• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Fjordson

I think I bought a carry from that group. They were cross-realm and I remember a similar spam in trade.

They were really good, though. Super organized and took like five minutes.

Milennia

I basically never read chat but somehow I noticed this and it made me laugh.
hiQGLNU.jpg

LUL

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the optional bonus "quests" in the zones give a ton of xp, good lord.

o ehres a question, im almost 100 on my lock, what happens with my profs? Will there be a catch up mechanic in Legion or do I have to do the Garrison bullshit up to 700 (im 601 on both)?

the optional bonus "quests" in the zones give a ton of xp, good lord.

o ehres a question, im almost 100 on my lock, what happens with my profs? Will there be a catch up mechanic in Legion or do I have to do the Garrison bullshit up to 700 (im 601 on both)?

There will be similar catch-up mechanics in Legion, the important thing is having your two main professions at 300 because then world quests related to your professions are then available.

It wouldn't hurt you to level them up to 700 in WoD, I mean, there's time and not a whole lot to do.

Ashodin

So apparently you start as Assassination as a rogue before you can choose

So here I am as a Goblin Rogue with only one dagger in my whole bags leveling on the Lost Isles and having to auto attack

the early game struggle brehs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There will be similar catch-up mechanics in Legion, the important thing is having your two main professions at 300 because then world quests related to your professions are then available.

It wouldn't hurt you to level them up to 700 in WoD, I mean, there's time and not a whole lot to do.

theres alts to level and gold not to waste in power leveling professions

edit: oh Olivia is leaving Blizz? she went to work on the E-Sports section which always seemed like a odd fit

Rhaknar

and 100 on the Lock, neat. Faster than I expected 2 days ago too, especially since ive been messing around with nooblet hunter and rogues

So far I've rolled a few new toons in different classes and Survival Hunter is the one I've enjoyed the most. Encountered some weird issues with Harpoon though while leveling, like LoS pathing and enemies who charge not being properly rooted. Harpoon goes off and the target gets rooted but some minor piece of collision can stop you dead in your tracks. The more hilarious problem is the ability goes off but the target has an insta-dash on aggro, so you swap places with it. You travel to where the target was and it gets rooted to where you initially cast the ability. Harpoon weirdness aside it's a pretty fun spec, Survival is like a Warrior/Pet class hybrid.

So far it's the spec I've enjoyed the most outside of Fury Warrior. I dunno what to think of Demonology Warlock and I haven't played enough Outlaw Rogue.

theres alts to level and gold not to waste in power leveling professions

edit: oh Olivia is leaving Blizz? she went to work on the E-Sports section which always seemed like a odd fit

You don't have to power level your profession with gold, if you had a garrison set-up beforehand you could just use salvage crates gained from follower missions for disenchanting, farm critters outside of your garrison for your barn, have your barn process fur and have your tailor hut churning out hexweave cloth. You could just log-in every day to your warlock and do garrison chores to level your profession up while waiting for Legion.

If you don't have any of that, then yeah, I'd just level another toon or whatever. It's not worth spending gold on your garrison anymore and at 600, your warlock should be okay for Legion with tailoring and enchanting.

chris-013

So I was too weak... I resubbed ! New server, new character DK.

So what's the deal for leveling ?
I need to do all the quests in the outlands then northrend, cata, mist, draenor ?
That seems like I long way to go to lv100.
What about flight manual ? 4500 gold is crazy :D

Rhaknar

Demonbolt has cool visuals, didnt try the new summon cooldown in the 100 tier but I dont see any situation where I would use it over demonbolt.

So the plan right now is probably continue leveling up the newbie hunter and rogue (although I gotta pick one at one point) but I also want to lvl the DK because unholy seemed awesome, but do I want to waste the gold in the plate herilooms when I have no interest in leveling the pali or the warrior...hmm

so with Lock and Priest at 100, if I get the DK and either Hunter or Rogue (or both we'll see if the juices keep flowing until at least the 10th when No Man's Sky comes out) to 100 aswell, plsu the Demon Hunter, thats a fair bit of options of Legion I think.

I wish more classes got more radical changes like survival and outlaw, it would make me want to try them more. Oh well.

Fjordson

Fury Warrior is so fun man. And these animations are amazing.

I was certain I was gonna play my mage first in Legion, but now I'm torn.

What's the consensus on the Legion intro video?

I think it's my least favorite. I know it was available online a while back but I watched it again with the new patch and it's just terribly boring and doesn't get me interested like the others did before. Maybe it's because it's quite specific in its lore focus and despite playing as Alliance I don't care about the dude. Varian? I think that's who it is.

Warlords of Draenor is probably a close second worst for me.

Ashodin

What? WoD's cinematic is AMAZING. That callback to WC3, Some easily quotable lines

"WE WILL NEVER BE SLAVES!

But we will... be conquerors."

And the music right there is sublime + the WoW title graphic. They should have used that every time going forward.

Gj4EBod.gif

What? WoD's cinematic is AMAZING. That callback to WC3, Some easily quotable lines

"WE WILL NEVER BE SLAVES!

But we will... be conquerors."

And the music right there is sublime + the WoW title graphic. They should have used that every time going forward.

Just rewatched it. Nope, does nothing for me. I never finished Warcraft III or Frozen Throne. I don't recall care for orc stuff or remember who is who. I know Gul'dan. I don't know who the rest are.

I think the big thing is Mannorath?

As a lead in to an expansion Legion and WoD cinematics don't get me excited to press forward to see the new worlds, characters, and content. Whereas MoP intro was great for showing the new world and the pandas (Chen?), Wrath of course is great with its mood, the Lich King, and setting a good tone. The first two are just exciting to see all the classes "close up" and lots of different zones.

Just realized I can't remember Cataclysm's. I think it's Deathwing underground and breaking free? Flying around? Eh, it's alright, I guess.

Shahadan

Just rewatched it. Nope, does nothing for me. I never finished Warcraft III or Frozen Throne. I don't recall care for orc stuff or remember who is who. I know Gul'dan. I don't know who the rest are.

I think the big thing is Mannorath?

As a lead in to an expansion Legion and WoD cinematics don't get me excited to press forward to see the new worlds, characters, and content. Whereas MoP intro was great for showing the new world and the pandas (Chen?), Wrath of course is great with its mood, the Lich King, and setting a good tone. The first two are just exciting to see all the classes "close up" and lots of different zones.

Just realized I can't remember Cataclysm's. I think it's Deathwing underground and breaking free? Flying around? Eh, it's alright, I guess.

"Warcraft?"

Jijidasu

I am seeing more and more people talk about poor performance on GTX 1070 and 1080 cards now. I honestly feel like there is some kind of support problem.

I've tried everything I can think of. I removed cache/WTF and interface folders to go fresh with no significant difference, knocked my settings down from 3440x1440 to 1920x1080 with the render resolution at 50% and had the same FPS overall, tried turning everything down low and then set it at maximum again and again, very little change.

Doesn't make sense.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Legion cinematic is great for me. Used to not like Varian at all but now he's one of my favorite characters in the Warcraft universe. None of the other leaders are anywhere near as accomplished as he is, and his loss will actually mean a lot to the Alliance. It casts a really long shadow over Vol'jin dying.

"Warcraft?"

I'm not quite sure why you ask that in quotes. I thought maybe I said the wrong title (like putting Starcraft on accident) but I'm not spotting it.

OK so you're cementing yourself as "outlier to general opinions on the subject", gotcha.

That's why I was curious on the general consensus. I read all the quest text but in general I forget who characters are and a lot of the story details. I have a ton of time in the game but I never know the lore reasons behind dungeons and raids. It's just not that important to me. And I guess that affects my thoughts on the cinematics.

But to be fair I think a lot of people do agree that Wrath and MoP both had good cinematics. It mainly seems that my dislike for the recent two might be where my opinion varies from the norm.

Rhaknar

I saw a gnome mage on fire.

As in "im the human torch" on fire.

Whut?

Measley

Anyone think the Demon Hunter class is going to make some class specs obsolete? A good buddy of mine is a Brewmaster tank and his guild is talking about replacing him with a DH.

Rhaknar

So that survival skill you get early on where you and your pet hit at the same time, if you have aggro the pet hits 50% harder and takes 400% aggro and if he has aggro you hit 50% harder.

If theres a tank (aka in a group), do both you and the pet get the dmg bonus since neither has aggro?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So that survival skill you get early on where you and your pet hit at the same time, if you have aggro the pet hits 50% harder and takes 400% aggro and if he has aggro you hit 50% harder.

If theres a tank (aka in a group), do both you and the pet get the dmg bonus since neither has aggro?
The pet will only hit harder with a high aggro hit if the hunter has aggro. So in the case where someone else is tanking the boss the hunter would just get the 50% damage bonus.

Rhaknar

The pet will only hit harder with a high aggro hit if the hunter has aggro. So in the case where someone else is tanking the boss the hunter would just get the 50% damage bonus.

Ah makes sense. Skill does stupid dmg as it is, at lower levels anyway

cdyhybrid

What's the consensus on the Legion intro video?

I think it's my least favorite. I know it was available online a while back but I watched it again with the new patch and it's just terribly boring and doesn't get me interested like the others did before. Maybe it's because it's quite specific in its lore focus and despite playing as Alliance I don't care about the dude. Varian? I think that's who it is.

Warlords of Draenor is probably a close second worst for me.
Legion has Sylvanas so it's automatically great. Too bad a lame like Varian took most of the screen time.

Just open spoilers up in here huh
Nah, no spoilers. Legion cinematic been out for months.

Rhaknar

Do you get max professions (700) when you boost to 100?

Top Bottom