• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Hooray, b.net down with 15 minutes left on a World Quest with an epic piece of gear.

fwiw, world quests last 15 minutes longer than they say they do. The timer ticks down on the map and then the icon disappears, but if you're already doing it, it gives you another 15 minutes and gives you a timer on the HUD quest log.

biaxident

I forgot what a q for logging in looked like, it's been years since I had one on my low pop server. Theres a ring world quest waiting for me, one of the few items i've never had warforge

Edit: oh great after going through the 4 minuteish q, I DC again immediately.

I just have no luck with the Stormhiem intro sequence.

I got disconnected playing it as a Horde, and had the sequence get stuck on loading the final cinematic that's supposed to play right after the boss fight and before you get deposited into the zone and can begin questing properly. Took quitting the game and waiting a few hours for the sequence to reset because /reload and re-logging just put me at the completed and frozen boss sequence. Now I get disconnected playing it as an Alli and am waiting on a queue for my b.net client to re-log. If last time was any indication, I'll just have to replay the entire sequence again as progress doesn't seem to be tracked in these intro sequences.

Pickman

In the queue again now, looks like it's letting me back in finally. Sucks, was about to finish a rare elite off in Suramar solo. Burned pots, which aint cheap now.

Strimei

I just got home and what the hell happened? Servers on fire? DDoS? Someone forget to feed the hamsters?

I mean, there's a 500 person queue for my server and we're always low-pop. What the hell?

erawsd

There are still quest lines that open up some ways into revered so I at least want to do that on one character for the Pathfinder achievement. Also, the thought of doing Suramar again on another character is probably the biggest reason I haven't really focused on an alt yet, but it's kind of everything - order hall, zone quest lines, reputations, etc. There's too much that feels mandatory just to get access to things right now. Hopefully future patches will make it alt-friendlier, maybe give rep boosts based on rep you have on your main. They did this in Pandaria and I'm not sure why it's not just a system-wide feature at this point.

Trying to manage alts at the start of an expansion has always been a pain and something that only loosens up over time. Cata might be the only expansion that was "alt friendly" in that way, at least I cant recall anything.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have a few alts at 110 now. The path to level cap is not very long, and Suramar does not feel like the hard part. I'll probably write up longer zone reviews later but Highmountain and Val'sharah are not zones I am looking forward to repeating.

I have a few alts at 110 now. The path to level cap is not very long, and Suramar does not feel like the hard part. I'll probably write up longer zone reviews later but Highmountain and Val'sharah are not zones I am looking forward to repeating.

Highmountain is easily my least favorite zone. It just doesn't feel like it offers a compelling storyline compared to the others, and plays like a failed experiment in verticality. The entire zone is a nightmare to navigate, and finding a lot of quest objectives requires you to spend inordinate amounts of time trying to figure out whether it's on the mountain, or in one of 3 cave entrances around the mountain--not to mention how to get to any of those locations. It's just all around frustrating.

Xeteh

You and I might be related, I've leveled up several characters now. Leveling is so quick, levels take like 1-1.5 hours and I'm not really a fan of Highmountain or Val'sharah either.

M.D

Highmountain is easily my least favorite zone. It just doesn't feel like it offers a compelling storyline compared to the others, and plays like a failed experiment in verticality. The entire zone is a nightmare to navigate, and finding a lot of quest objectives requires you to spend inordinate amounts of time trying to figure out whether it's on the mountain, or in one of 3 cave entrances around the mountain--not to mention how to get to any of those locations. It's just all around frustrating.

It just occurred in my head. They should totally add a little icon next to the quest icon on the map to indicate whether the quest is inside a cave, on your current terrain level or if its on a higher position that you need to climb to.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
It just occurred in my head. They should totally add a little icon next to the quest icon on the map to indicate whether the quest is inside a cave, on your current terrain level or if its on a higher position that you need to climb to.

Doesnt the game already do this? If its inside the icon is grey instead of yellow. If its up or down from your current position it puts an arrow next to it.

And i cant believe people are hating on Highmountain.

cdyhybrid

Not sure if serious.

Nere

I don't know what you are talking about but Val'sharah is one of the most beautiful zones in WoW and the story in that zone is awesome and impactful, completely disagree with you.

That works fine, when there's only 2 levels. When you have multiple caves with obscure pathways to get to them, a ground level, a peak level, and god only knows what else it basically means fuck all.

I don't know what you are talking about but Val'sharah is one of the most beautiful zones in WoW and the story in that zone is awesome and impactful, completely disagree with you.

Once you get to the coast the entire zone falls apart for me. Bradenbrook feels completely out of place.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do we know the recommended level for the raid?
I hit 836 ilv yesterday and was wondering if it'll be enough for LFR - don't really feel like going into Mythic dungeons.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I heard the cutoff for LFR was 835.
Thanks!

Unrelated, but I should be finally able to hit 8000 honored with Nightfallen today after doing all possible activities for them every day. Heck, I even found all treasures and rares in that zones, hoping that it will help (it didn't). This part of the design is really puzzling compared with the rest of the expansion...

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The only reason I can do azsuna on my alt is due to the short chapter there. Weakest zone out of the rest.

i must be in the minority because i adore every zone. Each zone has a different feel and pace to it which i love. i also applaud how they all are evocative of classic zones/races/characters that havent been seen in a while. Tauren that you could interact with were last seen in Wrath. The last time i saw a wildkin that wasnt a Boomkin was in Vanilla. Kobolds. i last hung out with Nathanos like 7 years ago (felt good when you catch up to him later in Stormheim and says to you "Finally someone competent is here." Coming from that bastard that means alot lol).

Leveling to cap isn't the impediment for alts in Legion but artifact power, artifact appearances, order hall, followers and reputation gains certainly are. I would rather heavily invest what time and energy I have to play in one character that can do every spec. If I level something other than this Paladin in Legion, it's going to be a Druid or Monk. Probably a Druid because it has a ranged DPS spec but that won't be until I hit a few walls.

TheYanger

Doesnt the game already do this? If its inside the icon is grey instead of yellow. If its up or down from your current position it puts an arrow next to it.

And i cant believe people are hating on Highmountain.

Yep. If it's greyed out it's 'indoors', and if it has an up or down arrow it's above or below you. It's really not too tough tof igure out :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Dude playing with no hands, only his mouth: https://www.twitch.tv/nohandsken

Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMivdZ-mbI

After watching the documentary I'm honestly legit sad, I can't remember the last time any video made me want to cry this much. I suffer with chronic back pain and while horrible it's just nothing compared to what he deals with and I feel like a complete cunt for ever complaining about my problems. It's amazing how well he heals as well.

RPGCrazied

Anyone buying the movie on the 27th? I think Target has the best version. Slipcover with 8 character cards and a peekaboo window. You can have any character in the window, or just use the bluray art. There is a steelbook, but its pretty meh. Its just either the horde/alliance logo on the front, and some art in the inside.

Arcway was surprisingly not difficult - I would have thought that for a gated dungeon it would be a lot harder. Myself (ww monk), shadow priest, holy paladin and blood dk ended up 4-manning the last two bosses because we lost our pug DPS after the disconnect. We're all pretty geared but still.

Can't wait for mythic+.

Sarcasm

i must be in the minority because i adore every zone. Each zone has a different feel and pace to it which i love. i also applaud how they all are evocative of classic zones/races/characters that havent been seen in a while. Tauren that you could interact with were last seen in Wrath. The last time i saw a wildkin that wasnt a Boomkin was in Vanilla. Kobolds. i last hung out with Nathanos like 7 years ago (felt good when you catch up to him later in Stormheim and says to you "Finally someone competent is here." Coming from that bastard that means alot lol).

Weakest doesn't necessarily mean I hated it.

Lomax

Anyone buying the movie on the 27th? I think Target has the best version. Slipcover with 8 character cards and a peekaboo window. You can have any character in the window, or just use the bluray art. There is a steelbook, but its pretty meh. Its just either the horde/alliance logo on the front, and some art in the inside.

Wish they would have put those free account passes they made for the theater screenings in these, especially since whatever ones they made for the theater screenings seemed to amount to nothing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I can see a lot of shared design ideas between them. Visually there is a lot to love, but I am not really sold on some of these zones. Callbacks are nice and all, but some of these zones sorely lack ambition or variety. Heading back to the Cataclysm zones for the Shaman artifact quests was a harsh reminder of that. I'll try to write up something more extensive tomorrow.
I just cannot stand the story personally. Xavius is a terrible villain, and the zone gives absolutely zero perspective into his motivations, history, or personality. He is the most boring brand of mustache twirler. There is very little plotting or planning, you just have Night Elves brashly chasing Xavius. Main cast is super weak as a result, and the side cast might as we'll be nonexistent. Throw in weak quests that lack stand out moments, and the painfully weak visual interpretation for the corruption and you have what might be the weakest zone in Legion, and it ends on a sour note with the dreadful Darkheart Thicket.

The saving grace is Black Rook Hold and the surrounding area, but this is a very linear zone that poorly leverages the location. You have this Druidic enclave and they don't get involved in the story at all...like seriously?

Kosumoth the Hungering orbs don't appear to be on a respawn timer now. Now you only have to go through the arduous process of getting attuned.

Got my pet. Where is the mount? :\

Xeteh

Should I go back and pick up chests for the Withered Training if I get over 375 points or do I lose points for losing the withered?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
someone needs to figure out the trigger for the axe artifact skin already

the quest sounds like what i wanted from the class hall instead of what i got

cdyhybrid

Should I go back and pick up chests for the Withered Training if I get over 375 points or do I lose points for losing the withered?

You want to get to 420 or 425 or something like that. Once you get that you can probably start picking up chests. You can only get the big ones once and they contain upgrades for your minions, so you want to get them ASAP.

MMaRsu

There are still quest lines that open up some ways into revered so I at least want to do that on one character for the Pathfinder achievement. Also, the thought of doing Suramar again on another character is probably the biggest reason I haven't really focused on an alt yet, but it's kind of everything - order hall, zone quest lines, reputations, etc. There's too much that feels mandatory just to get access to things right now. Hopefully future patches will make it alt-friendlier, maybe give rep boosts based on rep you have on your main. They did this in Pandaria and I'm not sure why it's not just a system-wide feature at this point.

You know, its not really good content if its designed to be run with 10 dif alts.

Imo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, its not really good content if its designed to be run with 10 dif alts.

Imo

i love having too much to do for my mains. i wish every expansion focused on mains

the only real bummer is that i'd like to see all the class hall campaigns and that requires getting the world quests and all that

Rizzi

World quest rewards should be based on class/spec.
So fucking sick of seeing holy and life relics. I use shadow and blood, not healing shit.

Kangi

Alliance BM Hunter attacked a Horde lowbie by a World Quest area. Killed him.

Windwalker Monk saw me kill him, attacked me. Killed her.

Protection Paladin saw me kill her, attacked me. Ran away.

Late night World Quests are brutal.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I though Kosumuth was supposed to rotate his drop....its just the lame as fuck tentacle pet again.

Top Bottom