• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

I had shattered halls come up as a random timewalking dungeon last night with me as a healer. We burned through three tanks on the first corridor and trash room. Seriously, people just can't understand that you can't chain pull that stuff like it's Wrath.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I had shattered halls come up as a random timewalking dungeon last night with me as a healer. We burned through three tanks on the first corridor and trash room. Seriously, people just can't understand that you can't chain pull that stuff like it's Wrath.

You just gave me flashbacks to the start of WoD on my priest. People are so trained to chain pull these days nobody does mana breaks or anything. It really put me off playing healers for awhile. Didnt help that WoD dungeons werent particulary easy either (that fucking train).

edit: "login servers are full" whut? its 3pm on a thursday. That pre-xpac thirst

Tarazet

As gross as this sounds to say. It's just where I'm at in my life.

I would probably pay like 20 bucks to boost all my primary and secondary professions to max. I'm switching mains for Legions and this is by far the worst part

Sell a token and use the gold to buy mats. This should be fairly trivial.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm liking this GW2 UI a lot, still quite buggy tho.
wowscrnshot_072116_09bqsu0.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i asked this before but got lost in the shuffle, do hunter pet types even matter anymore with the new spec system for pets, appart from looks?

it seems like you cn make any pet dps or tank?

Nyx

Subbed for a month to check out the changes, already missing Kidney Shot, though I guess the gun is pretty cool on my now Outlaw Rogue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised Surrender To Madness stayed the way it is on live.

The flavor of it is incredibly vanilla. It's a fun concept, but it ultimately feels too gimmicky in any serious environment.

Entropia

No One Remembers

The flavor of it is incredibly vanilla. It's a fun concept, but it ultimately feels too gimmicky in any serious environment.

Eh, you use it when you're like... pretty sure you're getting the kill. I don't think it's that bad. But I doubt it will be used much?

Tarazet

Eh, you use it when you're like... pretty sure you're getting the kill. I don't think it's that bad. But I doubt it will be used much?

Also as a hail mary to try to push DPS within an inch of your life, literally. I can see it being very popular with progression players.

Mehhh this patch. So many things are changed for no reason or for the worse.

My fav class rogue has 2 specs ruined. The outlaw spec is pretty fun tho.

My second fav class hunter is just ruined as a whole. Its too simplistic and the feel of the class is completely different. Not in a good way.

The first time I just dont feel like playing it anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Right, but it's basically a bonus trinket like Elemental Mastery or whatever. But instead of a longer cooldown, you die. That seems like an inconvenience, and Blizzard got out of the business of 'inconvenient' abilities many expansions ago.

I bet it has an increased debuff replace death before the expansion is over.

Also they oversell the dying horribly thing. I want to be ripped apart by tentacles and teeth.

Blinck

You know it's time to upgrade your GTX 670 when it can't max out WoW at a steady 60 fps anymore :(

The latest patch has some nice visual upgrades but my performance drops quite a bit in some areas, need to keep all the distance things at 7 :\

Rhaknar

You know it's time to upgrade your GTX 670 when it can't max out WoW at a steady 60 fps anymore :(

The latest patch has some nice visual upgrades but my performance drops quite a bit in some areas, need to keep all the distance things at 7 :\

i dont think anyone can max it out right now

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

The latest patch has some nice visual upgrades but my performance drops quite a bit in some areas, need to keep all the distance things at 7 :

My 780 was doing more than 100 fps now its down to around 60 with everything cranked up

Might have to actually upgrade next year or something.

Boogdud

No video card can max out wow at a steady 60fps depending on where you are location-wise. It's cpu bottlenecked if anything, and most of the time, it's not even the cpu bottleneck, it's dealing with server lag and overcrowding that causes the fluctuations.

I don't think it's physically possible tbh with all the settings maxed. I have a 1080gtx and a 4.5ghz i5 and there are areas that dip. Granted I go by 144 fps cap so I notice when it goes down to ~60-70fps. But with these new settings I think it will be a while before people are getting steady 100s.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
i asked this before but got lost in the shuffle, do hunter pet types even matter anymore with the new spec system for pets, appart from looks?

it seems like you cn make any pet dps or tank?

There are no differences between pet species/types. With the removal of raid buffs it's a purely aesthetic choice, and any pet can be any of the three pet specs. Maybe Exotic beasts still have their unique stuff? I'm not sure.

Boogdud

There are no differences between pet species/types. With the removal of raid buffs it's a purely aesthetic choice, and any pet can be any of the three pet specs. Maybe Exotic beasts still have their unique stuff? I'm not sure.

Hmm makes me wonder if you still have to be BM for exotics? I've always hated that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hmm makes me wonder if you still have to be BM for exotics? I've always hated that.

I've never been bothered by it, it adds flavor to the spec and makes sense that the pet-focused spec would have access to some exclusive pets.

I mean, I wouldn't hate having a Trex as Survival, but it's not something that I think needs to or should be changed.

Is it really that expensive to craft those Tome of Illusions? Cause damn they go for a lot on the AH.

They definitely aren't cheap, but the demand is also crazy due to how new they are so price is bonkers.

Rhaknar

i like this 3 axe throw skill in the first survival tier, but I noticed they get a hatchet toss skill by default later, isnt that redundant?

Anoregon

i like this 3 axe throw skill in the first survival tier, but I noticed they get a hatchet toss skill by default later, isnt that redundant?

The talent is an actual (strong) DPS ability used on cooldown. The baseline hatchet toss does negligible damage, it's basically just a ranged tagging skill.

RPGCrazied

They definitely aren't cheap, but the demand is also crazy due to how new they are so price is bonkers.

I mean the mats? Cause I do have an enchanter, but he is low, like 130. But the character is level 73. Might boost him to 100 to get 600 in enchanting then go by the recipe for the books and make them myself.

Rhaknar

The talent is an actual (strong) DPS ability used on cooldown. The baseline hatchet toss does negligible damage, it's basically just a ranged tagging skill.

yup just got it and was about to say this. back to 3 axes then, really like the sound and look of it. Come on harpoon!

Shahadan

Lol people are chain killing themselves by jumping from their flying mount in front of the stormwind cathedral to get their feat of strength.
This is hilarious

drotahorror

Not that anyone cares but here's some of my experience from playing a few classes with the new patch.

*this is strictly PVP, I do not care about PVE, and based on pre-patch Legion. I know things change but this is now.

Paladin (Holy)
Seems really strong, but not much different than pre-patch. Your rotation is different and not as fun since denounce isn't in the game and you no longer have rebuke for some control. You're more of a healer now but since you'll likely have repentance you'll also have a lot of CC with hammer and repent. You can still pump out good damage with Avenging Wrath up but doesn't feel as frantic before with denounce spam. The DPS is similar as your holy shock hits enemies much harder as does judge. Crusader Strike is ok but really it's too risky and the HPal mastery kind of sucks. Having to be within basically melee range for your heals to be strong(er) is not a good design for PVP since it puts you at a much greater risk.

Paladin (Ret)
Seems good. Good dueling class, can beat just about anyone with all CD's and quite a few with only a few CD's. I don't like to bubble or bop in duels so I just take a loss if it comes down to that. Only way I'll do that is against some super OP shit or if another class is going full tryhard as well. Ret is still kiteable, nothing has changed there. Hand of Hindrance is cool but it's too long of a CD to me. The new defensive CD's are neat, your burst is great, your survivability with CD's is great. The new rotation feels better with that new Blade skill that gives 2 holy power. Judgment not giving holy power is taking some getting used to. No exorcism or templars verdict ranged attack hurts.

Paladin (Prot)
Never tried this pre-patch but it seems pretty freakin strong in duels atleast. Garbo in arena. Good survivability with a ton of block and parry. Good damage with avengers shield and shield of righteousness. The rotation is fast pace and you always have buttons to press.

Warrior (MS)
Insane damage with Focused Rage stacked up. Survivability is not so good but a flat 20% dmg reduction with defensive stance is solid. They're really strong with a healer as always, I don't think they're very good duelers though.

Rogue (assassination)
Alright this class is good. Rogues are strong as hell. Their opener is insane, have not tried shadowdance will today though. Their biggest weakness is their defense. One good stun and you can flop, a warrior will eat you a live if you have no trinket up for a shockwave or stormbolt. I look at recount and I don't even see where all the damage comes from, people just fall over.

Monk (windwalker)
Pretty average imo. Good sustain damage their burst isn't scary anymore though. Their fist of fury doesn't stun (at the moment) and does a lot less damage. Great duelers as always though.

Warlock (any spec, maybe except destruction?)
Affliction damage seems good, the other specs I'm not so sure. Their survivability is the best I've ever encountered in WoW. Insane self healing and defenses, absorbs etc. Something not right about locks.

Death Knight (Unholy)
I had high hopes for this spec and maybe in Legion it really shines but now...naw. This dot, kiting, ranged spec for PVP is very unappealing. The damage is pitiful, your survivabiilty goes out the window once bone shield is down your pet can be murdered, you can't deathcoil the pet for heals, you can't deathcoil yourself for heals (since lichborne is gone), your self healing is minimal with only Death Strike. There are many things wrong with this spec in it's current incarnation. I'm sure things are different in Legion but this is a review of my experiences with the pre-patch.

Death Knight (Frost)
I have not played extensively with this one yet. I do not like it one bit though. Having to rely so much on obliterate now (which is affected by killing machine instead of your frost strikes) is something I don't like. Your survivability, lol, AMS and IBF? You're a sitting duck. This spec gets shredded. Death Strike for heals. Your CC is gone too, no strangulate (at the moment) no way to spec into asphyxiate. Death grip and slows or if you can get in close for long enough Remorsless Winter can stun them. Not digging DK AT ALL.

Also, of all things they've removed from the game or pruned they have left one MAJOR annoyance factor still in since Vanilla.

Daze mechanics. Why is this still in the game? It's very annoying to be chain dazed by mobs your level or lower especially in water. I can't believe it's still in the game honestly.

Milennia

how is it too gimmicky, its by far the best talent in raids, now and in legion

super execute is incredibly powerful with mass hysteria on your artifact

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
how is it too gimmicky, its by far the best talent in raids, now and in legion

super execute is incredibly powerful with mass hysteria on your artifact

The gimmick is that you die. That's not really something they do in WoW anymore. Such as why they changed the Doomguard and Raise Dead spells. Outside of a raiding environment, it is incredibly reliant on annoying your healer for a rez after every boss or rare

Milennia

The gimmick is that you die. That's not really something they do in WoW anymore. Such as why they changed the Doomguard and Raise Dead spells. Outside of a raiding environment, it is incredibly reliant on annoying your healer for a rez after every boss or rare
I dont believe many people actually care about dying AFTER a boss is dead, its like the smallest price to pay in history for such a massive dps gain.

Its only useable in raids obviously yes, but the entire kit of spriest is essentially only useable in raids.

they have 0 redeeming factors for dungeons or any other content actually, they are only good in raids.

thus making the talent bonkers.

if you arent raiding, then you simply do not take the talent, not everything has to be perfect in all scenarios.

the bigger issue with the spec is the lack of aoe.

Shahadan

I'm still not sure about Disc priest, honestly I liked it on the beta but it seems somehow much harder now...
Then again I had to change my interface and buttons.

Also I don't believe I will be doing very well in a raid with it. Ugh, I've been disc for ten years I don't want to switch to holy!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
if you arent raiding, then you simply do not take the talent, not everything has to be perfect in all scenarios.

the bigger issue with the spec is the lack of aoe.

The problem there is that the other two talents aren't all that great. Especially compared to StM.

Rhaknar

if Gorgrond isnt the worst zone in the entire game, its up there. Good lord this is shit

Milennia

The problem there is that the other two talents aren't all that great. Especially compared to StM.
mind spike is garbage and always was, ever since alpha

lotv isnt bad, its actually what you play in everything OUTSIDE of raids, so you do have an option

THE issue with shadow priest is 0 aoe.

thats what their focus should be on.

Blinck

No video card can max out wow at a steady 60fps depending on where you are location-wise. It's cpu bottlenecked if anything, and most of the time, it's not even the cpu bottleneck, it's dealing with server lag and overcrowding that causes the fluctuations.

I don't think it's physically possible tbh with all the settings maxed. I have a 1080gtx and a 4.5ghz i5 and there are areas that dip. Granted I go by 144 fps cap so I notice when it goes down to ~60-70fps. But with these new settings I think it will be a while before people are getting steady 100s.

But I'm guessing your dips are in areas with lots of other players like major cities and such correct?

I'm getting dips in areas that have a lot of trees apparently, like nagrand and spire of aroka :\

It seems that the water setting also affects FPS a lot.

The worse is that it sometimes not only dips but stutters, I can have something like 53fps but I still sense a lot of stuttering.

Maybe they will optimize it a bit more, hopefully!

ZenaxPure

I'm getting dips in areas that have a lot of trees apparently, like nagrand and spire of aroka :\

Shadows man, tree shadows will fuck your shit up. Not even joking really. I can like triple my frame rate in zones with tons of trees by disabling shadows.

Top Bottom