• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm super worried about this one and I can see a world where I don't actually take it. Judgment alone causes enough hassle, bouncing to something it shouldn't and grabbing it, I can't imagine a world where my massive AoE is hurtling its way down a corridor.

I already hate my fire mage spells exploding too often and grabbing neutral monsters while questing... grrr.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
840+ necklace as soon as I open up world quests on my monk

fry-suspicious.gif

its a pvp world quest tho so this is going to be a pain :p

edit: oh it was pretty easy there was a ton of people there. thanks for the 850 (it warforged) neck world quests :3

Xeteh

edit: oh it was pretty easy there was a ton of people there. thanks for the 850 (it warforged) neck world quests :3

Today was the day of items upgrading for me. World quests had 2 epics and an 830 Belt, all 3 upgraded.

Edit: I really wish all champions could be used as a Combat ally. The ones who don't are at such an EXP disadvantage.

I already hate my fire mage spells exploding too often and grabbing neutral monsters while questing... grrr.

Bruh the struggle is fucking real. Especially when questing alone it's super annoying. My ilvl is high enough to where I can handle it most of the time but it's getting old. Debating switching to frost after accidentally pulling about 15 mobs in Suramar and getting stomped in like 5 seconds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
btw whoever it was who said that withered only run away when you put them on mayhem! mode---------a damn LIE

They have a chance to run in any encounter.

It's scary!

(Also cute. I love my mana addict pikmin elves.)

I feel like a Hunter popping barrage every time I use an AoE ability and pull all of the nearby wildlife on top of the trash I am fighting.

So as a Ret Pali with already little time for raiding and "hard" stuff my options are "enjoy" the "solo" stuff or cancel my account? Okay!

Or, you know, you could do something crazy like try out Protection or Holy. As a Paladin you have access to all roles, I don't know why you would limit yourself to just one spec. It's all well and good to be invested in Retribution but you can roll as Prot or Holy and not be bounced from group activities because of whatever bias there is against Ret right now.

You're just limiting yourself otherwise.

Gonna move forward on the Paladin alt. Which spec? Ret really as bad as everyone says?

Prot. Why worry about single target damage when you can pull and kill larger mobs than a Holy or Ret could even think about taking on.

That's generally the case for all tank specs - single target damage is lower than DPS specs, but you can pull like a half dozen mobs pretty easily and aoe them all down much faster than a DPS could single target 6 mobs.

As someone new to tanking, this took a bit to realise but god damn is it fun pulling mob trains that would have killed me as a dps and murdering them all. Playing a tank in PVE isn't dull if you're having to actively use your damage mitigation on top of your damage abilities if you pull massive mobs but it is sure as shit boring if you approach each encounter like a dps.

erawsd

fry-suspicious.gif

I wonder if Blizzard will end up adjusting those to encorage more actual pvp. Ive gotten to honor rank 31 and the only one Ive seen any actual pvp at is the arena in blackrook hold. Everything else is just people slaughtering the npcs and moving on.

Mupod

As a PVE care bear, I can't wait to hit 110 and go fight in the sewers to farm a rat mount or try that weird mount free-for-all place in Stormheim.

The fun one is in Black Rook Hold. Look for the arena world quest. If no players are there it just shits out endless NPC 'pvpers' who have really interesting AI. There's also a graveyard right there so it's just endless rez zerg nonsense.

Underbelly is fun in the morning before the zerg death ball starts up. Sucks once there's 50+ people spamming laggy AOE.

The free for all one in Stormheim, people seem to mostly just kill the mobs. I had someone attack me, possibly accidentally, and I two shotted them so gear advantage might still be enabled there. I also subdued and was able to ride around a dragon but only in that area. Unfortunately there was nobody around for me to attack from dragon-back.

Epix

Regarding Mythic Keystones...

If everyone puts in a mythic level 1 keystone does that create a Mythic+ 5 dungeon or a Mythic+1 dungeon with loot available to each player? Do you have to put in a keystone of your own to be loot eligible or can you risk nothing on someone else's keystone?

TheYanger

Regarding Mythic Keystones...

If everyone puts in a mythic level 1 keystone does that create a Mythic+ 5 dungeon or a Mythic+1 dungeon with loot available to each player? Do you have to put in a keystone of your own to be loot eligible or can you risk nothing on someone else's keystone?

Just 1 keystone, if you have a group of 5 players it means you're getting 5 mythic dungeons, one per person, but the loot is for the entire group.

Also...on the one hand I'm bummed they're capping ilevel at 850 next week, on the other hand it means you're not hilariously behidn if you don't run 50 mythic dungeons too.

Epix

Just 1 keystone, if you have a group of 5 players it means you're getting 5 mythic dungeons, one per person, but the loot is for the entire group.

Also...on the one hand I'm bummed they're capping ilevel at 850 next week, on the other hand it means you're not hilariously behidn if you don't run 50 mythic dungeons too.

So if I pop into a PUG Mythic+ run, some dude puts in his keystone and we don't make it then just he loses a keystone and I lose nothing?

Great, just another reason for my ret paladin to get shamed from Mythics.

TheYanger

So if I pop into a PUG Mythic+ run, some dude puts in his keystone and we don't make it then just he loses a keystone and I lose nothing?

Great, just another reason for my ret paladin to get shamed from Mythics.

He doesn't lose anything, short of you guys not finishing the run. If you finish it you're guaranteed loot, no matter how long it took, and he still gets the depleted stone (which he can attempt to reignite by just doing the same run and doing it fast enough).
Your mythic keystone is never wasted for the week until you literally brick wall into something you actually just can't beat.

Like, if you do Mythic +5 with my keystone, and we win, I get a Mythic +6 and we get loot. If we fail, I get the same keystone back and we get loot, the only difference is now I have to run it again to try for the +6 (and you don't get loot on that subsequent attempt to prevent obvious farming exploit).

Epix

He doesn't lose anything, short of you guys not finishing the run. If you finish it you're guaranteed loot, no matter how long it took, and he still gets the depleted stone (which he can attempt to reignite by just doing the same run and doing it fast enough).
Your mythic keystone is never wasted for the week until you literally brick wall into something you actually just can't beat.

Like, if you do Mythic +5 with my keystone, and we win, I get a Mythic +6 and we get loot. If we fail, I get the same keystone back and we get loot, the only difference is now I have to run it again to try for the +6 (and you don't get loot on that subsequent attempt to prevent obvious farming exploit).

Gotcha.

Finally hit 110 on my Holy Pali last night then ran a few normal dungeons. It feels like I could spam FoL all day and never really used HL aside from HS procs every once in awhile. Is that how it is in Heroics/Mythics? I mean, people were taking tons of damage so I was literally spamming FoL throughout most of the fight but never had mana issues.

Rizzi

Hmm. Blood Princess Thalena is pretty hard when you have someone who doesn't understand what the bite does, and doesn't speak English.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did they hotfix pvp gear or something? on my hunter all the gear from pvp world quests was always 805+ no matter what my ilvl was.

on my monk who just opened world quests earlier, first I got a 850 neck (was 840+ on the quest), now a new pvp world quest is giving 840+ shoulders.

whats going on?

Robin64

They may have just hotfixed it to work on ilvl instead.

People were complaining that after they prestiged at level 50, all the gear from world pvp quests was being shit again, as if they were level 1 (which they technically are, but..)

Aeana

I got my monk to 110 last night. But now I have other games to play in DQ7 and SMT4A. :/
Not that it really matters. No guild or group of friends to raid with, and they don't take me to dungeons because they already have a healer, so not much reason to play heavily.

Rhaknar

PvP gear from WQs is based on your honor level.

That's not to say there might not be something odd going on here.

honor level? dude I just dinged 110 2 hours ago? :D

I got my monk to 110 last night. But now I have other games to play in DQ7 and SMT4A. :/
Not that it really matters. No guild or group of friends to raid with, and they don't take me to dungeons because they already have a healer, so not much reason to play heavily.

are you EU or US I forget

Zelias

Banned
They may have just hotfixed it to work on ilvl instead.

People were complaining that after they prestiged at level 50, all the gear from world pvp quests was being shit again, as if they were level 1 (which they technically are, but..)
I had a cloak reward from a PvP tower quest last night and it was 840+ on both my Shaman (around ilvl800) and my DK (844). Not sure why. Both are low honour level.

Rhaknar

why do people continue to buy my 815 blues for 3k or 776 (!) epics for 6k and shit?

you get to 110 in no time and world quest gear or whatever is right there people! right there!

Magnus

What's PVP like for priests these days? Back in vanilla, I PVP'd for like one week as a priest and was endlessly disheartened to get repeatedly stunlocked and annihilated by rogues and warriors. I was essentially queueing up to a punching bag.

Has anything changed in 11 years? :)

Predominantly play shadow now, holy OS. I'll definitely learn Disc if that's the way to go in PVP.

Rhaknar

I had a cloak reward from a PvP tower quest last night and it was 840+ on both my Shaman (around ilvl800) and my DK (844). Not sure why. Both are low honour level.

I just checked my hunter and the 840+ shoulder quest I just did on the monk is there so I guess its just a good reward up right now. might do it on the DK aswell in that case

edit: nice 845 shoulders, had 830 on the hunter. 844 overall now. Might aswell do that quest on the DK then.

alright boys its time to roll a survival hunter

I have yet to see a single one in all my playtime of legion

I was between maining a Monk or a Survival Hunter for Legion. Went with the Monk, kind of wish I went Survival. I understand there is already an over abundance of melee classes out there, but man I love that Survival play style.

Bisnic

Someone explain Nomi cooking recipe research for me...

I talk to him, give him 5 meats of different types(3-4 types each day).
I come back the next day and get 1-3 meats + burnt food, and never new recipes.
What the fuck am i missing? I feel like I'm throwing food out of the window for no reason.

Got the Silverhand, now I just have to grab Ashbringer.

I'm such a bad healer but I didn't bother to switch out my trinkets, rings or necklace, which didn't help.

I imagine you wouldn't have much difficulty finding a guild of any playstyle to run with on Proudmoore but DQVII is a pretty solid reason to take a break from WoW. I'm gonna try to play both at the same time, probably badly.

why do people continue to buy my 815 blues for 3k or 776 (!) epics for 6k and shit?

you get to 110 in no time and world quest gear or whatever is right there people! right there!

Because Garrison gold. A lot of players have more gold than sense.

Ashodin

Someone explain Nomi cooking recipe research for me...

I talk to him, give him 5 meats of different types(3-4 types each day).
I come back the next day and get 1-3 meats + burnt food, and never new recipes.
What the fuck am i missing? I feel like I'm throwing food out of the window for no reason.

It's supposed to be a slow roll of cooking recipes given to you. Later after patches he will burn less (catch up mechanic)

Xeteh

I still have Trails of Cold Steel 2 sitting on my desk... had you told me 5 months ago that I'd be playing WoW instead of that I would have laughed. I need to play it though.

Bisnic

It's supposed to be a slow roll of cooking recipes given to you. Later after patches he will burn less (catch up mechanic)

Yeah, but after 5 days, you would think I would get something.

Do i just need higher cooking skill? I'm just at 715.

Top Bottom