've used Grid/Clique and the built-in raid frames. Grid doesn't seem supported very well lately though, especially the plugins. Even with VuhDo you may still want Clique though.

You can also enable raid frames in other addons like SUF and Xperl, but I've never found these to be as satisfactory as having a separate addon to manage then.

Lately I've had a tiny Grid display and the default frames, simply because the default ones I know won't bug out when I need to send out a critical battle rez.

My very quick google research says MSBT will show multi-strikes as a shadow bolt icon.

If that's what you're looking for. As far as specifically showing up in logs, I'm not sure, would have to check for myself and I won't have access to my computer until sometime tomorrow or the next day.

This luchador stuff is fun but too many people drop the costume as they're about to lose. 31/50 on the achievement and there are very few people doing it in any one place.

Vesmir

Banned
Ready to pull the trigger on ditching my guild and going Alliance. Problem is whether I switch realms or not, and which toon to switch. Ah, the pain of picking a main.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Celestial Defender Medallion still requiring the reputation on all alts while it's in the toybox seems kind of ... self defeating.

I got very lucky to finish Flamebreaker. Caught a guy on a WoW official forum thread with Thassarian, the last NPC I needed for the one achieve. He's Alliance only, so you need help with either him or Mankrik.

Shouldn't be quite as bad now with battlegroup-wide CRZ though.

Was using the title on my Lock since it's relatively rare nowadays until I got the Black Harvest one. Shaman gets Stormbreaker honors. Rogue gets to be Shado-Master. Main DK I've been back to Proven Assailant after 6.0 Mythic Garrosh removed most prestige (IMO) from Hellscream's Downfall. Just a few off the top of my head.

Anybody else use specific titles for different characters like that?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Damn, was always an Affliction warlock and the changes in 6.0 make it sound worthless now. Thanks for the links though, really helpful!

And no GAF guild? :(

It's not useless, its just in 5.4 you could snap shot your dots with all your procs going, and then copy/paste them to anything you wanted for free.

Now it costs a soul shard, and snap shotting is gone.

It's not so much that its useless, it just feels really lame compared to 5.4, but I suspect if you don't know any better you won't even notice a difference in how it plays.

I still play it, but Demonology is my favorite atm because the Wrathguard hits so hard.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's not useless, its just in 5.4 you could snap shot your dots with all your procs going, and then copy/paste them to anything you wanted for free.

Now it costs a soul shard, and snap shotting is gone.

It's not so much that its useless, it just feels really lame compared to 5.4, but I suspect if you don't know any better you won't even notice a difference in how it plays.

I still play it, but Demonology is my favorite atm because the Wrathguard hits so hard.

Yea might switch up to either Destruction or Demonology just to try something different anyway as I am re-learning the class over again. I was definitely unaware of Snapshot and spending the last hour reading up on the class guide link made me realize that any changes to Affliction probably aren't a big deal to me. Perfect opportunity to try a new build as I am re-learning my class anyway.

Finally got exalted with the Emperor today and picked up the Golden Serpent mount. I'm hoping this new card EVGA sent me won't have the same problem as the one I've RMAed. It's too early to tell. Not quite sure what to do now until WOD.

Friend got me into collecting pets. After getting frustrated for awhile trying to get each pet in Azshara (first zone trying to), I get ridiculous luck. First, I get a Flawless Battle-Stone (the one you can use on any pet and trade) from a random battle. Then 5 minutes later I decided to check for Minfernal which my friend spent about 10 hours camping over 2 days and somehow find one up and capture it. Just a normal one but I'm happy with it. My friend will probably be pissed at how easily I got it after how long she camped it though lol. Was also my 150th unique pet.

Boogdud

I just wasted 13,000 gold on Brawler's Harness. Blizzard were total poopyheads and decided to turn the classic old starting shirts for classes into chest slot items during Cataclysm, so these old class shirts are exceptionally rare. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I always thought it went great with more exposed chest armors.

I just checked and i have a thug's shirt on the horde side. Also have a recruit's shirt on the horde side. Both are from old characters that got a free faction change year's back. Guess I should put them up for auction. Seems like there hasn't been one on the AH in over 2 years...

Looks like I also have a Lookout's tunic which might be worth more than both the others.

notworksafe

Got archaeology to 600. Ended up getting 500ish gold, a Clockwork Gnome, and a Haunted War Drum.

EDIT: I didn't know those starter shirts were worth so much. I should see what my Initiate's and Acolyte's shirts are worth :eek:

Karl Hawk

Banned
Been a month since I've been last here, but I've managed to get my Garrosh axe heirloom on normal few weeks ago, then I got that axe loom again on heroic just last Friday with my guild (along with Heroic shoulders and trinket).

My character profile for proof: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/saurfang/Hawkkrisars/simple

You can see that I've managed to get myself up while I was away from GAF (
Actually, it was a self-request ban, but I lifted it today anyways, so eh
). :p

And since some people here (Like Bisnic) posted screenies their characters, I figured myself: ''Why not, let me post a screenie for my main''

I should check for more shirts. I know my Shaman I recently transferred has one, but I should have paid attention to see if other characters on that server did.

Probably have a few more out there at least. At worst I can AH them on whatever server they're at and buy battle pets to cage and resell on my home server.

tmespe

What's the best way to get gold currently? I tried googling it but just got some crap from people wanting to sell me shit.

Top Bottom