• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Ellendway

Neo Member
oW1VbXn.png

Decoded Message 001-003
Unidentified threats have attacked Peacekeeper 011 units in deepest caves of the Magnetic Chasm. Initiate protocol 54.

Decoded Message 001-014
121,172 robo-units have been assembled and now march to face unknown threat in the Magnetic Chasm below the Molten Eternium Sea. Increase generosity circuits in all Blingtron units to minimize organic awareness.

Shahadan

I don't want to go underground ;(
(which is where the bling messages hint at)

That said that would solve the new land problem.

CassSept

If they do underground before South Seas ugh.

Tinker class would be more intriguing mechanically than demon hunter, makes sense to wear mail and it's the only class besides demon hunter that's been expected forever but had not yet been implemented.

ZenaxPure

If they do underground before South Seas ugh.

Out of established lore south seas is def what I would want the most on a personal wish-list of expansions but I actually still want new original stuff more than that.

Though being real here for a second WoD hurt me enough that as long as we can escape Draenor and the AU I am down for literally anything. Could be the dumbest shit imaginable idc.

Shahadan

Whatever it is I'll eat it up when the time comes. The leveling process and the discovery always enthrall (GET IT) me for a full week like nothing else can. After that I'm usually bored, but whatever, I got my money worth.

I just hope the storylines and background work is as great as Pandaria. Even if I didn't enjoy a zone or two, the way that every new species has its backstory that you can learn about, that everything is tied together, was great.
Plus, abandonned titan army left to its devices, heavy old god presence, trolls, it had everything in a single place.

And it rewarded you for exploration in a way a million shiny shit you sell immeditately never could. Damn those Cho stories were awesome. Why did they drop that idea.

ZenaxPure

And it rewarded you for exploration in a way a million shiny shit you sell immeditately never could. Damn those Cho stories were awesome. Why did they drop that idea.

Still the biggest mystery of Warlords to me. They said before MoP ended that Cho wouldn't follow us to the next expansion but that someone else might do something similar in Warlords. Was hands down one of my favorite parts of MoP so to see it left out of WoD was a huge downer.

Shahadan

Bring Scenarios back. 3 player casual endgame content that ignores role was perfect.

Boo this man. Those were boring as fuck

My worst memory was being stuck as a disc priest with a resto druid (no other spec) and another guy in that scenario in Kun lai with the yaungols invading. It took forever. I still get nightmares about this

Robin64

My worst memory was being stuck as a disc priest with a resto druid (no other spec) and another guy in that scenario in Kun lai with the yaungols invading. It took forever. I still get nightmares about this

Well don't make them boring.

Mechanically, the idea is sound. Small group content that is very quick to get into and doesn't rely on having x amount of tanks or healers around to do it.

But they would need to improve how it works in case, like your example, you have multiple healers or something.

ZenaxPure

But they would need to improve how it works in case, like your example, you have multiple healers or something.

Frankly they should have just only allowed DPS in them. Healers/tanks get enough special treatment as is, fast queues for lfg/lfr and way easier to find a group for everything else in the game. Scenarios should have been a thing for DPS to get into some instant action.

But yeah I would like some new ones as well as long as they made them more in line with stuff like Unga Ingoo/A Little Patience rather than stuff like Forgotten Kings/Theramore which felt like dumbed down 5 mans to me. Having a group who knew what they were doing in Unga Ingoo is still some of the most fun I've had in the game, you could clear the whole thing in 3-4 minutes.

CassSept

Because heroic dungeons are so exciting after the first week of expansion.

At least with scenarios you could queue up, get in immediately as a dps, they took 10 minutes (besides yaungol invasion one), you get whatever grindy thing you're after (points in MoP) and get out. And usually they had some plot/fleshed out the world much better than >50% heroics do.

Edit: I have to say I don't know why but that pic above is ridiculously funny for me, I can't stop laughing at "Splashran"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How long will Metzen spend hyping up the announcement before showing the trailer? I'm thinking 7 minutes.

Pretty sure each year someone is still working on the trailer and is telling Metzen is buy them some time so they can finish it.

Robin64

Here's the thing about Scenarios, too. If you didn't like them, you didn't have to do them. They were a purely optional thing for people to do, just an extra, and not even having the option of doing them in WoD if you want was not cool.

Skab

Well don't make them boring.

Mechanically, the idea is sound. Small group content that is very quick to get into and doesn't rely on having x amount of tanks or healers around to do it.

Wait what is this picture from? Fake?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
When scenarios first got announced I thought they were going to be PVE BGs. I still want a scenarios with 40 people, those would be really fun.

RPGCrazied

Apparently they had a closed conference the other day, but it was about the rest of their games. But they said they were doing a full Blizzcon style reveal with this. Even said something about a cinematic trailer.

They must have a lot of confidence doing this, specially announcing it in Germany.

strafer

Apparently they had a closed conference the other day, but it was about the rest of their games. But they said they were doing a full Blizzcon style reveal with this. Even said something about a cinematic trailer.

They must have a lot of confidence doing this, specially announcing it in Germany.

But what will they do at Blizzcon then? Diablo 3 Exp reveal?

Robin64

Plus announcing what features mentioned in today's reveal don't end up making it in. You know there will be something.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm really trusting Blizzard when they say they have learned a lot of lessons and are taking them to heart for this next expansion.

Weebos

Banned
I do want them to take a second stab at Garrisons. I really like mine, there was just too much tied to it. Make it closer to the farm in Pandaria, something that was pretty optional.

Top Bottom