• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Great so prices of mats is gonna go down a lot?

:/

Blizzard has never liked high mat prices sticking around for a long time.

they gave us a personal garden and a personal mine last expansion. blood of sargeras forces you to go out into the world and do stuff.

MMaRsu

I just like making a killing on stormscale amd stonehide leather, especially with the masters skinning knife in zones where world quests have you kill skinnable animals. A lot of ppl are not skinners so free money

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
wow, the difference between Ret and Prot is like night and day.

Didn't stop Dro from spawning in during two void-lords pulled by withered running away, and nuking all my army down....not enough stuns in the world to prevent his omnislash.

Did manage to kill the bastard with only 1 withered left....only to fall through the world in the spider-egg room, 'lose' my withered, and get ported out.

GG Blizz.

Think next time I'll just sack the withered early to get the 25% damage and mage boosts in prep for later runs.

All I want from them at this point is the fox mount, or I'd leave it alone entirely.

Rizzi

Not one single chest before Dro showed up. In a completely different room this time.
Wow, withered training is sooooo great!

Strimei

Not one single chest before Dro showed up. In a completely different room this time.
Wow, withered training is sooooo great!

I was able to kill Dro in my run earlier, he drops a key apparently, so if you can manage it, its worthwhile. That being said, he nearly obliterated my army in the process.

Sadly, I died and couldn't get to see what's within, and it seems the key can't be saved.

Rizzi

I was able to kill Dro in my run earlier, he drops a key apparently, so if you can manage it, its worthwhile. That being said, he nearly obliterated my army in the process.

Sadly, I died and couldn't get to see what's within, and it seems the key can't be saved.

I have no way to stop his attacks. My only form of crowd control is a two second stun with a two second timer on its activation, with a 30 second cooldown. Mind control makes him evade bug and regain all his health.
What is a beta for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xeteh

I like Withered Training but as someone who has done it with a DPS spec with a longer cooldown CC and on a tank with a shorter CC, something should be done about Dro. On my Brewmaster, I kill Dro before he kills any Withered assuming I don't screw up and on my Enhancement Shaman I can't kill him before he kills me and that is using Bloodlust on top of him killing off my Withered.

TheYanger

I have no way to stop his attacks. My only form of crowd control is a two second stun with a two second timer on its activation, with a 30 second cooldown. Mind control makes him evade bug and regain all his health.

You're a priest? you can literally EITHER stun his attack (it stops it completely). or Dominate Mind and use him to shred the instance. But, I heard just complaining works better than adapting!

cdyhybrid

Group leader tried to boot me right before Shade of Xavius died because I wouldn't give his friends a trinket. Still got credit though.

Never change, WOW players.

I hate Warlock so much right now but I don't want to switch off. Guess I won't be raiding, not like I would get invited anyway. Right now I'm just dragging down my guild groups when they have to begrudgingly invite the waste of space that does less dmg then tanks.

Rizzi

You're a priest? you can literally EITHER stun his attack (it stops it completely). or Dominate Mind and use him to shred the instance. But, I heard just complaining works better than adapting!

The stun lasts two seconds, then he still tears through ME. Also, relying on mind control to not act like the buggiest thing in the world is hilarious. I use mind control, it expires and he evades back to his spawn, then runs straight back to me at 100 kilometers.
Thanks for the input though! As usual your "lol you're a priest git gud" is helpful.

Just wrapped up the Rogue class storyline. That was damned good. Miles better than the Shaman story.

DK is next I think :)

I started the rogue one a few days back and it was really fun. The shaman one is cool for the sheer scope of it.

About assassination artifact quest: It's a bit weird how a human rogue who's supposedly one of Azeroth's greatest heroes can just kill people in Stormwind during the quest.

Rizzi

Also when dominate mind does things like THIS when I use it, I'm less inclined to use it inside of a scenario full of elites.
5cwEAkG.jpg

I'm only a week and a bit late to the game, but man I'm instantly remembering why tanking is such a thankless task.

I've done two dungeons so far and enjoy the demon hunter tanking but each one has had DPS that are trying to take shortcuts, skip mobs, moan at me for being too slow.

I'm not going to research normals outside the game, so I'm learning the dungeons by doing them which is great as everything seems new but I hate ta king for these people, it's only going to get worse I can imagine but I'd like to think I still have a chance at enjoying the content.

I thought about changing to the dps spec but sort of feel locked in to my artifact already.

Rizzi

I'm only a week and a bit late to the game, but man I'm instantly remembering why tanking is such a thankless task.

I've done two dungeons so far and enjoy the demon hunter tanking but each one has had DPS that are trying to take shortcuts, skip mobs, moan at me for being too slow.

I'm not going to research normals outside the game, so I'm learning the dungeons by doing them which is great as everything seems new but I hate ta king for these people, it's only going to get worse I can imagine but I'd like to think I still have a chance at enjoying the content.

I thought about changing to the dps spec but sort of feel locked in to my artifact already.

Tell them to slow down, it's not mythic+.

Lanrutcon

Dro is horseshit.

He should not respawn. He should be a once off challenge, not a black mark that makes you hate the event and your spec every single time. Try fighting him as a class without reliable interrupts. See what happens.

As for that 7.1 Suramar spoiler...I'm sorry. but Suramar and the Nightier Night Elves haven't been around long enough for me to get attached to their fate.

Kinda hoping the Legion totals the place. Would make it easier to navigate, and demons don't need Ancient Mana. Yay!

Kain

I see they are changing the Dash talent to a less embarrassing form. Next they should extend Mongoose fury by three seconds or something and we're set.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think there's a problem where tanks are tuned for dungeons so when they just roll over open world content it's hard to nerf them without also having to rebalance every dungeon.

I'm leveling my Mage alt and I see why most of this thread hates Suramar. It's really hard to navigate when you can't feasibly survive more than 2 guys at a time.
An illusion! What are you hiding?

Shahadan

I killed him first try as a disc priest. I have nothing.
Lost 4 withered. What is supposed to be hard about this guy?

Though I guess I had one upgraded withered with an interrupt from what I've seen.

Lanrutcon

Though I guess I had one upgraded withered with an interrupt from what I've seen.

He has a aoe rush attack that virtually 1 shots withered. The more withered you have, the more withered you lose.

If you didn't stun him when he goes berzerk I find it highly questionable that you only lost 4 withered. Unless you only had 5 withered and 1 was standing apart from the rest.

Rizzi

Shadow priests are way squishier than disc priests, though. Like, by an infinite amount.

Shahadan

He has a aoe rush attack that virtually 1 shots withered. The more withered you have, the more withered you lose.

If you didn't stun him when he goes berzerk I find it highly questionable that you only lost 4 withered. Unless you only had 5 withered and 1 was standing apart from the rest.

I had 17 withered and we steamrolled him like everything else in the dungeon :|
I saw my mage withered interrupt him so maybe that gave me enough time I don't know. Can you fear him btw?

Tell them to slow down, it's not mythic+.

Aye I'll try and take a bit more of a hard line, everytime I stop to make sure what way we are going or become slightly cautious with huge packs of mobs I get "REALLY? OMG" typed in the chat.

I assume loads of folk played the beta or have just been living in dungeons since release, just wish they'd realise some folk are playing a new class and just started the game back up after 2 years away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Most of these world quests might as well be called dailies. This is starting to get old fast.

they are, they just change it up every day, and you only do the ones for the stuff you need. We knew this already

Shahadan

they are, they just change it up every day, and you only do the ones for the stuff you need. We knew this already

They said there were a large number of world quests so it wouldn't be boring right away. But I get the same set every two days, and some I do every day. They should correct their algorithm or make more quests.

Also stop always saying "we already knew this" every time you try to correct people, you're the one in this thread always asking about the most basic stuff everyone knows about and that you could learn in 1 minute of reading wowhead.

erawsd

They said there were a large number of world quests so it wouldn't be boring right away. But I get the same set every two days, and some I do every day. They should correct their algorithm or make more quests.

Also stop always saying "we already knew this" every time you try to correct people, you're the one in this thread always asking about the most basic stuff everyone knows about and that you could learn in 1 minute of reading wowhead.

Yeah, theres suppose to be ~500 of these quests, which seems like a ton but I think the issue is that they seem to evenly distribute them across zones. Then they are further divided by profession, pet battles, pvp, dungeons, warden, kirintor, ect.. so the "bucket" of regular quests you see commonly ends up not being that big when you're cycling them in 4 times a day.

That said, I do still vastly prefer this system to dailies since you can cherry pick the ones you want and the rewards are immediate.

Lanrutcon

I had 17 withered and we steamrolled him like everything else in the dungeon :|
I saw my mage withered interrupt him so maybe that gave me enough time I don't know. Can you fear him btw?

I'm actually not sure, but it's on my list of stuff to check. My Destro lock doesn't have any controlled stuns, so I'm really hoping fear works.

I'll give it a whirl once I'm back up to max mana later.

Shahadan

Yeah, theres suppose to be ~500 of these quests, which seems like a ton but I think the issue is that they seem to evenly distribute them across zones. Then they are further divided by profession, pet battles, pvp, dungeons, warden, kirintor, ect.. so the "bucket" of regular quests you see commonly ends up not being that big when you're cycling them in 4 times a day.

That said, I do still vastly prefer this system to dailies since you can cherry pick the ones you want and the rewards are immediate.

I agree and realize this 100%, that said I feel some quests return too often and some not enough. Some adjustments to be made and all that.
I'm still curious however how their randomizing system works, since it seems every time there is some problem with frequency.
My mission table gives me at the moment 3 missions to get the same shitty item reducing mission duration by 5%.

mclem

A question: Are the crafted Artifact Relics upgradable with obliterum? If so, do you have to upgrade them before use, or can you upgrade them in situ?

Is it normal not to have any order hall missions available? Haven't had any since yesterday except for the Suramar fox mount ones. All my champions are level 110, but I haven't upgraded their gear much.

(Stealth brag? I don't know how common the mount quest item is, got it from a Nighfallen emissary bag a couple days back)

erawsd

I agree and realize this 100%, that said I feel some quests return too often and some not enough. Some adjustments to be made and all that.
I'm still curious however how their randomizing system works, since it seems every time there is some problem with frequency.
My mission table gives me at the moment 3 missions to get the same shitty item reducing mission duration by 5%.

Thats possible too. Thinking about it, every equipment mission Ive gotten has been for the boots that give 20% success chance on missions longer than 8hrs. There should be a "cooldown" on some missions/quests and rewards so that you dont immediately see them again.

I got 4 850ilvl and 3 840+ pieces today between my 2 110 characters. All the 850 pieces came from world quests. Crazy.

I love the pace of the game right now, for my level of seriousness, and I hope it stays similar to this for the rest of the expac.

I can log in, do a handful of world quests on both of my 110s, get some nice upgrades (both are above 835 now!) and then do whatever I want. I can keep slowly upgrading my characters just with world quests and the occasional dungeon. It's great. Later on I'll add in mythic+ and some pug raiding, but not much.

I don't mind being way behind the curve of ilvl, as long as I can always keep progressing somewhat regularly this way.

TheYanger

Shadow priests are way squishier than disc priests, though. Like, by an infinite amount.

So respec shadow? It's not important that every spec have an easy time, just that every class can do it.

In general, go for control and survivability in withered training, your personal dps is a drop in the bucket compared to the withered themselves, they absolutely shred things.

CHC

So is there any actual strategy to handling Dro? I killed him as a protection warrior but he killed all of my Withered except for ONE. He just jumps around killing them as he pleases. It's completely idiotic.

TheYanger

So is there any actual strategy to handling Dro? I killed him as a protection warrior but he killed all of my Withered except for ONE. He just jumps around killing them as he pleases. It's completely idiotic.

Prot warrior should be trivial, stun him when he starts to cahrge around and he'll stop for like 30 seconds.

Lren

Really enjoying how World Quests work so far. Not stressing out so much on having to log on just to do dailies cause this semesters work is something else. Really enjoying my DH but going to start working on my Mage or Hunter soon.

Top Bottom