• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

keffri

I'm waiting anxiously for the Hallow's End event. I have 3 characters to try and get the mount. Good luck to everyone who is going to try and get it.

Waaaaaaaah

My computer kept freezing, so I had to do hard reboots and my UIs got reset >:\\\\\\

RIP.

I probably wouldn't quit if I lost my UI, but I'd be damn pissed. Takes a long ass time to setup properly, especially if I had to say, get all my addons again from scratch. From default to decked out with custom weak auras, it would probably take me 4+ hours to get everything in an acceptable state. Usable in less, but still.

Tarazet

It's just a sword and board dps stance that you can't switch from once you've entered combat. It's for warriors who don't have (or don't want) 2 sets of gear just so they can contribute to the numbers. It used to be stupidly overpowered but has since gotten nerfed into oblivion.

Adding to the confusion, that's the same talent you're going to want to choose for playing as an actual Protection tank for its passive benefits. So the talent that unlocks the DPS option is also the ideal one for tanking.

Ultratech

RIP.

I probably wouldn't quit if I lost my UI, but I'd be damn pissed. Takes a long ass time to setup properly, especially if I had to say, get all my addons again from scratch. From default to decked out with custom weak auras, it would probably take me 4+ hours to get everything in an acceptable state. Usable in less, but still.

I remember having to do that after having to swap laptops (battery died on the old one for a bit).
Wasn't too fun, but I had a good list of what I all I used. Just took a little while to try and get everything the way it used to be.

Ran into similar issues when Warlords came out since people hadn't updated all their addons yet.
Didn't enjoy running around in Stock UI with little to no addons. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i need legion CE inside me

is it gonna be announced at blizzcon?

My alt is now 2/13M.
pwou69d.gif

Got my Kilrogg kill tonight, though it took longer than it should have to down him (team downed him a couple weeks ago for the first time).

Gorefiend as Unholy is interesting. Like EZ top DPS without having to do much, cause if anyone else besides my partner so much as sneezes on the soul fragments they fuck it all up. Learning process, but sorta fun at least so far.

I wish they would do legendary ring drop holiday increases like they did with the cloak. I do like the catchup mechanics though. But it sucks to only get drops from one raid only. I enjoyed in MoP being able to do multiple raids for drops.

ZenaxPure

This year the mount will finally be mine.

I've got 14 chances at this per day... If I don't finally get it this year I am going to find a corner and cry in it until the end of time.

Also will say in general I am liking this Halloween update, feels like the most effort they've put into a holiday since whatever the last one they completely redesigned was. I mean it's not a lot in the long run but this kind of update is what they should do to holidays every single year imo just to add some new life to it for long time players.

Entropia

No One Remembers
You guys missed out back in 2009(or 2008?) where the horseman's mount dropped like candy lol

EDIT: Think it was 2009, 2008 was the year it was added.

ZenaxPure

You guys missed out back in 2009(or 2008?) where the horseman's mount dropped like candy lol

I've been doing it since they added it to the game, my luck is just that awful.

It's the worst running joke ever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Horseman is probably my favorite piece of voice acting in the whole game. It's so over the top and campy

LET FATE CHOOSE NOW THE RIGHTEOUS ONE! HWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

ampere

New-ish "leak" about some class changes:

WARRIORS
BLADEMASTER (Arms) New resource bar "Precision Bar"
Rage bar is not removed in place for this
Strike from Cata returns as a builder for precision
The fuller the precision bar is the more times you could use Overpower
Abilities that cost rage builds up Precision
-Bloodied Axe of Cenarius
BERSERKER( Fury) Fast paced
Haste reliant
Low Global cooldown (good luck with carpal tunnel)
(SPOILER - Varian goes out in a similar way as Brox, being the 2nd mortal to strike Sargeras, Fury warrior's pick up his separated Shalamayne, 1h Fury wield Ellemayne and Shala'tor, 2h fury wields Ellemayne and Shala'tor combined with the broken pieces of the Great Sword of Stormwind recovered from Blackrock Mountains)
GLADIATOR (Protection) gladiator stance is now a passive with minor adjustments the vrykul artifact weapons give prot some juicy bonuses MONK
WINDWALKER
Brews are renamed and no longer brews in order to fit class, the abilities remain the same however.
playstyle/lore (TEB = Chi Efflux, Energizing Brew = Xuen's Orison)
Crackling Jade Lightning is now Crackling Jolt - Burst like ability similar to the current Siegebreaker
Artifact weapon customization will change the color of your visuals (Teal green, Orange, Yellow, Blue)
BREWMASTERS
Stagger Removed, New more appealing system taking it's place
Artifact weapon is a keg that shows on your back, when sheathing; mugs of beer are wielded in your hands.
MISTWEAVER
lots of complaints incoming for mistweaver monks, sorry
Less mobile - More casting
ROGUES Generally are less cooldown reliant in legion
COMBAT
removing insights
Main Gauche is redone (1 parry = 2 gauche strikes)
pirate-like gameplay style with the use of mid range gun execution, lots of parrying
SUB
sub rogues will be getting an ability where they untarget themselves without vanishing/stealth, unlike vanish, this does not exit them out of target, instead, it acts as a really short stun
Valeera Sanguinar's Daggers but not really
ASSASSINATION
DoT reliant, heavy procs with each dot
No big changes
No clue about Artifact wep

I'd be bummed if Stagger is removed... though Blizzard seems unable to balance it so it wouldn't be that surprising.

ZenaxPure

Combat rogue stuff doesn't really make any sense to be honest, can't really parry in a pve raid situation unless they come up with some very creative mechanics.

ampere

Or if it was made into a tanking spec, but that's pretty unlikely.

I do think Rogues need a ranged dps spec at the very least, having 3 melee specs is rough on a class in a melee heavy metagame.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
that reddit post is straight up tales from my ass

JSoup

Banned

It dropped pretty well last year too. That's when I got mine and I when I noted more people where posting about and using it.

Jag

I do think Rogues need a ranged dps spec at the very least, having 3 melee specs is rough on a class in a melee heavy metagame.

Absolutely. I like the idea of a ranged pistol or hand held crossbow as part of a ranged rogue spec.

Ultratech

Eh, could have 'em use Bows/XBows/Guns for a ranged spec.

They'd be fighting with Hunters for weapons, but it's not like anybody else uses them otherwise.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Because when you pay for a ticket that says "full access" they expect what was advertised. But then this happens every BlizzCon, so...

The technology isn't there yet?

There'd be no way that that type of panel would garner enough interest to be on the main stage.

I am 100% certain that the smaller panels (i.e. 'community stage') have never been shown for virtual ticket viewers.

Robin64

Smaller non-Main Stage panels have always been shown. You've had a choice of streams in the past, main stage or otherwise. Been some really interesting smaller panels over the years.

Top Bottom