• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

If Blizzard wants to pull me (and I think a lot of the player base) back, they need to do something enthralling and interesting with this expansion story wise and thematically. They need to make me care about Azeroth and the characters in it, and what's happening in the world again. Warlords did a lot of things very well. But since Wrath, my interest in the events around each expansion has grown lower or leveled off. The quality of content is still there every time, but the events taking place aren't very interesting. I hope Blizz has something good up their sleeves story-wise for this expansion.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really hope this xpack doesn't feel like filler.

They spent all of MoP hyping up the Legion and Wrathion then an xpack where we go back in time, no classes or races were added and almost no new features were added happened. When WoD first was shown my first reaction was, "that's it?"

CHC

Watch them only announce the title and go silent until Blizzcon

They can't really afford to be coy anymore. If this was during WOTLK, then yeah, they can have that laid back cockiness that people trust them and will buy whatever they release. They're pushing the cart uphill at this point, so to speak.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I still hope this happens, specially if its a South Seas expansion. They already look good in armor, just a few tweaks, and the whole mount issue. I still hope it happens.

If playable naga were added, I don't think anything the current model can or can't do would really matter. The race models would almost certainly be majorly retuned/rebuilt like goblins were. Entirely new skeleton, animations, etc.

Also, wtf does "doggo" mean, blizzard tweetguy?

RPGCrazied

If playable naga were added, I don't think anything the current model can or can't do would really matter. The race models would almost certainly be majorly retuned/rebuilt like goblins were. Entirely new skeleton, animations, etc.

True. Just saying it kinda works now. I just hope if they do it, they don't give them legs or anything. That would be freaking stupid.

McNei1y

So are they going to be giving us details about the expansion today or are we just going to learn the name and speculate for the next three months while we hate ourselves?

RPGCrazied

So are they going to be giving us details about the expansion today or are we just going to learn the name and speculate for the next three months while we hate ourselves?

Full Blizzcon reveal man, trailer, and even panel about it. I think thats not until Saturday or Sunday.

McNei1y

Full Blizzcon reveal man, trailer, and even panel about it. I think thats not until Saturday or Sunday.

sfcYRlx.gif

ZenaxPure

Underground would only be bad because no glorious skyboxes. I love the sky

Blizzard knows how to make an amazing skybox. The secret best part of the alliance garrison is not the more varied looking buildings or lack of snow/orcs but the fact you can walk over to your Ashran portal tower and get a perfect view of the SMV skybox. Even now months later I find myself just sitting at the edge of my garrison and looking up at the sky, the view is amazing.

Staab

Some guy on MMO Champion pretending it's "Queen of the Depths" (azshara?).

Would fit with the "South Seas" expansion theme and maybe even with tinkerers.
Probably fake though :p

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Logo is far too big to be real and simplistic. They love re-doing the whole thing.

That's just a recoloring of

TgjQmEY.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Was just about to post that. Sorry, Naga-lovers!

Still hope for Ethereal Demonhunters :p

Mitch

Banned
At this point, all I really care about is a rich questing experience, along with great zone achievements (Molten Front/IoT meta & Apexis daily area achievements). Doing the Loremaster achievement for the new zones is always a blast.

Shahadan

Everybody is expecting south seas/Azshara, if it's anything else prepare to witness much whining, even from people who didn't care to begin with.

Same old shit

Entropia

No One Remembers
Everybody is expecting south seas/Azshara, if it's anything else prepare to witness much whining, even from people who didn't care to begin with.

Same old shit

Yeah, people have built up the rumours around those and are expecting it at this point.

I don't care what it is. I just want out of Draenor, back to the real timeline and doing fun stuff!

I just hope that they will undo the LFR changes and give us better loot (like Tier sets) once again. Can't believe there are people who demand the removal of LFR, and think that this will benefit the game. Just insane.
They wouldn't reveal all tiers just like that in a reveal conference.

They might. I mean WoD was criticized for only having one patch with a new tier. By announcing all raids in advance they could try to convince us that the new expanison is offering more content.

RPGCrazied

Joke or not, at least they know about people wanting Naga as a playable race. I know Metzen does, so maybe one day before the game finally dies it'll happen.

Anoregon

Same old shit

Yeah the hypetrain/rumor mill has really been buzzing this past week. So many people are expecting specific things at this point (illidan/demon hunters, south seas, old god/Tyr shit) that even if it does look very cool there are still going to be lots of disappointed folks.

ZenaxPure

I don't care what it is. I just want out of Draenor, back to the real timeline and doing fun stuff!

Yep this is exactly how I am. Anything in the MU and I will be happy, doesn't matter what it is.

I will only come to this thread to whine if it's AU Azeorth or *shivers* more AU Draenor.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
Man that picture is both hilarious and kinda sad.

On one side they are poking fun at some of the WoD community outrages and mistakes (depending who you ask).

Yet its spewing confidence in this next expansion, kind of like how they were reacting with WoD around reveal. Look how that turned out.

Let's hope its something big. I've been playing since Vanilla and I haven't even had the urge to log in to WoW for almost 2 months now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
They wouldn't reveal all tiers just like that in a reveal conference.

I'd be happy if the revealed the first set (7.0), and the next set (7.1). If they gave away the entire expansions raiding it could spoil something... unless the title of the expansion or something is a dead giveaway.

Anoregon

I genuinely hope that nobody has guessed it. I want to go "WHAT?!", but in a good way.

I agree. The only problem is, virtually every possible scenario has been guessed/"leaked" at this point.

CHC

Yeah, people have built up the rumours around those and are expecting it at this point.

Yeah for the first time in a long time I 100% don't give a fuck what the "aesthetics" of the expansion are this time. I really just want to see them make serious changes to the infrastructure of the game and make it compelling to play again - the setting is just a skin. I used to care a lot about where it took place and the theme but now I just want it to be good, where it takes place and the story are totally secondary to me.

Top Bottom