• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Ullus

I think the cookie might have had something in it.

2016-07-2816_38_56-gr6xbq7.png

Tacitus_

Pits of Saron TW.. ugh.

"Hide behind the rocks when your debuff gets too high"

*ded*

"but why am I dead tho????"

repeat
repeat

quit, get deserter

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I luckily haven't got Pit of Saron yet. Sucks that it's flat-out broken at current tuning.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pits of Saron TW.. ugh.

*ded*

repeat
repeat

quit, get deserter

Yeah. Got it twice in a row. Joy of 60min cooldown.

It's not even funny. And if you beat Forgemaster then Tyrannus will just fuck you up even more. Scaling is so BS. Without some uber priest shield and if the ice glitches the guy will charge you for 65k physical damage. Usually people have between 30-40k HP in there. Not to mention the time we had him down at 10% HP he suddenly healed for like 40% and wiped us.

Fuck PoS. Not even worth.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The timewalking system will almost always highly prioritize the dungeons you have not completed yet. Hard to skip one specific one just randomly queuing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The timewalking system will almost always highly prioritize the dungeons you have not completed yet. Hard to skip one specific one just randomly queuing.

That's stupid. It should be entirely random.

However I've had it 3 times today.

JSoup

Banned

Depends on how many dungeons are in the pool and how many you've completed. If the pool is large enough, like it is for Burning Crusade and Wrath, your chances are pretty good.

Jag

But guys whats the best auction house addon, where I can easily relist? And the best questing addons? Do questing addons even matter I find the quest system pretty damn great these days.

Auctionator is the easiest to use, but TSM is the GOAT auction addon, especially for relisting. Takes a bit of learning, but once you do everything else is crap. Don't need quest addons.

Dugna

Im really starting to dig this game again.. I want more awesome mounts and pets. What are some of the coolest but easy mounts to obtain? I did some google searches but a lot of outdated info

I have only the hearthsteed pet and babys first dragon, but I dont have artisan riding yet. I am close though.

With some help of an awesome guy I was able to get a shitton of amazing gear and sold most of that.

But guys whats the best auction house addon, where I can easily relist? And the best questing addons? Do questing addons even matter I find the quest system pretty damn great these days.

Try doing all of the MoP reps to exalted for many different mounts like Cloud Serpents (their rep is like the netherwing so it can be grinded) or things like August Celstials that sell Crane mounts...tillers sell mountain goats. There are also turtle mounts from the respective pandaren faction....like in general there are tons of mounts that come from MoP in general. Cata not so much....

So what is everyone working on in preparation for Legion? Right now I'm just farming raids for better gear, transmogging and some pet battles but I'm wondering if there's any other big things I need to be doing.

Really nothing else to do besides wait for content.

Yet to play Retribution, but I fail to see how it can be worse than Outlaw.

You don't have to worry about random buff roll (I love it btw) but overall ret will do avg to meh dmg in legion so its bad in that sense.

ampere

I luckily haven't got Pit of Saron yet. Sucks that it's flat-out broken at current tuning.

It's brutal. Took us like 5 attempts on the first boss because the healer couldn't keep up and people weren't always dropping stacks.

Rest of it was OK, but the trash hits really hard

Pit of Saron on TW seems to be hovering at the Burning Crusade heroics difficulty of "what the fuck"

Ridiculously difficult trash. Bosses that swat tanks like flies.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, first time logging in in a week and a half. So much stuff going on, and need to update my addons. Need to relearn a few classes. Going into Legion with my DK, Mage, Monk, and Demon Hunter.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pit of Saron on TW seems to be hovering at the Burning Crusade heroics difficulty of "what the fuck"

Ridiculously difficult trash. Bosses that swat tanks like flies.
TBC had some spikes but nothing close to PoS.

PoS feels like a 5 man raid in which everyone is undergeared.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm glad i'm done with TW so I never have to see this "new" PoS.

Well, when i say "done", i mean i bought all the mounts & toys from their currency. Still don't have the rare mount that drops from them, but eh... not gonna waste my time with that.

Tabard transmogs being locked behind rep grinds even if you already unlocked the appearance is the fucking worst.

It's especially bad as undead because unless you're a robed caster you look like garbage without one.

I'm so sick of being undead and how they look like garbage in almost everything.

Pits of Saron TW.. ugh.

*ded*

repeat
repeat

quit, get deserter

Before prepatch as a DK I could basically solo him once everyone died, probably can't in prepatch tho.

That tyranus fucker though, would randomly almost one shot me.

gryvan

It's not even funny. And if you beat Forgemaster then Tyrannus will just fuck you up even more. Scaling is so BS. Without some uber priest shield and if the ice glitches the guy will charge you for 65k physical damage. Usually people have between 30-40k HP in there. Not to mention the time we had him down at 10% HP he suddenly healed for like 40% and wiped us.

Fuck PoS. Not even worth.

Have you tried halls of reflection or halls of lightning TW????

Those 2 are BS incarnate right there

Outlaw is shit tier compared to Assassination, though.

Are you talking about damage or playing?

Because I find mut to be the least fun rogue spec in prepatch.

Sub is the best, combat is okay, definitely more fun than before.

Muti went down hill, expatiate is cool and all but I miss my dispatch.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tabard transmogs being locked behind rep grinds even if you already unlocked the appearance is the fucking worst.

It's especially bad as undead because unless you're a robed caster you look like garbage without one.

I'm so sick of being undead and how they look like garbage in almost everything.

Before prepatch as a DK I could basically solo him once everyone died, probably can't in prepatch tho.

That tyranus fucker though, would randomly almost one shot me.

If you're so sick of it, why not paying for a race change?

Halls of reflection is in TW now?

If you're so sick of it, why not paying for a race change?

A combination of fuck giving blizzard more money, undead having the best animations, and I don't want to be one of those people who basically has all blood elves.

I think what I really want at this point is to faction change all my characters but see point one.

Tecnniqe

Banned

There's HoR Timewalking? Fuck that. The first boss was very hard in 3.3 when it was intended.

No, only HoL is TW, at least this time around.

HoL is kinda easy if you have semi-decent dps among the team. Just did a run, no wipe and only 1 death I believe as the healers net went down for a minute.

YGXltYr.png

This is usually how the meters look in the avg. runs, however there are times when you get some OP people which makes tanking so much more fun and less CD dependent.

Here is confirmation that the fishing raid trick actually WORKS on Time Lost Proto Drake.

Surely being able to cheat the most notorious rare drop in the game like this can't be intended.

Ban these people! BAAAN!

Or carry me so I can get it too :3

Hixx

"Finally, we received a surprising number of reports from players that indicated they had somehow unknowingly activated “Action Cam.” For those who are unfamiliar, Action Cam is an experimental alternate form of camera control that is currently unfinished and not quite ready for the general public. It had become available through a console command in the Legion beta, but since it doesn’t give any unfair gameplay advantages and (so we thought) had to be expressly activated by the player, we’d left it accessible through that command.

However, it has become clear that more than a few players have somehow turned it on without knowing, and it’s a major cause of motion sickness for those players. So, we’re going to disable it entirely for now, and plan to bring it back in a future patch once we’ve sorted out all the motion sickness issues and given it a little bit more polish."

Wonder how long we will be without it.

Hopefully they're just disabling the console commands and addons still let you access it... but I doubt it.

I really fucking like it :(

Fjordson

Hopefully they act similarly fast on the phasing / CRZ shit. It's getting crazy. I'm in a party with a friend and we literally can't meet up in SW...

dimb

"timewalking dungeons are so hard. haha ha ha ha haha."
SBnbVJ7.jpg

pictured: recipe for 1.4k dps
I've run a bunch (15+ WotLK, 20+ BC) and the difficulty is pretty overstated outside of Pit. Not uncommon to run into people that are basically useless though.

"Finally, we received a surprising number of reports from players that indicated they had somehow unknowingly activated “Action Cam.” For those who are unfamiliar, Action Cam is an experimental alternate form of camera control that is currently unfinished and not quite ready for the general public. It had become available through a console command in the Legion beta, but since it doesn’t give any unfair gameplay advantages and (so we thought) had to be expressly activated by the player, we’d left it accessible through that command.

However, it has become clear that more than a few players have somehow turned it on without knowing, and it’s a major cause of motion sickness for those players. So, we’re going to disable it entirely for now, and plan to bring it back in a future patch once we’ve sorted out all the motion sickness issues and given it a little bit more polish."

Wonder how long we will be without it.

Hopefully they're just disabling the console commands and addons still let you access it... but I doubt it.

I really fucking like it :(

How in the fuck can someone unknowingly type "/console ActionCam full". That sounds like a load of horseshit.

dimb

How in the fuck can someone unknowingly type "/console ActionCam full". That sounds like a load of horseshit.
There are people in the other thread who "quit the game" because of it. Maybe people just see it around, ctrl+v it in, and forget that was how they got there.

Milennia

There are people in the other thread who "quit the game" because of it. Maybe people just see it around, ctrl+v it in, and forget that was how they got there.

people who quit over action cam are possibly the most uninformed ive ever heard of

Tecnniqe

Banned
"timewalking dungeons are so hard. haha ha ha ha haha."

I've run a bunch (15+ WotLK, 20+ BC) and the difficulty is pretty overstated outside of Pit. Not uncommon to run into people that are basically useless though.

IDK how many ive ran but im up to 2350 badges from wotlk right now and probably spent 1000 already. However when you get a full group like this
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jjesz9F.png[/IMG]
you can see where the troubles start to appear.
(Before fluffy a warrior entered with res sickness, wohoo)

I find it crazy that tanks do overall most damage in most of these dungeons.
But w/e, I'm just a lone Scrubbadin doing the King's work.

cdyhybrid

IDK how many ive ran but im up to 2350 badges from wotlk right now and probably spent 1000 already. However when you get a full group like this
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jjesz9F.png[/IMG]
you can see where the troubles start to appear.
(Before fluffy a warrior entered with res sickness, wohoo)

I find it crazy that tanks do overall most damage in most of these dungeons.
But w/e, I'm just a lone Scrubbadin doing the King's work.
Tank AOE is real.

Top Bottom