• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Jag

Guess Archi won't be getting an Heirloom drop like Garrosh did.

Valor for the Valorous

With the patch we’ll be bringing back Valor as a currency. You’ll will be able earn Valor once more by taking part in Heroic and Mythic Dungeons, from various Bonus Events, and via the first run through Raid Finder each week. To upgrade, visit your friendly neighborhood ethereal to upgrade gear up to five item levels at a time, up to two times per piece of gear.

Ugh. More currency to grind. I am so glad I stopped just now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
5FRQ3NLC8Y8G1444791487245.jpg

gimme

Also hopefully I still have a friend or two in the raiding scene so I can grab that heroic archi kill.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The dragon mount is a random drop off timewalking bosses.

Archi Herioic or above drops an item that gives a quest chain that leads to the moose mount.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just saw this (I'm an intern) at a class. He's only 7 years old!

#DAED-GAEM

ZenaxPure

Why are the 6.2 mini patches better than 6.1 lol.

The grove warden mount makes me want to actually jump into HFC, might have to head back to open raid or something.

Not sure how I feel about the mythic dungeon changes. Having a reason to continue to run dungeons over and over is good but RNG is more often than not frustrating. Especially with item upgrades returning, the two systems seem to clash against each other.

Valor upgrades coming back.... *deep breath* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~~~....................

ampere

The moose looks cool, but if the wolf from Garrosh is any indication, expect about 20 recolors of that moose in the expac : /

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kalamidor? Aseroth? LOL WHAT AN IDIOT.

(Nah, seriously, that's so cool)

No better or worse than the actual names of things in WoW.

"Hey boss we need a name for the land all these panda beings come from!"

IT SHALL BE *dramatic pause* PANDARIA!

"See this is why they pay you the big bucks."

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That title goes to 2.2.

The only addition was in-game voice chat that no one uses.
Brewfest was also a part of 2.2. It's kind of pointless to single out 2.2 as a content light patch. It was also only released a month and a half before 2.3.

With the patch we’ll also be introducing Cross-Realm Mythic Raiding. You’ll now be able to join with friends, fill that one last spot, or have an easier time recruiting to backfill missing raid slots, allowing you to take on some of the most difficult encounters in Warlords of Draenor.

This change is about a month too late for my guild. They really had to wring out every single penny of those fucking server transfer fees, the fucks.

JSoup

Banned
6.1? 2.2?
I think we're forgetting 5.3, a large patch that we all called the contentless content patch, all content being completely removed three months later.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I found Pepe.

pepe8nxak.png

I also started doing pet battles. It's relatively fun but the leveling process is tedious.

Lomax

Damn. That's EU I guess. NA is still 30k.

NA token has increased by almost 50% in a couple of months. It was at 34k yesterday, and hasn't been below 30k in weeks. Dunno if supply is just continuing to dry up or if flying and world events created more demand (probably a combination of the two), but after being fairly stable during the summer it's done nothing but steadily increase for a while now.

gCxdMTx.jpg

Rösti;181680483 said:
I also started doing pet battles. It's relatively fun but the leveling process is tedious.

Pet leveling during the bonus event is at the rate it should be all of the time. It's interminably slow normally.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
NA token has increased by almost 50% in a couple of months. It was at 34k yesterday, and hasn't been below 30k in weeks. Dunno if supply is just continuing to dry up or if flying and world events created more demand (probably a combination of the two), but after being fairly stable during the summer it's done nothing but steadily increase for a while now.

gCxdMTx.jpg

Pet leveling during the bonus event is at the rate it should be all of the time. It's interminably slow normally.

The supply probably dried up. sell 2-3 tokens and you're set forever unless you're trying to buy TCG mounts.

Valor coming back now makes sense. It's Blizzard's way of slow-rolling the HFC nerfs without having to actually tune fights. Now that all the competent raiders are rolling with full ring sets and are generally just farming, valor upgrades+cross-realm are the catchup mechanism for the casual guilds still struggling with getting a consistent roster for late-stage Heroic early Mythic clears.

The only real agony is having to pug WoD heroics as nothing was done to ameliorate the wide gulf in player ability in LFD. But at least guilded players can slowly brute force encounters by pumping up their ilvl every week.

I'm unsure if I'm going to bother with it, my guild isn't really Mythic-quality and pumping up numbers to squeeze 30 seconds off Heroic farms doesn't seem like a good use of my time. The dungeons aren't really fun anymore.

finally got my warrior class trinket, no sign of tier 4 piece though :(. Think I might take a temporary break for SWTOR expansion.

Unsure how to feel about the valor points, feel like this will only make the barrier of entry for new raiders higher as ilvl inflates to unreasonable levels.

Bronzie

Neo Member
I can't tell if I'm happy that they turned one of their cool mount designs away from the in game store or if I'm upset that I'm going to have to go through Heroic HFC to get it.

Dinjooh

I've played WoD for almost a year by now, and only just now I found that you could actually enter the tree in the southern part of the garrison.

How peculiar.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I can't tell if I'm happy that they turned one of their cool mount designs away from the in game store or if I'm upset that I'm going to have to go through Heroic HFC to get it.

Paying for rewards in a subscription based game is never ok.

Especially when all the earnable rewards IN said game are cosmetic. Being able to buy cosmetics is too much.

Just read the patch notes. Cute, but that won't stop the sub loss. Blizzard needs to stop shitting on the average gamer, and they need to stop catering to mythic raiders. They need to realize that the times are changing and that you can't build a game around a few hardcore gamers anymore. But they don't seem to get it. They didn't even adress the LFR situation in any way. I will wait until Blizzcon, but if they continue on this path I'm gone.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Gemüsepizza;181727304 said:
Just read the patch notes. Cute, but that won't stop the sub loss. Blizzard needs to stop shitting on the average gamer, and they need to stop catering to mythic raiders. They need to realize that the times are changing and that you can't build a game around a few hardcore gamers anymore. But they don't seem to get it. They didn't even adress the LFR situation in any way. I will wait until Blizzcon, but if they continue on this path I'm gone.

They have the means to see how many people are doing certain things.

This is the kind of data they could collect in 2005. If people really weren't raiding, wouldn't they add all the other stuff, and raiding would be the footnote, to keep their customers happy?

People get this weird echo-chamber bubble around their heads and they think the things theyre interested in are the things everyone is interested in. It's just not the case.

They aren't going to make a game and invest resources, time and effort into something only "a few hardcore gamers" do.

cdyhybrid

Anyone know how to track the GCD with TellMeWhen? I know how to make the bar and everything, but I don't see an option for it to track the GCD, so I'm hoping there's a way to hack it.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

They have the means to see how many people are doing certain things.

This is the kind of data they could collect in 2005. If people really weren't raiding, wouldn't they add all the other stuff, and raiding would be the footnote, to keep their customers happy?

They have the data. But they are not acting on it. If they were, people would not leave this game.

People get this weird echo-chamber bubble around their heads and they think the things theyre interested in are the things everyone is interested in. It's just not the case.

You mean hardcore gamers?

They aren't going to make a game and invest resources, time and effort into something only "a few hardcore gamers" do.

They did, in the past. Then they changed their course slightly and this quote was made:

LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.

But with WoD they decided to tell LFR gamers to piss off, by removing tier sets, replacing good items with crap items, and recently by introducing the legendary upgrade item. And these are just a few examples. They have returned to making a game for the 1%. This approach will fail.

cdyhybrid

A lot more than 1% of people do regular raids. Hell, that's probably the vast majority of the people left, since raiding is the only quality content once you hit 100 in this expansion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Gemüsepizza;181729074 said:
They have the data. But they are not acting on it. If they were, people would not leave this game.

You mean hardcore gamers?

They did, in the past. Then they changed their course slightly and this quote was made:

But with WoD they decided to tell LFR gamers to piss off, by removing tier sets, replacing good items with crap items, and recently by introducing the legendary upgrade item. And these are just a few examples. They have returned to making a game for the 1%. This approach will fail.

You're right. They make a game for a small % of their playerbase because they hate money, and their investors let them get away with it. Besides the fact that they didn't really add anything to the raids besides valor points in 6.2.3, it's mostly 5 man content anyway.

Also, the game started to hit rock-bottom after LFR was introduced. People don't stick around if they can beat everything in one sitting. There's no point in playing if you can clear it right when it's unlocked, thats why they stagger the release dates of the wings now, so people stick around instead of one-and-done'ing it.

Stop and ask yourself this. When was the game hardest, or most time consuming? Now, when did the game have the most subscribers?

It's obvious.

Top Bottom