• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lanrutcon

its not a wow movie, its a warcrat movie. Im not saying youre wrong, they did rush it ("oh its fel magic...no mentions of demons tho, its just Fel thats it), but it seems like people were expecting WoW the movie

Yes :(

And somehow they made Gul'dan out to be a bad guy, instead of the misunderstood underdog he's always been.

Goddamn Shamanist propaganda.

strafer

dslNSIU.jpg

Okay this is just lazy, and looking at it it seems it takes longer to do what you did than to go the regular way.

Lomax

What is up with collectors editions for Legion? Usually there are tons and I can easily get one, now Amazon has only 2 for sale, and they are both $225

Did they really make a ton less this time and they are REALLY "collectors" editions?

There were apparently fulfilment issues causing shortages. Amazon got a second supply in last week and I got one from there,
but I guess they ran out already. Of course now I'm trying to flip that key because I had already bought a regular edition the week before when they were out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
As a DK I use death gate as a quick way out of caves. It's awesome.

Death gate spoiled me so much. Playing any of my alts that actually have to hearth back to Dalaran just feels ridiculous.

Jadax

its not a wow movie, its a warcrat movie. Im not saying youre wrong, they did rush it ("oh its fel magic...no mentions of demons tho, its just Fel thats it), but it seems like people were expecting WoW the movie

Actually I wasn't expecting WoW, when I say WoW I mean to say the whole world of warcraft - not just the story from where WoW the game began.

If anything, the story before WoW is much MUCH better - which is why it sucks that they managed to fuck it up so badly.

I just hope they don't rush through the Arthas storyline (if they ever do it, or if anymore warcraft movies are made). Arthas was literally the only reason I got into Warcraft, and the reason I started playing WoW.

Xeteh

Oh hey, Emissary Caches can have gear in them now (that isn't the Legendary stuff)

Yeah, this could be pretty cool. I'm bummed any day that there are a ton of new world quests and none give gear I could use and then my emissary cache just gives me order resources.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh hey, Emissary Caches can have gear in them now (that isn't the Legendary stuff)

was this a hotfix? I got gold as usual on my hunter this morning >_>

still have 2 reps left to do on the DK (of the initial batch of 3 you get when you unlock world quests), might give it a go. But im almost certain I want to carry on with my monk as alt (main alt? do I even have a main when im not in a raiding guild? /shrug) so not sure if thats a waste of time

mileS

I knew they would find a way to nerf the warden tower pvp world quests. (6hr rotation. Down from 3)

It went from me barely seeing 1 person there with me doing the quests to 10-15 people a tower sometimes. Clearly people are catching on how good it is to farm honor level with them. Which technically it still is you just can't do nearly as many a day as you could before.

Mupod

I knew they would find a way to nerf the warden tower pvp world quests. (6hr rotation. Down from 3)

It went from me barely seeing 1 person there with me doing the quests to 10-15 people a tower sometimes. Clearly people are catching on how good it is to farm honor level with them. Which technically it still is you just can't do nearly as many a day as you could before.

Don't feel as bad about spending my whole sunday spamming those then. But yeah it's pretty silly how much faster it was to PVE your way up the ranks than it was to actually run BGs. Especially since horde is super allergic to healing now. In the ones I ran with a friend last night, he was the only healer every time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
was this a hotfix? I got gold as usual on my hunter this morning >_>

still have 2 reps left to do on the DK (of the initial batch of 3 you get when you unlock world quests), might give it a go. But im almost certain I want to carry on with my monk as alt (main alt? do I even have a main when im not in a raiding guild? /shrug) so not sure if thats a waste of time

They just posted their hotfixes about an hour ago, but who knows when that change was actually implemented.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok healing on monk is fun
well in normals lol

gimme some addons. DBM isnt warning me about dispells for example, whats a good thing to warn who needs what dispelled?

Has any leveled up as holy paladin through solo questing? Did you kill things quick? Much downtime waiting for skills to be usable?

From a few pages back...

Brought my Paladin to 105 and finished Stormheim with her too. I really love that zone.
Been leveling as holy, with a few switch to prot and ret to get a feel for them since I grabbed those artifacts too but I quickly went back to leveling as holy, they felt kinda boring (more than judgement>holyshock>crusaderstrikex2 with a spam of consecration and the random holy prism whenever it is up). I dunno why but I also feel like I kill stuff faster as holy. It's surely not possible but it's the sensation I managed to get. In the end the combat feels boring with all 3 specs though. I guess I feel more at home as holy.

Healed Halls of Valor and I managed to do better than I thought I would (I didn't do the melee healer though). Got a pair of pants an I was very happy, cool, nice upgrade! then I turned in the quest and got a pair of 800 pants and I felt the pants from the dungeon were a wasted drop. ! transmog skin unlock at least.
At the end of it though I can't say I enjoy healing as a paladin as much as I did in the past. It's like it's missing that spark that had me in love in TBC, Wotlk and MoP.

Rhaknar

the little I tried to level as holy was god awful :/

Tarazet

Sometimes I want to quit when I get a DH tank in a dungeon

i'm pretty sure me and the aff warlock can outsurvive them

When we were starting Mythics our DH soloed a bunch of fights from 10% to dead when the rest of us failed the mechanics. I think the skill cap is nothing to sneeze at though, it seems simple but there is a lot you can do wrong.

vocab

ok healing on monk is fun
well in normals lol

gimme some addons. DBM isnt warning me about dispells for example, whats a good thing to warn who needs what dispelled?

Only show dispellable debuffs. Boss mods are a case by case basis. Not everything needs to be dispelled for example and both big boss mods can be configured in a way for you to focus on the dangerous ones. Boss mod anit gonna help you with deadly trash.

Sylas

When we were starting Mythics our DH soloed a bunch of fights from 10% to dead when the rest of us failed the mechanics. I think the skill cap is nothing to sneeze at though, it seems simple but there is a lot you can do wrong.
DHs are also really reliant on Mastery from what I can tell. A decent amount makes Demon Spikes no joke and means the difference between a useful CD and a mediocre one.

Self-healing is also really, really great once you get the trait that heals you for 10% of the fire damage you deal.

People are gonna blow at tanking on DH since it's supposed to be spikier than the others I think.

Thanks. I thought I remember someone mentioning that they have been leveling as holy but couldn't find the post.

Retribution isn't doing anything for me and protection is ok but gets boring fast. Was curious what holy is like.

I leveled as Holy and it's not bad I clearly take a little longer than DPS specs to kill stuff but not by much and not really any downtime.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What currency do I need to farm to buy the roll tokens?

I have no idea! I should find that out.

edit: looks like gold and order resources. The gold prices are... steep. Looks like 1000 for the first, then 2000, then 4000. That would be 7000 just for 3 rolls a week.
Order hall resource costs are the same, 1000/2000/4000. I figure the best option is to spend 1000g and 3000 resources a week.

Rhaknar

What currency do I need to farm to buy the roll tokens?

you can buy with hall resources or gold from the dude standing near VH in dalaran. The cost increaes each week

theres also a class order hall upgrade to get one of the three weekly toktens for resources.

Anoregon

you can buy with hall resources or gold from the dude standing near VH in dalaran. The cost increaes each week

Naa, that's not how it works. The costs stay the same each week, it just increases as you use the same resource in any given week to encourage a mix of gold and order resources.

Rhaknar

Naa, that's not how it works. The costs stay the same each week, it just increases as you use the same resource in any given week to encourage a mix of gold and order resources.

Oh.

What is roll currency? :eek:

I saw the upgrade option on that tree in my class hall and had no idea what it meant

During a raid, it lets you roll for loot after you kill a boss.

So if you really need a certain item off of a certain boss it allows you to get a second chance for that week.

You get max 3 a week so you can do it for up to 3 bosses a week.

EDIT: I should mention you don't always roll a piece of loot. Sometimes it's just gold.

More info can be found in the comments here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Leveling followers seems insanely slow. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for all these 108 810 ilvl rare missions that I can't do anything with

What is everyone's daily checklist of stuff to do during the week in preparation for raiding?

For me it's doing world quests for the chests, Mythic dungeons, and finishing the Suramar questline.

Want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Rixxan

During a raid, it lets you roll for loot after you kill a boss.

So if you really need a certain item off of a certain boss it allows you to get a second chance for that week.

You get max 3 a week so you can do it for up to 3 bosses a week.

EDIT: I should mention you don't always roll a piece of loot. Sometimes it's just gold.

More info can be found in the comments here.

Thanks I appreciate it

Tenebrous

What is everyone's daily checklist of stuff to do during the week in preparation for raiding?

For me it's doing world quests for the chests, Mythic dungeons, and finishing the Suramar questline.

Want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Keep ontop of Artifact Knowledge & at least run the daily heroic.

Past that? Nothing.

850 cloak.

For my 802 Druid.

World quest.

Gave up on that. Zone too packed.

Top Bottom