• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Acosta

I'm getting quite bored of playing my warrior, just 102 as Fury and I find it quite dull, mechanically wise.

I have switched to Arms and it´s more fun, but I went warrior for Titan's Grip and looks, If I wanted a single weapon I would have stayed DK.

DH are nice I guess but I think I'm just tired of melee mechanics.

Maybe I should try a Cleric and try something new...

Any suggestion is welcome... and if you can recommend some class for the Hall/Artifact stuff, I'm all ears.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MALFURION! WHERE IS MY BELOVED? WHERE IS MALFURION?!

where-are-my-dragons.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unpopular opinion I guess, but I legit hate Suramar and if it's the end-game that will be the focus of the solo experience then I can't see me playing this expansion much

Tacitus_

850 cloak.

For my 802 Druid.
World quest.

I got a 840 cloak for my freshly dinged DK. Won't say no to that..
Unpopular opinion I guess, but I legit hate Suramar and if it's the end-game that will be the focus of the solo experience then I can't see me playing this expansion much

I don't hate it per se, but I doubt I'll be touching it with my alts beyond emissaries and the plot quests. Just too time consuming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
locks start with 3 shards by default now. Not a big boost but its something >_>

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
anyone want to take a guess at which of these will be true?

1) Malfurion dies

2) Malfurion was Xavius the whole time

3) Xavius was Malfurion since he woke up. Real Malfurion was dead

4) Malfurion is the "evil" twin and is working with Xavius

RPGCrazied

How do you get flamereaper appearance for DH? Something about a mob drops an item in suramar, and then you have to fight a bat, but not fall to the ground or something.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
We're playing through the Illidan story so we know just how evil Malfurion actually was/is.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Malfurion isn't evil, but some shit happens where like his spirit gets trapped/killed in the nightmare but his physical body survives (in a coma or whatever). Illidan's spirit is fine but he needs a new body. He gets Malfurions body, the twins essentially do a permanent dragonball Z fusion and Tyrande gets the metaphorical doublestuf.

Also why is Tyrande the only night elf with that accent?

RPGCrazied

It's not in the game. Deathwalker or whatever it's called drops off the bat.

Oh? Someone is trolling? Found a thread on MMO-Champion of people saying this is how they got it.

And at some point they need to put Illidan's warglavies as an appearance. I think every artifact should get its legendary drop skin if it has a legendary in the game.

I think everyone will come around to this around the time they hit 8000/12000. It's fucking awful. Whoever thought WoW needed awful stealth mechanics and mandatory ancient mana farming on low drop rates and non-shared nodes (which they moved away from for professions for a reason???? BAFFLING) should be fired.

I think all the zones this expansion are extremely lackluster. They all feel like remixes of vanilla zones, but not in interesting ways. I like Highmountain for the verticality, that's about it. Everything else is just so forgettable.

erawsd

I think everyone will come around to this around the time they hit 8000/12000. It's fucking awful. Whoever thought WoW needed awful stealth mechanics and mandatory ancient mana farming on low drop rates and non-shared nodes (which they moved away from for professions for a reason???? BAFFLING) should be fired.

I think all the zones this expansion are extremely lackluster. They all feel like remixes of vanilla zones, but not in interesting ways. I like Highmountain for the verticality, that's about it. Everything else is just so forgettable.

I'm well in to revered and I dont think its awful at all. I actually dont mind the stealth stuff, Im glad there is a place in WoW that actually feels dangerous and you have to tread carefully, which is something that the game has been missing for too long. I do agree the ancient mana can be annoying but Ive gotten enough from the shoulder enchant that I havent really had to go out of my way to farm much.

Thing is, once you hit that 8k point there isnt any reason you need to do the Suamar stuff if you hate it that much. You've got the dungeons and 90% of the AP it has to offer.

cdyhybrid

Oh? Someone is trolling? Found a thread on MMO-Champion of people saying this is how they got it.

And at some point they need to put Illidan's warglavies as an appearance. I think every artifact should get its legendary drop skin if it has a legendary in the game.
It was Deathwalker on beta, so unless they changed it that's what it still is.

Every class had an appearance datamined that wasn't in the game yet IIRC.

I'm well in to revered and I dont think its awful at all. I actually dont mind the stealth stuff, Im glad there is a place in WoW that actually feels dangerous and you have to tread carefully, which is something that the game has been missing for too long. I do agree the ancient mana can be annoying but Ive gotten enough from the shoulder enchant that I havent really had to go out of my way to farm much.

Thing is, once you hit that 8k point there isnt any reason you need to do the Suamar stuff if you hate it that much. You've got the dungeons and 90% of the AP it has to offer.

There are still quest lines that open up some ways into revered so I at least want to do that on one character for the Pathfinder achievement. Also, the thought of doing Suramar again on another character is probably the biggest reason I haven't really focused on an alt yet, but it's kind of everything - order hall, zone quest lines, reputations, etc. There's too much that feels mandatory just to get access to things right now. Hopefully future patches will make it alt-friendlier, maybe give rep boosts based on rep you have on your main. They did this in Pandaria and I'm not sure why it's not just a system-wide feature at this point.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Mythic Arcway group was literally 2 feet away from the portal when the servers went down. Sweet.

Brokun

They're both pretty bad, but that Val'shara chain with Tyrande currently pushes her over the edge for me.

Did you forget the quest chain in Cataclysm involving Thrall and the Aspects where Tyrande went to object to something and Malfurion basically said "Shush Tyrande! Men are talking."

Tyrande: WHERE IS MY MAN

I NEED MY MAN

Malfurion: BAWK! B-GAWK! BAWK BAWK!

anyone want to take a guess at which of these will be true?

1) Malfurion dies

2) Malfurion was Xavius the whole time

3) Xavius was Malfurion since he woke up. Real Malfurion was dead

4) Malfurion is the "evil" twin and is working with Xavius

5) Malfurion finally becomes the chicken he was transforming into. Leaves WoW to become the new KFC spokesman.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Malfurion isn't evil, but some shit happens where like his spirit gets trapped/killed in the nightmare but his physical body survives (in a coma or whatever). Illidan's spirit is fine but he needs a new body. He gets Malfurions body, the twins essentially do a permanent dragonball Z fusion and Tyrande gets the metaphorical doublestuf.

It's like poetry

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
d/c and que. Great.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Keep in mind this was the same Tyrande who killed a bunch of Wardens to bust her convict brother-in-law out of jail.

Thalyssra for queen!

RPGCrazied

Same. Kicked off, and when I try to log in it says I have a 900 que, but its not moving, can't even log onto battle.net, say its too full.

Something is amiss.

Top Bottom