• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tenebrous

Prot Warrior's are 100% balanced. Nothing wrong with us at all. Not even a little bit. Definitely balanced.

We're balanced around raiding, not shite like dungeons. We're pretty balanced in that, apparently.

How did I miss this, by the way?

Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles now heals the warrior based on base Rage spent, rather than actual rage spent, to account for Rage cost reduction effects.

That's mental.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool, my Monk has surpassed my DK on everything now, more suramar done, professions further along, already higher ilvl, to replace him as my actual alt
and soon main if I keep enjoying her as much as I am :3

today was a good day. A veggie day, but thats what time off work is for :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think there's a problem where tanks are tuned for dungeons so when they just roll over open world content it's hard to nerf them without also having to rebalance every dungeon.

I'm leveling my Mage alt and I see why most of this thread hates Suramar. It's really hard to navigate when you can't feasibly survive more than 2 guys at a time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah it seems kind of ridiculous on my warrior that anything challenging for Arms spec, I can switch over to prot with ZERO artifact power and completely stomp it without going under 90% hp ever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think there's a problem where tanks are tuned for dungeons so when they just roll over open world content it's hard to nerf them without also having to rebalance every dungeon.

I'm leveling my Mage alt and I see why most of this thread hates Suramar. It's really hard to navigate when you can't feasibly survive more than 2 guys at a time.

You are mistaking hating the withered scenario with hating suramar.

But really its hard to have sympathy for people hating on the harder mobs in suramar when for years people have been crying for harder world content and when it happens people cry that you cant lol your way through the zone without paying attention or carefully pulling.

Two mythic-only dungeons with strong loot.
Requirements for the pathfinder (flying) achievement.

Oh cool, flying wont be out for ages anyway, and idc about those instances, since ill prob get loot from raids. I was trying to rush through this garbage area but knowing that, fuck it. Ill chill.

Strimei

So it seems the Alliance and Horde forces in 7.1 are...well, I'll let this peacekeeper explain it:

50L3nrz.jpg

iirate

... Why? I mean, I don't use it for anything aside from pulling but... why?

If you need to preserve hit combo and want to Tiger Palm x2 or Blackout Kick x2, you can currently tap CJL in-between the two abilities to do so, so I assume this is a fix for that.

Tenebrous

Level 22 trait - 211k AP total.
Level 25 trait (3rd golden ability) - 460k AP total.

Well, looks like I'm not getting that before the raids.

Ashodin

The AP climb gets fucking brutal

And they did it specifically to slow down people who grind the fuck out of the game

So I'm totally okay with it

Tenebrous

Anything that reduces the margins between who can or can't be endgame is A-OK in my book

Artifact Knowledge is a great system

It is a great system. I'm not complaining about it - Just saying that it seems so damn far away.

(But doable)
[But I don't wanna do it!]
{Do I?}

No...

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Hit a wall with my class order campaign because i need to go into a dungeon. Havent done dungeons with others in DF since Wrath pretty much. Finally bit the bullet after a week or so and did the two dungeon quests so now im back on the campaign quest. i hope the other class story quests are as interesting as the DK one.

Xeteh

Well, I didn't know that could happen. Got the bait I needed for the last fish in Stormheim then never caught the fish.

Edit: Oh cool, it just happened again.

Ashodin

It is a great system. I'm not complaining about it - Just saying that it seems so damn far away.

(But doable)
[But I don't wanna do it!]
{Do I?}

No...

This is the type of internal dialogue I imagine no-lifers having every time they see a far off goal that is attainable yet completely detrimental to their health in MMOs hahaha

Tenebrous

This is the type of internal dialogue I imagine no-lifers having every time they see a far off goal that is attainable yet completely detrimental to their health in MMOs hahaha

I got 99 ranged & mage twice in Runescape. It's all good.

Nah, I'll be doing some dungeon grinding with guildies over the next few days anyway. Will see how close I am by the end of it.

Specifically what wont unlock?

Shoulders (Exalted) & Gloves (Honored).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anything that reduces the margins between who can or can't be endgame is A-OK in my book

Artifact Knowledge is a great system

Yeah, if you're alright with a system that is the equivalent of a mom making a kid play with their little brother.

lol

Strimei

Spoilers for Suramar in 7.1:

Waning Crescent area of the city gets hit by the Legion. Hard. Lot of the NPCs we're working with there die.

Ashodin

Waning Crescent area of the city gets hit by the Legion. Hard. Lot of the NPCs we're working with there die.

You know I figured the Legion being absent (sort of) so far in the game means we'll see the Broken Isles get totally fucking TRASHED by the Legion as the expac goes on.

Xeteh

4 out of the last 5 bait I've caught have not allowed me to catch the fish they're supposed to. After being 13/13 on the previous fish I've caught and how long some of these have taken to catch it feels really fucked and I just want to stop.

ampere

If you need to preserve hit combo and want to Tiger Palm x2 or Blackout Kick x2, you can currently tap CJL in-between the two abilities to do so, so I assume this is a fix for that.

Ah. That explains it. Guess it got changed for Brewmaster too just because the ability is the same for both specs

I love when content patches progress the story in zones. Really hated that WoD had none of that

th3dude

Why do I feel like I kill things (like questing) faster as Prot Pally than I do when on Ret?

I'd like to be a DPS for group content, but tanking solo is so good. Am I doing something wrong or is Ret really that bad?

Obviously Prot AOE is leaps and bounds better, but even single target DPS seems slower as Ret.

Ashodin

Why do I feel like I kill things (like questing) faster as Prot Pally than I do when on Ret?

I'd like to be a DPS for group content, but tanking solo is so good. Am I doing something wrong or is Ret really that bad?

Obviously Prot AOE is leaps and bounds better, but even single target DPS seems slower as Ret.

I dunno, I feel like I'm definitely faster to kill things as Ret than Holy at least. I haven't tried Prot, but I absolutely destroy and tear into stuff as Ret.

ebil

Ret isn't terrible but it definitely has a setup time between Holy Power and Judgment which doesn't always work well with the questing flow in my opinion. It does hit very hard when you're in your Judgment window, but you have to be very mindful of making the most out of Judgment. I think Prot is really good for soloing though, because of AOE, self-sustain and superior pulling abilities.

Xeteh

Finally got the Underlight Angler. For anyone else going after it, make sure you're in the zone "The Great Sea" for the ocean fish, if you're just on the coast of one of the zones you can seemingly fish up the ocean bait but you won't catch the fish, I learned the hard way.

Tarazet

I feel like I'm at the point with my main where I'm going to get diminishing returns the more I play until I get more Artifact Research. So I'm working on an alt, I have all 6 tank specs at 100 and can't really decide between them. Druid has always been my main until this expansion, but I enjoy my Paladin too, and they went full Diablo crusader mode this time around with spinning hammers and Steed Charge and everything, so maybe I'll roll with that and see how it shakes out.

MMaRsu

You are mistaking hating the withered scenario with hating suramar.

But really its hard to have sympathy for people hating on the harder mobs in suramar when for years people have been crying for harder world content and when it happens people cry that you cant lol your way through the zone without paying attention or carefully pulling.

I am LOVING the open world content and think it should be hard and not steamrolled through.

So whats up with the blood of sargeras vendor?

Top Bottom