• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't get how zone phasing works but it's glitchy and needs to be worked on.

Twice now I've opened up a group to invite people to a MoP world boss and the second I made it, I got put into a different phase and the boss despawned right in front of me.

Just now Sha spawned, a few people flew to it and I asked in general if anyone was still flying or if we could pull, some guy said he didn't see it so I invited him to my phase and that fucked everyone's phase up. It put me and other people who weren't even in the group into a phase where it was dead already.

It's made it so I don't even bother making groups to get people tags because it will just put me in different phases and de-spawn the boss.

Fucking dumb.

Sarcasm

We've had login queues for no reason (well prior to Legion launch), random disconnects, and various other server issues since they did the full battle.net merge a few months ago (guess it was more like six months ago now, in prep for the Overwatch launch). Yeah, the launch was pretty stable, but I just find all these unexplained "attacks" a little mysterious and it just more likely that their servers are struggling at peak hours, which seems to be when they always happen.

Then it is just your server. Both of mine never had these issues. Only did during the Ddos of their isp weeks ago.

Strimei

How does one get upgrade materials for followers if you're one of the classes that doesn't have the ability to put in work orders?

Just hope a mission comes up with one or choose the option that sometimes lets your followers bring armaments and such from missions? That seems a tad annoying.

Aeana

How does one get upgrade materials for followers if you're one of the classes that doesn't have the ability to put in work orders?

Just hope a mission comes up with one or choose the option that sometimes lets your followers bring armaments and such from missions? That seems a tad annoying.
There are classes that can't put in work orders?

peter0611

So I have the Legion companion app on an Android (S7 Edge). But I see no options to enable push notifications when missions, work orders, etc. are complete. Is this by design or am I missing something?

scy

Yea we are missing information.

As far as I know you need to do some of the class hall quests to unlock work orders.

Druid, Monk, and Shaman all get them as RNG mission rewards as one of their Tier 2 upgrades, don't they? Every other class I thought had the Order Resources -> Champion Item Work Order NPC there instead.

Strimei

All I know is, on my mage, one of the hall upgrades was the ability to put in work orders for it.

On my monk, there is no ability, only the upgrade to give my followers a chance to bring stuff back. That's it.

Sarcasm

Druid, Monk, and Shaman all get them as RNG mission rewards as one of their Tier 2 upgrades, don't they? Every other class I thought had the Order Resources -> Champion Item Work Order NPC there instead.

If you mean chance to get loot, that is from the order advancement dude. Otherwise to get some items and ilevel increase items (plus some other stuff for like pets) it is via the order board.

Druid here.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All I know is, on my mage, one of the hall upgrades was the ability to put in work orders for it.

On my monk, there is no ability, only the upgrade to give my followers a chance to bring stuff back. That's it.
I mean it might as well be random when you're putting in work orders.

Wunder

Yeah, that's the one you wanna take. It's probably slightly better overall since you save order resources and I'm getting enough equipment from the missions to keep my guys upgraded steadily.

Strimei

I mean it might as well be random when you're putting in work orders.

I suppose though I've had a good track record with it overall.

Yeah, that's the one you wanna take. It's probably slightly better overall since you save order resources and I'm getting enough equipment from the missions to keep my guys upgraded steadily.

Honestly I have the resources coming out the whazoo. I've got more than enough to cover my last two hall upgrades and then still have a few thousand left over.

Anyways, yay got my monk to 110 and unlocked world quests. Time to grind more! Heh. Though seriously, I'll take it a bit more calmly with my monk. Its my main (mage) that I push forward hard on.

Sarcasm

When do equipment item quests pop up? I have gotten none.

The only thing for my druid in advance order that exchanges order resources for broken seals is not even on the same tier as chance for equipment.

So, to pass the time during this outage, I watched this video of all the opening Cinematics edited together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTBb2kJPDdk

First of all; holy shit there are 24 minutes of WoW cinematics now. I dunno why that floored me. I also kind of wasn't expecting the nerd chills that came with watching each one in turn. I mean, the first two are just okay. Starting at Wrath though, every single one still makes me hope for a warcraft cinematic universe somehow taking hold. I've watched the Wrath cinematic a bunch of times over the years, but I forgot how good the WoD cinematic was having only seen that once I think.

Despite the overarching story of these games being uh...not good most of the time, to put it nicely, there's no denying that this has been a journey. I've played and enjoyed WoW for countless hours since Closed beta and this video for some reason really drove home how absurd of an impact these stupid games have had on me. Some of my best friends, people I've now been playing with for 11 years, I would've never known without this game.

I have no idea why this video made me so reflective but all I know is that shit touched me.

Back to your regularly scheduled waiting for servers to come up.

The original cinematic is still dope. Love the music in that one.

scy

If you mean chance to get loot, that is from the order advancement dude. Otherwise to get some items and ilevel increase items (plus some other stuff for like pets) it is via the order board.

Druid here.

Well, I had the tier wrong (it's Tier 3 for Druid's Reclamation) but yeah, there's an upgrade that just randomly gives them the items on mission success in addition to the normal rewards. Everything besides Druid, Monk, and Shaman have an option here for an NPC that just does work orders for the items instead (or basically wait 12 hours, collect a compass to vendor.)

Ashodin

We should get a NA Mythic group together. I'll play Holy if I have to.

Like I mean we don't have to do it now, but setup a list of those who want to do mythics and when.

I'm good for these hours

• Tuesday - Thursday All day, Saturday All day

Sarcasm

We should get a NA Mythic group together. I'll play Holy if I have to.

Like I mean we don't have to do it now, but setup a list of those who want to do mythics and when.

I'm good for these hours

• Tuesday - Thursday All day, Saturday All day

What faction?

So I have the Legion companion app on an Android (S7 Edge). But I see no options to enable push notifications when missions, work orders, etc. are complete. Is this by design or am I missing something?

A lot of people with Android devices don't have any type of notifications, me included. It's just a bit buggy at the moment, bit like WoW itself.

Court of Stars and Arcway:

Bosses? No big deal.

Trash? Fuck that trash.

It's not even that it's so terrible, there's just so MUCH OF IT. Why is there so much trash? Why?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Still maining arcane. Yeah, fire is "better", but whenever I play that spec I can't help but think how much more fun it was the way it worked in Cataclysm.

For trash groups I mainly just spam arcane explosion and do barrage every 5charges.

for trash mobs you don't even need to barrage. just burn all your mana and sippy cup afterwards tbh. and if your group gets mad that you're so slow point them in the direction of the suggestion submission for and tell them to suggest some buffs.

Robin64

There's a new mob to kill in Stranglethorn this year for Pirates' Day, Ol' Eary, who drops a toy that lets you shout pirate insults at people.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Levelling up my mage. Really don't like how fire feels.
Same honestly. They have four spells in their basic rotation but two of them are near carbon copies of the other two. You cast fireballs and mix in fireblast or fireblast 2.0 in order to proc hot streak to cast fireball 2.0. And because you can stack crit so high the procs don't even feel fun.

Rizzi

GHvXKXR.jpg

You're super right Alodi.

Tacitus_

Looks like the LFR heroes have gotten into heroic dungeons. I warn them of Helyas breath attack and both other DPS die to the first one. One of them gets ressed just to die again.

Sigh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the beginning of that quest when he's like 'back when spellcasting was crazy inefficient...'

meanwhile I'm here using like 1/10th of my mana bar to cast one arcane blast

THANKS ALODI

Runas the Shamed is probably the best NPC in Legion.

I feel like defying expectations is kind of Azsuna's theme with its questing.
You keep waiting for Runas to betray you and it just doesn't happen. You kind of feel badly for not trusting him at the end because all he wanted to do was make amends and do something good with his life before he fully changed and devolved to a Withered. Maybe Prince Farondis wasn't a surprise to people more familiar with the lore of the war of the ancients but I kept waiting to see why Prince Farondis was so reviled by his people, to see what horrible thing he had done. It turns out he's hated by his people for trying to do something good, he stood up to Queen Azshara, tried to stop the Legion from invading Azeroth and paid rhe price for doing so. I got so mad at all of the other ghosts when I found that out.

Wunder

When do equipment item quests pop up? I have gotten none.

The only thing for my druid in advance order that exchanges order resources for broken seals is not even on the same tier as chance for equipment.

I either get them as mission rewards/bonuses or as an additional proc reward for completing other random missions.

Maledict

Also is Suramar a big fat retcon? When the Nelves were there in TFT it was just ruins.

The entire expansion is a retcon. The broken isles is suddenly a continent with numerous races living on it, including several areas that are the fundamental heart of a major faction in the game that have never been mentioned before (Val'Sharah!). Illidan is suddenly good again and we're supposed to pretend that the questlines leading up to Black Temple never happened (with Akama, and the dreadlords working for Illidan).

I mean, I'm loving it, but it's wow - the lore is throw away stuff that can and will be replaced next time around.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Like I thought they could at least have a vaguely plausible reason like the barrier around the city also put an illusion on it?

Lanrutcon

Am I the only person who finds it funny that we now have Night Elves and Nightier Elves in the game? They should have just called the Suramar elves "Dark Elves" and dealt with the ensuing litigation afterwards.

I feel like defying expectations is kind of Azsuna's theme with its questing.
You keep waiting for Runas to betray you and it just doesn't happen. You kind of feel badly for not trusting him at the end because all he wanted to do was make amends and do something good with his life before he fully changed and devolved to a Withered. Maybe Prince Farondis wasn't a surprise to people more familiar with the lore of the war of the ancients but I kept waiting to see why Prince Farondis was so reviled by his people, to see what horrible thing he had done. It turns out he's hated by his people for trying to do something good, he stood up to Queen Azshara, tried to stop the Legion from invading Azeroth and paid rhe price for doing so. I got so mad at all of the other ghosts when I found that out.

Azsuna may be my favourite zone in the expansion as far as questing goes. It has the only quest that's actually made me laugh out loud ("A Rather Long Walk").

Rizzi

Am I the only person who find it funny that we now have Night Elves and Nightier Elves in the game? They should have just called the Suramar elves "Dark Elves" and dealt with the ensuing litigation afterwards.

Totally not Drow. Nope. Nuhuh. Those spider elf hybrids are totally different than Driders.

Tenebrous

Alright I'm ready to try a heroic on my rogue!

Things are going well...
Tank quits after the first boss. Well okay.
New tank joins. Pulls everything in the dungeon, kills us all, leaves.
The rest of the group leaves.

Why.

What dungeon? I queue random hoping for Halls of Valor, kill the first boss, and leave if I don't get it.

Tenebrous

Looks like the LFR heroes have gotten into heroic dungeons. I warn them of Helyas breath attack and both other DPS die to the first one. One of them gets ressed just to die again.

Sigh.

Happened in beta. Happened the first week of live. Will happen the last week of Legion.

Top Bottom