• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rizzi

Got a healing related question. What's my best bet for healing a bunch of group damage on my holy priest? Prayer of healing doesn't heal for all that much. :s

Got a healing related question. What's my best bet for healing a bunch of group damage on my holy priest? Prayer of healing doesn't heal for all that much. :s
Depends on how the damage is spread out and whether poh hits all 5 party members. When everyone's together you spam poh to get sanctify back up faster. If everyone is spread out spam flash heal and use serenity(preferably on the tank). If the damage is really harsh use apotheosis.

If you're really struggling with group healing in 5 mans spec into binding heal and use it in place of poh.

All artifacts get!

8gQoUvS.jpg

After maining Protection, Retribution Paladins feel like they're made out of paper. Dunno when I'll get around to leveling Ashbringer but it's good to have all three.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the gear from emissaries is nice for my fresh monk tho, gotta say. 810 chest and gloves from 2 of the emissaries were upgrades.

ampere

Just 1 keystone, if you have a group of 5 players it means you're getting 5 mythic dungeons, one per person, but the loot is for the entire group.

Also...on the one hand I'm bummed they're capping ilevel at 850 next week, on the other hand it means you're not hilariously behidn if you don't run 50 mythic dungeons too.

Yeah it seems like the basic goal is to get a single clear of +10 for that 880 piece the week Mythics open

Strimei

Just a heads up, do NOT die due to falling in the withered army scenario.

You will be sent to the graveyard, rather than be ported out, and it completely invalidates any work you did in it.

I had so many glimmering chests this run too. God damn it.

Ashodin

All artifacts get!

After maining Protection, Retribution Paladins feel like they're made out of paper. Dunno when I'll get around to leveling Ashbringer but it's good to have all three.

Justicar's Vengeance + Shield of Vengeance + Holy Wrath goes a long way.

After you pop all your defensive CDs, satisfying as hell to blow up an elite by yourself with Holy Wrath for over 2 mil damage

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just a heads up, do NOT die due to falling in the withered army scenario.

You will be sent to the graveyard, rather than be ported out, and it completely invalidates any work you did in it.

I had so many glimmering chests this run too. God damn it.

where do you even fall to die in the scenario? o_O

edit: btw the gear on the emissary caches doesnt replace the gold or resources like someone said, you still get those too

Sölf

7.1 PTR stuff is currently getting posted on MMO-Champion! That is certainly faster than expected. Still, I would be suprised if the patch would come earlier than 3-4 weeks after Mythic Emerald Nightmare has been released.

Strimei

where do you even fall to die in the scenario? o_O

edit: btw the gear on the emissary caches doesnt replace the gold or resources like someone said, you still get those too

Pretty far in, you emerge into that central area with the large structure and the hole in the ceiling that you can see the surface from (its where you enter in Falanaar the first time with the druid), you can fall pretty easily from high up (as you can climb up a lot of the webbing).

Or you can fall in the room with the dead crystal tree if you're like me with low health and not paying attention.

Sölf

What do you guys think about the fact, that we will "only" get 2 items per Mythic+ dungeon? I think that's still more than enough, one item per person was way to much before.

cdyhybrid

Sölf;216916701 said:
7.1 PTR stuff is currently getting posted on MMO-Champion! That is certainly faster than expected. Still, I would be suprised if the patch would come earlier than 3-4 weeks after Mythic Emerald Nightmare has been released.
It's going to be on PTR for a while. The thinking is November.

Strimei

Sölf;216916701 said:

Quite a few mounts in it, I like.

Seems like the manasaber is from the new Nightfallen stuff, there's a new Nightmare, an Emberwyrm from the fire wyrm boss, and a lot of things seem tied to this "Talon's Vengeance" faction that Aviana heads, including some sort of ivory hawkstrider.

Rhaknar

am I reading it wrong or are they giving Marks and Survival Bestial Wrrath and Kill Command? Like what? o_O

Strimei

am I reading it wrong or are they giving Marks and Survival Bestial Wrrath and Kill Command? Like what? o_O

Doesn't Survival already have its own form of Kill Command?

And I think some of it is just tooltip stuff and errors. For example, apparently both Fire and Frost getting Arcane Barrage, but...well, arcane charges are arcane-only so...

Lain

Did Draenor tradeskill skillups just get changed? This morning doing the daily cooldown were yellow on my tailor/jewelcrafter, right now they are grey and my tailor/jc is still 700 tailor/701 jc.

idlewild_

Trailblazer Name changed from "Dash" to "Trailblazer". Increases the duration of Aspect of the Cheetah by Your movement speed is increased by 30% anytime you have not attacked for 3 seconds. Hunter - Level 45 Talent.

nice

Did Draenor tradeskill skillups just get changed? This morning doing the daily cooldown were yellow on my tailor/jewelcrafter, right now they are grey and my tailor/jc is still 700 tailor/701 jc.

They may have hotfixed them when they did Engineering.

Rhaknar

Doesn't Survival already have its own form of Kill Command?

And I think some of it is just tooltip stuff and errors. For example, apparently both Fire and Frost getting Arcane Barrage, but...well, arcane charges are arcane-only so...

no its a different skill surv has

Rizzi

Demonic Empowerment Empowers your active demons with dark energies, increasing their haste by 50% and health by 20% for 12 sec. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 6% of Base Mana. 100 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
Yep, what demonology needed was a weaker hitting artifact ability apparently?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would not pay very much attention to MMO Champ's data for new patches. The have been getting stuff very wrong.

Ashodin

uh? Are we free?

Judgment 12 sec cooldown.

Are we free from haste!?

Crusade - Profoundly empowers your Judgment for 20 sec. While empowered, Judgment generates 1 Holy Power, has a 75% reduced cooldown, and increases your damage and healing by 3%, stacking up to 15 times. Retribution Paladin - Level 100 Talent. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.

OOH OOH Judge gives HP with this!

Strimei

Looks like there are halls of valor themed armor visuals you can collect.

Ensemble: Funerary Plate of the Chosen Dead, for example. One per armor class. And perhaps a different color for each difficulty since there are one designated for each difficulty.

Rhaknar

That's what I meant. Its essentially kill command but a different form of it. Its similar, but different in a way.

its as similar as shadowbolt and fireball are similar. actually, no its not even that similar.

Kill Command: command your pet to bite your enemy for X damage

Flanking Strike: You and your pet attack at the same time, if you have aggro your pet does more dmg and gains a ton of aggro, if your pet has aggro you do more dmg

its not the same thing at all

Strimei

its as similar as shadowbolt and fireball are similar. actually, no its not even that similar.

Kill Command: command your pet to bite your enemy for X damage

Flanking Strike: You and your pet attack at the same time, if you have aggro your pet does more dmg and gains a ton of aggro, if your pet has aggro you do more dmg

its not the same thing at all

I would put it more as fireball and frostbolt, since those two you used are from different classes.

Different spells but fulfill essentially the same function.

edit: Patch notes out. Falcosaurs we raise our own mount like we used to!

Sölf

New World Event Area
Return to Alcaz Isle – Dr. Weavil and the Drudge Gnomes
Get to the bottom of Dr. Weavil’s insidious plans on Alcaz Isle.
Rewards include the Big Red Ray toy for everyone and tamable mechanical spiders for Hunters.
OMG! Dr. Weavil!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
RIP mat prices though. It's going to get homogenized to hell.

EDIT: Woops, miscalculated. Derp.

Robin64

For retadins:

Crusade has been redesigned: Replaces Avenging Wrath. (Instant – 2 minute cooldown) Profoundly empowers your Judgment for 20 seconds.
-While empowered, Judgment generates 1 Holy Power, has a 75% reduced cooldown, and increases your damage and healing by 3%, stacking up to 15 times.

I'm not sure anyone had a problem with the current Crusade, I'll have to wait for people smarter than me to figure out if this is better or not.

erawsd

I'd hope that most of the tuning changes are going to continue to happen in hotfixes. Making people wait until 7.1 (Nov/Dec?) for fixes would be pretty ridiculous.

Ark

The Warrior changes...

I guess Blizzard are happy with how we are.

We've had 5 drop in the last 24 hours. Our resto druid got his second (neither are very good).

Prot Warrior's are 100% balanced. Nothing wrong with us at all. Not even a little bit. Definitely balanced.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"No class tuning has been done in Patch 7.1 yet. Datamined "changes" from the PTR at this point are simply tooltip corrections." - Warcraft Devs

Ashodin

For retadins:

I'm not sure anyone had a problem with the current Crusade, I'll have to wait for people smarter than me to figure out if this is better or not.

At first glance, it's tied to Judgment, with its current 12sec CD (based on haste, of course) 75% of its cooldown at base is 3 sec use.

Basically when you pop it, it fits into the rotation, where you go

Blade, Strike, Strike, Pop Crusade, Judge, TV, TV

Then the rotation changes based on what's up: Judge > Blade > Strike = dump HP into TV

20 seconds, sounds like you'll get it up to 20% more damage and healing, maybe? Feels like it's not enough or equal to the flat base of 30% from Avenging Wrath. I'd have to play with it on PTR.

Top Bottom