• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Arcway was surprisingly not difficult - I would have thought that for a gated dungeon it would be a lot harder. Myself (ww monk), shadow priest, holy paladin and blood dk ended up 4-manning the last two bosses because we lost our pug DPS after the disconnect. We're all pretty geared but still.

Can't wait for mythic+.

The trash is harder than the bosses are.

Kain

In fact the way it works now it looks like we can get the best gear with only world missions, right? At a slower pace, sure, but it should work.

TheYanger

So LFR is completely irrelevant in the face of Mythics?

LFR is to see the content without putting in any effort. It SHOULD be irrelevant in the face of a mode where you're at least partially responsible for doing things. Also, just like every other type of loot in the game LFR loot can upgrade as many ilevels as you are lucky enough to get.

It's strictly going to be better than world quest rewards at current ilevels, for example, because yeah you can get an 850 from a WQ but the chance is much lower due to the worse starting ilevel. Similarly, you can get tier in LFR or cool trinkets or whatever else you want.

Wunder

LFR is to see the content without putting in any effort. It SHOULD be irrelevant in the face of a mode where you're at least partially responsible for doing things. Also, just like every other type of loot in the game LFR loot can upgrade as many ilevels as you are lucky enough to get.

It's strictly going to be better than world quest rewards at current ilevels, for example, because yeah you can get an 850 from a WQ but the chance is much lower due to the worse starting ilevel. Similarly, you can get tier in LFR or cool trinkets or whatever else you want.

I really like the way things are right now, and it's probably the way it should've been at it's inception, because LFR truly serves it's purpose now, where its purely as a way to show off the content for people that dont have the time or can't get 9 other people together to see a raid.

The way it was before had incentives for other players/raiders to go in to LFR as a means to gear up and 'double dip' the loot system, which lead to faster burn out. Now, with mythic dungeons and the flex raiding system, it brings back the social aspect of WoW, which is looking/talking to people and forming groups, without the agony of being restricted to your server or needing a specific class or number of people to start the raid with.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So LFR is completely irrelevant in the face of Mythics?

as it should be, ilvl wise. It has (or will have in nighthold) tier at least again, so you can look pretty

edit: got some boots from the emissary cache...810 >_> well thats useless lol

Lanrutcon

Lock is 838, Druid is 810 and almost done with his order hall...thinking my Mage is next. I wanted to level my Warrior, but Fire Mages are kind of _the_ ranged dps spec atm.

Would be nice to do a dungeon and top a meter for once.

Stalk

Was going balance but uh... not too sure about it so quickly looped round to Guardian since I've not invested too much. Quite enjoyed tanking my first HC (BRH) - the feedback from skills feels great and the visuals are nice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmmm so are the medium size chests also a one time thing only in the withered scenario? I know the big ones that need 10 withered are, but im doing my scenario now, and im not finding any mediums either. I found the one big chest I missed last run (at the first boss) but I havent found anything else and im almost done.

I mean, if they are one time only, then...kinda whats the point when you have everything?

Yeah, but I'm not really doing that great, I guess? Pulling about 190-210 singe target with BM I think, with ilvl 841.

I do about 240 on bosses but thats more than most classes right now dude lol

Try Ret. I'm barely managing 100k dps doing world content at ilvl845. At least healdin is fun and how I get mythic groups.

Oh man the Nightfallen quests leading up to unlocking the dungeons were a pain in the ass. So many guards that break your cover. But with clever use of repentance I made it less painful then it could have been.

Nere

Did they reduce the number of world quests rewarding items? It has been 2 days now and I barely have seen any. There used to be at least 4-5 world quests rewarding items now it is only 1 or 2 at most.

Rhaknar

Did they reduce the number of world quests rewarding items? It has been 2 days now and I barely have seen any. There used to be at least 4-5 world quests rewarding items now it is only 1 or 2 at most.

it wouldnt surprise me. I got to 841 and I did 1 mythic and not alot of heroics tbh (im 843 now).

Anyway finished the scenario and yup, only got that 1 big chest I knew I was missing. So, hmm... I havent been to that room that needs 2 berzerkers to enter because I only have one, so unless this last big chest has the other zerker upgrade so I have 2 for the next run, /shrug

also the tiny chests seem to just randomly respawn / spawn, Ill find ones backtracking through the place that I sware werent there when I went through

edit: yup the last big chest had the second berzerker upgrade, so I guess Ill open that door on the next run

M.D

Finally done with this Demon Hunter campaign. This felt like it took forever and would never end..

So now just to make sure, I can't just redistribute my existing artifact power into another spec right? if I want to put AP into another spec I just switch and equip the appropriate weapon and start spending AP?

Rhaknar

Finally done with this Demon Hunter campaign. This felt like it took forever and would never end..

So now just to make sure, I can't just redistribute my existing artifact power into another spec right? if I want to put AP into another spec I just switch and equip the appropriate weapon and start spending AP?

you can but it costs a lot to respec and nobody does it

Shahadan

Sölf;216863367 said:
Just think of the sweet Suramar dungeon sets!

I got the 2 piece on my first run :(

Btw they should do something about world quests popping for the suramar dungeons after you have already completed them that week. That sucks.

Wunder

I got the 2 piece on my first run :(

Btw they should do something about world quests popping for the suramar dungeons after you have already completed them that week. That sucks.

Can't you still do the dungeon and kill the things required, but just not get loot from the bosses?

Rizzi

Man, reading the blue post about the state of warlocks is kind of infuriating.
I feel like maybe they should have noticed something was up with a bunch of classes/specs during the beta, you know?

Shahadan

Can't you still do the dungeon and kill the things required, but just not get loot from the bosses?

Yes but that's not ideal imo. Other dungeons you can usually do in other difficulties and get rewards while you're at it but not these ones.
The time/reward ratio is not at your advantage and you're kinda punished for doing them earlier. I guess I'll wait for tuesday from now on or something.

Minor gripe but that feels weird. Do you even get artifact power items on bosses in you're already ID locked?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah, but I'm not really doing that great, I guess? Pulling about 190-210 singe target with BM I think, with ilvl 841.
I'm ilvl 847 arcane mage and I can only get those kinds of numbers on groups of 4+ mobs where I can get full power Arcane Barrage (admittedly my rotation is a bit sloppy). So yeah I would not say those are bad numbers at all.

Godan

So sitting at 838 ilvl. Hopefully get that up a bit over the next few days. What ilvl will we have to be for EN normals and heroic?

Zelias

Banned
So sitting at 838 ilvl. Hopefully get that up a bit over the next few days. What ilvl will we have to be for EN normals and heroic?
No set ilvl, so it'll depend on your group. My guild is asking for 830 for EN normal (they've not decided on heroic yet I think). PUGs will probably ask for more.

Rhaknar

so theres clearly a spot for another item like light's heart in every class hall, is there another similar quest in the game, or is that something to be added later on?

Ark

A lot of people are clamouring for raid spots right now it seems. I put out one trade chat ad for a healer and a ranged DPS yesterday since we had a couple of people ask to go back to social, and I have four people reply on one ad. Jesus.

Wondering if I can hit 850 this reset, 846 is pretty close considering I've got four 835 pieces.

Mitch

Banned
Anyone putting together a weekly group for raiding? US Horde. Around 7PM EST at least once a week. Going through every avenue to find a dedicated group.

Decently experienced player. Shadow priest since 2008 or so.

Hit me up. Mitch#1242 (Armory link)

Tenebrous

did you just get kicked for this 'scheduled' maintenance?

that is super rough :(

None of that in the EU. Last time me (and a lot of others) were kicked back to character selection.

This time, the zone essentially froze, despite my connection to everything working fine, guild chat working fine, etc.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So my group had a chat last night about raiding. Looks like we're going to do casual Normal/Heroic raiding a couple of nights a week. Pretty excited about that.

Bizazedo

Feels like the class balance is more off than it has been in awhile, but maybe they just need us to level our artifacts more? Maybe?

:(

Top Bottom