• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

I agree. The only problem is, virtually every possible scenario has been guessed/"leaked" at this point.

There has a been a real lack of Argus related "leaks" this time around I feel like. Can't recall seeing a single one actually, even as a joke.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I was just curious. The only adjustment I'd like to see them make is have it only be the following difficulties:

LFR
Flex Normal
20 Man Heroic

Having Flex Normal and Heroic seemed redundant. Just have the bosses scale up in difficulty appropriately in normal mode so it feels like a good accomplishment to clear through it.

Robin64

I wonder if they'll make crafting a bit meatier again. In the early days, recipes could require all sorts of crazy things. You might to get water from elementals in Desolace for one thing, silk from spiders in Hillsbrad for another, and so on. It got people out in the world, hunting for stuff.

Now you just get [your profession thing] + [current profession tokens] in varying quantities. It's very very boring.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was just curious. The only adjustment I'd like to see them make is have it only be the following difficulties:

LFR
Flex Normal
20 Man Heroic

Having Flex Normal and Heroic seemed redundant. Just have the bosses scale up in difficulty appropriately in normal mode so it feels like a good accomplishment to clear through it.

Yeah come to think of it I would be fine with that.

I wonder if they'll make crafting a bit meatier again. In the early days, recipes could require all sorts of crazy things. You might to get water from elementals in Desolace for one thing, silk from spiders in Hillsbrad for another, and so on. It got people out in the world, hunting for stuff.

Now you just get [your profession thing] + [current profession tokens] in varying quantities. It's very very boring.

I can almost guarantee professions will be better in 7.0. Blizzard knows how people feel about crafting in WoD, and it is not good.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Agreed, would love to see that for some of the higher end enchants.

The way garrisons worked with professions were a shit show and mostly made people self-sufficient while at the same time dependent on other professions (i.e. needing herbs to craft gems, wtf?). IF they do garrisons again, you should only have your professions guys available to learn recipes and do dailies or whatever to get the new recipes. Like what they did in Wrath and Cata.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I agree on the raiding front, I am not a fan of 2 difficulties that are exactly the same mechanically. If they want to stick with 4 difficulties then I'd rather them make normal a bit easier mechanically (probably closer to LFR but with real damage numbers). I feel like it really hasn't hit the casual demographic they want it to hit.

ampere

LFR
Flex Normal
20 Man Heroic

Normal and Heroic really aren't redundant. There's a good audience for both imo

Yeah I agree on the raiding front, I am not a fan of 2 difficulties that are exactly the same mechanically. If they want to stick with 4 difficulties then I'd rather then make normal a bit easier mechanically (probably closer to LFR but with real damage numbers). I feel like it really hasn't hit the casual demographic they want it to hit.

Normal isn't the same mechanically. There are some mechanics that are not present, same as heroic -> mythic

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The current setup seems to make a lot of sense even though it's a lot of difficulties.

LFR: Queue for it, no chance to fail.
Normal: Easily puggable if people know the mechanics. Has some leeway that allows carrying so you can bring some undergeared or unskilled players.
Heroic: Everyone needs to be at the top of their game, you most likely need a guild for this.
Mythic: poopsocks.

The current difficulties cover everyone and allows them to see the content.

If they removed normal then a fuck ton of people wouldn't be able to do much raiding with how hard heroic mode is right now. I'm not sure how hard the current tier is back heroic BRF was insanely hard when it first came out. Progressing through Black Furance and Blackhand felt like mythic bosses.

Robin64

Sooo many people in the sub thread think they want vanilla servers.

And they probably think they do, but I'd give it a month before they are frustrated and bored to tears. And where do you stop, never adding beyond Naxx?

Entropia

No One Remembers
What's going to drive me even more mental - I have an interview at 1 (i.e. in 2 hours) so I am going to miss the thing! Going to have to be on a black out until I get home and watch the announcement for myself!

Einchy

Is this going to be a WoW conference or a Blizzard one? They might talk about all of their games first and end the thing with the xpack reveal.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sooo many people in the sub thread think they want vanilla servers.

And they probably think they do, but I'd give it a month before they are frustrated and bored to tears. And where do you stop, never adding beyond Naxx?

Doesn't EverQuest have progression servers?

I dunno, it'd be fun to play around on but it wouldn't be something I spend my full WoW gameplay time on.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is this going to be a WoW conference or a Blizzard one? They might talk about all of their games first and end the thing with the xpack reveal.

Today's panel is only World of Warcraft, they covered all of their other games in yesterday's panel. They're doing a typical reveal that you would normally see at BlizzCon - hype it up, show the trailer, discuss some of the changes/additions/etc that they're doing for it.

Einchy

Ah, cool.

I guess they didn't announce when the Overwatch beta is coming then, was looking forward to that.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

There's a schedule on the GamesCom website.

Today - Expansion reveal
Tomorrow - Heroes of the Storm
Saturday - Overwatch and Legacy of the Void
Sunday - World of Warcraft

Reveal in 1h 10m.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ah, cool.

I guess they didn't announce when the Overwatch beta is coming then, was looking forward to that.

Sadly no, I think they showed off another Player/Class/Hero whatever they're being called. And we got a teaser added to the Battle.net launcher.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah it looks like 1:45 pm Eastern time is the reveal for us East coasters

You sure? Thought it was 12:45?! :eek:

Stream starts at noon, then 45 minutes of BS (I think Songhammer or whatever is playing)... and then the expansion stuff starts.

Robin64

It's 12:45 eastern time for the reveal. 11:30 when the YouTube stream starts, 12:00 when the event starts, 45 mins of music, 12:45 for reveal.

Zelias

Banned
You know, I'm actually enjoying not having an obvious leak this time around. I'm actually looking forward to the announcement instead of just seeing it to confirm what we already know.

Entropia

No One Remembers
You know what I want? An onstage apology from Morhaime and/or Metzen.

I am almost 100% sure that's how the conference will kick off. During the Dev QA a month ago, they were pretty apologetic and owed up to the mistakes that had been made.

ZenaxPure

Normal isn't the same mechanically. There are some mechanics that are not present, same as heroic -> mythic

Like what? The dungeon journal entries for every normal/heroic boss in Highmaul/BRF are exactly the same minus numbers and I can't recall a single difference between the two from personal experience. Guide websites like icy-veins use the same guide for both heroic/normal as they say mechanics are exactly the same and the only difference is numbers. HFC might be different but I haven't bothered with it outside of LFR yet since I just don't care atm.

Tenebrous

Like what? The dungeon journal entries for every normal/heroic boss in Highmaul/BRF are exactly the same minus numbers and I can't recall a single difference between the two from personal experience. Guide websites like icy-veins use the same guide for both heroic/normal as they say mechanics are exactly the same and the only difference is numbers. HFC might be different but I haven't bothered with it outside of LFR yet since I just don't care atm.

This is where I stand at the moment. Gearing up to do the same content on multiple difficulties isn't appealing at all. I just do not and will not care about that sort of PvE future.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hmm, so reading a thread on MMO Champ, the title of
Queen of the Depths
seems pretty likely. BUT WHO KNOWS! RUMOURS AMIRITE?!

ampere

Fel Lord Zakuun for example the tank doesn't fire any waves when they come out of the spirit world, and some of the other mechanics are removed I think.

Number tuning is huge though. A casual group might never be able to power through heroic tuning

You rat bastards!! I was going to enjoy a nice lunch time nap, but lunch is 15 minutes after the reveal starts... I guess I can always sleep when Im dead.

I still hope this happens, specially if its a South Seas expansion. They already look good in armor, just a few tweaks, and the whole mount issue. I still hope it happens.

Bring back plains running, rename it to plains slithering, DONE! Not quite sure how flying works though. Maybe some kind of water bubble balloon dealy.

ZenaxPure

Fel Lord Zakuun for example the tank doesn't fire any waves when they come out of the spirit world, and some of the other mechanics are removed I think.

Number tuning is huge though. A casual group might never be able to power through heroic tuning

Well like I said I haven't bothered with HFC as I had little interest in it, BRF/HM were the same though and that is what we were stuck with for over half a year and I think that is just straight up bad game design. Like I said I'd be fine with them if there was actual differences mechanically so if things in HFC are actually different I'm totally fine with it sticking around.

Top Bottom